Daily Check in for 1/15 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 05:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronsmom View Post
I've been having contractions that are somewhat regular since last night. Hopefully I'm making progress!
: Labor vibes to all the other ladies that need 'em!
Fingers crossed that this is your day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehliouise View Post
just wanted to tell everyone to keep othersomethings in their thoughts today. she posted that she thought she was in labor yesturday. we have the same midwife and my midwife called this morning to cancel my appointment because she was transfering a mother to the hospital. i'm just making a guess that it was othersomethings. i'm sure it could be anyone else, but there is a pretty good chance, as she hasn't updated us here yet either since she said she thought she was in labor. midwife did say it wasn't an emergency transfer, and everyone was okay. lets keep them in our thoughts and prayers today just in case it is them.
Really hoping it is not her. Please let us know if you hear anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post
i SLEPT last night! (cue the sound of trumpeting cherubs or something like that)... well, i didn't sleep all night long or anything, but hey, i got more than 15 minutes here and 10 minutes there. it was glorious. yay meds (don't quote me on that! it's not my standard position!) i awoke this morning horking out stuff all the colors of the rainbow, so it looks like this infection is on its way to clearing up. throat still hurts, but not so unbearable that i'm not breathing easily now. thanks for all the well wishes, everyone!

my fundus is still painful, on account of all of the coughing i've been doing lately. i have a heating pad out, and i'm gonna try that for a while.

anyway, i'm here, hacking up all sorts of lovely gunk, but in so much better spirits and strength than i have been since friday. hopefully, i'll have a while longer to buff up before the baby decides it's time, but for everyone else out there eager to hold their little ones in their arms--- i wish you lots of ELV today.

catcha later,
hcm
So glad you are feeling a bit better.

Had a really good day yesterday. dh and I went out for lunch, just the two of us which NEVER happens. Then we rented movies and hung out. Still having contractions on and off and lots of pressure, but nothing else. Oh well I think I have resigned myself to the fact that this baby is not like his/her sisters and is content to stay in there a bit longer.

Happy laboring, birthing etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypnoMama View Post
I think the best thing about Hypnobabies so far is that I have never had a problem sleeping.
I'm doing Hypnobabies too Usually the first time I fall asleep isn't a problem, it's after I wake up to graze : then I can't get back to sleep so well.
If you have your baby first let me know how the Hypnobabies worked for you
#33 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 06:06 PM

40+2 today, and just not feeling like labour is all that near. Holy moly, am I sick of my folks calling, though. I love them dearly, and they are really feeling far away on the other coast (DD was born in BC where they are,) but... seriously, guys, I promise I'll call if there's any news!

My MIL is here and has been an angel, but everytime we go for a walk, or I go to bed, she asks if I feel anything. Again, I promise to tell you!

Anyway, it's snowy and lovely here again, so really, anytime this babe wants to emerge would be great. Especially, say, soon, as I have totally run out of comfy positions to sleep in and I am tired of getting up to stretch (and eat!) every morning at 2 am.

I, too am an obsessive TP checker. Lots of MP, but not even the tiniest bit of show, even after sex. Sigh. Patience is not among my virtues

Andrea in snowy Nova Scotia
#34 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 07:13 PM

ok. problem, perhaps?

MIL just got back from the doctor's, with my kids. she has conjunctivitis (pink-eye), a sinus infection, AND pneumonia. holy crapola.

i don't know what it is that i actually have. i know that the abx are helping me to feel better (and that i don't have any eye problems). up until the time that she told me that she had pneumonia, i felt like all of my issues were in my sinuses. though now, i'm starting to cough a little more deeply, which concerns me.

i have a call into DH at work. i'm just not sure what to do. my kids are FINALLY starting to get over their bugs. i am FINALLY starting to feel better. but what about grandma? my #1 concern is the safety of the baby. i do NOT NOT NOT want to end up with an RSV situation, cause grandma thought it was best to stay and "help me" with the kids. i would rather she go home and leave me alone to struggle alone through the last few days than jeopardize the health of my newborn. i'm assuming that the baby will be immune to whatever is in my system (if it's still there at birth), just cause i've been passing him antibodies to it. but i don't think i have pneumonia, and that's serious crap to mess with. (or do i? i'll go to the mw's tomorrow and have them listen to my chest to see.)

