Daily Check-In for 1/14 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 67 Old 01-14-2008, 03:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How's everyone doing today??

40w3d and I think today may be MY day!!! YIPPEEE!!!! Contractions have been regular (15-20min apart) for a few hours. Not horribly painful, but getting much more uncomfortable. Going to try to get some sleep now, but hoping for some progress!
#2 of 67 Old 01-14-2008, 04:01 AM

Yay, Fishie Kisses! I really hope this is it for you! :

Well, I'm on the west coast, so it's only 10:55pm on Sunday right now, but oh well. I'm sitting up and having a "snack" (really, a small meal, but whatever), and it occurs to me: am I making an eating habit for the baby by always eating at this time every night? Will the baby want to nurse every single night at this time, or will this have no bearing at all on his feeding times? This pregmented mind wants to know. 10/11 more days and I guess I'll know.

I had a really great weekend. DD and I went to the bigger town 30 minutes away from us on Saturday and did some errands, played in the McD's playground, had lunch with MIL (HUGE wife points there!! ), etc. We had so much fun. Sunday my dh made me sleep in (HUGE husband points there!! ) and I slept until 10:30. Sweet bliss! I finished knitting a toque for dh, had tea with a girlfriend, a lovely "healthy" take-out dinner with our little family, and then the three of us snuggled up to watch a movie. What a great weekend!

Hope everyone is feeling well!
#3 of 67 Old 01-14-2008, 04:21 AM

it's still technically 1/13 west coaster here.. but I have insomnia.. so I uploaded some belly pics and put them in the thread.. have had BH on and off all day.. and maybe something will happen when I go to bed..

We'll see in the morning.
#4 of 67 Old 01-14-2008, 04:26 AM

Fishie Kisses :

Same old, same old here. DTD with dh actually stopped contractions last time.

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#5 of 67 Old 01-14-2008, 09:15 AM

Fishie Kisses Peaceful labor vibes are being sent your way mama!!

Still here Big Beautiful and pregnant. I must have gotten up a million times to pee and turned from side to side another million...

Does anyone have a new pair of hips I can borrow???

39 weeks and 3 days today.

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
#6 of 67 Old 01-14-2008, 09:19 AM

Good labor wishes Fishie Kisses!

I panicked for a few there thinking my ip had been banned from MDC. Oh noes!

I've fallen into a regular pattern of waking up every one and a half to two hours for peeing at night. I'm thinking breastfeeding/diaper changing newborn care shouldn't bother me at all now. heh

Midwife appointment today. Not expecting anything exciting to happen.

Going to nosh on some oatmeal now. Mmm.
#7 of 67 Old 01-14-2008, 09:56 AM

ohh, good luck fishie kisses!

38+6 today. nothing new to report. i had a fun day of shopping/returning planned for today, but then dd woke up last night with an earache, so she's not headed to preschool. i'm hoping it's not an ei, but she's had a cough for a few weeks, so i'm sure something is probably dripping in there. :/

dh had duty yesterday, so i'm hoping he gets out of work a little early today & i can maybe head out by MYSELF! wouldn't that be a treat, lol.

i've started to over-shop for baby again, so she better come soon before i dwindle away all of our money, lol.

Jenn, wife to John
Mama to Kayleigh (6), Ethan (4), Norah (1), & Charlotte coming 11.09
#8 of 67 Old 01-14-2008, 10:01 AM

I'm having contractions this morning. They started a few hours ago but I did my best to stay in bed until now. I'm still having them now that I'm up but they are not very long. Come on stronger and closer!!!!
40+4
Katie
#9 of 67 Old 01-14-2008, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

Chavelah---I had the same message...must have been a glitch this morning...I bet admin was BOMBARDED with messages!

I'm still having contractions, but none that woke me up, and they're still not really painful, just uncomfortable. Guess this is going to be a process!

Momonthebeach--hope this is it for you too!!
#10 of 67 Old 01-14-2008, 10:08 AM

Had some contractions last night, but they did not form a pattern. Feeling pretty crappy since I can't seem to find any comfort position to sleep.
#11 of 67 Old 01-14-2008, 10:08 AM

yay - momonthebeach!

i must say, even though i'm *mostly content to be pregnant a little while longer, it is so exciting hearing about all these mamas on their way to have their new baby evry day!

also, as horribly selfish-vein-whatever as it sounds, i'm sort of hoping she evicts herself soon because all of the sudden, on my 3rd pregnancy, i'm getting STRETCH MARKS! i know it probably sounds horrible, but it's not like i'm going to do anything to kick her out, lol .... it was just that one popped up last week, a few days later a couple more ... and i haven't looked under there since! they do fade, though, right? they're purpley-blue, and i can't FEEL them, like i can the ones i got on my butt last time. :X

Jenn, wife to John
Mama to Kayleigh (6), Ethan (4), Norah (1), & Charlotte coming 11.09
#12 of 67 Old 01-14-2008, 10:24 AM

I continued to lose my mucous plug and have bloody show all day yesterday. Nothing much happening this morning though. 41+6 today.

