Daily Check-In for 1/7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 66 Old 01-07-2008, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, it's 5:40a and I'm still not asleep, so I thought I'd go ahead and start today's thread.

37+2 here. I have my first MW appointment in about three weeks (we were delayed due to the holidays) and I'm anxious to find out this babe's position. I feel like there is a giant, fat fish inside my belly these days and I just can't tell what's what. Space is limited!

Today's affirmations:

Quote:
I have patience.
My body knows what to do.
This baby will come when he's ready.
How's everyone else doing?

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#2 of 66 Old 01-07-2008, 09:04 AM

Still here too 38 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I didn't sleep well last night only for the first few hours then from 1 on I was up going to the bathroom or couldn't get comfy in bed :

Todays affirmations :

I am ready and prepared for this.

My body will give birth in it's own time.

My job is to simply relax and allow the birth to happen.

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
#3 of 66 Old 01-07-2008, 09:35 AM

Still around. *grml* Depending on which due date I go with, I'm either 40+6, or exactly 40w.

It's already half past 1 here, so I already got some things done. Although I guess I overdid it with hoovering the whole apartment, doing some laundry and tidying DS's room... Now my hip and leg are one giant 'Ouch!'. :

DS woke me up sometime around 2am, asking for num-num : but I refused (we usually only nurse in the morning now), and while he was fussing and complaining, I had this one big contraction that really made me go "Whoa. Hold on a second..." I had to get on all fours because it was unbearable lying down. I went to the loo after and stayed up for a while with a couple more contractions, but they fizzled out sometime around half past. Very annoying. At least that gave me a reason to pump up my birth ball...

Everything will happen in its own time. There is no pressure.

Mama with babyboy.gif (2005), babyboy.gif (2008) & babygirl.gif (2010)

#4 of 66 Old 01-07-2008, 09:41 AM

Have my first midwife appointment in a month today at 39w1d. Between the holidays, an appointment canceled from illness and our lack of a car it's just been a while. But I get to see my favorite midwife today hopefully.

Bad night of sleep. Seems I get two bad nights followed by one ok night. Maybe I'm just so tired by then... hehe

Kids go back to school today!

Yesterday I was much more contracty and crampy than I had been but it seems to have settled down some.

Hope everyone has a good day today.
#5 of 66 Old 01-07-2008, 10:39 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
37+3 here and still hanging on. I have a good while to go yet.

Not sure what we are going to do today. My son is bouncing off the walls with energy and we are out of food. A grocery store trip may be necessary with a wild boy (cringe). I may bundle him up for a hard run at the park and then brave the store.

Good day to everyone. Keep up the good work.

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#6 of 66 Old 01-07-2008, 10:42 AM

37w5d. My sister left this morning and we are finally done with the endless stream of visitors (though MIL is still here). My other sister was talking about coming for a visit during her school vacation, which just happens to be smack between my two possible due dates, and I convinced her it was a bad idea.

For some reason, I am convinced this baby will come on January 24th. Maybe because it's my mother's birthday, maybe because it's 38 weeks after the latest date I thought I could have conceived -- whyever. But it means that I am not making any serious effort to get ready, which is a slight problem, because I have two major projects to finish for work and I really need to get cracking. And because I haven't figured out how to work sleeping arrangements, and I have the feeling that if I'm going to kick DS1 out of my bed, I should do it before I bring little Mr. (or Mrs.) Competition into the house. Any ideas on that front, btw? DS1 is almost 14 mths, and he still nurses a couple of times at night. I'm sure that when my milk comes back in full force he's going to want to nurse even more. He's also a very active sleeper -- last night he went to sleep on my right side, lying next to me. When I got up 3 hours later to open the window, he was head down on my left side. : So I'm not sure if it's safe to have him in the same bed as the newborn, but I'm also not sure I want to have to get up and go to him when he needs to nurse during the night.
#7 of 66 Old 01-07-2008, 10:45 AM

I'll be 41 weeks tomorrow. Still having sporadic contractions. I'm praying I'll make some progress today. :

Mama to DS (3/7/06)om.gif, DSD  hearts.gif(11/17/02), DD (1/16/08 )energy.gif ,  DS2 (5/30/10) sleepytime.gif and Baby Quinn angel.gif (R.I.P 3/22/13)

#8 of 66 Old 01-07-2008, 10:49 AM

Morning! I'm 38+1 and actually not feeling too antsy yet. I can wait! I WOHM two days/week and have to go in today. I'm kind of just wishing I could be on maternity leave already and not feeling like expending the energy.
#9 of 66 Old 01-07-2008, 10:55 AM

I'm here! I am 40w 1d according to the midwife, I think I am not really "due" until the 8th but still plan to go over.

