Daily Check-In for 1/10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 02:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So exciting that all these mamas are having their babies!

Dh and I tried to move things along tonight. He was so tired though and just wanted to sleep--I said let's not. But he kept insisting that no, we should do this. So I was seductively (uhhh or not ) kissing his ear -- this normally drives him crazy -- and he said, "I'm sorry honey pie, I just got a big wave of tiredness." The mast was down. Dang it gals, I feel about as sexy as a limp dishrag! So I just got down to business and made it happen but I can't wait until dh has some sort of desire back for me after this baby is born. I feel soooooooooo unattractive to him for these past few months. H*ll, since dd#1 was born. : Oh Well!

I started the thread for the 10th. Yay me. Looking forward to hearing about your days.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#2 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 03:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well i'm not sure! But I was sleeping and next thing I know i feel some wetness. But im not sure if it is my water breaking or urine. Somehow I jumped out of the bed so fast (i don't even know how that happened). I then went on to use the bathroom. But what should i do? I see my midwife today, after work. Should i wait until i see her or should I just call her?

oh I am 37 wks and 4 days......and patiently waiting for baby to come. Although I at least hope that she waits to come after my baby shower, which is next Sunday on the 20th..
#3 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 03:55 AM

Emese'sMom at least the deed got done And soon, the baby will be out and there won't be a third person killing the mood all the time. A bit of advice, after my youngest was born I was feeling flabby and gross and so I started bellydancing again. Dh came in and took one look at me dancing and suddenly he was back "in the mood" So, you might want to think about doing something like that if you haven't already. I know how it can feel when you don't feel like you are attractive to your partner.

carmelnap I'd call her just to let her know, sometimes things move rapidly after water breaking and this way you'll be on her radar. And she'll probably be able to help you figure out if it was your water or urine

I can tell I'm in for another long night so instead of lounging around and playing on the internet while I wait to get sleepy, I'm actually going to get some cleaning done. I joined the January Decluttering thread in the MHM forum so I'm going to work on getting some stuff boxed up to get it out of here. I think the baby dropped a little last night which is great Just a week and a half before my edd so I'm trying to concentrate on how quickly the time will pass. Two weeks from today I could have a newborn!

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#4 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 04:12 AM

that I have NO desire to even "take care of things" myself. I'd love to move things along...DH is gone, so it's up to me. I think that there MUST be something wrong with me...just the thought of putting in that much effort actually exhausts me. *sigh*

Now that it's after midnight, I am due "tomorrow"...I see my dr today, and he's going to tell me nothing new lol I wish I were more patient!! I want to meet my son already!!!!
#5 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 04:15 AM

carmelnap, I'd give your MW a call. It can't hurt, and like a PP said... she might be able to give you some insight and you'll at least be on her radar.

Earliest check-in thread ever! Hehe. I'll be back soon with an update.

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#6 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 05:21 AM

Fishie Kisses I don't think anything is wrong with you. Getting around the belly can be hard work these days

I am BORED. I'm in the process of cleaning but that is boring in itself. It is 2:20 a.m. and I'm wide awake. At first the time alone was nice but now I'm just BORED!!!!

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#7 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 05:26 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I woke up about an hour ago (2am!) and just knew this was the place to be tonight. Glad to be in good insomniac company.

carmelnap -- yep, give your midwife a call and get some rest. A warm shower might feel good too. You may well be on your way to holding your new babe.

Emese'sMom -- sounds pretty normal. I know my desire for dh has plummetted the past 2 weeks. I still love to be warm and naked with him, but the actual act? Meh, take it or leave it.

And me? Doing fine, though I am really starting to feel the weight of this pregnancy. My pelvis is spreading, my hips ache more, and I have a pronounced duck waddle. I am getting to the 'I want to be done' stage. Only a few more weeks (or days!).

I have a midwife appintment at 10 am this morning. I will make the effort to get there, wait, waddle around, pee in the cup, and they will tell me nothing new. Just love these appointments!

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#8 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 05:37 AM

I think this is the place to be I am going to call my midwife! First thing this morning at my official wake up time. I've realized that I probably have been getting BH ctx for a while now and just didn't realize it. And I definitely want to be done already!