Mama to DS (3/7/06)om.gif, DSD  hearts.gif(11/17/02), DD (1/16/08 )energy.gif ,  DS2 (5/30/10) sleepytime.gif and Baby Quinn angel.gif (R.I.P 3/22/13)

#13 of 67 Old 01-14-2008, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

Well, no sooner did I post my last one and use the restroom and I had some bloody show. I know that could still mean DAYS or more before anything happens, but in my world it's MAJOR because I have had nothing til now!! This is serious progress!!! :
#14 of 67 Old 01-14-2008, 10:43 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Sounds like we will have at least one birth annoucement by tonight! Hooray!

I am getting serious about shaking this baby out. I had an amazing Mother's Blessing ceremony Saturday and dh has his last planned meeting today at 1. After today, the schedule is clear, so come on baby!

I am taking the kids to the Y so they can play and I am going to spend some time walking the treadmill, then we are going swimming and if I still have energy, I am taking them out for spicy peanut sauce at the local asian restaurant. Hah! Just try to stop labor!

And yes, I know those are all wive's tales, but darn it, I need something to focus on and keep me moving.

Here's to a good birthing day.

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#15 of 67 Old 01-14-2008, 10:47 AM

last night was the worst yet.

i have a call into my mw's office, and i am going to take whatever they offer me. this pain is excruciating, and i am sleepless into day 4. i am really, really suffering.

good luck to everyone in labor/early-labor/wishful-labor. praying mine holds off for longer...

hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#16 of 67 Old 01-14-2008, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

HCM--I have faith that your body will heal itself in time for your LO to come!! Hang in there!!
#17 of 67 Old 01-14-2008, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

PS--When does the heartburn go away????? Baby hasn't dropped, so I'm sure that's why I have it so bad, but does it stop immediately after delivery, or am I stuck with this forever??
#18 of 67 Old 01-14-2008, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses View Post
40w3d and I think today may be MY day!!! YIPPEEE!!!! Contractions have been regular (15-20min apart) for a few hours. Not horribly painful, but getting much more uncomfortable. Going to try to get some sleep now, but hoping for some progress!
Thinking of you and hoping this is your day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama_Bear View Post

I had a really great weekend. DD and I went to the bigger town 30 minutes away from us on Saturday and did some errands, played in the McD's playground, had lunch with MIL (HUGE wife points there!! ), etc. We had so much fun. Sunday my dh made me sleep in (HUGE husband points there!! ) and I slept until 10:30. Sweet bliss! I finished knitting a toque for dh, had tea with a girlfriend, a lovely "healthy" take-out dinner with our little family, and then the three of us snuggled up to watch a movie. What a great weekend!
Glad you had such a great weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahirakids View Post

You can have mine, but I don't think they are working any better than yours at the moment. I didn't have any of this kind of pain with my previous pregnancies...even my wrists hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonthebeach View Post
I'm having contractions this morning. They started a few hours ago but I did my best to stay in bed until now. I'm still having them now that I'm up but they are not very long. Come on stronger and closer!!!!
40+4
Hoping today is your day

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefulbambina View Post
Had some contractions last night, but they did not form a pattern. Feeling pretty crappy since I can't seem to find any comfort position to sleep.
I am totally with you. I can't wait to sleep on my stomach again. Both my sides hurt and of course sleeping on my back is a no no (not that that is comfortable either)

Quote:
Originally Posted by impromptukiss View Post

also, as horribly selfish-vein-whatever as it sounds, i'm sort of hoping she evicts herself soon because all of the sudden, on my 3rd pregnancy, i'm getting STRETCH MARKS! i know it probably sounds horrible, but it's not like i'm going to do anything to kick her out, lol .... it was just that one popped up last week, a few days later a couple more ... and i haven't looked under there since! they do fade, though, right? they're purpley-blue, and i can't FEEL them, like i can the ones i got on my butt last time. :X
The same thing is happening to me. Not ONE stretch mark with my two previous pregnancies and the other day I see one on the right side of my stomach. Now I notice it everytime I look in the mirror

Well 38w3d today. I have never gone this long before so it is a new experience. Not one I am loving

I was reading the paper this morning and noticed that a bunch of the celebrities that were due this month have already had their babies (Christina Agulaira, Nicole Richie, Courtney Thorne Smith) I heard that Christina A was having a scheduled C section, I hope that wasn't the case with all of them. Anyway, not sure why but seeing all those births made me want this baby out even more.