if gma goes away, that takes away our childcare safety net. my kids aren't comfortable with anyone other than their grandparents. i could possibly get my mom out here from los angeles as early as this weekend. or do i just tell DH to bring the kids to the hospital with us, and labor alone with my mw? i know DH wouldn't like that.

i want grandma to get better. this isn't all about me and what i want. but i am really worried about the baby right now.

anyone with the patience to read this whole message who can wrap their brains around the situation and offer a suggestion? i'm torn and stressed all of a sudden...

thanks,
hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#35 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 07:19 PM

yes i'm with everyone about checking the toilet paper...except in the middle of the night and that is only because i can't turn the light on in the bathroom in the middle of the night because it wakes up ds. which means i'm missing a lot of TP checking. i think i pee more at night than any other time.

i'm feeling a little less crampy than this morning.

about people calling you every minute asking if you feel anything. i have a friend who calls me everyday to ask if i am having contractions yet. the thing that irritates me about that is that she started having contractions at 36 weeks with her daughter and was induced at 37 weeks when she was already 4 cm. her doctor has told her that if she has future children they can induce them at 37 weeks as well. she is into a medicalized birth. the other day when she called asking if i was having contractions yet i went off on her and reminded her that with my last pregnancy i gave birth at 41 1/2 weeks which was an entire month longer than her pregnancy, so to get off my back.
#36 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 07:27 PM

HCM- is pneumonia contagious? i thought that is was the result of an infection that someone has that advances into pneumonia. i know that my grandfather had pneumonia and was hospitalized last year, but we all went to see him and took my ds once as well. i camped out there for a day or two. i don't know though because i am in no way a medical expert.

if it is something contagious that could spread to the baby i definately would ask her to go home...and call your mother to come out. just because it is better to be safe than sorry with an infant. i know this whole time i have been pregnant i have been very protective about myself getting sick because i stayed sick the entire time i was pregnant with ds. they claim that is part of the reason that we had so much trouble with his teeth. so this time i have been just down right rude to some people who were sick around me.

i'm really sorry that everyone in your family has been sick for so long and now when you thought everything was getting better there is this.
#37 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 07:47 PM

thanks, kehliouise-

yeah, we decided it would be best for her to go home. maybe it will just be for a few days. in the meantime, i can find someone local to cover my kids "in an emergency," until grandpa can get down here to watch them (cause he's not sick... yet).

even if this particular strain of pneumonia isn't contagious, i think it's best that she go, just so that the bug stops recirculating through our house. our kids are almost done with their round of abx, and i would like to keep this place "clean," if i can, before baby comes.

i will just cross my legs extra tightly for the next week or so, i guess...

sigh...

any word on othersomethings yet?

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#38 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

Same here with the ritual toilet paper checking....I have lost some mucus plug today in small amounts I have also been crampy off and on all day so I am hoping

I am also feeling a little more like maybe just maybe ..my dd3 said tomorrow we would have our baby....I guess we will have to see...

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
#39 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 08:19 PM

Yikes HCM, but I think sending her away is for the best.....just a big chance to take. If she got the kids sick then it would get passed all around the house for who knows how long. Hopefully the babe will sit tight until everything settles down a bit.

Oh and I am yet another to be checking obsessively for any little sign of anything. I just wanna cuddle with my babe!

Alicia mama to 3 boys 6 and under.
#40 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 08:37 PM

Just want to cuddle with the new babe here. Getting impatient and it's not even my due date for another week.
I had a dream that tomorrow is the day, please keep your fingers crossed for me everyone.

Chris
#41 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 09:13 PM

When I first found out I was pregnant I signed up for one of those weekly email updates on your baby's development. Yesterday I got an email from them with the subject "Why you still look pregnant". I wanted to shout back at them "BECAUSE I AM!!!!!!!!!"

I'm not very good at staying home. I've been keeping myself really busy, but I am pretty bored and it hasn't even been two weeks yet. Luckily, I still feel pretty good, but I am so ready to be a mom and get started on this new stage of life.

