Daily check-in for 1/5 - Mothering Forums

#1 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hope that everyone else is sleeping in this morning since no one has started this!!
My sister will be here today!!! She was here for the birth of ds2 and I am so glad she will be here again! I am 39+2 today and still feeling like I'm a ways off. I'm hoping that I'm just going to feel great and then wake up one night in labor. I guess we'll see. I'm not feeling anxious about it today and hope to stay that way! Thanks for all the laughs yesterday!!
Katie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 11:24 AM

Happy due date to me today!!
Of course I don't feel anything to indicate me being close to labor. I have an appointment today with my midwife, I have a feeling baby is posterior right now and has been a few days to a week now.
We'll see. I'm ready to meet this baby. I feel like I've waited 10 months to find out gender and did great until this week. I am dieing to know now.
I guess cause I feel like I have lots of things to get for this baby and don't want to get yellow and green everything.
#3 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 11:38 AM

Hey everyone. No news from me, really, although I think I saw a tiny piece of my mucous plug floating around in the bathtub earlier. I've also had a few contractions again today but I guess le babe is still way too comfy in there to really get things going...

Mama with babyboy.gif (2005), babyboy.gif (2008) & babygirl.gif (2010)

#4 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 12:08 PM

Super uncomfy, but not in labor : DH is at work for a while (who know how long? : ) So, it's me, the toddler, the dog and impending labor :

I've got one heck of a sweet tooth going on over here. Must step away from teh chocolate.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#5 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 12:10 PM
Banned

Hi mamas! Does anyone mind if I join your check ins? I'm from the December DDC, but I think I'm the only one left there. I'm 41 weeks, and SO TIRED of being pregnant!
#6 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 12:10 PM

I'm still here too!

She's still hanging in her comfy home also LOL!

I took a hot shower last night, to relieve my back pain (labor?!?) and it DIDN'T WORK!! So i cried the ENTIRE SHOWER. Yea, that was no fun. DH walked in, and was like WTF is wrong with you. He didn't understand. O'well. At least i slept good last night!

I'm going to walk walk walk walk today. Yea, woo.

She'll be here when SHE'S ready, and not a moment sooner, i'm learning! : LOL!
#7 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 12:46 PM

My maternity leave started yesterday without me! I went into work and there was a sub in my classroom - it wasn't suppose to start until Monday. I guess they thought they wouldn't be seeing me again when i called in on Thursday? All in all it worked out well - I was dreading going in to work yesterday and was glad to be able to say my goodbyes and head back home.

In a former life i was a body worker, and am (probably overly) aware of subtle changes in my body. I keep getting these hints that changes are occurring; swelling going down, losing some mucous, having contractions that effect my whole uterus. Every time i notice something new I get all excited that labor is going to start and have been slightly frustrated when it hasn't. This morning I woke up with a new way of thinking - I'm just going to assume that I'm going to be pregnant forever, so when labor does start it will be a pleasant surprise. Luckily, I am still pretty comfortable, with the exception of turning at night (going from one side to the other is essentially a 5 point turn).

We are hitting Ikea today to get some storage for the baby. I thought I'd just share my dresser for the time being, but this kid has more clothes than I've owned in the last 10 yrs! I also still have to figure out dirty cloth diaper storage (any ideas/advice?).

I'm enjoying these daily check-ins its good to hear how everyone is doing. Looking forward to more birth announcements!
#8 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 12:59 PM

Good morning everyone. It's rainy here. I'm not feeling all that well today. Not sick, just off. DH has to work again today and no telling how long. Most likely until late tonight too. So it's me, my 2 kids and my 2 dogs that cannot be outside because it is wet. I'm hoping the kids are going to let me have a lounge day and lay on the blankets today. Here's to hoping. I am just not feeling it today. Plus it's cold and rainy outside. Perfect for lounging.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#9 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 01:02 PM

sleeping in? i wish! lol

dh got home from duty around 8:30am & took a nap. we'll be leaving for the mall in a few when he's out of the shower. my kids got $100 gc to build a bear for christmas, so it will kill some time, and be FREE! lol. i also got a GC to barnes & noble ... i think i'll buy a baby name book and a fancy drink from starbucks, lol.

tonight we're supposed to do my belly cast, and test the hose on the birth tub.

