Daily Check-In for 1/8 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 06:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Since I seem to be the only insomniac up at this insane hour, I thought I'd get the thread started

Not much change for me. I still have an insane amount of things to get done before the baby gets here.

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#2 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 07:25 AM

ah, I'm up with you! 39w4d now...still no sign of ANYTHING! I'm ok with that though...DH will be here Mon night, so thats a great time IMO Baby's stuff is ready, bags are packed...all I have left to do is get snacks for DH during labor
#3 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 08:45 AM

Still here too and wide awake... 38 weeks 4 days ...test run with our birth pool did not go so well and the water took forever to fill up So we are going to try again this a.m. hopefully it will work better this time...

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
#4 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 08:55 AM

I had contractions in the middle of the night that woke me up and here I am awake a 6 in the morning. These better go somewhere or I'll . I just can't take this start/stop labor anymore.
And I'm 41 weeks today.

Mama to DS (3/7/06)om.gif, DSD  hearts.gif(11/17/02), DD (1/16/08 )energy.gif ,  DS2 (5/30/10) sleepytime.gif and Baby Quinn angel.gif (R.I.P 3/22/13)

#5 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 09:12 AM

Good luck aaronsmom, I hope today is the day. :
I'm 41 weeks today too. My Dd was born at 42w 1d and I wasn't nearly as impatient and emotional about it.

Is anyone else having a hard time reading the birth threads? They just make me cry. I'm happy for the other mamas, I really am!! I just wish it was me

Sandy, proud mama and henna artist. :
#6 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 09:14 AM

I can feel some more pre-labor changes happening with my body, but still feel like I have a little while yet. My mom flies in tomorrow evening, so I'll be puttering around the house today doing the finishing touches. She's going to be dd1's companion during our birth and then stay for two months.

I need to get out and buy elastic to finish up some wool covers, but dd1 has strep throat and is still contagious until this evening - so, no errands for us. They don't really need to be done, but according to my nesting instincts, they sure do! lol

(((hugs))) Sandy! You were made to birth this little one! Hang in there! Your special day will be here soon, I promise!
#7 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 10:17 AM

39w2d
As per my midwife's request I doubled my water intake yesterday and spent the night feeling like a water balloon ready to burst. I was also up every hour at least peeing. I hope my body adjusts to this much more liquid intake quickly. Walking the girls to school this morning (usually a short 5-10 min walk which now takes a lot longer because of my slowness) I felt like Violet in the Willy Wonka movies but less purple/blue.

I still am having more cramps and contractions than I'd been having last week and a lot of general aches. Hoping he holds off till this weekend though for my favorite midwife being on call.
#8 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 10:41 AM

Still here; 39 weeks tomorrow. I was dying for this kid to come out just last week, but now that (pretty much) everything is set, I feel like I can wait a while longer. My best friend is coming for a week long visit starting next Wed. (my due date) and if there's one person I'd love to have at this birth, it's her So, I'm more than okay with holding on for another week. It suddenly doesn't seem as long as it did last week :

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#9 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 10:46 AM

my kids are very, very sick now. older ds's eye is swollen and discharging heavily. both kids are coughing like seals, and no one slept well last night (add endless leg cramps and BH to the mix, and i got very little sleep). i'm noticing that i'm getting a sinus headache this morning, and it makes me very nervous. i want to neither (a) get it myself, nor (b) bring a baby home to this mess. of course, i really just don't want my kids to be sick or to suffer. the other stuff just makes me nervous at this point.

i'm calling the doctor at 9.

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#10 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 11:05 AM
SMS

I'm 39w4d today. I had contractions all day yesterday but nothing last night and nothing today so far. I go to the MW today for a BPP (which they insist on doing since I am 36).

My doula says that a trip to the Zoo sometimes makes her clients go into labor, so on an unseasonably warm day yesterday, that's what DD and I did! We actually saw gorillas DTD so I thought that was a good sign too!