It is good to read everyone's updates and remember that there are a few of us further along then I am who are really in impressively good spirits.
#42 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 09:37 PM

yikes HCM. i think pneumonia can be either viral or bacterial. poor gma...

nothing here. getting used to it. i'm hoping i go into labor this weekend. saturday would be perfect. at my appt. today i was 2cm and 50% effaced. baby appears to be a good size (8-9 lbs.) which i'm happy about.

induction is set up for next week at 40w5d. i'm a gestational diabetic on insulin - so this was a compromise i worked out with my provider that i feel comfortable with. i *really* really don't want to be induced so i'm hoping to go into labor before then. both my other kids were born by 39 weeks (both natural labors), so this is all new to me. i hope things start happening soon. i'm going to do everything i can to help encourage my body to be ready for labor...lots of walking, DTD, etc.
#43 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 09:48 PM

40 weeks today. Blah. : come on out... it's safe and cozy!
#44 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 09:54 PM

[QUOTE=silkiemum;10290966]40+2 today, and just not feeling like labour is all that near. Holy moly, am I sick of my folks calling, though. I love them dearly, and they are really feeling far away on the other coast (DD was born in BC where they are,) but... seriously, guys, I promise I'll call if there's any news!
/QUOTE]

I totally feel ya on this. Our friends keep calling every day & asking if we've had the baby yet. MY GOSH PEOPLE! I PROMISE you will all know when I've had the baby.
#45 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 09:58 PM

I'm here.. been having random contractions all day.. finally sat down and started this.. www.contractionmaster.com it's pretty cool.. my back has been aching all day so something is happening I think. Aidan was born 10 days before his due date so today would be perfect as well.. well any day really. I am just so tired and sore and WOULD LOVE to be able to walk and sleep without pain in my legs and thighs. that's really my only gripe.. baby is so low I swear I will sneeze and he will just pop out!

But on the other hand I would love to have him stay so I can go see

the business of being born on the 26th.. anyone see it?
#46 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 10:01 PM - Thread Starter

Feeling really weird mamas...Hot then cold, already went the bathroom twice..Very strong sense of smell. Feel like rocking back and forth....not sure if I am having contractions but my stomach feels very different....it is hard to explain I feel very out of it....

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
#47 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 10:12 PM

Mamazon!! I feel the same way when I sneeze! I worry that this baby will be one of those suprise babies that just come out really fast!

Zahirakids, I know what you mean. I cant decide what is happening. For me probably nothing but I feel very odd and different, restless but so very tired. Now that some of your stress has been lifted baby is ready!!

Just reading the posts and waiting to read some more happy news! Who will be next?
Angela
#48 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 10:18 PM

zahirakids-sounds like something is going on. maybe this is it.

i feel like there has kind of been a lull in babies popping out the past few days...is that just me...or have they really slowed down?

there is supposed to be a big storm coming in here tonight. a low pressure system formed in the gulf and is coming in land tonight and tomorrow. i hoping maybe that will make me pop him out. i've heard low pressures bring on babies. one more week to the full moon as well. ofcourse the full moon didn't do anything for me when pregnant with ds. mw said it is new moons that bring babies...but we just passed it last week.
#49 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 10:19 PM

Boy was I excited at 3am when I woke up to pee and found.....bloody show!!!!!!!! (I'm so excited I can type that here--my dh hates the way it sounds!). So, of course, I was up, excited to get labor underway. Well, it's 4:16 pm now and NOTHING! Figures. Well, there's been more pink tp, but no contractions or anything fun! Baby is actually moving more than she has in the last few days and all I want to do is eat! I'm 40w1d now--tomorrow will be one week more pregnant than with ds!
#50 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 10:51 PM

we went for a beautiful walk and play at the ocean today.. did some errands and are home now and im feeling really like something is happening in my body. im not having contractions but baby is much lower than earlier today and im having a lot of cervix pain, kinda twitches and sharpness.. the normal everyday sounds of kids and people are feeling very loud and overwhelming and i have this weird pressure, ear popping thing going on in my head... im not sure if those things mean much, but somehow i feel like tonight or tomorow might be our day. but don't hold your breath or anything

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#51 of 59 Old 01-16-2008, 12:16 AM

I know, I am new to this due date forum, and I am due soon. All is well here, no signs of labor.

Othersomethings is the reason I logged into the due date club, we met at Bradley class. I read the post that said, she possibly went into labor yesterday. I really hope she is doing well...sending all my love and warm thoughts her way!

