Daily check-in for 1/5 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I haven't read any of the responses yet, but wanted to check in. I'm still here, and still pregnant. 40+2 today. Ds was up and down last night for FOUR hours - dh and I are positively exhausted today. I'm going to nap this afternoon while ds naps...

Had one big, bad pain last night which could have been a contraction, except that there was only one - I was bending over and almost yelled out. Ow. Now I remember what labour feels like....why did I get myself into this again? Oh right, there's a baby at the end.

OK, off to tidy the house - I'll check in again later. Hope one of us is in labour, somewhere!

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 05:01 PM

No signs of anything... but I did get some nookie this morning!! And I'm going to the supermall with my mom today, so I'll be walking.
#33 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama_Bear View Post
My affirmation for today:

I will find some way to make dh swoon at my swollen, stretchmarked, bloated self and get the prostaglandin I need. Today, dammit!
I'm stealing this affirmation!!

Mama to DS (3/7/06)om.gif, DSD  hearts.gif(11/17/02), DD (1/16/08 )energy.gif ,  DS2 (5/30/10) sleepytime.gif and Baby Quinn angel.gif (R.I.P 3/22/13)

#34 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 05:17 PM

Hi still here!! 38 weeks and 1 day Trying to deal with nightmares I have been having in the morning.

My MIL took me out and bought me a bunch of beautiful baby clothes today as a surprise I thought we were only going out to lunch but then she surprised me and told me we were going baby shopping too!!

It was so much fun buying some new clothes for the baby I also got a soft comfy robe and pajama set Gotta love those after Christmas sales....

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
#35 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 05:19 PM

StrawHatBrat- I just had to say that I love your diaper stash!! How cute!

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#36 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 05:59 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmommie View Post
StrawHatBrat- I just had to say that I love your diaper stash!! How cute!
Yeah! Those are amazing! I have never seen cloth diapers looking so dang neat!!! Did you MAKE those?

39 wks today. Sore. Cranky. The odd strong BH that makes me take notice but nothing regular. Soft stools for weeks now (sorry TMI) and feel like I'll be losing some mucous for days at a time. I have been inserting an EPO capsule nightly. My sleep is all over the map. Last night I was busily cleaning the kitchen at 2 a.m. Nesting? Occassionally I am leaking colostrum which makes me very happy.

I have been trying to organize a meeting with the back up doula and so far it's not happened. I'm feeling a little *urgent* about the matter given that next Saturday is officially my due date and I feel like I could go sooner. (Wishful thinking ) It'll happen.

Last night I told dh how my ddc was plodding to get prostaglandin injections from their hubbies. A couple of hours later he noticed I was in a crusty mood and offered, but by then I had worked myself into such frustration with him and felt so unattractive that I didn't feel close to him, yk? I didn't feel "ROWR", I felt beaten down, helpless and ugly. Oh well.

For some reason I've been CRAVING legumes and last night I cooked a lovely lentil barley vegetable stew (with sausage).....ate it with fresh french bread..... Mmmmm!!!!!!!

Here's to another day of baking our babes!!! It doesn't seem like anyone is imminently going to pop today.... though I could be wrong! :

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#37 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry_mama View Post
Hi mamas! Does anyone mind if I join your check ins? I'm from the December DDC, but I think I'm the only one left there. I'm 41 weeks, and SO TIRED of being pregnant!
and Welcome. Hope your babe comes soon.

Just hanging out contracting here. Went to the grocery store today, which was super crowded and I have say shopping in a crowded store with a 5 year old while having contractions is not the best way to spend your time

Going back to read updates on everyone else.
#38 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 06:08 PM

38 weeks today, but nothing seems imminent. Very uncomfy, like everyone else, and having a hard time sleeping at night. I'm super constipated from the Zofran, but very nauseous and pukey without the Zofran. I can't wait for this morning sickness to be over!
#39 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Peanut View Post
You're not the only one left! : I am 41 weeks today! I'd like to join this group too though, if you gals don't mind!

Welcome!!!
#40 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 06:11 PM

39wks1d today....and extremely discouraged. Since this is my first, I have nothing but other people to go on for what early labor is like...and of course EVERY person says something different. But, my feet are still very swollen, no loose bowels, TONS of heartburn because baby is STILL WAY HIGH. Plus he is still super SUPER active (isn't that supposed to lessen close to birth?) My dr can't even feel if I'm dilated because he can't reach my cervix...chances are that I'm not though. I've yet to have a single contraction. I have everything here at the house all ready for his arrival...now all I need is baby. Ugh. I hate being a complainer, I'm just having a rough week. DH seems to think that it's ok to go 3 days without even a phone call to his wife, and the fact that I am so close to delivering makes it even worse. I am just a little depressed, which I KNOW isn't good for me or the baby, but I can't help but be overwhelmed by hormones and emotions right now.
#41 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by To-Fu View Post
The more, the merrier! (I may find myself hanging out over in the February DDC eventually, anyway--not due until 1/26).

