Daily Check in for 1/15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 04:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thought I would start the new thread since I can't sleep and I am awake.

It is 2:18 am here I am wide awake still pregnant not a sign of labor and I am 39 weeks and 4 days

Anyone else up yet? I hope I can go back to sleep soon...

Going to have a Peanut butter sandwich now :

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
#2 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 04:50 AM

well I am still up although it's not quite that late but it sure does feel that late....how are ya feeling tonite? I am feeling very large but what is new with that?
#3 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 05:00 AM - Thread Starter

Feeling BIG!! But not quite as hungry anymore now that my PB sandwich is gone

yeah I went to bed a while ago around 10 pm and now I just feel like it is morning already but it is only 3 am

#4 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 05:17 AM

I'm up Just got done snacking. My hearing is super sensitive lately, so I have a hard time falling asleep with DP & the dog both snoring Last night I sent DP to the couch cause I was going crazy trying to fall asleep. I figured tonight I'll just stay up till I'm too tired to keep my eyes open. After all, he's the one who gets up at 5am to go to work. I sleep till almost noon
#5 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 05:46 AM

I'm up snacking, too. It's 12:45 here right now. Good morning (good night?) to all the other pregnant night owls out there!
#6 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 07:11 AM

5:00a here and I'm still awake, as usual. Bah! Just had a bowl of Cocoa Pebbles though, so as soon as the sugar rush wears off I'm hoping for a crash.

38+3 and not feeling like anything is going to happen any time soon.

Had my GBS test today (yesterday now) and it came back NEGATIVE. Yessss!!! Feeling pretty good about that.

Took a bath with some eucalyptus aromatherapy tonight and am trying to relax and be patient. It's, um, not very easy.

Hope all you other mamas are sound asleep!

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#7 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 09:01 AM

Today I get to go grocery shopping. Woohoo! We've been scraping the bottom of the barrel for a while and my 'snack box' that I keep hidden in my room is empty. Now I've got to figure out meals that my DH could manage to cook in case baby comes soon. I don't think we can live off his three standard meals; tuna sandwiches, pancakes and french toast. He tried to make ramen once. It was not a pretty sight. Drunken frat boys can make ramen but not my DH! I love him dearly but the kitchen is not a good place for him.
#8 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 09:23 AM

I've been having contractions that are somewhat regular since last night. Hopefully I'm making progress!
: Labor vibes to all the other ladies that need 'em!

Mama to DS (3/7/06)om.gif, DSD  hearts.gif(11/17/02), DD (1/16/08 )energy.gif ,  DS2 (5/30/10) sleepytime.gif and Baby Quinn angel.gif (R.I.P 3/22/13)

#9 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

Lots of Labor vibes to you aaronsmom...

Well Finally went back to bed at 4 am..it is now 7:30 am here..My DH went to work I am here feeling so tired and my kiddos are wanting everything....but that is the life of a 3 and 6 year old I guess.

Everything is still the same and nothing to report !

#10 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 10:19 AM

I really thought I was in labor this am! I woke up at 4 with contractions and finally got up at 5- I sat on the couch and held and pat her little booty and asked her to wait a little while until her Dad and brothers aren't sick anymore (resp. crud). I told her to let them get well and then we can clean the house together. Haha- they slowed way down and are now 45 min apart or so. I guess they are just bh, but I was almost certain they were the real deal.

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif
#11 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 10:30 AM

i'm 39 weeks today! i've never hit 40 weeks, it seems kind of crazy that i could very well be having a baby in the next week! i so close to being ready now, mentally. i wasn't for a long time (uh, 9.5 mo, lol), and the past couple of days it just seems .... right.

friday would be a good day to have a baby. initially i didn't want to birth on a friday because that is my neighbor's karaoke night, lol, and we have SUPER THIN walls ... but it would work out well. dd has off pre-school on monday, so she wouldn't miss any real days, my mom could make it up for the birth, and dh wouldn't have to start his baby leave until monday giving him 12-13 actual days off with us .... dd DOES have a birthday party sunday, though. hmmm ... lol.

of course, baby will come when she's ready, lol.

Jenn, wife to John
Mama to Kayleigh (6), Ethan (4), Norah (1), & Charlotte coming 11.09
#12 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 11:10 AM

sending labor vibes your way aaronsmom

I feel very weird and tired this morning. I can't seem to stay out of the bathroom and I lost a little bit of plug this morning. I'm going to go lay down now and hope something happens.
#13 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 11:15 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Is it the 15th so soon? Seems like time is dragging and then speeding by at the same time.

Still pregnant and large and feeling a little tired of the waiting game. Dh had his last major work committment yesterday and we are all set to have this baby. Of course, all of my strong bh contractions have stopped and I think the baby has even moved a bit up and off my cervix. So, I think I am in for the long haul.

Good labor vibes to all those who need them this morning.