Jenn, wife to John
Mama to Kayleigh (6), Ethan (4), Norah (1), & Charlotte coming 11.09
#10 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 01:13 PM

40wks+4 today. Ugh....
Still having prodromal labor. Or rather, it seems that I have real labor contractions steadily for a few hour and then they fizzle out for awhile only start back up again later.
Come on baby! Mama's ready!

Mama to DS (3/7/06)om.gif, DSD  hearts.gif(11/17/02), DD (1/16/08 )energy.gif ,  DS2 (5/30/10) sleepytime.gif and Baby Quinn angel.gif (R.I.P 3/22/13)

#11 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 01:34 PM

Well since my EDD is not until the end of the month. I got a ways to go... But these rib kicks sure are painful. I just wish I could get some sleep.
#12 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome starrymomma!!
Katie
#13 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 01:44 PM

40+2 today. I think there must be something magical about that "EDD" thing. I've been really miserable for pretty much the whole pregnancy. I've been patient, talking to the baby about coming out at 37 weeks, but not before. Well, it seems that since that "magical" EDD day has passed, I've gotten downright desperate (and cranky!)about this. I can't move even a bit without a great deal of pain, and I want the baby out NOW!!! I have zero signs that labor is coming soon.

Still, I haven't done anything to encourage labor. I have to check w/ my MW. What do y'all think about this... I am GBS pos, but will not do antibiotics unless I spike a fever during labor. So I'm afraid to put anything inside. I've not had any internal exams, nor do I plan to. I'd like to dtd with DH, but don't want to cause trouble. What would you do?
#14 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 01:48 PM

PoolSide: So sorry about your back. Mine bothered me a lot more in my first two pregnancies but hasn't been so bad with this one. Having my DH massage it really helped.

starry_mama: Hang in there! You won't be pregnant forever. I'm sure you hear that all the time though.

My night was not so great. I have a cracked tooth in need of a root canal on the right side of my mouth and while it isn't in constant pain I haven't been able to chew on that side since before Christmas. Yesterday though my gums around a few of the teeth on the left side started throbbing. Kept me up from about 4:30am on. *sigh* Hopefully it's just irritated and will settle down before tonight.

Still no signs of labor. Didn't get any help from the DH last night on that account but he woke up this morning ready and willing. Ew. Yuck. Morning lovin' just ain't my thing. Between yuck mouth and kids running around how could anyone possibly be in the mood??
#15 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
Still, I haven't done anything to encourage labor. I have to check w/ my MW. What do y'all think about this... I am GBS pos, but will not do antibiotics unless I spike a fever during labor. So I'm afraid to put anything inside. I've not had any internal exams, nor do I plan to. I'd like to dtd with DH, but don't want to cause trouble. What would you do?
Sterilize the ****?

hehe, I'm not sure what kind of increased risk of infection sex puts you at. It would be interesting to know.
#16 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 02:07 PM

Hi,

Guess there are a few of us waiting and ready...I am 40.3 today and really starting to feel scared that I will be as overdue as I was with my daughter (42.3). I just need to relax.
#17 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by starry_mama View Post
Hi mamas! Does anyone mind if I join your check ins? I'm from the December DDC, but I think I'm the only one left there. I'm 41 weeks, and SO TIRED of being pregnant!
Not at all!!! its hard going over!! my last was 42 and 2 days late!

Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....
Country living Mama of 4 home-birthed children, 3 chickens and 2 puppies.
#18 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 02:11 PM

Chaveleh - I would have taken morning lovin' over no lovin'. :P
#19 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern View Post
Not at all!!! its hard going over!! my last was 42 and 2 days late!
OMG! I have to cover my ears - I don't know if I can make it that long - you are amazing! I am about thisclose to losing it here.
#20 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 02:15 PM

happy due date stacy!

poolside that sounds rough mama! have you tried arnica for the back pain?

