Daily Check-In for 1/8 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 03:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HCM - sorry about your sick kids! hope they're on the mend soon.

it sound slike a few of you are getting really close!

nothing going on here. BH ctx are picking up a bit more at night/getting somewhat stronger/falling into a pattern, which doesn't mean a whole lot, except that's what happened the week before labor with DC#2. so i'm hoping it means *something*.

baby is still posterior. i felt kicks over on the right side finally last night for awhile, then it turns back. it just wants to face forward and kick straight out or have its legs toward my left side. *sigh*. i'll talk to the OB tomorrow and maybe start looking into someone around here that can help me.

hey...today is the day i went into labor with DC#2. it is also the day one year ago i found out the baby i was carrying had died. ugh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 03:42 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb122 View Post
hey...today is the day i went into labor with DC#2. it is also the day one year ago i found out the baby i was carrying had died. ugh.
Ugh. : How old was that babe?

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#33 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 03:46 PM

thanks everyone for the well-wishes. i am in love with all of you in this community right now, and it's not just the hormones!

i think that having grandma here has done a lot to lift the kids' spirits. ds#1 still isn't really eating or drinking anything, but he's getting some of his energy back. (maybe the tylenol is helping him some, too.) we'll try lunch in a few minutes, to see if they don't feel like eating anything (though that never seems to be a problem with ds#2, no matter how he feels!).

i have a bad sinus headache, that i feel like if i thought about it long and hard enough, would turn into a migraine. so i'm trying not to think about it.

how about a silver lining-- do you guys think that the fact that my kids are so sick, and i'm surely building up antibodies to fight off whatever is plaguing them, means that the baby is getting the antibodies, too, and maybe he'll be born with supercool immunity? i'm all pumped up on probiotics and i eat really well and exercise like crazy, so maybe *some* of that will wear off on the baby, right? i'll have an uber-immune babe? i'm hoping he stays put till whatever this bug is works its way out of the house!

i'm sorry for everyone who's not feeling well today.

talk to you later,
hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#34 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 04:41 PM

Nothing to report here, I'm just sorry for those of you dealing with sick kids, I don't know how I'd deal with that right now. My DH is gone at work until midnight tonight and I really thought after my day from hell yesterday that I'd be at the hospital today. I thought baby had engaged yesterday, no heartburn and could barely walk, today back to heartburn and pelvis is tolerable, maybe I will get to washing the kitchen floor after all.

Proud mama to three bouncing unschooled boys:, Ian5/02, Connor9/04, and Andrew1/08!:::: Milk Donors!familybed2.gifwaterbirth.jpghomeschool.gifselectivevax.gifdizzy.gif

#35 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb122 View Post

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#36 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 06:37 PM

what i posted above probably seemed confusing. i went into labor with DC#2 at 38w2d (what i am today). she is fine and healthy and was born back in 2005. 1/08 last year is the day i found out i was miscarrying. that baby was only about 12-13 weeks along, but it still hurt so deeply. i passed that baby on 1/11 and was able to hold it/bury it accordingly. i thought having a baby around the time i lost the last one would be healing in some way...but it feels very emotional right now. to remember the pain from last year is a lot.
#37 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 06:43 PM

for all who are feeling for whatever reason.

Feeling a little better rested after last night's sleep. Not great, but a DEFINITE improvement from the last few.

Anyone see the ABC News Report on UC. It wasn't SOOOO horrible, but the comments on the website have been.

Have a good evening...I'll be back later with affirmations!
#38 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 07:10 PM

37+3 here. No contractions, no mucous plug, no water leaking. Still just waiting.

I wrote this in my blog yesterday after our MW visit:

Quote:
262 days down, 18 to go.

We saw our midwife today for the first time in about three weeks (there was a delay due to the holidays). The weather was really amazing today–it might even have been 60 degrees outside. Of course, this also means all the snow melted… which means the dirt road to the midwife’s home office was more of a mud road today. When we arrived, she was in full beekeeper gear and was smoking all her beehives. It was a great visit–we did all the required check-up business and sat around and chatted for over an hour. Such a wonderful environment.

My fundal height is down to 34″ now, which means my suspicions that the baby dropped were spot-on. Along with the whole uterus sitting lower, the midwife also felt up my belly and found his head nice and low in my pelvis. He’s still anterior (good baby!) and has a nice head tuck going on, which means he’s in the perfect position for birthing.