I'm still working and waiting...exhausted...not sleeping well at all.
#11 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 11:35 AM

Good morning all! I am back to feeling like I will never go into labor. Ever since my contractions a few nights ago, I haven't had anything. I am feeling crabby this morning. Does that count for something?!?
to everyone with sick kids and other actual issues!!
Katie
#12 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 12:12 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post
my kids are very, very sick now. older ds's eye is swollen and discharging heavily. both kids are coughing like seals, and no one slept well last night (add endless leg cramps and BH to the mix, and i got very little sleep). i'm noticing that i'm getting a sinus headache this morning, and it makes me very nervous. i want to neither (a) get it myself, nor (b) bring a baby home to this mess. of course, i really just don't want my kids to be sick or to suffer. the other stuff just makes me nervous at this point. i'm calling the doctor at 9.
Geez HCM, sorry to hear the kiddos are so sick. I hope you don't get sick. Let us know what happens with the doctor.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#13 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emese'sMom View Post
Geez HCM, sorry to hear the kiddos are so sick. I hope you don't get sick. Let us know what happens with the doctor.
thanks. unfortunately, we have to wait till 345 this afternoon to get in to see the ped. bummer. i have succumbed as television as a comforting device (we don't let the kids watch it), and it seems to be helping ds#1 cope- he has a superhuman tolerance for pain and discomfort, so to see him truly responding to being sick is heartbreaking. ds#2, though also sick, is bouncing off the walls (thank you, television).

on an up note, my MIL came down (an hour drive from her home). between her being here sporadically over the next few days and the weekend coming, and her eventual move in with us to help with childcare for when i'm in labor, i think that my days of trying to manage the kids alone are over. someone will be here with me for at least part of every day between now and when the baby is here... so that's a good thing, i guess. particularly on a day like today.

don't know how much i'll be around today, but i'll certainly check back in with everyone later. i'm sending good labor vibes and baby-stay-put vibes to everyone, depending on their feelings today!

catcha later,
hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#14 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 12:42 PM

HCM, sorry to hear about your boys - I hope your dr can help you get them mending soon. And I hope you don't get sick!

I had a really hard time getting comfortable in bed last night - I was constantly tossing and turning...poor dh. But once again, no changes here. Dd, ds and I are heading to our local museum this morning with friends - they have a "admission by donation" week every year (usually, adult admission is something ridiculous, like $15, so we only go during this week). This will help keep my mind occupied.

OK, off to have a shower before the kids get up.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#15 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 12:46 PM

checking in - I have a MW appt. today and a chiro appt. this morning, so hopefully we'll get something going with this oddly positioned baby today.

A friend told me she has an inversion table I could use if I wanted, and that sounded great...trying the inversions on spinningbabies pretty much made me injure myself, so help would be great.

we'll see what happens today!

Mama to Ella (1/15/08) and Django (03/20/11) - remembering 2 angel.gif
#16 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 12:46 PM

HCM- hope your kids get better ASAP and YAY for some help!!!

momonthebeach- crabbiness counts! I was totally unbearable right before I went into labor with #2. I would take it as a good sign.

lilylove- s Hope labor happens soon for you.

aaronsmom- keep us updated on those contractions!

I'm here. Lots of contractions this morning and feeling a little different but so far nothing is really happening yet. Its probably just wishful thinking with my prodromal labor. I have a midwife appointment today. I'm exhausted. My kids don't sleep through the night and I am up 3-4 times at least to pee...I went to bed at 9:30 last night but was up every hour or so until 5:30 this morning so I don't feel rested. Anyone else have a 4 year old who doesn't sleep through? The 2 year old doesn't either but he sleeps better....he is closer to sleeping through than the 4 year old for sure.