Hope everyone has a good day!
#19 of 67 Old 01-14-2008, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post
last night was the worst yet.

i have a call into my mw's office, and i am going to take whatever they offer me. this pain is excruciating, and i am sleepless into day 4. i am really, really suffering.

good luck to everyone in labor/early-labor/wishful-labor. praying mine holds off for longer...

hcm

I had strep throat when I was pregnant with dd2 and what you have sounds a lot like it. I had never had it before and they didn't think it was strep because I had symptoms other than a sore throat (breathing difficulty etc) but I must have just had a cold at the the same time because when they took a swab it was a raging case of strep. I am not a big one for antibiotics, but when I finally started taking it (after about 1 1/2 weeks of suffering) it was an amazing relief. I would at least have them check.

Take care
#20 of 67 Old 01-14-2008, 11:23 AM

HCM- My midwife insists that babies do not come when mamas are sick...your body just won't allow you to go into labor. I hope you feel better very soon. Being sick this pregnant is the absolute worst!!! I can totally sympathize. and one more extra

Hollysmom- I was reading the same thing...I think everyone in America is having their baby except me! LOL

FishieKisses- WOW! How exciting!!! I really hope that this is it for you. Bloody show is a major change. Woohoo!!!

aaronsmom- Its got to be soon! Bloody show is a great sign, right? Lots of labor vibes mama!

So I am obviously still here. Talked to dh this morning and the guys at work were all shocked to see him come in...they are just *knew* we had the babe this weekend. Then they all turned into OB/GYN's and told him that it was dangerous to go "so late" and that they are going to have to take the babe by csection etc etc. No real reasons for all of this...just normal males thinking they knew things that they don't know. So dh had fun telling them all how ridiculous they were and reminding them that this is my THIRD babe thankyouverymuch and I might know a *leetle* bit more than them since they don't even have a uterus. Ahem. It felt good to know that he was getting harassed just like I am. LOL

And anyone else overdue have crazy thoughts? LOL I will be, I don't know, doing anything, and think, "Wow, now would be a really good time for my water to break." And honestly hope that the NOW does it and then think, nothing? Uh, okay how about...."NOW!" nothing? Hmmm....NOW? Nope....a few hours later the words NOW just pop into my head. Its funny...I did this will ds2 as well....its a fun little game I play on the way to crazyland. I'm great with waiting...its the not knowing when that makes me think....NOW?

How about now?

Now?

Now?

Alicia mama to 3 boys 6 and under.
#21 of 67 Old 01-14-2008, 11:23 AM

yeah, i'm really anti-med, as much as possible. i even avoid tylenol unless i really need it. but they just called in a script for an antibiotic, and i'm gonna take it religiously. i can't justify not doing it right now. i have never, ever felt like this. i'm one of those people who never seems to get/stay sick, but my body really needs help right now.

so DH would be going to the pharmacy right now, except that we're snowed in... well, at least i'm not in labor! i will get relief soon...

later, everyone,
hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#22 of 67 Old 01-14-2008, 11:49 AM

38 weeks today!! So excited to have this baby, every night I clean the house 'just in case' something happens in the night! When I feel a contraction in the night, I become WIDE awake, aware of every feeling in body.... hoping! I'm starting to lose sleep!
mom on the beach- I hope this is your day!
fishie kisses- bloody show? What a great sign, this is it!

Well, better get homeschooling my dd... we're off to a late start...
#23 of 67 Old 01-14-2008, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahirakids View Post
Fishie Kisses
If you find some, let me know. I need some too.

38w4d.

As of 1:55pm today i will be more pregnant than i have before. (had DS1 at 1:55 at 38w4d). Blah. Feeling nothing.

She's SO stubborn! Owell. She'll come when SHE'S ready, and obviously not a moment sooner : err
#24 of 67 Old 01-14-2008, 12:24 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
HCM I am glad you are doing what you need to do to take care of yourself. There's a time and a place for meds (antibx) -- clearly this is it. I hope you feel better soon.

Hugs to all the Labour Vibed Mamas out there!

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#25 of 67 Old 01-14-2008, 12:33 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Good morning (for the second time. I woke up at 2 with REALLY bad heart burn - Like woke me out of a sound sleep. Then I could not get back to sleep until almost 5, and I was blocked from MDC. I was really trying to figure out what I had done, but it is fixed now, so must have been on there side.

Then I got up shortly after 6 to get the kids ready for school.

We had a really nice weekend. Friday my cleaning lady came for the first time - OMG, so so so worth the $$. I left before she did and it was so incredible to come home to a sparkling clean kitchen and bathrooms and all my floors vacuumed/mopped. While we were in town, I had a dr appt and my SIL and I went shopping and I got a couple of new outfits for the baby and new nursing bras and a nursing tank, whoo hoo, I am totally ready for the baby now. We had dinner at MIL's - so no cooking and the kids got to have a fun afternoon too (spent with grandma).