He wiggled around emphatically while the midwife and her assistant were trying to find his heartbeat for me to listen to, but I finally got to hear it. So fast and furious and steady! It remains one of my favorite sounds. I also asked if they could estimate how much he weighs right now, and they guessed around 7 1/2 pounds, which sounds great to me. I (hopefully) still have a few weeks to make him a little chubbier, which would be great… I’ve heard anecdotally that bigger babies have an easier time breastfeeding.

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#39 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 07:27 PM

What an unbelievably warm day here, I think this is the Indian Summer we never had. Anyways forgot to add to my post earlier that I can't make up my mind whether or not to let my Doc. do an internal tomorrow, I'll be 40+4. Part of me is eager to find out but on the other hand I also want him to come to terms and respect moms that say hands off and it's not necessary! I know he's going to want to be scheduling the bio physical profile and NST asap and I'll have to push the dates a bit on that. I think I really should wait for the internal until next week, I just need to convince myself and my doc to wait!!

Proud mama to three bouncing unschooled boys:, Ian5/02, Connor9/04, and Andrew1/08!:::: Milk Donors!familybed2.gifwaterbirth.jpghomeschool.gifselectivevax.gifdizzy.gif

#40 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 07:32 PM

nothing new here to report. i'm feeling really good today. i'm so comforted by the fact that she's coming soon!! no matter what, she'll be here. no take backs

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif
#41 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 09:19 PM

well, after 2 hours, we are back from the doctor's. i [heart] our ped- she's very hippie and smart and "mothering"ish, and it's a good thing, because we had to wait SO LONG in the exam room. i wouldn't have waited so long for any other doctor. thank heavens grandma was there- i don't know how i would have managed that whole time with 2 sick kiddos needing cuddling on my cramped lap.

ds#1 has been so reluctant to lay down lately due to an ear infection. ds#2 has the start of an ear infection, too. ear infections are totally new to our family. doc says they're secondary to the sinus infection that has probably been kicking around in their systems for the last few weeks, even though we've only started to see symptoms in the last few days. all the goop in their heads over the last few weeks drained into their ears, creating the ear infection that way. i guess ds#1 also has an eye infection from all of the sinusy stuff squishing around in his poor head.

so we have some meds for the kids now. i'm normally not crazy about antibiotics, and i would have gladly let the cough and runny nose thing run its course, but the ear infection sucks, and i'm eager to help my kids get relief. hopefully, a few doses of meds will let us ALL get some sleep again.

on an up note, at the pharmacy, when some random guy there with his kid asked me when i was due and i said "a week and a half," he didn't believe me, and said that i looked "absolutely fantastic." put a silly spring in my step. it's a stupid little thing, but it made me smile.

now, to try and figure out how to get dinner to cook faster...

i wonder who's giving birth this evening! not me!

hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#42 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 09:57 PM

Hi Ladies!

Just got back from the Acupuncturist who has refused to schedule another appt because he says, "Baby come soon".

Hope he is right. He also claims to know the sex of the baby and told me that I have to call and tell him even if I don't come back to see him so he can know if his "prophesy" is right. Can you tell he is a cute little Korean man who doesn't claim English as his native language?

StrawHatBrat and I are racing to labor. We share a midwife. Hopefully I can just have this baby in the next couple days so that we can stop wondering if the other is in labor. I'd have the baby right now if she would promise to help me learn how to sew lastin and use her super cool diaper pattern that everyone is raving about.

Sorry for the mamas with sick babies and even sorrier for the ones who are sick themselves. I've read that the body waits to get well before labor, so atleast you hopefully wont have to deal with both at the same time. s

I decided to go stock up on food after the acupuncture.. so we are buried in snack packs right now, the house is clean.. all I need is the baby to come out. They say that the moon phase that conception lined up with is when you will go into labor.. and that would be today for me, the new moon. We shall see. Good luck, mamas and wonderful birthing vibes to all.
#43 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 10:50 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Whoo so many of us here are ripe, ripe, ripe.

I lost some of my mucous plug today. So that means things could be imminent, or this babe could be overdue. Sigh. I am still feeling BEOTCHY and isolated. I miss my work friends and having a life. Just waiting for baby now. At home. Tappity tap... Poor dh. I can tell already this postpartum ain't gonna be pretty.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#44 of 52 Old 01-09-2008, 01:02 AM

Today was absolutely beautiful in the northeast. My husband and i took our dog for a hike at the same mountain we hiked the day we found out i was pregnant. It felt really good to hike and hard to believe it is likely our last hike as a twosome.