As for the whole sex with my partner, for the last month or so I could take it or leave it, but he has been hot for me.... which makes me feel good that he still finds me attractive even at this stage.
#9 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 05:48 AM

9:30am here now. DS was an absolute pest again last night, he was up from roughly 2am to 5:30am. *yawn* Very annoying.
But on the up-side: I lost my plug - yay! I've also been feeling contract-y all morning, so maaaaaaaaaaaybehaps I'll actually have this baby sometime this century...
Can you tell I'm a little sick of being 10 days overdue? No kidding...

carmelnap - This may sound weird, but do you still have the panties you wore or did you wash them? If you still have them, you could sniff them, urine has a very unique smell. Amniotic fluid smells sweet, it's pretty self-explanatory, really.
But I agree, calling your mw can't hurt.

Mama with babyboy.gif (2005), babyboy.gif (2008) & babygirl.gif (2010)

#10 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyTheCat View Post
9:30am here now. DS was an absolute pest again last night, he was up from roughly 2am to 5:30am. *yawn* Very annoying.
But on the up-side: I lost my plug - yay! I've also been feeling contract-y all morning, so maaaaaaaaaaaybehaps I'll actually have this baby sometime this century...
Can you tell I'm a little sick of being 10 days overdue? No kidding...

carmelnap - This may sound weird, but do you still have the panties you wore or did you wash them? If you still have them, you could sniff them, urine has a very unique smell. Amniotic fluid smells sweet, it's pretty self-explanatory, really.
But I agree, calling your mw can't hurt.
I thought about that kitty, but unfortunately my sister had made me laugh so hard last night that i leaked in them so it smelled like urine and then i tried smelling the bed but i really can't tell. I have this feeling it was my "water" breaking because right after that i went and peed on the toilet.

so i am just going to call.
#11 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 09:43 AM

38 weeks and 6 days. 9 days left till my edd. Hugs to all the mamas due or who are overdue and good labor vibes are being sent your way. I am good tired but feeling okay today!

Emese'sMom I know just how you feel ...I feel as big as a house and when me and dh DtD the other night it felt so unattractive and huge and all I kept thinking was I can't wait for this baby to be born so I can get back to me old self again!! HUgs to you things will get better for us

carmelnap i would let someone know just in case....Especially only being 37 weeks!

Fishie Kisses
Hugs mama baby will be here soon. I feel the same way a big lack of motivation. Maybe you can take a nice long walk today

muttix2
Go get some sleep mama!! Just think soon there will be no such thing as bored

Ruthiegirl Good luck with your appointment!!

KittyTheCat Sending LABOR vibes your way today

Happy Birthing to us all ladies!!! It will be soon

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
#12 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 09:51 AM

MW appt today- home visit so that should be fun

I am so tired!!! But excited that it's almost time.

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif
#13 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 10:03 AM

Good morning all! I can't believe all the excitement over the last couple of days!! None over here. Today is my due date. My son likes to check on a due date calculator to see how many days are until my due date and was excited to see 0 days left today. Unfortunately, no baby!! We have been talking a lot about the fact that the baby probably wouldn't come exactly on my due date but he is still convinced the baby is coming tonight. Hopefully he's right!! I had a midwife appt yesterday and everything looks really good. The baby is in a great position, my blood pressure is 115/68 (actually a little lower than it has been) and my urine and weight look good. We set an appt for next week and she said if I haven't had my baby by then we would talk about some herbs, etc. I'm in FL so in order for her to attend, this baby needs to be out by 42 weeks. I'm really hoping to not have to worry about that!!! I hope that everyone is doing well today!
Katie
#14 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 10:32 AM

Yargh! I'm still pregnant. I just have this feeling that something will be happening within the next few days, though. Mother's intuition, I suppose. I'm so anxious to meet my little girl! I can't wait!

Mama to DS (3/7/06)om.gif, DSD  hearts.gif(11/17/02), DD (1/16/08 )energy.gif ,  DS2 (5/30/10) sleepytime.gif and Baby Quinn angel.gif (R.I.P 3/22/13)

#15 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 11:59 AM

carmelnap it sounds like your little one will be joining you at your baby shower. My first one did I actually liked it alot because it was a meet & greet too.

Still having pelvic pain but not as intense as yesterday. My MW thinks that he just shifted into position. I've been having cramping and some mild contractions today.
#16 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 12:09 PM

38 weeks today.

I can no longer GET out of bed nicely. I have been drinking WAY too much water, and getting up WAY too much. I want to replace all those 'getting ups' with night time FEEDS!!! Dang it!