My dh and I had a great dinner last night! We went out alone for the first time in about 6 months and it was so nice just to be able to talk and chew your food and relax instead of inhaling your meal before the kids start bouncing out of the booth.

I can tell that I am getting close though because I am so insanely irritable. We went to Best Buy last night and I was totally annoyed by all the people coming up to ask us if we needed help. Usually its a good thing when people are friendly and want to help you, you know? But not at this stage...at this stage I am practically growling at them.

Alicia mama to 3 boys 6 and under.
#10 of 66 Old 01-07-2008, 11:02 AM

hey hey hey! we actually got *some* sleep last night. it was sporadic, on account of this horrible coughing that the kids struck up, but hey, some sleep is better than absolutely no sleep.

i'm torn about the ped's. usually, my kids fight off their colds in 24 hours. and i REALLY don't want to make the long trek into town to subject any of us to a germy doctor's office (or vice versa). still not sure about an ear infection, and that or something a lot more serious than a cold would certainly warrant a trip to the doc's for us. so i don't know what to do. keep my eye on things, i guess. but i'm in no hurry to go to the ped's, cause unless they (really) need antibiotics, i wouldn't give them anything other than tylenol, anyway.

all cramping/ctx i was having yesterday evening have ceased. i still need a few more days to get my stuff together. but i remind myself that i have boobs that are always ready for the baby, and ultimately, that's all that i really need. as much as life would be easier with the other stuff done, i know i shouldn't let it stand in the way of my feeling a sense of welcome for the baby on the baby's terms.

affirmation: my baby will do his own good thing in his own good time.

hope everyone has a good day,
peace,
hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#11 of 66 Old 01-07-2008, 11:04 AM

Alicia, I know exactly what you mean. I'm even really irritable in my dreams! Last night I dreamed that I told my FIL off (which I've wanted to do on many occasions, but I've always kept it reigned in : ) and then, same dream, I told my MIL 'GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME" : FTR, I LOVE my MIL :

I'm 38w 5d today. I don't think I'll be holding out much longer. At least, I hope not. Baby is soooo low. It is soooo uncomfy. And sleep has become a distant memory. Which I guess is a good thing in a way....get me ready for newborn nursing and all that

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#12 of 66 Old 01-07-2008, 11:06 AM

alicia- you went to BEST BUY and the people were actually helpful?!?!?! i've been to best buy stores all up and down the east coast, and i have never been in a single one where anyone at all made any effort to treat me like a paying customer. it's always just kinda seemed endemic to the chain, i guess.

congrats! wish i could shop at your BB!

and, yeah, i'm sorry about the irritability factor...

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#13 of 66 Old 01-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Banned

I threw up all night long (food issues, I think, not the flu), and also had contractions. They are currently 15 minutes apart. It feels weird to be saying this, but I really hope this ISN'T it, I'm exhausted.
#14 of 66 Old 01-07-2008, 11:17 AM

I'm here at 40+1... patiently waiting.... tick tock tick tock tick tock.....

todays mantra: easy and effortless!
#15 of 66 Old 01-07-2008, 11:33 AM

wow, starry mama, please keep us updated. i'm sorry you felt so awful all night long- i can't imagine. i'll send you some "baby-stay-put" vibes for today, and the reminder that if today is in fact the day, labor will have a finish line, and waiting for you there, a baby. it would really be awful to enter labor feeling the way you do right now, but labor would have an end. and the waiting would be over!

do whatever you can to get some rest- it sounds like oncoming labor or no labor, you could really use it!

i'll keep checking in on ya...