Alicia mama to 3 boys 6 and under.
#17 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilylove View Post
Good luck aaronsmom, I hope today is the day. :
I'm 41 weeks today too. My Dd was born at 42w 1d and I wasn't nearly as impatient and emotional about it.
Is anyone else having a hard time reading the birth threads? They just make me cry. I'm happy for the other mamas, I really am!! I just wish it was me
Thanks lilylove. And I feel ya. I'm so jealous of all the mamas that have had their babies already. :

Mama to DS (3/7/06)om.gif, DSD  hearts.gif(11/17/02), DD (1/16/08 )energy.gif ,  DS2 (5/30/10) sleepytime.gif and Baby Quinn angel.gif (R.I.P 3/22/13)

#18 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 12:56 PM

37 weeks and 5 days here (whos counting?) Started sleeping on the couch again two nights ago because I have to sleep on my left side to position the baby correctly and it seems that is the only way I can do so since I'm a right side sleeper. Contractions off & on still daily and my nesting has picked up again and I want my house clean by the weekend then he can come
#19 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 01:17 PM

still here too. 37wks 5 days. My mom gets here on Thursday to manage thing 1 and thing 2 so anytime after that is okay by me. My back is still hurting, so I'm using ice and heat today and definately taking it easy. I hate having this house of sick people...but I don't think we're as bad off as some of y'all. I hope we all have well households for our birth-days.

Today DH has a long work day leaving me with my mildly crabby snot nosed kids all day. Tomorrow we have to take my car in b/c it's leaking something...guess it's alright that we never re-arranged carseats, added booster seat for thing 1 or put in the baby seat. We can do that when we get my car back. I think they are giving us a loaner just in case.

The only thing left on my to do list is to figure out a diaper pail solution...buy a couple liners for a kitchen sized trashcan for the laundry room is my guess and maybe one of those room deodorizers to plug in too.
(I know we're on kid 3, but I worked full-time with the first two, so we used disposables.)

yawn I want to go back to bed now.

Chris
#20 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 01:41 PM

Yesterday I had more contractions during the day. Previously they'd been mostly in the evening/at night. I woke up uncomfortable/crampy a few times overnight, but no mucous/show or anything. This morning they still feel more uncomfortable, but I don't think it's anything yet. I'm going to seduce DH when he gets back from walking the dog See if that does anything. (I would have gone....but BRRRRRRR too cold) In the meantime I'm sipping my RRL tea.

Andrea...wife, SAHM to 3.5 yo DS and 1 yo DD.

#21 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronsmom View Post
I had contractions in the middle of the night that woke me up and here I am awake a 6 in the morning. These better go somewhere or I'll . I just can't take this start/stop labor anymore.
And I'm 41 weeks today.
I hope today is your day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavaleh View Post
39w2d
Walking the girls to school this morning (usually a short 5-10 min walk which now takes a lot longer because of my slowness) I felt like Violet in the Willy Wonka movies but less purple/blue.
That is a perfect analogy for they way I feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post
my kids are very, very sick now. older ds's eye is swollen and discharging heavily. both kids are coughing like seals, and no one slept well last night (add endless leg cramps and BH to the mix, and i got very little sleep). i'm noticing that i'm getting a sinus headache this morning, and it makes me very nervous. i want to neither (a) get it myself, nor (b) bring a baby home to this mess. of course, i really just don't want my kids to be sick or to suffer. the other stuff just makes me nervous at this point.

i'm calling the doctor at 9.
So sorry that the kids are so sick. I hope the Dr. can at least help them get some relief (and you too of course)

Well dd2 decided that sleeping was not something she wanted to do last night. She woke up at about 4am and really didn't go back to sleep. So, I am very tired today. Having said that I really want to try and clean out my filing cabinent today so that the bills are organized for tax time. Nesting??? Not too sure. I seem to have a fair number of contractions in the evening, but not much during the day. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
#22 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 01:55 PM

So sorry to hear about all the sick kiddos! What where we thinking being 9 months pregnant this time of year!

My son is actually (finally) better. He's still sleeping a bit more than usual (not that I'm complaining) and only eating pizza (and I'm pregnant/lazy enough to let him) but his spirits are way up!

39w1d today. I'm out of RRL! I really thought I had ordered enough to have some leftover for menstrual cramps later! Guess my pregnancy brain affected my math ability. So, no big infusion for me when labor starts. Hopefully what I did drink will help in some fashion. This is definitely one of those times when I wish I didn't live in the middle of nowhere.