I think BabyMac will be baking in the oven for another week, he/she could prove me wrong though...I'm due on a full moon, so we'll see if that starts things :-)

I love reading the birth stories!

~Amanda&BabyMac
#52 of 59 Old 01-16-2008, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamac View Post
I know, I am new to this due date forum, and I am due soon. All is well here, no signs of labor.

Othersomethings is the reason I logged into the due date club, we met at Bradley class. I read the post that said, she possibly went into labor yesterday. I really hope she is doing well...sending all my love and warm thoughts her way!

I think BabyMac will be baking in the oven for another week, he/she could prove me wrong though...I'm due on a full moon, so we'll see if that starts things :-)

I love reading the birth stories!

~Amanda&BabyMac

welcome amanda! i'm due the same day.... good luck, and stick around!

Jenn, wife to John
Mama to Kayleigh (6), Ethan (4), Norah (1), & Charlotte coming 11.09
#53 of 59 Old 01-16-2008, 12:29 AM

HCM, this site talks about whether or not pneumonia is contagious:

http://www.kidshealth.org/parent/que...revention.html

Sounds like you did the right thing in having Grandma head home!

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#54 of 59 Old 01-16-2008, 01:23 AM

I've had on and off contractions today, with intermittent bloody show (another TP watcher, here!), but nothing really consistent happening. There seems to be a few of us in the same boat - lots of early, non-productive action, but not progressing into the real thing.

I hope somebody has a baby soon!

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#55 of 59 Old 01-16-2008, 01:50 AM

thanks for the link, to-fu. i don't want to be the ddc drama queen, but it's gotten me really worried about germs and stuff. i have been in *so much pain* these past few days from something so small as a virus. and i shudder at the thought of being a nicu mom (again), were the baby to get rsv. so i want everyone to get better and i want to eliminate any excess germs from this house asap. and, you know, i don't want grandma to suffer. my other kids are extremely high-energy, nonstop sorts. and they really take it out of ya. so i know she'll get better faster in her own home.

anyway, it sounds like there are so many of you ladies who are so close to holding your babies... or at least getting productive labor starting. i wish you all tons of luck and send you big virtual hugs. i get really excited when everyone starts laboring, but then i know that you'll have your babies in your arms and you'll be on "the other side," and you'll be really busy, and, well... i'm just going to miss everyone.

hcm

#56 of 59 Old 01-16-2008, 02:01 AM

So, there is nothing going on for me yet. But then this is my first and I still have 2 week to go to my due date. But I have dropped a little so that is progress. I am getting excited!!!
#57 of 59 Old 01-16-2008, 02:13 AM

Ugh. I spent the day throwing up and sleeping. I felt better at one point and then made the mistake of drinking something and felt worse again. I had no fever but I was dizzy, light-headed, and somewhat cold (though I've been keeping the apartment colder than usual in an attempt to lower our electricity prices/usage) in addition to the vomiting. Thank goodness dh was off today or I would've had to deal with the kids alone. I'm feeling much better now so I guess it was something I ate last night. Even drinking water earlier made me throw up, it was disgusting. I was supposed to spend the day cleaning and getting things in order since dh was going to be here to watch the kids so that is annoying in itself. He's off tomorrow too so I'll hopefully get something done then.

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#58 of 59 Old 01-16-2008, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post
i get really excited when everyone starts laboring, but then i know that you'll have your babies in your arms and you'll be on "the other side," and you'll be really busy, and, well... i'm just going to miss everyone.

hcm
That's really nice. I mean really. But we'll all be together again in New Babe - there are monthly threads that everyone can follow/contribute to, right?

But you are right - life will be really busy when the babies are all here. Especially for those of us with #3 coming! Eek!

I'm going to go take a bath and go to bed. I'm sure I'll still be here tomorrow...pregnant.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#59 of 59 Old 01-16-2008, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by impromptukiss View Post
welcome amanda! i'm due the same day.... good luck, and stick around!
Jen,

I will stick around, I don't have any family near me (they are in MD, I'm in FL), so it will be nice to ask questions, and get answers from experienced, like-minded mammas. I am planning a homebirth, and noticed you are planning one as well, yippee!

~Amanda&BabyMac

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page