Daily check-in for 1/11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 73 Old 01-11-2008, 06:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Hmmm....well, I am thinking January 11th might be a good day to have a baby.

I am leaking a tiny bit of fluid and have been having sporadic, but strong contractions all night. Caught about 3 hours of sleep, before a storm woke up my little ones and sent them crawling into my bed.

I am going to hang here at the house until things progress a bit further. I do have a midwife, though we like to call her a medwife. She is an OB in everything but name and will put me on the clock if I go to the hospital early.

So, just sitting here, maybe in labor, munching some granola.

How about you?

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#2 of 73 Old 01-11-2008, 06:46 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just woke up for a snacking session...You're right today is a good day to have a baby, I say go for it
#3 of 73 Old 01-11-2008, 08:08 AM

Can I join your gang? I seem to be the only one from DID who hasn't had their baby yet!

I'm 2 weeks overdue today and have had NOTHING - no ctx, no leaks, nothing Had my second sweep today which doesn't seem to have made any difference either! I am starting to feel like a freak
#4 of 73 Old 01-11-2008, 09:38 AM

good luck ruthie girl!

i'm just getting everyone ready for th edaily grind this morning. old navy is having their mega sale, so i'm dragging ds over there with me after we drop dd off at preschool.

tomorrow we have the woman who is doing the birht photos coming to take some maternity shots to "warm us up." i'm nervous, lol!

after that my calendar is mostly empty besides preschool & ethan's gym class.....

Jenn, wife to John
Mama to Kayleigh (6), Ethan (4), Norah (1), & Charlotte coming 11.09
#5 of 73 Old 01-11-2008, 09:49 AM

Ruthie Girl Sounds like an awesome day today for a baby...and all you overdue babies come on out!! Your mamas are waiting for you....

I am doing good. 39 weeks today!! I am ready to have this baby! DH and I DTD last night with some EPO then I stayed in bed for about 30 mins. Then came downstairs and watched the rest of Rome I love that show..then when I went to bed I put in another EPO .....I definitely felt something in the middle of the night with my cervix ..

Going to try and do that every night until baby is born. I told the baby that it can come out anytime I am prepared and ready.

I held my sisters 6 week old yesterday and gee it was absolutely wonderful.

Today i am getting some freezer meals prepared

Good luck to everyone

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
#6 of 73 Old 01-11-2008, 09:50 AM

Good morning ladies

Yesterday my mom had my other two all day and after dh came home we did the deed and then I made a reservation to a fancy restaurant for us. I mean if anything would get this little guy to come it would be that right??? uh nope. I did have nice contractions at dinner, but they died out before desert came. I remember stating to people that I thought this guy would come on the 15th I wanted to be proven wrong so bad.
#7 of 73 Old 01-11-2008, 10:13 AM

good luck to everyone hoping for babies today!

as for me, i am SICK. guess i couldn't outrun what the kids had.

also, my stupid dog kept me awake throughout the night. he is scared of the rain, and it rained overnight. stupid. stupid dog.

ugh.

grandma gets here soon- maybe i can go back to bed?

hope everyone gets the kind of day they want today!
hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#8 of 73 Old 01-11-2008, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzylou View Post
Can I join your gang? I seem to be the only one from DID who hasn't had their baby yet!

I'm 2 weeks overdue today and have had NOTHING - no ctx, no leaks, nothing Had my second sweep today which doesn't seem to have made any difference either! I am starting to feel like a freak
I'm sending you lots of progressive & painless labor vibes. : It'll happen mama, just use LOTS of visualizations:
#9 of 73 Old 01-11-2008, 10:34 AM

Hope all of you are feeling okay this morning. I'm about to make a pancake breakfast for my husband (and kids), who generously offered to stay home this morning if I make breakfast. Fair trade I guess.

Anyway, real quick, Ricki Lake is supposed to be on another news station today. Did anyone here that? If so, which one?

Thanks, I'll be back.

Happy Labor Vibes to ALL of US....whether were close, or not!
#10 of 73 Old 01-11-2008, 10:40 AM

Good morning all! Here I am, 40+1. This is the day that both of my older ones were born but there are no signs that full-blown labor is coming today. I have had it in my head that this baby would take longer anyway but it sure is hard now that it's here!! I still feel really good but hate to be wasting DH's open days (we own a small business and don't have anything scheduled through Monday) with no baby!! My parents and other sister get here late tonight. It will be nice to send all the kids to their rental house!! I was really hoping (and they were too) for the baby to be here by the time they got here. I think that I will be hibernating in my house until the baby comes. They can come and bring me food!! Anyway, that's about all that's gooing on here. My house is clean and organized and ready to go. All we need is a baby!!
Welcome Suzylou!!
Katie
#11 of 73 Old 01-11-2008, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anudi01 View Post
Hope all of you are feeling okay this morning. I'm about to make a pancake breakfast for my husband (and kids), who generously offered to stay home this morning if I make breakfast. Fair trade I guess.