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#14 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 11:48 AM

well i'm also 39 weeks today. i wouldn't say that i'm having contractions really, but i have been crampy since 2am. i'm not sure if that means anything. i don't remember being crampy when pregnant with ds, i just suddenly started having contractions.

just wanted to tell everyone to keep othersomethings in their thoughts today. she posted that she thought she was in labor yesturday. we have the same midwife and my midwife called this morning to cancel my appointment because she was transfering a mother to the hospital. i'm just making a guess that it was othersomethings. i'm sure it could be anyone else, but there is a pretty good chance, as she hasn't updated us here yet either since she said she thought she was in labor. midwife did say it wasn't an emergency transfer, and everyone was okay. lets keep them in our thoughts and prayers today just in case it is them.
#15 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 12:02 PM

Glad to know I'm not the only one who's not sleeping at night! I wake up about every hour. From 3-4am I couldn't sleep and thought about coming downstairs and getting on line. Everyone says get as much rest as you can now. Yea right!!! My due date is the 19/20 and I'm already 90% effaced and really low. I've dialated to 1 and have some contractions but nothing regular. I've been waiting for my mom to arrive (she'll be here today). Then I'm planning a nice long walk. My DH and I are as ready as we're going to be (expecting our first) so I'm ready to get things started....I think

Just want to say that finding this website and discussion group has been wonderful. I've really enjoyed all of the wisdom and comradery over the past few months.

Happy Birthing.....
Katie

Katie : mama to Cedar (1/08) lovin my DH
#16 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 12:19 PM

Just found these daily-update threads. Cool beans. I'll jump in. I'm due on the 27th. My 38 week appointment was yesterday, and I was dilated 1-2 centimeters. This morning I lost my mucous plug. I've been having noticeable contractions since last night, but they're all sporadic and I can still function during them. So, I'm just playing the waiting game. It could be any moment or it could be weeks. I'm pretty excited regardless.

Good labor vibes to everybody who needs em! :
#17 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 12:25 PM

thanks, kehliouise, for letting us know about othersomethings. hopefully, it's not her...

i SLEPT last night! (cue the sound of trumpeting cherubs or something like that)... well, i didn't sleep all night long or anything, but hey, i got more than 15 minutes here and 10 minutes there. it was glorious. yay meds (don't quote me on that! it's not my standard position!) i awoke this morning horking out stuff all the colors of the rainbow, so it looks like this infection is on its way to clearing up. throat still hurts, but not so unbearable that i'm not breathing easily now. thanks for all the well wishes, everyone!

my fundus is still painful, on account of all of the coughing i've been doing lately. i have a heating pad out, and i'm gonna try that for a while.

MIL has found herself in the middle of the same bug that has been plaguing us (she's been staying with us for the past few days, thankfully!)- though her symptoms are a little different, it's clearly the same infection. she just got an appointment with her doctor back in her home state, and she took the kids with her! grandpa is gonna watch them while she's in her appointment, and she'll bring them back later this afternoon, after they've had lunch. how about that?!? pretty great deal for mommy. so now i can finally get around to packing my bag for the hospital, listening to some relaxing music by myself, and generally trying to center my thoughts a little. good deal.

anyway, i'm here, hacking up all sorts of lovely gunk, but in so much better spirits and strength than i have been since friday. hopefully, i'll have a while longer to buff up before the baby decides it's time, but for everyone else out there eager to hold their little ones in their arms--- i wish you lots of ELV today.

catcha later,
hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#18 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 12:32 PM

Glad to hear you're feeling better HCM.

To continue the carseat conversation from last thread...any ideas whether the Safeseat works well with any inexpensive easy-to-steer tandem (I think that's what it's called -- the kind where one child is in front of the other?) strollers? I want the Safeseat b/c DS1 was too long for his Graco between 3 and 4 months, but I don't want to buy a carseat until I choose a stroller... DS1 is only 14 months, and while he walks pretty well, I'm not comfortable letting him walk most places...even the parking lot...because he likes to run. The benefit of a bucket, IMO, is that you can take the baby in and out of the car w/o waking him/her, but I don't think I could either carry DS1 + a bucket or maneuver a stroller while carrying a bucket, so I need a stroller that will carry both. I'd want the one in front of the other b/c it's easier to steer in grocery stores and such. Ideally, the front seat would be able to swivel so the children could face each other once baby2 was big enough to sit in his/her own seat, but I know that's usually more expensive.

So....any ideas?
#19 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 12:48 PM

39+2 here. I keep telling the baby that today or tomorrow would be a great day to be born since daddy has the days off but I don't think she's listening

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#20 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 12:51 PM

Glad you are starting to feel a little better HCM.

Hope this is it for you aaronsmom!!!

I'm here and it seems I am getting yet another cold. This is absolutely ridiculous. I have been sick since the beginning of November. I have never been sick like this before....cold after cold and then the flu over Christmas. I really hope this baby comes out soon. Oh and I just now remembered that I forgot to pick up air filters from the grocery store this morning. Darn!