Quote:
My night was not so great. I have a cracked tooth in need of a root canal on the right side of my mouth and while it isn't in constant pain I haven't been able to chew on that side since before Christmas. Yesterday though my gums around a few of the teeth on the left side started throbbing. Kept me up from about 4:30am on. *sigh* Hopefully it's just irritated and will settle down before tonight.
i So feel for you! i still cant really eat. the tooth is gone but i have a big weird hole now and its still pretty tender. maybe go get it looked at? i wish i havnt left mine so long.. it became a total nightmare.

ive been having pretty menstral like crampiness since yesterday, accompanied by really uncomfy soft stools (TMI ) im not sure if its my body getting ready or if im fighting yet another thing off.. i had some longish but painless contractions all of yesterday as well.. if anything my body is preparing..it just might take a while! im not worried, but i do dread going So far overdue like i did will dd.. 16 days past my edd wasn't much fun

Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....
#21 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama_Bear View Post
Chaveleh - I would have taken morning lovin' over no lovin'. :P
True, true. I guess I'm just a spoiled beast picking and choosing.
#22 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
OMG! I have to cover my ears - I don't know if I can make it that long - you are amazing! I am about thisclose to losing it here.
you can! your baby is worth it!

#23 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 02:19 PM
Banned

My mom is coming on Monday for 2 weeks, and I think I will feel better once she's here. She will clean my house and cook for me and help watch the kids, etc.
#24 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 02:27 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
37 weeks and counting. I feel like I still have a looooooong ways to go.

We took down our Christmas tree this morning, I ordered a new camera so I can take pics of this new baby (hooray for Christmas cash), and now I have the day to putter and get a few things done. I just don't have any motivation to actually do any of the things on my list. But I have a list! That's something, right?

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#25 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 02:36 PM

Quote:
You're not the only one left! : I am 41 weeks today! I'd like to join this group too though, if you gals don't mind!
#26 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavaleh View Post
True, true. I guess I'm just a spoiled beast picking and choosing.
A spoiled beast? You?

Well, yes, actually. No one else seems to be posting about their conjugal prostaglandin injections!

Dh went out to a friend's house last night. I waited up for him. He went to bed immediately and was snoring with minutes. *sigh* This baby is NEVER coming out.

My affirmation for today:

I will find some way to make dh swoon at my swollen, stretchmarked, bloated self and get the prostaglandin I need. Today, dammit!
#27 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 03:02 PM

Quote:
I will find some way to make dh swoon at my swollen, stretchmarked, bloated self and get the prostaglandin I need. Today, dammit!
so funny!

38 weeks today...or maybe tomorrow. anyways, sometime this weekend.

nothing going on. went into labor at 38 weeks with DC#2. feel nowhere close with this one.
#28 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Peanut View Post
You're not the only one left! : I am 41 weeks today! I'd like to join this group too though, if you gals don't mind!
The more, the merrier! (I may find myself hanging out over in the February DDC eventually, anyway--not due until 1/26).

I'm 37w today. Officially full-term. Nothing is happening. Still waiting...

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#29 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 03:36 PM

39 weeks today, and I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing my due date babeless. Which is okay, as MIL arrives Wed. to care for DD, and up until then, we don't really have a care plan for her, but still... I am so done being pregnant. Plus, it's "Fleet Week" next week and DH won't be by his desk, or allowed to carry a cell, so I'll be a panicky, control-freak preggo lady because I can't get a hold of him at all hours of the day.

I wish I could believe in the magic powers of prostaglandins, but DH and I were at it like bunnies the whole of my last pregnancy, and when I was induced at 41+1, my cervix was high, hard, and sealed like a clam. He's willing to try again this time, but he's got a fair amount of body hair, and it irritates my PUPPS rash somethin' awful. (He would die of shame if he knew I were writing this!) I'm not willing to risk the heartburn to try yesterday's "alternate" delivery method, heh heh.

Cheers, mamas. We're almost there.

Andrea, EDD 13th Jan 08.
#30 of 60 Old 01-05-2008, 03:39 PM

I'm "due" tomorrow and actually had some birthing waves last night. They calmed down and let me sleep, which is nice. Throughout my pregnancy I've been visualizing my labor beginning in the morning or during the day and wrapping up before the middle of the night.. I don't want to have to battle exhaustion and labor if at all possible. I still haven't had any mucous plug loss, but I really don't think I will until labor, so I've managed to stop scrutinizing the toilet paper every time I pee We are having a low pressure system move through right now and the moon phase aligns with my ovulation, so I'll be curious to see if the baby decides to come soon. Lord knows we are ready.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
Mama, I would totally dtd. You could talk to your midwife about doing a Hibiclens wash during labor if you are worried about infection. I wouldnt be worried about it tho, personally.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page