I'm 37w today. Officially full-term. Nothing is happening. Still waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollysMom View Post
Welcome!!!
Thank you, ladies!!
#42 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry_mama View Post
Hi mamas! Does anyone mind if I join your check ins? I'm from the December DDC, but I think I'm the only one left there. I'm 41 weeks, and SO TIRED of being pregnant!

Of course not! Welcome to our overdue club, too! I hope your labour gets going soon...

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#43 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Peanut View Post
Thank you, ladies!!
Yes, welcome!!!

#44 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my kidlets and me View Post
Yes, welcome!!!
Thank you!!
#45 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 08:15 PM

i know i'm late on the check-in. but i'm here. as has been his pattern for about 2 months now, DS#1 woke up at 1030 last night, only instead of being awake for an hour or two, he kept the rest of us awake ALL NIGHT until well into the 5:00 hour (this morning). he's not sick, but it might be related to the potty learning thing- it's all child-led, and we're not sure if he's trying to hold it overnight, despite being in a pull-up. anyway, he won't say anything about what's on his mind, only whimper and kick us in the dark. so after falling asleep a little before 6 this morning, the jehovah's witnesses knocked on our door at 10ish (we live deep in the woods, how they find us here is beyond me). we weren't very happy. so we're all tired and crabby today.

at least labor feels far off.

i have been thinking and laughing to myself about yesterday's ("let's all get laid") thread. it reminded me of how DH describes dtd at this point in pregnancy. he's very dutiful about it, but he calls it "changing the oil." i've decided not to ask for any until i'm due or past due. as much as i may want it, it just kinda makes me feel like an old car to think about it like that.

anyway... good luck to everyone craving labor, especially the newbies from december (welcome!).

peace,
hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#46 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post
i have been thinking and laughing to myself about yesterday's ("let's all get laid") thread. it reminded me of how DH describes dtd at this point in pregnancy. he's very dutiful about it, but he calls it "changing the oil." i've decided not to ask for any until i'm due or past due. as much as i may want it, it just kinda makes me feel like an old car to think about it like that.
: : OMG that is so funny! Changing the oil!!!

Sorry to hear you didn't sleep well. I hope you get a better rest tonight.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#47 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 10:23 PM

Hi ladies..
Labor vibes to those mamas who have passed or are near their due dates! I'm 38 weeks tomorrow, so I think I have a little while to go. This baby doesn't seem like she's going to be making her appearance anytime soon.. and I still have some things to get ready, so I'll be patient (for now ).
Hope you all get your oil changed tonight

~e, wife to my sweet T , mama to my turtleman (12) , sunshine (9 ), and monkey (6)
#48 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 10:30 PM

oil changes all around!!!

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#49 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 11:00 PM

At this point, I think changing the oil sounds more inticing to my husband than actually DTD.
#50 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 11:09 PM

Fluffy Peanut - welcome....and interestingly enough, we had 2 cats when I was growing up, named fluffy and peanut! I don't know where you got your screenname but it jumped out at me!

We dtd...not really with the intent of starting labor...but...because it's fun Sort of. It's also sort of awkward and comical. But we'll see if anything happens

Andrea...wife, SAHM to 3.5 yo DS and 1 yo DD.

#51 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 11:20 PM

We didn't dtd last night, mostly because we were up with ds until 2 and then we were just tooooooo exhausted. Maybe tonight - I was just telling dh about the prostglandins (sp?) absorbed better through the gut, and he has a speculative look in his eye...

#52 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 11:20 PM

Welcome to the mamas who's babies want to stay put!

All is well here (39w4d). We went for a long walk today. DTD this morning, was able to find a comfy position due to yesterday's suggestions (thanks). But really, nothing is happening at all.

Last night I dreamt I gave birth, in my bed, with just dh. It was wonderful, I woke up feeling so good, it is hard to explain. I really really want to hold my baby.

My doula hurt her shoulder...I am really hoping she makes a speedy recovery, I want her massage skills during labor!

My baby knows how and when to be born and I am patient.

mama tocoolshine.gif  andbikenew.gif3rdtri.gifdue in November

#53 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_y_sol View Post
My doula hurt her shoulder...I am really hoping she makes a speedy recovery, I want her massage skills during labor!
Yeah let's hope she recovers quickly!

