Daily Check-in for 1/6 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 47 Old 01-06-2008, 06:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm here . . . 37ish . . . looking at all the "over-due" mammas, hoping I don't end up as one of them . . . but I guess that's everyone's wish, right? I've been concentrating on gulping my red raspberry tea- drinking a big pot of it every day. I'm feeling ?disappointed? because I'm not noticing any BH but I guess I could be having them and not realizing it, right? I think it will make me feel like I'm getting closer when I do. In time, my body will do what it needs to, to have this baby at the right time!

Wife to my Denali-climbing DH
Mom to DD born Jan. 08 and DS born Oct. 09, and "baby sister" due Oct 2013!
House mom to ten boys, ages 8-11 at a group home! Yes, I must be nuts!
#32 of 47 Old 01-06-2008, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyTheCat View Post

I can't decide whether I was a good girl or a bad girl today... I went for a longish walk with DS, but then I had Döner and two glasses of Cola.
Don't feel bad. I went to Steak N Shake at 1:00am to get a turkey melt, chili, veggie soup and ate DH's cheese fries. : I've made up for it today, but it was soooo goooood!
#33 of 47 Old 01-06-2008, 06:32 PM

Steak and Shake!!! Mmmm.. I miss In-N-Out fiercely, too.

Baby is due today, last night I had some regular cramps.. anywhere from 5-10 minutes apart but they tapered off after 4 hours. Sigh.

Oh well, baby will come when it is ready. I just wish my readiness would rub off a little

On a side note, I decided to do some more freezer cooking and cook meals for this week since Im so incredibly bored. I LOVE my new cast iron enamel pans. They rock. I always have a heckuva time with my stainless set sticking with anything but meat. I hate making eggs in stainless. But the new pans just cook everything so evenly and I never have sticking problems. It's the little things that excite me. I also think Ive finally perfected my chocolate chip cookie recipe. The last batch had too many chocolate chips and not enough salt, but it was super close to being perfect, so that is exciting. I baked them on a baking stone and they turned out perfectly crispy and chewy. Plus they have stayed soft for 3 days now!

I'm gonna try forcing the baby out by eating, wish me luck
#34 of 47 Old 01-06-2008, 06:57 PM

Happy due date too HypnoMama!!

Well even though it's my EDD and I haven't popped yet, what a great day and it's only going to get better. My DH let me sleep late, I woke up to a pancake and bacon breakfast, kids played together for a bit, DH got them outside, I got to make some brownies while listening to a great show on Gershwin, and now we get share an evening with some new found friends, hopefully all our kids will play well together, and we'll have some great adult conversation, can't get much better than that.

Now I just better not start crying I'm so happy!

Proud mama to three bouncing unschooled boys:, Ian5/02, Connor9/04, and Andrew1/08!:::: Milk Donors!familybed2.gifwaterbirth.jpghomeschool.gifselectivevax.gifdizzy.gif

#35 of 47 Old 01-06-2008, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttix2 View Post
Care to share that link Stacymama
http://www.mamatoto.org/Default.aspx?tabid=63 here it is.
#36 of 47 Old 01-06-2008, 08:39 PM

it's a bad day here.

40 weeks today and sadly, nothing going on. I could cry. It's also my birthday (happy birthday to me). I received a notice last night that I have 3 weeks to return to work or be fired. I am losing my job because this child isn't coming quick enough... I guess I have no job, mine and my child's health are far more important.

OK, enough moping for the day.

My affirmation today: "Just keep breathing... it can only get better."
#37 of 47 Old 01-06-2008, 09:01 PM

well i'm about 38 weeks. in my mind i have envisioned the entire time that 38 weeks would be when he came. yesturday morning i woke up with contractions that actually really hurt but weren't regular. i thought maybe these will turn into the real thing. i couldn't sleep through them so i got up and took a shower. they went away soon after i took a shower, but i had them for about two hours probably. i never had contractions at all with ds...are these contractions a sign that this baby probably wont be overdue or am i going to continue to wake up to contractions for two or three more weeks?
#38 of 47 Old 01-06-2008, 09:13 PM

mmmm. steak and shake. :

we've been freaking out here bc it looks like we may have to have a hospital birth. our mw wants to be paid before the birth, naturally, and we just learned the ins isn't covering anything. at all. surprise! they won't cover any ob in our town, (which is the capital of the freaking state!) so we'll have to pay the total of the hosp bill too, just not right now. sigh.

other than that doing well. achy back, nesty, super leaky boobage. i can't wait to meet her!!!

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif
#39 of 47 Old 01-06-2008, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulaLMT View Post
Affirmation: When the time is right, labor will begin all on its own.
I need to make this my daily mantra until baby decides to make her way into the world.

Mama to DS (3/7/06)om.gif, DSD  hearts.gif(11/17/02), DD (1/16/08 )energy.gif ,  DS2 (5/30/10) sleepytime.gif and Baby Quinn angel.gif (R.I.P 3/22/13)

#40 of 47 Old 01-06-2008, 09:38 PM

Anyone else having trouble eating well the more time that passes? I made brown butter sauce to go with my pasta today, AND I made cookies. And ate about half a dozen of them. Ugh. (but YUM)

Andrea...wife, SAHM to 3.5 yo DS and 1 yo DD.

