I feel so ridiculous... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-03-2008, 03:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't believe I let this upset me, but it did. My BIL leaves again tomorrow to go back to Basic Training (Army) after their holiday break. He invited my SIL, and other BIL and his wife to come along for a last evening out party thing. my BIL's wife is also pregnant, though only 16 weeks along. Yes, I realize how absurd I would look in a bar at 39 weeks pregnant, but still....why was I not invited???
#2 of 5 Old 01-03-2008, 03:38 AM

Maybe they didn't want to hurt your feelings because they knew you'd have to say no? (not realizing you'd feel left out, of course.)

Mama to Ella (1/15/08) and Django (03/20/11) - remembering 2 angel.gif
#3 of 5 Old 01-03-2008, 05:15 AM - Thread Starter

yeah, I guess I should have worded it better....I guess I know why they didn't invite me....I just don't know why it bothers me so much. It would look SO silly for me to go out to a bar, 39wks pregnant, and my DH in another state. I can only imagine what people would be thinking Why on earth am I upset?? lmao
#4 of 5 Old 01-03-2008, 08:09 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I know just how you feel.

My neighbor and I used to run in the mornings. I got her started running and it was this special mommy time each day to make a friend and keep healthy. But now she has a new running partner. Boo hoo for me, right? Nevermind the fact that there is no way I could drag my enormous body out of bed and run, but for some reason I am whiny and feel left out.

I would guess that he was being gentlemanly and assumed that you would be more comfortable at home with all the comforts of a warm bed.

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#5 of 5 Old 01-04-2008, 01:40 PM

that would bother my too. this isn't exactly the same thing but my MIL took her two daughters and their children to the pumpkin patch this year and didn't invite me and ds. that really bothered me. i wouldn't have been able to go anyway, but it still bothered me that she didn't mention it to me and invite me and let me say, "no we are busy that day."

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page