Daily check-in thread for 1/4 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-04-2008, 06:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hanging in there.. 37wk today.. appt this morning. I asked to be checked. Was up most of the night with mild dull back ache and could hardly sleep.. I think I got 3 hrs maybe? Anyway 2cm 50% really soft cervix and she could feel his head.. So the waiting game continues.. anything after next weekend is fine by me. DH is on leave and I have Bunko and knitting group.. then he can come.. lol..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2008, 06:28 PM

I'm 39 + 2 days. My due date is Jan 9th. I had an appointment on Wed with my midwife for a NST (non-stress test). Everything is good. She asked if I wanted to be checked but I declined. I have been having contractions but nothing intense. I have good days and bad days. I have been walking everyday and today I walked around the n'hood while my daughter rode her bike. I am ready to meet my baby boy and hope it will happen soon.

I have an affirmation that I have been saying since day one. I was diagnosed with breast cancer one month into my pregnancy and since then underwent a left breast mastectomy and 18 weeks of chemotherapy. My daily affirmation is:

I am thankful and grateful for my healthy body. All the cells in my body are whole, perfect, vibrant and abundant. I am healthy. We are healthy.

I have also added.....

I am thankful and grateful for my healthy body. I am confident that my body will deliver a healthy, beautiful baby boy safely. My baby will enter this world when he is ready. This pregnancy is a blessing. His birth will be a blessing.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:51 PM

Just had to share my afternoon excitement. Dh decided to work from home after the MW appointment this morning. We went out to lunch and for dessert I had the most amazing bread pudding (warm) with real whipped cream and vanilla ice cream. : I have decided that anything I ingest after my due date goes directly to the baby and as such, have dug into the leftovers as I type! Yummm!!

Still having contractions on and off.....have decided to ignore them because they are not seeming to progress and focusing on them is just making me batty.

Hope everyone is hanging in there as evening approaches.....I'm off to think about dinner

Happy Mommy to one amazing girl (6y) and one sweet boy (2y), and wife to DH since 7/03 : :
Old 01-04-2008, 07:01 PM

My dh has been too tired to dtd the last couple of nights - in bed by 9 pm! Maybe I'll get some conjugal action out of him tonight...

Neverdoingitagain, good to hear from you!

Off to put ds down for a nap...then bake some bread. :

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

Old 01-04-2008, 07:16 PM

I wish I were up to dtd! DH would certainly be all for it (in fact, that's how we "rang in" the new year ), but I just can't seem to get motivated enough. I'm just so uncomfortable, sex is really the last thing on my mind... :

Mama with babyboy.gif (2005), babyboy.gif (2008) & babygirl.gif (2010)

Old 01-04-2008, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulaLMT View Post
Howdy neighbor! (Pilgrim)
Howdy! Did you see the sun today??

eta: I totally would have liked to interview you as my doula...but...well...ya know!
Old 01-04-2008, 07:37 PM

neverdoingitagain: Love the choice of name! It's a most excellent one. Be prepared to be asked over and over if you're a big Fleetwood Mac fan though. We'd never heard the song until after we picked the name (from the Mabinogion) but luckily we like it.

To-Fu: Erm, my husband will be delighted with that news. :P

*sex response*
mama_y_sol: The best ways I've found so far are with me straddling him or hands and knees with a pillow or two for belly support. I bet laying side by side would work for a lot of people too but it's never been comfortable for me.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama_Bear View Post
We were both pleased either way.
laughup:

Thanks for that!
Old 01-04-2008, 09:44 PM

I've loved reading through this thread today. Lots of laughs.

I would love to have 'relations' but I'm not supposed to dtd till tomorrow....it's been months because I have a history of preterm labor and had a leak a couple months ago that has fortunately self-sealed again with 3 weeks of bedrest...but we weren't taking any chances.
Tomorrow though....I'll be a couple days past 37wks and we're good to go if that does indeed start things up.
I'm already 2cm and 80% and losing more mucus daily, so it very well could have an effect and I'm okay with that.

My affirmation is temporarily: My children will be taken care of while I labor.
(my mom doesn't get here until the 10th, so I've been nervous about care for my 4 yo and 3 yo.)

Almost the end of another day~ May we all rest well tonight!
Chris
Old 01-04-2008, 10:04 PM

To-fu and Chavaleh: Thank you for the ideas and positions!

mama tocoolshine.gif  andbikenew.gif3rdtri.gifdue in November

Old 01-04-2008, 10:27 PM

39 weeks today..went thrift store shopping and founds some cute baby things.. having contractions but they are pretty mild and very erratic.. not much else!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 01-04-2008, 10:55 PM

It's late in the day but I may as well check in...

"Term" is officially tomorrow, still no sign of baby moving head down.

Went to a LLL meeting this morning, loved it! There were two other mamas there that I already knew so that was great, and I think it's going to be so helpful for me once this baby is actually here. Very glad I went, and Amanda...if you're stalking this thread...Jump in!

Mama to Ella (1/15/08) and Django (03/20/11) - remembering 2 angel.gif
Old 01-04-2008, 11:00 PM

OK, was on the fence about DTD tonight to get things moving, but this thread has so much inspiration! And all of them sound better than castor oil for sure!