Owell. She'll come when she comes. (@#$*&#$*@#)&$@#$*&@#$%*#$^#@$%)

Err
:

err
#17 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 12:11 PM

stopping by to say hi. i should stay off the computer today and get as much done as i can. i'm really punchy and super crabby. but i feel strangely not pregnant this morning. i woke up and had to reach down to my belly to make sure it was still there. i didn't have a single leg cramp all night, and didn't wake to go potty, either. aside from this huge rock on my front, i wouldn't guess i'm pregnant today. although i feel like i could bite anyone's head off right now.

i don't like feeling grumpy. maybe i should just focus on how good i feel physically.

well, good luck to you, carmelnap! i'm sure i'll be here today, even though i shouldn't.

hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#18 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 12:13 PM

Checking in from prodromal labor land! Contractions since Tuesday morning, some are 15 min apart, others 6, then back to 9 then 15 then 4 then 6. You get the idea. I am so tired of timing contractions! Lost my plug, never had that happen before. Membranes stripped Tuesday afternoon. Chiro yesterday. Acupuncture today. I am honestly very patient and willing to wait for this little man to check out of the penthouse suite of my Ritz Carlton womb. The only reason for the strip and acupuncture is because the contractions, over 48 hours, are tiring me out and if we can jump start things then that might be nice. If I was not having contractions as frequent I would not even bother. But anyway. Thats where we are.

Alicia mama to 3 boys 6 and under.
#19 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 12:33 PM

Just saying hello to all you lovely ladies!!! I have no baby news. My dp is being a butt. He lives 7 hours away and I have had dreams and some desire not to have him at the birth and they come and go based on how we are getting along. He really wants to be here and I know his heart is in the right place but he is really raking on my nerves. He is an aspergers fella and he misses alot of social cues that are blatently obvious to me. He calls on the webcam and tells me about his interactions with other people in Salina and for one I am jealous that he has all this time and oppertunity to get his social interaction needs met but it just irks me to have to spell it all out for him when the interaction is hurtful to begin with. With him its all about him. Its part of the whole autism aspergers thing and I know that and accept it but its hard when I want the attention and other people are getting it since they are there and Im here.

Its complicated and silly really but I have to deal with these feelings and then take care of our 3 boys and worry about birthing our baby here on my own. Im glad Im having a home birth in my sacred space where I make all the rules!! I just wish he would acknowledge how strong and brave I am for doing all this on my own.

Ok rant over!!! I am ready for baby but I have been measuring small so I just dont think its time yet. Grow baby grow!
Angela
#20 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 12:36 PM

41 weeks today, and I'm getting tired of this. But life goes on, and I've gotta get dd to preschool today, as much as I don't feel like leaving the house. I was a hormonal mess yesterday - we gave away 2 of our goldfish (too big for our tank), and my 3.5 yo dd sobbed and sobbed - I had prepared her and warned her, but she was just heartbroken, and pretty soon, I was sobbing, too. Thank goodness I had a half-decent sleep last night - my pelvis is soooooo sore, so bad sleep probably would have sent me over the edge. Dh initiated dtd last night - I think he knew I needed a little TLC.

I know I'm in good company, though - and not the most overdue mama here, so I'll quit my qvetching.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#21 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow sounds like so many of us are getting really close!!! How exciting!!!

ETA - Angela B - You ARE strong for doing it by yourself, taking care of three kids and birthing on your own. It must be difficult having a partner who just doesn't get your emotional needs (even though you understand why etc).

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#22 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 01:01 PM

I slept much better last night then I have been. I did however wake up a few times early this morning feeling crampy. Not contractions just crampy. I have had a few rounds of (sorry if its TMI) loose stool. Not sure if these are a sign of early labor...or if I just ate something that isn't agreeing w/ me. I don't have much of an appetite and still a bit of naseua.

Guess we will see if this too passes or something else begins. I had just decided that I would be going for another week or longer. Now this is confusing me.
#23 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 01:11 PM

My contractions started last night. My due date is tomorrow. They weren't strong or regular so I slept through them. Today I am going to try and stay busy so I don't dwell on them. Taking the 2 kiddos to the park to run around this energy they seem to be born with! I'm really hoping that baby will come before Monday. My mom flies in on Monday and I am having baby at home and she doesn't know it. So I am really hoping that we can have baby before she gets here. Otherwise, Mom will be helping out!

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#24 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Good Morning!

I slept well for a change last night, but woke up with a sore throat and stuffed up head . I am pushing vit C like crazy and hope to not get what my kids have had for the past 2 1.5 weeks.

We have had a good deal of snow the last few mornings, so school has been delayed 2 hours everyday. I really like my relaxed mornings after the bus comes, and need them right now to be able to handle the rest of the day, and I am NOT getting them. Plus if school is delayed there is no preschool so dd#2 has not gone back to school since before Christmas, and she really misses it. I love winter and snow, but I need some non Kid time.