I finally organized our storage area enough to pull out the sewing machine and get started on the cloth wipes. They are coming out so cute and are so quick to make i should be able to finish up tomorrow morning.

On the pre-labor front, I lost more mucous plug today, but this little one is still as high as can be. Did anyone else not drop before labor with their first?
#45 of 52 Old 01-09-2008, 01:37 AM

I wonder if I could be nesting - I baked a double batch of bread today, folded 3 loads of laundry, and invited my sil over for lunch (made spaghetti). I didn't sleep well last night - I kept getting numb legs and was tossing and turning. Luckily, dh slept really well. I hope we have a good night tonight, so I can catch up on a little sleep before sleep deprivation rears its ugly head again.

I had the runs all day today, too, which sucked. I don't *feel* sick - maybe something in my system just isn't agreeing with me. My pelvis is sore and achy - a sign of something to come tonight????

Hugs to all out there with sick kids - it's hard enough to be 9 months pregnant without dealing with the extra stress/germs/whininess of kids who aren't feeling 100%.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#46 of 52 Old 01-09-2008, 03:18 AM

I think I went into overly nesting mode yesterday and today. I actually climbed up on a ladder to nail in the outdoor lights I bought at Walmart this morning. Yesterday I did a lot of laundry, and today I got some of my herbs and flowers planted. I even bought a table saw for the wood for my planter boxes. I WAS going to cut the wood today too, but decided I better not over do it.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#47 of 52 Old 01-09-2008, 03:32 AM

is everyone having a baby tonight? this thread has been pretty quiet today. even our viewing hits are way down.

i, on the other hand, have felt like quite the blabbermouth.

hope everyone is doing well...
goodnight!
hcm

#48 of 52 Old 01-09-2008, 04:40 AM

no baby for me i was playing crib and eating nachos with my sister and dp..and knitting a sweater, which now only needs to be blocked and sewn up! yay..another sweet baby thing. im just going to keep starting them till this bean finally arrives.

oh and funny story. i think we may have found our babie's name.. we were joking around like usual about it and thought Matilda Olive Suzanna Sabine sounded nice.. and it spells Moss.. how cute, huh? (i know.. not everyone's taste in names, but i like it! )

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#49 of 52 Old 01-09-2008, 06:33 AM

MamaFern - i absolutely love Matilda! Have you heard Tom Waits version of Waltzing Matilda? It is beautiful in that way that only Tom Waits can make a song beautiful.

We didn't want to know the gender of our baby, but a careless Dr gave us a preview. If our untrained eyes were wrong, and it is actually a girl, we are going to name her Ursula after my husband's maternal grandmother. It amazes me how rude people have been when I've mentioned the name - I think it is beautiful though and I love the nicknames "Ursa" and "little bear".

Hope everyone else is sleeping (if I had anything new to report I'd be starting the 1/9 thread at 3:33)
#50 of 52 Old 01-09-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a22lamia View Post
MamaFern - i absolutely love Matilda! Have you heard Tom Waits version of Waltzing Matilda? It is beautiful in that way that only Tom Waits can make a song beautiful.

We didn't want to know the gender of our baby, but a careless Dr gave us a preview. If our untrained eyes were wrong, and it is actually a girl, we are going to name her Ursula after my husband's maternal grandmother. It amazes me how rude people have been when I've mentioned the name - I think it is beautiful though and I love the nicknames "Ursa" and "little bear".

Hope everyone else is sleeping (if I had anything new to report I'd be starting the 1/9 thread at 3:33)
thanks for the possitive comments.. after i posted this i was thinking.. gosh. a lot of people are going to think its a terrible name. and then i was lying in bed and my dp said "i dont actually like matilda, i was just agreeing with you because...." and im like "well too bad. that's her name!"

i love the name ursula! i actually thought about it for this little one. what is it with people who think they should have the right to bash someone else's personal connection with their child? i mean.. thats what naming someone is.. we carry these tiny things and nurture them..but somehow that all goes by the wayside when it comes to "that horrible name" you choose for your baby. : not to mention the fact that people gave me such hard times when i named my other two and now.. no one ever says anything. they are named the right thing..thier names fit them, and so why judge something..it irks me.

and yes, ive heard the tom waits version.. he is great

Quote:

#51 of 52 Old 01-09-2008, 03:11 PM

double post..

Quote:

#52 of 52 Old 01-09-2008, 03:52 PM

I love the name Matilda too. It's also one of my daughter's favorite movies right up there with Annie.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page