Stop calling me!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-09-2008, 12:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm tired of getting calls every 5 minutes (literally in some cases) from people asking if the baby is here yet! Leave me alone! Don't call me...but don't worry, I won't call you either! Gah!

Mama to DS (3/7/06)om.gif, DSD  hearts.gif(11/17/02), DD (1/16/08 )energy.gif ,  DS2 (5/30/10) sleepytime.gif and Baby Quinn angel.gif (R.I.P 3/22/13)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2008, 01:38 AM

Yeah, I hear you - my mom left a message on my machine this morning..."oh, you aren't home...maybe you're at the hospital...I hope we get a phone call..."

Mom, you're the FIRST person I'm going to call when this baby comes out. Really. So relax.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

Old 01-09-2008, 01:54 AM

I feel the pain!!! I have one friend in particular who calls LITERALLY every day and/or sends a text asking if I've had the baby. WE WILL TELL YOU!!!!! My MIL is gone til tomorrow....after that, I think I am turning off my phone!!!
Old 01-09-2008, 02:32 AM - Thread Starter

I took a nap today with DS and I had like 15 missed calls...all from my mom! I called her back and she was freaking out thinking something had happened to me while DH was at work! Can't I sleep without people being up my butt all the time? Geez.

Mama to DS (3/7/06)om.gif, DSD  hearts.gif(11/17/02), DD (1/16/08 )energy.gif ,  DS2 (5/30/10) sleepytime.gif and Baby Quinn angel.gif (R.I.P 3/22/13)

Old 01-09-2008, 02:38 AM

I got 2 emails in the last 15 minutes.....I hear ya'll....

Andrea...wife, SAHM to 3.5 yo DS and 1 yo DD.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:14 AM

My MIL calls me once a day for an update. Like I'm not going to tell her when I am going into labor and then again after the baby is born?!

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

Old 01-09-2008, 10:21 AM

I'm not quite at the point you're all at (I'm 38.5 weeks), but I feel for ya!
Old 01-09-2008, 11:40 AM

I had a big problem with this last time with one friend in particular. She called almost every day wondering if I had "popped". It drove me nuts. I called her last week and didn't hear back from her for several days. She finally called (to get a recipe from me!!) and asked how I was feeling and said you're due in a few weeks aren't you? Now I'm aggrevated that she didn't even know that I am due tomorrow and hasn't been calling to check on me at all. I'm not sure that you can win with this one!!
My mom answers the phone with this expectant "hellllooo?!?" every time I call. I have to start with, I'm not in labor...
Katie
Old 01-09-2008, 11:46 AM

Not in your DDC but OMG. This drove me crazy with DD1, and I only went 2 days past my due date!
Old 01-09-2008, 12:04 PM

DD was born "early", so I didn't deal with this hardly at all. This time, though, I have one SIL emailing to ask if I'm "still preggers?" and another one calling from work just to "check" on me.

The first SIL is married to my brother, who was the first person I called when I went into labor with DD. So she can relax. He'll be the first person I call again.

The second SIL is my husband's sister, who is COMING to the birth. OBVIOUSLY she's getting a call when I go into labor. So she can relax, too.

And the only reason my mom's not all up my keester is because she sees me every day; she watches DD while I work

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
Old 01-09-2008, 12:35 PM

With ds I was 9 days overdue and had made the mistake of giving in and telling people my actual due date. This time I'm due the 29th and have told everyone when they ask...the first week of February...or hopefully by Valentine's Day. Of course no one can deal with not getting an exact date. I thinks I've handed out a few dates too...7th or 9th. People aren't very considerate that we're anxiously awaiting the baby too! Although, I'm sure as with most things they are well meaning...
Old 01-09-2008, 12:37 PM

I feel your pain. I'm 2 weeks overdue and people are driving me nuts....
Old 01-09-2008, 12:52 PM

When it gets like that, I stop answering the phone. I change my answering machine daily to say that "today is ___ and if you are calling to see if the baby is here, he is not. If you are calling for any other reason, please leave a message." Then I only call back those I want to call back. Sounds rude, but I can't deal with all the stupid phone calls. Of course, if you forget to update your machine everyone thinks you had the baby, so you have to remember to do it every day.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:31 PM

This is a problem for us too. And dh gets asked every morning at work if the baby has come. He finally said very loud to the whole office, "If the baby had come, I wouldn't be HERE." I didn't give out my actual due date either. I said the first week of Jan. Of course here we are in the second week and no baby.

Mama to Abby (Sept 2004), Vera (Jan 2008), and Penny (Apr 2011)

Old 01-09-2008, 01:40 PM

Not in your DDC, but I really got irked at this too. I went to 41.4, and was in prodromal labor for the last 4 days of it. I finally changed the answering machine message to one that said the baby was not here yet . . .
But when the baby did actually come, I didn't have time to change it to a normal message again or to answer the phone so people who knew the baby was here were still getting the "No, the baby has not yet made an appearance earthside " message .
I got several sarcastic comments on my machine.
Melinda
Old 01-09-2008, 07:53 PM

I totally feel your pain! I also feel like I can't call ANYONE. Everytime I do I get a jingly little HELLOOO??? And then I just fel silly like "Hi I'm just calling to chat." The worst i when I call someone and God forbid they miss the call! I feel like I have to keep the phone next to me at all times so I don't miss the call back.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:39 PM

My in-laws had the nerve to call yesterday on my due date. I love caller ID---there's no way I was picking up that call!!

My DH has it worse, though---last night we were sitting here quietly, and he was getting text message after text message asking if the baby was here yet----from people at WORK! They're all just really excited for him! Too bad we have to pay for each TM he receives, because we don't really use that feature enough to subscribe.

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
Old 01-09-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonthebeach View Post
My mom answers the phone with this expectant "hellllooo?!?" every time I call. I have to start with, I'm not in labor...
Katie
I have to do this every time I make a phone call, too.. and I'm not even to my due date yet!
Especially when I call DH on his cell phone when he's at work I know he probably gets all excited thinking that he'll be able to leave and come home but then I say "I'm not in labor.."

~e, wife to my sweet T , mama to my turtleman (12) , sunshine (9 ), and monkey (6)
Old 01-09-2008, 11:34 PM

I hear ya. I have to call DH's work number just so I don't call his cell. He knows that if I call the cell phone that I'm in labor and he needs to come home. (He works nights.) So if I need something I have to call the work number so he doesn't start getting jittery when his cell phone goes off and it's me!!!

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

Old 01-19-2008, 06:41 PM

Bumping this thread up! I'm 39+6 and we're getting some of those feeling-us-out types of emails and calls. Sometimes even about random unrelated-to-baby things, just to see if we answer the phone or reply to the email! Sneaky! Hope you're all coping OK with the harrassment...
Old 01-19-2008, 07:26 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I kind of like all the phone calls. I get a call once a day from my mom and a friend or two will call during the day to check in. I am feeling the love.

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

User Tag List