Emese'sMom - sorry you are feeling unattractive I bet you and your belly are gorgeous!

carmelnap - Good Luck, hope this is it for you! My dh is another one who LOVES my preg body and would DTD at any moment, but I am just to tired to do it most days

Fishie Kisses - My dh is here and that is how I feel about DTD

HardCoreMom - I have had that feeling a couple of times aver the last few weeks - Kinda weird. How are your kids feeling?

happymomma - prodromal sucks, I had tons with #1

AngelaB - Sorry your dh is being a butt, that must be extra hard. I can't imagine parenting my 3 and birthing on my own, you are one super strong woman!

my kidlets and me - good luck, I bet you will go soon.

I am hoping to actually get out of the house and go to story time today, depending on how the roads are by 10. If they are still icy I will just stay home, but I have not left the house since Sat and need to, plus some adult interaction would be nice!

belly.gifSAHM, carseat geek, cattle raising woman to 5 girls (15, 10, 8, 6, 2) wild.gifand a stork-suprise.gif due in July!
#25 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 02:04 PM

i'm still here ... 12 days until my DD. sitting here waiting for the carpet steamer guy to come, lol.

i thought baby dropped over the weekend since i've become pretty uncomfrtable in the hip/pelivis area ... but alas, my 38w appt. proved me wrong.

also found out my iron is crazy low - 6.4! :/ so i'm doing all i can to get it back up to a safer level for the birth. i always go low, but not usually THIS low.

saturday we meet with the photographer who is going to do the birth, and sunday DH has duty, so anytime after monday is actually okay with me. i'm starting to feel "ready."

Jenn, wife to John
Mama to Kayleigh (6), Ethan (4), Norah (1), & Charlotte coming 11.09
#26 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 02:39 PM

still here. nothing has changed. spent hours on the birth ball last night, leaning over a pile of pillows on the bed trying to encourage the baby to turn more anterior. hopeing that once the baby is in a better position, it will drop. at appt. yesterday, OB confirmed the baby is def. not engaged (i was sure it was still floating high). still a "loose 1" and 50% effaced, like that means anything .

plan to go on a nice walk today with my kids.
#27 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 02:40 PM

Checking in - we're here and pretty happy.

I think this baby is going to be kinda big - both DH and I are large people, and this baby is EVERYWHERE. It's either a constant stretcher or a very large baby. I'd be bowled over if it were born at less than 8 1/2...we're probably looking at larger though.

Today I'm putting meals in the freezer (some italian dishes), and cleaning out the baby's room so I can set up the furniture it's not even going to use...and packing the baby/mommy bags for the birth center.

Yay for getting stuff done!

Mama to Ella (1/15/08) and Django (03/20/11) - remembering 2 angel.gif
#28 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post
i'm really punchy and super crabby.
punchy. yes. that is me. that is what i'm going to tell dh. that sounds a lot nicer than bitchy.

Jenn, wife to John
Mama to Kayleigh (6), Ethan (4), Norah (1), & Charlotte coming 11.09
#29 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 03:02 PM

tomorrow is my due date.. all of my BH have stopped. i was feeling very sleepy yesterday afternoon and slept for about 3 hours..not my usual, so i thought maybe something was going on but i feel "fine" today. just another day! hope everyone is well, or as well as can be. i can't wait to see how goes next!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#30 of 59 Old 01-10-2008, 03:03 PM

Morning/afternoon (depending on where you are) everyone! I actually got some sleep last night! YIPEE! Sure, I got up no less than 5 times to pee, but I actually was able to get back to sleep after that. Sweet bliss. Dd (4yo) was sweet enough to let me sleep until 9am this morning, and then snuck into my room and whisper "good morning Mommy" and gave me a hug and a kiss to wake me up. What a great way to start the day!

It's snowing like crazy this morning. Dd wants to go out and build a snowman so badly, but I keep trying to explain to her that Mommy doesn't have any snowpants that will do up. Maybe I can convince her to build it on her own. Poor kid.

I'm on day two of not wishing the pregnancy away. I'm trying to stay very positive about enjoying these last few days of my last pregnancy and savouring these last few days of just me and dd time. It's really helped, but now I'm starting to feel like I don't want the pregnancy to end! The endless night feedings, chapped nipples, piles of laundry. . . now I'm freaking out and wondering why we did this in the first place!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page