hcm

#16 of 66 Old 01-07-2008, 11:41 AM

38w2d here. I was crampy all day yesterday and still am this morning, but nothing seems to be going on, so I'm going to write it off as the lovely joys of pregnancy so I stop thinking about it. Have an appt tomorrow and I'm hoping she'll strip my membranes then since I was told my cervix is ripe. I'm not sure if she'll be willing to interfere before my due date. I know I should leave him be, but I am still nauseous every day and still throwing up. I've had m/s for 33 weeks now and I still need for it to be over. I just can't take it anymore.
#17 of 66 Old 01-07-2008, 11:42 AM

I feel for you Starry momma! I've heard that throwing up/ flu can put someone into labour. Not the most convenient timing when you're sick! I keep hearing about flu bugs and chicken pox going around.... the joys of giving birth in January!

I've 37 weeks today!! FULL TERM, Yay! I could hardly sleep last night, I'm thinking so much about the new baby, labour, etc. etc.
#18 of 66 Old 01-07-2008, 12:06 PM

Good morning all! I am feeling pretty good this morning. I had some contractions last night but none that were consistent at all. Today I feel a little crampy but nothing too major. I don't want to go into labor today since it is the NCAA football national championship game. DH is a huge LSU fan and we already had to sell our tickets so I'm really hoping to not make him miss watching the game too. Not that he wouldn't happily to be there for the birth of our child. For his sake, I hope these two events can be seperate so they can both be enjoyed more, KWIM!! Hope that everyone is feeling well!
Katie
#19 of 66 Old 01-07-2008, 12:18 PM

Two words:

Back. Labor.
:::::::: irked::

Ugh. I need to call the office, but they don't open until 9.
#20 of 66 Old 01-07-2008, 12:47 PM

Good morning everyone!! : It is cold here for where we live! Still rainy too. So I have 2 very active kids that have been cooped up inside all weekend and a husband who goes back to work this afternoon for his night shift all week. What a day ahead. I may take the kids up to our McDonald's and let them play in their indoor playground. It's actually quite a nice one! They need to run and scream and get this energy out before I completely lose it!! My mom gets here next week. We really thought that baby would be here by now. Now it's a wait and see game. I'm okay with baby not being here, but would have liked baby to be here already. I am 39+3 today. I was 40+5 with my first one almost 6 years ago. My second one was forced out early, so I can't go by her dates. She was 35+5. So I'm thinking that I just naturally bake our big babies longer than due dates are concerned with the medical society. It might be a good thing that Mom will be here when I go into labor.

Affirmation: I am not on a timetable. I am going through a totally natural process that will know when the time is right without my involvement or interference!

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#21 of 66 Old 01-07-2008, 01:03 PM

Hi everyone - still here at 40+4 with nothing concrete to report. I'm perfectly happy to go to 41+ weeks with this one though - not sure where I learned my patience from...I was definitely less patient with dd and ds. I have a dr appt this morning (rescheduled from last week) - they may want to do an exam, but no stripping my membranes...it's uncomfortable, and doesn't do a darn thing (in my experience).

starry mama - Ugh. I hope for your sake labour holds off until you feel a little better.

HCM - for the kids' coughing, have your tried Vicks Vaporub on their bare feet at night (put socks over top)? I scoffed, but it worked wonders for ds when he had this brutal little tickly cough that would keep him up. A spoonful of honey is also good right before bed to help soothe the throat. We've just gone through a horrific cold in our house, and the honey helped me! (since I couldn't take anything else)

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#22 of 66 Old 01-07-2008, 01:14 PM

thanks for the ideas, kidlets and me- i'll definitely see how today goes and plan something to help tonight. i have a lengthy e-mail in to DH at work about how i think we should wait before rushing to the ped's. i certainly don't want to try any meds that wouldn't be unnecessary, and i'm guessing this is just one of those icky viral things that my little powerhouses usually battle back in 24-48 hours. besides, it would be highly unusual for my two guys who have never had ear infections, to suddenly get their first ones at 2 and 4, at the same time, right? and their coughs seem to be post-nasal drippy, not deep chest heaves or anything. right now, they just have runny noses. so i'm thinking that's all it is.

(can you tell i'm reeeeeeally not eager to try and take two highly active children into a doctor's office at 38 weeks?) i like the honey and vicks idea. i know my kids would love the honey idea, too, since we don't give them sugary stuff anymore!