Anyway, real quick, Ricki Lake is supposed to be on another news station today. Did anyone here that? If so, which one?

Thanks, I'll be back.

Happy Labor Vibes to ALL of US....whether were close, or not!
NO WAY!! We had pancakes for breakfast too!!! :

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
#12 of 73 Old 01-11-2008, 11:05 AM

40+1 here, lots of strong braxtons all day yesterday, but nothing else. I am however sick: My ears are full, my head is stuffy, and I have the chills. As much as I want to go into labour, not feeling like this. I am taking my Vit C, Oil of oregano, Prenatal... I am also getting more reflexology done on my feet tonight, maybe tomorrow?

Penny(34), DH Leon(36) DD Abi (4) DS Jacob (2)
#13 of 73 Old 01-11-2008, 11:15 AM

Id happily go into labor Sunday lol.. but NOT today or tomorrow lol.. We move tomorrow and Im soooo excited but really dreading the actual move lol.
#14 of 73 Old 01-11-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthiegirl View Post
Hmmm....well, I am thinking January 11th might be a good day to have a baby.

January 11th would be a GREAT day to have this baby.

just sittin' here at 40w 5d... counting the minutes, hours, days... and hopefully no more weeks.
#15 of 73 Old 01-11-2008, 11:54 AM

40 weeks TODAY!! When I got pg, I truly never thought I would make it all the way to me DUE DATE!!! And while I agree that today would be a fantastic day to have a baby, I doubt I'll be that lucky. I am SICK this morning...I'm not sure if it's the flu or what, but in addition to my multiple trips to the potty I am very nauseous like I might vomit too. How crappy to get a bug so close to delivery! I suppose I will just sleep all day. I would let myself think it was delivery related, but baby is still in my ribcage, so I really doubt it.

Good luck to you ladies who are fortunate to be making progress...you'll be in my thoughts today!!
#16 of 73 Old 01-11-2008, 12:23 PM

OF COURSE my contractions would get stronger when I pull my groin muscle!! Why not?! Still hurts to walk, but I have figured out how to lean forward so it doesn't hurt as bad! I have been getting contractions during the night but they have been going away sometime in early morning while I am asleep. Well, starting last night and this morning I have been having liquidy poop (TMI I know...) AND my boobs were leaking colustrum last night in my bath and I don't leak until after baby is born, AND when I got up this morning my mouth was all dry and I'm starving. I took a drink of water that was beside the bed, and my contractions started up again. So we'll see. Everything is pointing to this baby coming today! Maybe me getting hurt was a sign to baby that he/she needs to come out so I don't get hurt anymore?! LOL...

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#17 of 73 Old 01-11-2008, 12:38 PM

I have a OB appt at 2:15 today. We'll see where that takes us. 38w1d. this is kid 3, and the most ive been PG is 38w4d. That was DS1. DS2 was 36w4d.

Eh, we'll see i guess.

I'm not holding my breath.

hmm or maybe i should LOL!
#18 of 73 Old 01-11-2008, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Super big Poolside. You have been sooooo waiting for this baby to come! I hope it's soon.

I hope it's soon for all of us who want them here already. And those who need to hold off a bit for Mama, bake some more!

I too am feeling frustrated because we're all just WAITING for this baby to come. I feel like I have no control and everyone's looking at me expectantly. Do you feel anything? How are you today? Etc. Argh. I have been losing my mucous plug for like four days now. Variable BHs. EPO orally and vaginally. A bit of DTD. Loose stools for more than a week now (TMI sorry). Emotionally labile. Alternating exhausted and hungry with nesting. 39w6d today. COME ON BABY!!!!!!!!!

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#19 of 73 Old 01-11-2008, 01:09 PM

I agree - Jan 11 would be a good day to have a baby...I have a fil who has a hard time remembering birthdays, so 1/11 would be a very easy date to remember.

Had a tough night last night - ds was up for a bit in the early morning, then I couldn't get back to sleep because my hips were super sore and I had aches going into my back. I had a fleeting thought that maybe contractions were starting, but then I guess I fell asleep again. This morning, nothing.

So I'm 41+1 today. My mil is coming over this morning to play with the kids, so I'm going to score some couch time and maybe even take a nap.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#20 of 73 Old 01-11-2008, 01:16 PM

41+3 today. DH and I are planning on DTD to see if it will get things going. Wish us luck.
: Sending labor vibes to all the overdue mamas out there.