#41 of 47 Old 01-06-2008, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulaLMT View Post
Anyone else having trouble eating well the more time that passes? I made brown butter sauce to go with my pasta today, AND I made cookies. And ate about half a dozen of them. Ugh. (but YUM)
i was just going to post that i have no appetite these days;... i ate a piece of sprouted grain toast and an egg today. thats it & a glass of juice and a few glasses of milk..
im hungry..but nothing sounds good and i have no desire to cook. im cranky (because i have low blood sugar) and i know i *should* eat but who wants to eat when nothing tastes good.. wah, wah, wah.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#42 of 47 Old 01-06-2008, 09:46 PM

i have all of a sudden this week been famished...but i don't ever really know what i want. i end up eating everything in the whole world. i bet when i go to the midwife on monday she is going to tell me i gained 10 lbs in one week. i'm serious. most of the time all i can think of that i do want is sweets.
#43 of 47 Old 01-06-2008, 10:04 PM

39w5d. I lost my mucus plug last night and today! Losing it has put me in a really positive mood, even though I know it doesn't mean the birth will happen soon. I guess I am just happy, because I feel like, yes, my body does know how to go into labor.

I don't need to think about things so much. I need to trust my body, it knows what it is doing.

I was at the beach this morning with dd and dh. A woman approached me to tell me that she "knew" I would go into labor tonight. I just kind of laughed and said "maybe". "I have a very strong feeling" she told me. Then she walked away. I don't think it will be tonight! But maybe this week?

Zahirakids: I love your affirmation too! I can really connect with the messages in the Power of Now.

mama tocoolshine.gif  andbikenew.gif3rdtri.gifdue in November

#44 of 47 Old 01-06-2008, 10:23 PM

First of all, I just realized that I posted my last post in the December DDC! Okay, I'm really losin' it! Ha.

All you mama's due and overdue, I so totally know. I have BTDT twice. I'm oh, I don't know, like 37 weeks and change today. I am okay physically, for the most part, except nighttime is killing me. I wish I could sleep, and when I can, I still have to pee every hour. Ughh! My bones feel like they're old and rusty by the time I wake up in the morning. My pubic bone is a bit sore.

I have an appointment with mw in the morning, but I forget what time it is. I live like an hour away, so I have to leave first thing to beat traffic, which is before the office even opens. I can't even call to confirm the appt. Duh. Usually they call me the day before to confirm, but they didn't so now I'm really stuck. If I go in, I might not even have an appointment. If I don't go in, I know that I certainly will have had one and missed it. Screwed either way. Oh well. I'm having an OOOPS anyway, but I'm trying to play nicey nice, so I can keep seeing them in the future.

My affirmations:

I will have patience with my family, especially my children. I will NOT yell at them. They are innocent and precious to me. I am an adult and will act appropriately.

Also, I will Labor and Birth during the nighttime while my children are peacefully asleep. I will not be distracted or nervous about them being there and if they are there, they will be uplifting and calming for me.

My birth canal is healthy and free from obstruction and YEAST!

I have a strong uterus. My uterus will be very effecient in helping this Baby birth. Once my placenta is born, my uterus will clamp down, and I will have minimal bleeding. I am confident and prepared!
#45 of 47 Old 01-06-2008, 10:40 PM

ok, had a great day sans kids. DH and i got to watch a movie, take a nap, have a fantastic oil change, and then go out to dinner. we haven't done ANY of those things in ages, much less all of them in one day. the kids had a fine time at the ILs, and DH and i are feeling much more energized to be the parents we want to be.

i'm going to call the ped in the morning to rule out an ear infection. i'd think DS#1 would tell me if his ears were hurting, but maybe he's just kinda caught up in the emotions running kinda high in the house these days. it certainly seems like something is "wrong" with him, though we can't pin it down. he doesn't have symptoms of anything except not wanting to lay down and go to sleep.

also, as if in response to the great afternoon i had, i have been caught in one gigantic, crampy BH all evening. kinda shaking me up a bit, cause i'm absolutely NOT READY for this baby to come. i haven't even packed my bags, to begin with. guess i've got my day planned for tomorrow. i would do my normal 6+mi on the treadmill tonight, cause i'm feeling so much better, except that i truly worry that it might kickstart labor right now, and that's the last thing we need!

although... baby is welcome when baby is ready.

it sounds like a lot of us mamas are gonna be posting birth stories in the next few days!

thinking of you all,
hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#46 of 47 Old 01-06-2008, 11:32 PM

Hello all! I was up last night with some contractions that fizzled out after about an hour and a half. I am trying to focus on the fact that it is easier to do labor in in pieces than all at once. I got to sleep in this morning (both kids slept until 8:30!!!) and had a nice relaxing day. I am hoping for labor tonight!!!
Katie
#47 of 47 Old 01-06-2008, 11:43 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hey Ya'll, sure sounds like lots of uteruses are preparing here in this DDC.

Just wanting to share after all my complaining about how dh hasn't touched me in like two months........Well after I read the post to dh about someone's dh dutifully "changing the oil", he started to check out my "headlights" and I ended up getting a "lube job" -- since then I had terribly painful cramps and contractiony feelings all night. They are now slowly petering off but geez, I hope they keep up! I want this baby to come! Now!!!

Patience....patience...

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page