#23 of 66 Old 01-07-2008, 01:34 PM

I don't see anything wrong with trying all the home remedies you can try before taking them in. The dr's usually like it when you wait after 24-48 hours anyways.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#24 of 66 Old 01-07-2008, 01:42 PM

yeah, it's just that ds#1 had a low temp for a few days, and we've had this insomnia issue for weeks now. it's only in the last night started to show symptoms of an actual cold. i rarely rarely rarely ever take my kids to the doc, we've just been sleepless for almost a month now. (perhaps they're even getting a cold because they've gone without sleep for so long!) at least we all got some rest last night. maybe things will continue to turn around.

#25 of 66 Old 01-07-2008, 02:11 PM

Ow. I know I've been complaining since forever about wanting to get this baby out, but now I hope it doesn't happen today. I can't move without being in massive pain, I can't walk, nothing. I'm so looking forward to DS's bedtime so I can go and lie in the tub.

Mama with babyboy.gif (2005), babyboy.gif (2008) & babygirl.gif (2010)

#26 of 66 Old 01-07-2008, 02:28 PM

kittythecat

Yesterday I threw a babyshower for my friend (she's due two weeks after me) and I feel a complete letdown afterwards. I feel like I had a huge burst of energy last week for nesting and cleaning and organizing and getting everything in order, and now I just feel like crying. Where did my nesting urge go? I still need it! I still have a mountain of laundry to put away, and a room FULL of boxes to unpack and clean out!

On another note, my husband was actually paying attention to me last night and was thoughtfully rubbing my back which turned into a sexy "I want you to feel good" thing (you know.) And I don't know what was wrong with me but I COULD NOT "feel good." AT ALL. It just wouldn't happen...no O at all. Not even close. I felt horrible about it...is this normal for being so far along? You were all talking about DTD the other day, I can only assume most of you were left quite happy.

Mama to Ella (1/15/08) and Django (03/20/11) - remembering 2 angel.gif
#27 of 66 Old 01-07-2008, 02:39 PM

Hugs kittythecat maybe put on some relaxing music and try to rest.

*Baby can come now anytime for me I received my birthpool from UPS...this a.m. So baby if you are listening you can come anytime I am now fully prepared

#28 of 66 Old 01-07-2008, 02:58 PM

38 weeks, 1 day today. Horrible sleep again last night, for various reasons. The baby is still posterior and just won't budge. Either his/her head is already engaged, or there is a reason he/she won't turn (the cord, etc.). I keep trying, but it just isn't happening (and there is *plenty* of fluid in there). I just have to hope that they will turn during labor. I hope. Makes me nervous though.

Have any of you had posterior births before?

Going to walk today. Haven't walked in days because of the weather.
#29 of 66 Old 01-07-2008, 03:11 PM

I had a Dr's appointment today, baby's head is still not engaged (which is pretty clear as I still have a bum in my ribcage) and I am up to a whopping 1.5 cm dilated. Fortunately the practice I go to is very conservative with interventions - they don't even suggest testing until 41 weeks and as long as all looks good they don't recommend inductions until 42 weeks.

Someone should be reminding me at this point that I decided yesterday I was going to be pregnant forever so when labor/birth happened it would be a pleasant surprise. I have two things left on my to do list and then it really is nothing but a waiting game for this little one to arrive.

Looking forward to hearing how everyone else is doing today.
#30 of 66 Old 01-07-2008, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb122 View Post
38 weeks, 1 day today. Horrible sleep again last night, for various reasons. The baby is still posterior and just won't budge. Either his/her head is already engaged, or there is a reason he/she won't turn (the cord, etc.). I keep trying, but it just isn't happening (and there is *plenty* of fluid in there). I just have to hope that they will turn during labor. I hope. Makes me nervous though.

Have any of you had posterior births before?

Going to walk today. Haven't walked in days because of the weather.
Hugs mama it will be okay my sister birthed her 8lb first baby posterior perfectly fine she had lots of support and back rubs....She had her boy completely natural and was amazing. Your body will know what to do and what you can handle.

I know there are a lot of threads about turning your babe but can't find the links.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page