Mama to DS (3/7/06)om.gif, DSD  hearts.gif(11/17/02), DD (1/16/08 )energy.gif ,  DS2 (5/30/10) sleepytime.gif and Baby Quinn angel.gif (R.I.P 3/22/13)

#21 of 73 Old 01-11-2008, 01:17 PM

38wks today.. have a OB appt in about an hour.. maybe some progress.. last week I was 2cm 50 % and all this week I have had the low dull back ache sporadic contractions and it feels like I have a bowling ball between my legs... : DH is finally home so anytime after this weekend is fine by me.. Bunko is tomorrow night and i have knitting sunday afternoon.... sooooo anytime after those 2 things fine by me!
#22 of 73 Old 01-11-2008, 01:59 PM

Had another evening of contractions, but they went away when I went to sleep. I left the house for the gym right before DS' bedtime last night---we had such a horrid day that I just couldn't take anymore. He was crying most of the day that he doesn't want us to have a baby, and then DH came home stressed about how little he's getting done at work, and that taking time off is going to be so hard, blah blah...my brain has complete sympathy, but my hormones are screaming that I'm the only one who is happy about this baby being born, and maybe s/he should just stay in there forever!

Apparently while I was gone (and DH was putting DS to bed) he made the mistake of answering a phone call from his parents (silly man, that's what caller ID is for!!). They were BOTH on the phone wondering why there wasn't a baby here yet. Um....because I haven't gone into labor?!?! He was so mad at himself for even answering.

DS seems to be doing better today---he had slept with my mom for the two nights before that while she was here, and while she SAID he slept well, he was a tired WRECK both days. Last night when he woke up he insisted on staying in his OWN bed, and seemed to wake up well-rested. Hrm. He also woke up with some positive thoughts about baby, so that helped lift my spirits.

The hardest part of waiting for me is that I have NO PLANS, and I don't need to buy anything, so going out to shopping areas seems silly. I'm even avoiding my usual standbys (Children's Museum, Aquarium, etc) because I don't want DS to be around all of the other sick kids and bring something home right now. We've been very lucky in our health this pregnancy (other than one day of vomiting and fever for DS a month ago) and I don't want to jinx it now!

Any thoughts for filling these days? I think the poor child is bored out of his mind, but I just can't get down on the floor and play trains with him, and when I get to the third book in a stack my eyes start closing involuntarily. I need some inspiration for making life more fun for him right now!!

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#23 of 73 Old 01-11-2008, 02:11 PM

sara- i'm always trying to find creative ways to engage my boys that don't take much effort or money. one thing that i did one day DH was away on business, was that i let the kids help make a version of the game "memory" (you know, that matching game?). we browsed some clipart on microsoft word for things they liked (not surprisingly, they picked all vehicles- car, boat, dump truck, airplane, etc). copied and resized the images into a word document, and typed the name of the object below it. i printed out two sheets of all of the images, and the boys colored them. then i cut them out and taped them onto pieces of cardboard that i had pre-cut ahead of time. we play "memory"- type games a lot, so i didn't have to introduce them to the concept, but it's not a hard one to teach a little one your son's age. anyway, it killed a lot of time in the prep work, it was easy and cheap to pull together, and then they had a game they could play later. granted, with a 2-year old, you need to be really hands-on when it comes to actually playing the game, but it doesn't take too much energy.

anyway, there's one idea.

good luck waiting! i still have TONS to do. guess i should get back to work...
hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#24 of 73 Old 01-11-2008, 02:11 PM

Still here. Um, only 40w5d. Had acupuncture yesterday. That was nice. Had contractions wake me up this morning and came every 5-6-4 minutes for an hour then stopped. I wonder how nice it is in my womb? I'm thinking there must be some seriously good room service or spa treatments or something. Its like the penthouse suite apparently.

I am really at peace now though. I was wondering how this birth would be compared to the other two and had a touch of anxiety but my outlook changed from, what if xyz happens.....I wonder if it will be worse/better/etc to my new outlook which is, lets see how awesome we can make this experience. Its the last birth for us and lets go out with an awesome experience. So, I am very calm and relaxed with everything....and looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.

Alicia mama to 3 boys 6 and under.
#25 of 73 Old 01-11-2008, 02:15 PM

You're right. Today would be a perfect day to have a baby. I don't think I'll be that lucky, but I hope some of you are. I have an appt with the chiro today at 2. I'm a little nervous, as I've never been before, but my little guy decided to turn posterior and I've heard that sometimes getting adjusted encourages them to go back to a good position. I sure hope so, anyhow!
#26 of 73 Old 01-11-2008, 02:23 PM

Ruthiegirl: sounds promising!! if this is your birthing day, YAY!! gentle birthing vibes to you.

Happy Due Date Fishie and anyone else!

aaronsmom, baby will come!! i was 42 and 2 when my daughter finally decided to meet us!

southernmommie:
sounds like you may be going to baby land to me! sorry that you are in pain. heal up quickly..i dont know if having a baby with a pulled groin muscle would be very much fun.