Dh is out tonight with his best friend. I'm so glad because he needs the break. His best friend's father died a few days after dh's father died. It's been 3 weeks now and they are a good shoulder for each other at the moment. I am home with dd tonight who, bless the goddesses, went to sleep early and without incident. PHEW!!! Just what Mama needed tonight! I am feeling very crampy today and like baby is trying to find an escape hatch.

Every once in awhile I think about what's to come and kind of go "EEPS!" But I know there's a lovely baby at the end! Can't wait to meet this little person who is shuffling her feet around inside my belly! I also went thrift store shopping today and got a couple of things for my dd and this newborn. I was happy to find those PJ nightgown thingies that have an elastic around the bottom to make middle of the night diaper changes quick and easy.

#54 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 11:51 PM

I got some of those baby gowns on clearance at Target the other day. I loved them with the girls but I'm not sure how well they'll work with the cloth diapers.

Baby decided not to make his move during the party today. Alas. I got to have lots of cuddle time with the new niece who is 6 weeks old now. She's so precious. We call her the Tsarina because my brother was the Tsar as a toddler. She's following in his imperious footsteps. I asked her to tell my baby to get a move on. He always kicks and pokes a lot more when I'm holding her. I wonder if he can tell she's there somehow.

My tooth is still throbbing painfully. I may break down and take one of my Tylenol3's to get to sleep tonight. I tried putting some Chloraseptic spray on it but it only helps for a few moments.

I was happy to read that dentistry is much less complicated when one only has to consider a nursing infant rather than an unborn one. I'm only really going to have to worry about the antibiotics they'll want me to take I think. Bring on the baby and then the dentist!
#55 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 11:53 PM

Quote:
I was just telling dh about the prostglandins (sp?) absorbed better through the gut, and he has a speculative look in his eye...

OMG.. I told DH it's not effective at all that way..

~e, wife to my sweet T , mama to my turtleman (12) , sunshine (9 ), and monkey (6)
#56 of 60 Old 01-06-2008, 12:08 AM

Late evening check-in for me I guess!

I've been having ctx every 10 minutes or so since 3:00. Maybe it's just wishful thinking... Labor was only 10 hours start to finish with DD. And took place at 38 weeks. Looks like this one is going to take his/her time. The bag is packed, clothes are washed and put away, CDs are in the mail ( we aren't using them until meconium is finished ) and the house isn't in terrible shape. I keep feeling like I want to nest, but I should save my energy?

We went to Jungle Jim's today. Nothing like killing 3 hours in a grocery store! Or driving an hour to get there. It was totally worth it, though. Lots of good walking. And DD was awesome! She played in the cart the whole time.

Congratulations to all who dtd last night/ this morning!
#57 of 60 Old 01-06-2008, 12:39 AM

I keep having period like cramping the past two mornings. Today I had contractions off and on all day and was getting hopeful that maybe tonight something would happen, but yet again they fizzled. I'm at 37 1/2 weeks so there is time, I'm just so uncomfortable all the time I'm ready to meet the little guy. My Blessingway is tomorrow so maybe he's waiting for that before making an entrance.
#58 of 60 Old 01-06-2008, 01:11 AM

A warm welcome and (((elvs))) for our december friends!

MrsAprilMay - I loooooove Jungle Jims!!! It's the only place I've been able to find true Irish sausages - actually made in Ireland! Such a fun store!

Nothing much to report from me. My linea negra has finally started to appear @ 37 weeks, and dh has just about completed his nesting project for this pregnancy - converting our handycam tapes to dvd and putting them on the hard drive. Last pregnancy, he bought nightlights for the ENTIRE house - every. single. outlet. He was truly out of control. lol I'm just about finished with all of my sewing projects. Made some bassinet sheets, tiedyed the baby's prefolds and my mama cloth... I just have to stitch together some wool covers and then I'm done.
#59 of 60 Old 01-06-2008, 01:19 AM

Nightlights for every outlet? Maybe he's the one with the nesting urge, not you!

I baked bread yesterday and today, and made some pumpkin muffins for the freezer today. I'm itching to clean the kitchen (it's a sty - after being sick all Christmas, I didn't have the energy to do it then), but I ran out of steam this morning. Maybe tomorrow. Dh keeps hinting that I'm nesting, but is it nesting if it's something dirty that's been bugging you for weeks, then you run out of energy before you actually clean it? I think not.

Come to think of it, I didn't really have a nesting urge with ds - maybe I'm missing that gene or something.

#60 of 60 Old 01-06-2008, 07:41 AM

Quote:
I was just telling dh about the prostglandins (sp?) absorbed better through the gut, and he has a speculative look in his eye...
I will post the paper if I can find it...but I did find a paper on Midwifery Today's website about how prostaglandins are absorbed 10x more efficiently in the gut than by the cervix tissue.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page