Daily Check-In Thread - Jan 2/08 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 45 Old 01-02-2008, 08:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 39 weeks today, one week until the due date. I had dd on her due date. No lost mucus plug (yet), no contractions, nothing really to report. Lots of pressure, just waiting, waiting, waiting for something, anything really. I have increased my walking, but am getting more and more uncomfortable. Lots of pubic and hip pain. Baby also seems to be moving a little bit less, he is moving, but movements are much smaller now. I bet he is very cramped in there.

My dh thinks I will have this baby on the 6th...I have no clue when it will happen.

mama tocoolshine.gif  andbikenew.gif3rdtri.gifdue in November

#32 of 45 Old 01-02-2008, 09:00 PM

I am doing really well...though feeling HUGE. I found my first stretch marks...right around my navel...but I've been lathering myself with oils since month 4 after every shower...so I've probably sustained fewer than might have gotten.
Baby is in good position still...and all is well. I get kicked to crap daily and I've been getting Braxton Hicks cntx daily.

Hoping for more snow...because it puts me in a good mood.
:::
Bought out the organics section at Babies R Us today...trying to get everything done before baby comes...and/or I don't want to wander the store anymore.

Getting more excited...less nervous now.

Mother of 2 boys, new little one on the way
#33 of 45 Old 01-02-2008, 09:01 PM

I don't know how I missed this thread but I'm missing alot these days. My EDD is Sunday and I'm really shocked that I made it this far. The pelvic pressure/watermelon between the legs feeling in unbelievable and whenever I stand up I have super intense pressure on my bladder. I woke up last night feeling strangely wired and a bit dizzy but little to no contractions. On the other hand I also had little to no contractions before my other 2 labors, one which started 10 days late and the other a week late. I'm just so tired of tired, awkward, beached whale syndrome.

Proud mama to three bouncing unschooled boys:, Ian5/02, Connor9/04, and Andrew1/08!:::: Milk Donors!familybed2.gifwaterbirth.jpghomeschool.gifselectivevax.gifdizzy.gif

#34 of 45 Old 01-02-2008, 09:02 PM

I'll be 40 weeks somewhere around the 3rd week of the month. I don't really know exactly how many weeks I am. My other two went around 41 and 42 weeks. My body is also very done being preggo, but I don't think I'm really close yet. I did get adjusted today, sacrum was locked up a bit, so since then I have been having more pelvic pressure. Baby is vertex thank goodness, so I guess I'm ready to go. Well, I'd like to hold on at least another week, because I actually still have a lot to do around the house. I also want to do a really agressive yeast regimen, as the last thing I want is this baby to be colonized with the crap right from the get go. This happened with my daughter and we had real issues from the beginning. Anyone here know a lot about Oil of Oregano. Chiro recommended it for yeast. I know it is contraindicated in pregnancy, but at this stage of the game, does it really matter? Hope all are feeling good. I know it gets antsy at this point, but let's just try to remember that the Baby knows when it is ready, and we all want it to be at THAT point!!! I have an idea, if anyone wants to, let's add some affirmations to the DAILY-Check In. Like if you are worried about something, have some hesitations, need to work through some mental things, etc., then we can all be sending positive vibes each other's way, yk?

I'll start...

I have a strong uterus. My uterus will be very effecient in helping this Baby birth. Once my placenta is born, my uterus will clamp down, and I will have minimal bleeding. I am confident and prepared!
#35 of 45 Old 01-02-2008, 09:14 PM

I don't know about using Oil of Oregano during pregnancy but my husband used it for a while to try and kill his toenail fungus and the stuff is very potent. If used straight it can burn your skin and he's got a very high pain tolerance. I don't remember what concentration he ended up being comfortable with but it was very diluted. I'd definitely test it on your hand before using it anywhere else.

Proud mama to three bouncing unschooled boys:, Ian5/02, Connor9/04, and Andrew1/08!:::: Milk Donors!familybed2.gifwaterbirth.jpghomeschool.gifselectivevax.gifdizzy.gif

#36 of 45 Old 01-02-2008, 09:40 PM

Quote:
I have an idea, if anyone wants to, let's add some affirmations to the DAILY-Check In. Like if you are worried about something, have some hesitations, need to work through some mental things, etc., then we can all be sending positive vibes each other's way, yk?

I'll start...

I have a strong uterus. My uterus will be very efficient in helping this Baby birth. Once my placenta is born, my uterus will clamp down, and I will have minimal bleeding. I am confident and prepared!
I think this is a great idea.....off to find a good affirmation....