HCM: your kiddos are doing better?

Welcome Suzylou!!

i really didn't think i would make it this far either.. not because of past experience, but just because i had such a strong feeling baby would come early. oh well, the longer she growth the healthier she will be! and i'm knitting a super cute but finicky hat for her, so maybe she is just waiting for me to finish it!
i started taking some homeopathic remedies yesterday (the cohoshes), and ive been taking EPO for a week now.. dp and i have been dtd almost every day (night) but im still not feeling much...i had so many BH last week and this week almost none, and no more plug lost either. its a mystery to my how bodies work. ..

i trust my body and my baby. i will go into labor when the time is right!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#27 of 73 Old 01-11-2008, 02:40 PM

Freaking out a bit here, I haven't felt him move at all today. Tried everything I can think of and hes not budging that I can tell. MW is on her way here, please send me some thoughts and prayers.
#28 of 73 Old 01-11-2008, 02:43 PM

happy due date, mamafern! hope baby is ready to meet you soon!

thanks for asking- the kids are better, in terms of the ear infection. the cough/post-nasal drip still wakes them up all night long, which wakes up the whole family bed. but fortunately, they are falling back asleep, which wasn't happening when their ears hurt, cause they wouldn't lay back down without crying. so that's better. except that now i have a horrid sore throat and i'm getting the sinus congestion. anything is better than my kids suffering, but i had hoped it would skip over me with all that i do to care for myself. maybe the lack of sleep has been running me down. the kids are back to their old selves during the day, so you can say they're definitely on the mend. the nights can still be a little rough, that's all. again, thanks for asking.

are you gonna show us a pic of the hat when you're done?

hcm

#29 of 73 Old 01-11-2008, 02:44 PM

38+2 today. Feeling pretty good, too. Yesterday I finally got the last of the sewing projects done. I think I only have a few things left to do: hang curtains in the baby's room, make CDs for labour, order sheets for the basinett. I guess that means I can move on to decluttering the basement. <groan>

MamaJamie have you made any decisions/changes yet with your practitioner?

simplehome my daughter LOVES to take baths. These days, she's been taking looooong baths. I sit in the bathroom and read or knit and she plays happily. I throw in a few different kitchen items each time to make it interesting for her. I froze some ice cubes yesterday with a drop of food colouring in each. That will be fun to let them melt in the bathtub and mix up the colours. I've also printed a few preschool books (google printable books) and we read and colour them together. We made a ramp out of a shelf and tried all sorts of things to see what will roll and what will slide. Heck, yesterday while I was sewing I gave her a box lid, a piece of paper, and some kid-safe scissors and let her cut away to her heart's content, as long as all the pieces stayed in the box lid (easy clean up that way). Freeze dance is also a fun game. I'm tired these days, so I control the music and dd does the dancing and freezing. If you are feeling more energetic, you can go for a walk and collect nature items and make a collage, freeze the leaves in water (great for water play later on), or make a scavenger list (brown leaf, yellow car, short stick, etc.) and check them off as you walk.

I don't need to rush things along. I will enjoy the end of my pregnancy and savour these last few days of just dd and I.
#30 of 73 Old 01-11-2008, 02:47 PM

Quote:
I am really at peace now though. I was wondering how this birth would be compared to the other two and had a touch of anxiety but my outlook changed from, what if xyz happens.....I wonder if it will be worse/better/etc to my new outlook which is, lets see how awesome we can make this experience. Its the last birth for us and lets go out with an awesome experience. So, I am very calm and relaxed with everything....and looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.
thanks happymomma, i needed to read this. i'm sorta getting to this point also (trying to get there). i'm feeling much calmer than i was earlier this week and i know i'll try my best...

38w5d here. i think i'm 39 weeks according to the OB, but i like my dates better. no signs of anything happening. baby still hasn't dropped. i have no idea if it's still ROP/posterior or not anymore. i'm trying to stop worrying about it (though i continue to attempt to sit, sleep, relax in positions to encourage the baby to be in an anterior postition). my longest pregnancy so far is 39 weeks and i'm pretty sure i'll break that record this time around .

i haven't mentioned here, but i'm on insulin at night for GD to control my morning fasting blood sugar (though my fasting levels have dropped dramatically and i'm about to wean off in the next 2 nights). i'm not sure what the protocol is at my OBs re: GD patients. i'll see my doctor on tuesday (i've been rotating through all the OBs this past month). i'm dreading the induction talk, and didn't even think it would come up because my other two came before their due dates. i'm pretty sure they'll let me get to me due date, but how much past that, i don't know. i know i can always refuse, etc. i'm just hoping this baby comes in the next 10 days or so - so we don't get to that point.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page