Daily Check-In for 1/7 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 66 Old 01-08-2008, 12:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i'm still here - after a helacious day!

my 2.5year old ds has been acting totally off the past week or so. i'm not sure what it is .. he has a slight cold, but i think it might be a combo of the cold/dh returning home/new baby coming, ect ... anyway, this morning he would not get dressed, threw his pancakes on the floor, and threw one of his biggest tantrums to date.

i had to get dd to preschool, it was a nightmare. i was hysterical crying, he's flipping, dd just wants to leave, adn dh calls in the middle of it as i'm trying to get out the door. not pretty, lol.

baby dropped a few days ago, so i'm finally getting uncomfortable. pshaw. i'll be 38w tomorrow.

we went to do a test run of the tub yesterday, and no hose or hose adapter in the box. looks like we'll haev to go and buy$$ those tomorrow. :/

so, yeah.

Jenn, wife to John
Mama to Kayleigh (6), Ethan (4), Norah (1), & Charlotte coming 11.09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 66 Old 01-08-2008, 01:14 AM

Hope everyone who is down and out gets some decent rest tonight! Sounds like everyone is a bit cranky. I'm feeling that too, a little. About 37w3d, here and I had MW appt. today. I had her test for BV, Yeast, and of course they did the GBS test. BV and yeast were negative as far as she could tell. I didn't think I was pos., but I wanted to start treating really agressively now that I'm at the end. Measuring right on, baby is not engaged, but she thinks he/she might be posterior. She wasn't really sure. Note to self: Must NOT recline! Other than the organic mattress I need to shell out the $$$$$ for, I guess I'm pretty much ready. I could use a few more things, but hey, I have breasts that have done a whole lotta nursing, so I figure I'm all set.

Anyone else going to have 5 in the bed like us?

Good night all!

My affirmations:

My body was made perfectly to birth my babies. It will know exactly how to work with my baby to make the easiest and most effortless birth possible. I am humble and strong at the same time. I will live in each moment, knowing my baby is waiting for the PERFECT moment to enter this world.

I will have patience with my family, especially my children. I will NOT yell at them. They are innocent and precious to me. I am an adult and will act appropriately.

I will Labor and Birth during the nighttime while my children are peacefully asleep. I will not be distracted or nervous about them being there and if they are there, they will be uplifting and calming for me.

My birth canal is healthy and free from obstruction and YEAST!

I have a strong uterus. My uterus will be very effecient in helping this Baby birth. Once my placenta is born, my uterus will clamp down, and I will have minimal bleeding. I am confident and prepared!
#63 of 66 Old 01-08-2008, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anudi01 View Post

Anyone else going to have 5 in the bed like us?
probably at least some of the time! our 5 year old does sleep in his own bed, but there are times when he climbs in with us and our 2 year old sleeps with us 85% of the time. im trying to get her to sleep in her own bed a bit more, but i don't fight it with her. if she wants our bed, she gets it.. so yep. 5 in the bed and the little one said... its likely my dp who will end up sleeping somewhere else if it gets too crazy. he likes his restful sleep

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#64 of 66 Old 01-08-2008, 01:21 AM

Well, I had a dr appt today, and nothing has changed. But we won't be even talking about induction until 42+ weeks, and even if my waters break without labour starting (which is what happened with ds), the dr has no problem letting me go 48 hours without even talking about induction. Chances are that it won't happen again, though, which is good - I feel much more patient this time around, and more willing to approach 42 weeks to see if my body can do the work itself. As far as drs go, it sounds like mine's less induction-happy than others out there. What a pleasant surprise!

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#65 of 66 Old 01-08-2008, 01:54 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hey All, I'm feeling like a cranky b*tch tonight. I hope this means labour is coming soon. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Rrrrrr. Grrrrr. :

Sigh.

Thanks for listening to my vent.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#66 of 66 Old 01-08-2008, 02:59 AM

Yikes! End of the day..but I might as well...

38+2 today
Woke up this morning with stretchy-pain in my stomach muscles. I think the baby is droping and I feel the muscles moving! I had a little strain through the day that was similar, but mostly I was out and about no problem.
I realize now that if someone calls me, I had better get back to them ASAP as if they don't hear from me within the hour, they think I've had the baby!
My mother is the queen of worry...though that is to be expected. I only expect that I'll adopt that crown soon enough.

Mother of 2 boys, new little one on the way

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page