I really, really thought I was in labor yesterday. For hours I had regular contractions, mostly in my back but that's how my last labor began. I finally succombed to the call of half a glass of wine and a bath and everything STOPPED! At least I got a decent night's sleep, but I was super excited to meet my baby girl!

Soon enough....
#23 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 02:00 PM

HCM - - I'm sorry your kiddos are so sick! It's so hard to see the suffering, and that can't be good for you emotionally right now. I hope the ped can offer you some compassion and fast help for your kids.

I'm at 40+5, still nutthin'! (My midwives count me at 41 today, but I'm going by conception date.) I scheduled an appt with a cranial sacral therapist (who is also a midwife, just not my midwife) to come over tomorrow to see if she can get this baby turned anterior. She said that often posterior babies can delay the onset of labor.
#24 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 02:02 PM

38+3 today!

DH still has to assemble the birth pool so it's all ready to go...but today I am to stay home and get some major cleaning done before It's too late! The bathrooms and kitchen floor are in DIRE need of hygene! I did a ton of laundry...and just finished folding and seperating all my diaper laundry. SO CUTE! I feel good...more pulling stretchy feelings in the lower ab area...baby moving down I think. Trying not to think too much.

Mother of 2 boys, new little one on the way
#25 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJamie View Post
Guess my pregnancy brain affected my math ability.
Pregnancy brain is getting me almost EVERY DAY. Today I thought I had a chiro appt. this morning but they're not even opened on tuesday mornings. WTH?! I did the same thing last week with 3 different appts...I need a personal assistant telling me when to do things.

Mama to Ella (1/15/08) and Django (03/20/11) - remembering 2 angel.gif
#26 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 02:07 PM

I've had more contractions since last night... but they don't hurt AT all. And are so random, but increasing so that's good!! Practice!

I don't expect to go for at least a few more days at the earliest, because I've never had a baby more than 3 days early.
#27 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 02:13 PM

hmm 37w5d must be the trend today. Same here.

My two words from yesterday -Back labor- turned out to be just -latent labor- which means it will last FOREVER! Waaaa

i just need to start believing she'll come when she's ready. Ugh. Dang her!! LOL!!

*I* want to be in control of that ROFL!
#28 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 02:15 PM

I'm still here too. No contractions anymore. No more backache, or cramps. Nothing anymore. However, I can feel myself getting that nesting instinct in order. I had DH rearrange the living room yesterday before he went to work since he didn't get it done the day before. Somehow I was thinking that it HAD to get done. I am also catching up on laundry has it's importance right now. I am definitly nesting, yet, again! I think this is my 3rd time this month. I'll go for a couple of days and then I get real tired and sleepy for a couple of days.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#29 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 02:17 PM

aaronsmom: i hope that contractions bring you your baby soon!!

hardcoremama: im so sorry about your sick kiddos.. its not a great time.. sending lots of healing vibes your way. i hope they get well soon and that you avoid it!

strawhat: im having tons of "those" contractions.. i figure its a good thing, but its a bit irritating when it never seems to go anywhere else!

doultaMT: i hope those contractions go somewhere! im drinking my rrl tea now too!

pilgrim: my very posterior boy turned in early labor, so it can and does happen. have you tried using homeopathics at all. pulsatilla is said to help.

happymama: & :

another day. 39+4..i think jan 8th 08 would be a brilliant birthday don't you think? im trying to dtd as much as possible per my midwifes request.. meaning once so far today, but hey, its only 9am here! im drinking my tea and planning to knit..knit..knit today and maybe wash out the pool since its been sitting waiting for it for a week now.
what else... i took my last dose of antibiotics for my tooth problem yesterday so im on the road to re-building my good flora.. has anyone taken bio-k? thats what my midwife suggested. im just eating good yogurt and taking probiotics right now.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#30 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmommie View Post
I am also catching up on laundry has it's importance right now. I am definitly nesting, yet, again! I think this is my 3rd time this month. I'll go for a couple of days and then I get real tired and sleepy for a couple of days.
this is ezactly how im feeling nesty wise.. it comes in spurts and i keep thinking.. "okay. this is IT" but so far nothing. its a laundry day for me too.. though i feel like going thrift store shopping instead

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page