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
#37 of 45 Old 01-02-2008, 09:46 PM

I'm here . . . 36 weeks according to ultrasound, 36 weeks and 4 days according to conception. Either way, still have time to go (and baby CANNOT come until 37 weeks, so I can have her with my midwife). Anyway, I'm hoping she drops soon, her butt is pushing up OVER my ribs and moving my breast around, which is rather uncomfortable. Besides, I think it will make me feel like something is happening. I haven't had any BH that I've noticed and while I know they can get uncomfortable, it's one of those things that would make me feel like my body is preparing for labor.

I've been really trying to practice my squatting and tailor sitting, hoping I'll get up from it one night and find baby lower

It is fun to watch all the rest of you progressing along!

Wife to my Denali-climbing DH
Mom to DD born Jan. 08 and DS born Oct. 09, and "baby sister" due Oct 2013!
House mom to ten boys, ages 8-11 at a group home! Yes, I must be nuts!
#38 of 45 Old 01-02-2008, 10:20 PM

---> Birthing Affirmation<---

My body knows exactly what it needs to do when it needs to do it! I am completely made and whole. WE are healthy!

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#39 of 45 Old 01-02-2008, 10:57 PM

I'm 37.5 weeks and despite having contractions for MONTHS I'm still pregnant and not showing any new signs. Just these annoying contractions. My sides are sore and I'm constantly tired and in a horrible mood. Meaning, I feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever and I'm probably right!

Today my slump of being completely tired all the time fought hard with the nesting urge that is creeping back and I ended up cleaning like a madwoman for a couple hours and then dropping down to sleep. Tomorrow I plan to chuck everything from the baby's room, it is our storage room and I've been slowly working on it but I'm tired of all the crap still in there so I'm going to get rid of it all tomorrow. I don't care where it goes, but it getting the heck out of there!

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#40 of 45 Old 01-02-2008, 11:05 PM

Be careful with that chucking urge!! With my first pregnancy, I just threw everything into trash bags and literally chucked it into the garbage without any remorse!! DH was remorsful though!

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#41 of 45 Old 01-02-2008, 11:11 PM

Birthing affirmation:

My baby will be born at the perfect time.

mama tocoolshine.gif  andbikenew.gif3rdtri.gifdue in November

#42 of 45 Old 01-02-2008, 11:13 PM

37w3d here. Not feeling like it will be any time soon. I still have quite a bit of laundry and organizing to do before baby can arrive And our birth supplies won't be here until Friday.
On the bright side, I picked up our birth certificate paperwork which was surprisingly hassle-free.
We're meeting with our backup mw tomorrow and I'm looking forward to that, although it means I have to vacuum up the cracker crumbs that dd spread across our living room rug *ugh*

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#43 of 45 Old 01-02-2008, 11:38 PM

Another update. Went to see the MW late this afternoon. Still only 1cm dilated, but now 80% effaced (progressed from 30% last week). I am a bit crampy after the exam, so we'll see how the rest of the night goes. The MW wants to see me back on Fri for fetal monitoring if I haven't birthed yet. I'm hoping for some action before then!!!!!

Happy Mommy to one amazing girl (6y) and one sweet boy (2y), and wife to DH since 7/03 : :
#44 of 45 Old 01-02-2008, 11:47 PM

Well I am 37 weeks and four days and hoping that my body waits a few more weeks. I know I am not due for a few more weeks but I feel like I could go ANY day. I feel lots of pressure, having very painful BH, my pubic bone hurts like the dickens,ect.

I feel not ready. I feel like there is so much more that I need to do. Right now I am getting ready to cook some meals to put in the freezer. My MIL is coming from out of town and my midwife has to GO out of town this weekend so I KNOW I cannot have the baby this weekend. So I am trying to not be stressed out like my husband says and just do what I can and make lists.

What I want done is.

My house cleaned

Laundry caught up

Birth kit finalized

And I have some more sewing to do and a few little things to buy.....

I know there is more

Thanks for this thread, it helps to just talk it all out......
#45 of 45 Old 01-03-2008, 01:42 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Great thread idea - well I am 38w5d (according to the MW, by my calculations more like 39w2d). I feel sooooo icky today. Definitely have the bowling ball between the legs feeling, lots of pressure, I swear I have to go to the 'loo every 5 minutes. I am achey and tired and hungry. I'd had a major nesting urge a couple of weeks ago but now I'm just tired. I want this baby out! My carpal tunnel is bothering me, I can't breathe, I can't run around after dd, I am having trouble doing my chores. Sigh. Thanks for letting me vent, I feel better.

I also feel very snuggly and weepy - rather like I would just before my period. I cried at a Dixie Chicks song that I heard on the radio today. Oh-kay!!!!!!! Also I feel very much like my cervix is opening up and things are very wet down there (TMI sorry). I'd had lots of BH recently but they've quieted down. I kind of wish they'd start up again so I could feel like something was about to happen. The other things make me feel like I'm close but ctrxns or bh would make them feel closer, yk?

Aahhh thanks for listening.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page