Daily check-in for 1/11 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 73 Old 01-11-2008, 11:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
MamaFern I *love* your hat and kimino! Care to share the patterns?

hardcoremama to you. You certainly have had your share of the crummies lately.

MamaJamie great news! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that you'll get a better doc when it's time to deliver.

Strawhatbrat I had one of those moments last night, too. It got me all excited. Poop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 73 Old 01-11-2008, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadassah View Post
Sometimes I feel very alone.....well I guess we are alone in preparing our minds before going into labor. Anyways that is how I feel, like I have so much to do and I am doing it alone.....and yet I know I am not, it just feels that way....am I making sense? I always have a point where I get very emotional during labor.
Hadassah, I am right there with you and I know exactly what you mean! Pregnancy is kind of a lonely thing sometimes. We can get a lot of support, but there's only one person who can grow and and birth this baby, you know?

Hang in there! And have a good cry if it helps.

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#63 of 73 Old 01-11-2008, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefulbambina View Post
MW just left. He had moved positions so she didn't find him right away which created a BIG scare for me, but she did find his heartbeat and hes in position and a little lower. What an exhausting emotional day.

I am so happy to hear that. I actually came back on MDC tonight just to check on you
#64 of 73 Old 01-11-2008, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern View Post
hat picture in blog

we are going swimming tonight, so maybe that will make this baby come out!
Those kimonos are THE CUTEST! Do you sell them? I don't know how to knit
#65 of 73 Old 01-12-2008, 12:12 AM

wonderful news gratefulbambina! i had to check back in just to hear the good news
#66 of 73 Old 01-12-2008, 01:09 AM

Still nothing to report, no contractions, no loss of plug, nada. I guess I should have been starting it earlier but oh well, tonight I start the EPO and a neighbor just recommended parsley tea, anyone tried that yet? I'm feeling the pressure since my NST and ultrasound are on Monday...tick...tock...

Proud mama to three bouncing unschooled boys:, Ian5/02, Connor9/04, and Andrew1/08!:::: Milk Donors!familybed2.gifwaterbirth.jpghomeschool.gifselectivevax.gifdizzy.gif

#67 of 73 Old 01-12-2008, 01:12 AM

You've been warned.

What does it look like when you are losing your plug? Is it thick and stringy, kinda like snot? Or is it more solid, like Jell-o?

I'm so sorry. I truly am. I've noticed the former on the TP a few times no and I just need to know what the heck that is coming out of me.
#68 of 73 Old 01-12-2008, 01:20 AM

MamaBear, I've noticed the former for me, but I don't know if that's mucous plug or not - I've never seen mine. Sorry.

I've had a trying day - I'm losing patience with being pregnant (having a bad night of sleep didn't help) - I'll have to keep busy this weekend to keep my mind off it. I mean, if there were signs of SOMETHING happening, it wouldn't be so bad, but I might as well be 35 weeks for all the signs of labour impending, rather than 41+.

MIL watched the kids this morning so I met dh on his lunch break and we had a lunch date. I really enjoyed it.

Gratefulbambina, I'm so glad to hear everything's OK.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#69 of 73 Old 01-12-2008, 02:16 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadassah View Post
Sometimes I feel very alone.....well I guess we are alone in preparing our minds before going into labor. Anyways that is how I feel, like I have so much to do and I am doing it alone.....and yet I know I am not, it just feels that way....am I making sense? I always have a point where I get very emotional during labor.
I too have had times like this lately. I agree with the op who said that it seems to be part of how we prepare mentally for going into labour. Perhaps it's time to do a little TLC, something nice for yourself, to nurture yourself. And yes, go have that cry. We're almost there.

Mama Bear - FWIW (TMI) I've seen both yellowish-browny snotty looking mucous and clearer eggy looking mucous emerging from below. I'm thinking mucous is mucous. Hopefully this means we're soon..............(but this is day 4 for me now of mucous - Grrrr!!!)

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#70 of 73 Old 01-12-2008, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama_Bear View Post
You've been warned.

What does it look like when you are losing your plug? Is it thick and stringy, kinda like snot? Or is it more solid, like Jell-o?

I'm so sorry. I truly am. I've noticed the former on the TP a few times no and I just need to know what the heck that is coming out of me.
I talked to my MW a couple days ago about mucous plugs. She said it can be either way. Some women have a more liquid mucous & some have more solid. So it definitely could be your plug
#71 of 73 Old 01-12-2008, 04:28 AM

my midwife pulled out what seemed like tons of mucous after my internal today. she said it was no big deal. according to her, and from my experience last time, the plug has bloody show with it.

half hour til my due date is officially past. going beyond everyone's expectations.

treehugger.gif river and mountain mama to two amazing dust.gif girls, homebirth.jpg 8.25.05 and h20homebirth.gif 1.13.08, and married to my soulmate of 18 yrs partners.gif

#72 of 73 Old 01-12-2008, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama_Bear View Post
MamaFern I *love* your hat and kimino! Care to share the patterns?
there are links to both in my blog..

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#73 of 73 Old 01-12-2008, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMARabbitt View Post
Those kimonos are THE CUTEST! Do you sell them? I don't know how to knit

its the first one i've knit. i do knit longies and hats and other things to sell
i could probably knit one to sell, but i would want to perfect it first. i'm such a picky knitter and i noticed a few things i would change..

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page