I was really nice here yesterday (in the 40s and sunny - we have had several inches of snow and temps in the teens the last month) so we went for a 1.5 mile walk, I was dying by the end, but felt so much better last night. I was walking 2+ miles a day until 32 weeks, when it got really cold, and my body feels so much better with excersize.

I am due saturday and have until next thursday the 24th to go into labor. I will have a repeat c-sec if I have not, so please say a prayer, wish, what ever that I do, I have NEVER gone into labor on my own. I started EPO and DH is more than willing to do his part , so I hope it does something!

Have a good day!

belly.gifSAHM, carseat geek, cattle raising woman to 5 girls (15, 10, 8, 6, 2) wild.gifand a stork-suprise.gif due in July!
#26 of 67 Old 01-14-2008, 12:43 PM

I wasn't going to post because I haven't much to say . . . but as I was typing I just realized . . . think baby is dropping!!!!! I've been praying so hard for something- some sign that my body is working toward labor (even though I know it is), how exciting!

Best wishes to those of you who are SOOOO close to meeting baby!

Wife to my Denali-climbing DH
Mom to DD born Jan. 08 and DS born Oct. 09, and "baby sister" due Oct 2013!
House mom to ten boys, ages 8-11 at a group home! Yes, I must be nuts!
#27 of 67 Old 01-14-2008, 01:01 PM

Fishie Kisses- hope this is your day!! keep us posted!

Mama Bear- that sounds like a wonderful weekend. I can't wait for my DH to take his paternity leave and we can have some nice family time together. Lately his days off have been consumed with midwife appointments, fixing up things around the house, etc. Not too relaxing!

Impromptu- I've been having to fight the baby-shopping urge. I know that we have the essentials but it's so hard to resist the soft little pink things. I think it helps that I'm working on decluttering our house at the same time, so I have to stop myself and think about the space that we have.

HCM- Hope you're feeling better soon!

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#28 of 67 Old 01-14-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessmcg View Post
We had a really nice weekend. Friday my cleaning lady came for the first time - OMG, so so so worth the $$. I left before she did and it was so incredible to come home to a sparkling clean kitchen and bathrooms and all my floors vacuumed/mopped. While we were in town, I had a dr appt and my SIL and I went shopping and I got a couple of new outfits for the baby and new nursing bras and a nursing tank, whoo hoo, I am totally ready for the baby now. We had dinner at MIL's - so no cooking and the kids got to have a fun afternoon too (spent with grandma).I am due saturday and have until next thursday the 24th to go into labor. I will have a repeat c-sec if I have not, so please say a prayer, wish, what ever that I do, I have NEVER gone into labor on my own. I started EPO and DH is more than willing to do his part , so I hope it does something!

Have a good day!
Can I just say how jealous I am about the cleaning lady??? Wow.. that's awesome!
I need to go shopping for some new nursing bras, too. I need to figure out what size I actually am.. and then go to a specialty shop or something, because I can never find my cup size at Target or WM, etc.
Labor vibes to you! I hope you can avoid that c/s.

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#29 of 67 Old 01-14-2008, 01:05 PM

I'm hoping baby doesn't come for another week or so...enough time for me to finish this awful project at work! (Someone else could do it for me, but as it's only my second major project, I'd really like to finish it myself for the record. I started this job in September, already 4.5 months pregnant... Now, I had finished this project until problems cropped up three days before we were supposed to close and the deal totally changed on me...so not my fault, and no one would think it was, but still....)

Happily (?) I have gotten the awful cold DS had all last week, and you folks have been telling me that women don't go into labor sick! I didn't realize how painful his cough must have been until I got it myself, and now I understand why he would wake up screaming every time he coughed! Poor baby...and I didn't give him any Tylenol or anything because he didn't have much fever and I try to stay away from it, but if I'd realized how miserable he was I probably would have. When I checked MSN this morning, the feature article was about how you shouldn't go to work when sick ... but I have my own office, so it's not like I'm sharing germs over a cubicle wall, and I don't know how much longer I have to work. Besides, every time I've been late b/c of an MD (or DDS) appt or worked from home in the last TWO MONTHS at least one person has emailed me asking if I've had a baby. So I'd have to send out my "I'm sick" email to EVERYONE in the department...and they'd still probably think I was in labor.
#30 of 67 Old 01-14-2008, 01:07 PM

I hope everyone is feeling well. I'm 39w1d today and not feeling like it will be my time anytime soon. That's ok, though.. I'm still feeling pretty great and it gives me more time to get everything ready.
My bedroom still has boxes, etc. from the move and it wouldn't be a relaxing place to give birth right now (plus I would be totally embarassed to have the midwives see it!)
But I got a lot done yesterday and finally washed all of the baby's clothes. I'm going to enjoy hanging up those sweet little outfits today in her closet
Off to help DH with the dishes.
Love to all the JanDDC mamas!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page