Happy Mommy to one amazing girl (6y) and one sweet boy (2y), and wife to DH since 7/03 : :
Old 01-04-2008, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafwood View Post
OK, was on the fence about DTD tonight to get things moving, but this thread has so much inspiration! And all of them sound better than castor oil for sure!
i'm in no way inclined to try and get things "moving," but this thread has been pretty inspiring just to dtd anyway... or should i not have admitted that?

(thinking to myself of all of us feeling in the mood tonight...)

oh my...

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

Old 01-04-2008, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
Howdy! Did you see the sun today??
Is that what that was???
No seriously, I love it here...:

Do you have a doula? If so do you mind sharing who? I know a lot of the doulas in the area.

Andrea...wife, SAHM to 3.5 yo DS and 1 yo DD.

Old 01-04-2008, 11:40 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
[Insert shaking fist and cursing the gawds] All you lucky Mamas who get to dtd!! Dh simply won't come near me as I get bigger and bigger and it's been about 2 freaking months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : He won't help the cause by giving a prostoglandin injection. I would offer the BJ but like someone said, I think it was just a story made up by a man to encourage women to give BJ's.

I took today to just rest and sleep a lot. It felt very decadent and almost guilt inducing. I decided not to have such a leisurely day again as I will be shocked back to exhaustion when the newborn comes. I did lots of chores tonight and now my ankles are all swollen.

I am nervous about this birth and the trauma I had last time, and how to deal with the pain of pushing this time, and my third degree tear. Labour to transition was okay with dd#1, and I started labouring down but then came the dropping heartrate and the interventions. This time I have a doula on standby and dh, my midwives. My mother also wants to attend.

Affirmation: (I like this one someone else posted -- ) I will let go of my need to control my birth - it will be fine and I will be fine.
I will be able to handle my birth. I am safe and all will be well.

As much (or as little) as I have prepared this time, I feel anxious at the moment.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
Old 01-04-2008, 11:43 PM

It is late in the day, but I thought I would pop in and say Had quite a few contractions last night and thought that might be it, but went to sleep and felt fine this morning. Anyone else feel more intense contractions in the evening? I just assume it is because I am tired by the end of the day and maybe a little dehydrated because I sometimes forget to drink my water :
Old 01-05-2008, 12:09 AM

I'm going to be stalking tomorrow's thread to see how many of us jumped our men tonight.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:13 AM

Emese'sMom: If he ain't givin' he sure as heck shouldn't be gettin'! And you know... from behind you can't really see the belly so much. My DH has had more trouble with the belly this time around than he did with the first two. I swear it's because I'm pregnant with a boy this time. Some kind of masculine chest pounding caveman reaction or something (which he vehemently denies).
Old 01-05-2008, 03:11 AM

Still pregnant
My best friend came over today and made my Belly Cast! I am SO happy I did it. I bought WAY too much plaster wrap so I'll be returning the rest but otherwise it was a success.

Still having BHCtrxs a few times a day. I'm trying to focus on relaxing and breathing through the pressure each time; letting it wash over me and such. My body is giving me LOTS of practice for the "BIG EVENT".

Daily affirmation: I was made to do this :

Mother of 2 boys, new little one on the way
Old 01-05-2008, 03:38 AM

Dh and I have been dtd every night for the past few nights. I get a little crampy each time but then it just goes away. Each time I get so hopeful and then it dies down. Regardless, we're still going to try every night, I want this baby to come OUT!

Mama to two boys and a girl.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:51 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavaleh View Post
Emese'sMom: If he ain't givin' he sure as heck shouldn't be gettin'! And you know... from behind you can't really see the belly so much.
My thoughts exactly - this is a two way street, not one way. And you'd think he'd be pleased to do it from behind (I even told him to imagine it was someone else or whatever!) but he's afraid to put his weight on me. Nonsense!! Put your weight on me!!! : I actually feel pretty down about this again tonight. It's so frustrating. I can't sleep 'cuz I feel like I need some lovin' and it's not the kind of thing the vibrator can take care of, YK? Sorry TMI. Oh well, get over it girl!

It's frustrating because it's these damned hormones or whatever and I can't control it or just get rid of it. I just have to wait for it to pass. Normally a warm bath or shower helps but not tonight. Perhaps I'll book a massage tomorrow so I can deal with some of the skin hunger. So pathetic!

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
Old 01-05-2008, 07:01 AM

I forgot to mention that I am 39 weeks today (yesterday?). On Friday.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

Old 01-05-2008, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavaleh View Post
neverdoingitagain: Love the choice of name! It's a most excellent one. Be prepared to be asked over and over if you're a big Fleetwood Mac fan though. We'd never heard the song until after we picked the name (from the Mabinogion) but luckily we like it.
Thanks! I chose it from both the song and the myth Unfortunately, no one seems to remember the song. People keep calling her "Rhianna"
Don't get me wrong, I like Rhianna, love her song "Umbrella" but that is NOT MY BABIES NAME!!!!
Umm so for those of you that have had babies before, with NCB, and no tearing...how long before you DTD? My dh is much more receptive this time (he was slightly truamtized last time ) and I am feeling..
kwim? Last time it was almost 6 weeks(that was a very short experiment ) and finally at 10 weeks (though that was barely too..)

waiting on the power of the three wolf moon. 

User Tag List