It appears I have the flu. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-24-2007, 07:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can barely type this as my head is throbbing and my body aches so badly. Does anyone know of anything I can take to feel better? Tylenol is out for me....I am apparently the only person in the world who cannot tolerate Tylenol.

I have so much to do. 11 people will be staying here this week. Still have to wrap adults presents, clean the house, and I am supposed to be baking a ton of stuff and fixing a huge dinner. I don't see how any of that is going to happen.

I have been sick off and on, mostly on since November 1st. This is ridiculous!

Any suggestions for body aches? I am taking Emergen-C. I just read that the flu last 3 times longer in pregnant women...how cruel is that? I am 38w1day if that matters for what to take.

Happymomma is not so happy lately.

Alicia mama to 3 boys 6 and under.
#2 of 8 Old 12-24-2007, 08:07 AM

well I usually will take GSE ( grapefood seed extract) which always seems to work wonders for me......also I will eat as many oranges as I can in a sitting. That always seels to make me feel better even right then when I eat them. For some reason it's the actual orange that makes feel so much better almost instantly not vitamin C.....and I practically LIVE in the shower as much as I can.....a good hot shower seems to be healing in a way I think.

I am sorry you are feeling so sick! That is the total pits....esp with everything you have to do.......take it easy mama don't be afraid to say no to a few things, because you taking it as easy as you can is what's most important right now especially seeing that you are so far along! You don't want to be worn BEFORE going into labor!
#3 of 8 Old 12-24-2007, 10:13 AM

I dont know if you are supposed to or not, but what about some chamomile? I cant imagine being 38w with the flu at Christmas aghhh.. your poor thing.. try to rest as much as possible.. let other people do stuff for ya lol.. i sure would. Ive been sick off and on this entire pregnancy and it sucks... so rest up, keep up your fluid intake, and try not to stress out (i know pretty impossible since its Christmas)
#4 of 8 Old 12-24-2007, 10:45 AM

sheesh! hope you feel better really fast.

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif
#5 of 8 Old 12-24-2007, 03:04 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Awww Mama, I hope you feel better soon. Sorry I don't have any suggestions other than Tylenol.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#6 of 8 Old 12-27-2007, 11:42 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestions. Still sick with the flu but hoping that I start to come out of it very soon. The body aches, fever, coughing, etc are pure misery.

Alicia mama to 3 boys 6 and under.
#7 of 8 Old 12-28-2007, 01:07 AM

i can totally relate..ive been sick a few weeks now and its horrible. im finally feeling a bit better but now im fighting the stomach flu and a toothache : when will it end?

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#8 of 8 Old 12-28-2007, 01:12 AM

Hugs, happymomma and MamaFern. I hope you kick this soon!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page