My oldest (4) is really acting crazy lately. He is up anywhere from 3 to 12 times a night. Yes, I just said 12. My youngest has the cold that we all had a few weeks ago with the coughing non stop. He is whiny and feeling yucky and I don't blame him at all.

So I am tired. And tired of being tired. Bah. 9 days "late" puh-lease come out so I can cuddle and kiss you little one!

Alicia mama to 3 boys 6 and under.
#21 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 01:01 PM

Lots of ELVs headed your way, aaronsmom!

Glad to hear you're feeling somewhat better HCM - being in better spirits means that your body is healing!

I had painful, non-regular cramps last night - I refused to get my hopes up and call them contractions - and bloody show, which was encouraging, but it all petered out when I went to bed. I would be woken up once in a while by a painful cramp, but mostly it was dh's snoring that kept me up. So, I was off to the couch again.

41+5 today. The dr has put me on the induction list for Thursday, so I have some time to get this baby out before then, I hope.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#22 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 01:39 PM

38+1 here. kehliouise- I never was crampy with my first pregnancy either but I have been off and on with this pregnancy. Must be a second pregnancy thing! The baby feels SO low! Supposedly she did drop a couple of weeks ago. I really want to take the kids sledding!! When I took them sledding before Christmas, I got TONS of contractions afterwards, must be because of all that climbing up the hill. We just don't have enough snow, it all melted a couple of weeks ago.
#23 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 01:51 PM

I should have logged on here last night at 3:00 am when I was up! It looks like I wasnt the only one. I do feel kinda funny today though. I feel a bit crampy and just off in general. I know this could last for weeks but everyday I feel noticable changes that point in the direction of baby coming! Im actually feeling a bit scared! I have had 2 vbacs before so I know I can do this Im just not looking forward to transition!!

I bought a new vaccume cleaner yesterday and stocked up on food. It totally wore me out to go to the store but its done and now I have to actually use the new vaccume!!

Im so glad you are feeling better HCM!!

Angela
#24 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 02:38 PM

good morning (at least here)

today is the first day that the sun has been shining in a few weeks (we are in vancouver BC) so im itching to get the kiddos and dogs outside for a nice forest walk.

i saw my midwife yesterday and she did a sweep which, believe it or not made all of the cramping i had that morning and the night before GO AWAY...i guess baby isn't ready. she must be a slow cooker like her big sister. who now that i think about it was the best thing in the whole world that ive ever had to wait for, so i know its worth the wait...i can put my other things on hold. my son getting back to school, our little snow surrounded house in the country, my need for quiet and privacy living in my mothers house is..a bit stressful for me, but worth getting to have my midwife and homebirth so i shouldn't complain, right?

im feeling energetic today. i didnt get a great sleep. my dp had insomnia and turned the tv on in the room where we sleep at like 3am. thanks dude.
and both kiddos and their toys were in the bed last night... but i can have a nap today if i so feel like it.

happy baby having if today is anyones special day!

aaronsmom: ive been thinking of you!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#25 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 03:44 PM

I think the best thing about Hypnobabies so far is that I have never had a problem sleeping. A few weeks ago I kept waking up bright and early at around 6 because I was famished, but other then that, Im so thankful.

41 weeks 3 days at this point. Yesterday I had some cramping but nothing even remotely regular. I have felt more pressure on my cervix, so I feel like atleast I'm making progress.

I am annoyed that pretty soon Im going to have to go to the store again, and Im sick of cleaning every week and thinking, okay baby, everything is ready, you can come now. I just want to hibernate and not leave the house.

happymomma, so sorry you are feeling sick again.
#26 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 04:15 PM

Can I just have a sign... some pink on the TP PLEASE??? Anything?

I have a little cervical pain... little twinges that are quite new, but nothing else. Kind of feels like when they do a pap smear for a brief moment. My mom thinks she dropped, but I don't feel any different.
#27 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 04:18 PM

41 weeks today!

My spirits are much improved, so at least if I DO go into labor I can excited about it instead of feeling overwhelmed. Yay!!

It snowed last night, and iced up the hill by our house. DH called on his way to the park & ride (on his bike, thankfully---he probably would have wrecked the car) to say that I should stay put and NOT go into labor today. There was even a police car blocking the hill because he couldn't make it up. This hill is NOT that bad!!

DS and I got all bundled up and went for a walk around the neighborhood. That was really fun, and killed an hour or so. I got some sweet pictures, too, which the grandparents will enjoy.

We're now snuggled by a fire, making more waffles (left-over batter from breakfast this morning) and reading books. Looks like it'll be a lovely day! If the roads melt a little bit more, I'd say it's a GREAT day to have a baby!

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#28 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my kidlets and me View Post
L mostly it was dh's snoring that kept me up. So, I was off to the couch again.
Oh Mama! I feel you, the snoring can be the worst. At my house it's DP & the dog all at once. I refuse to sleep on the couch so I send them both out of the room Poor boys. Miraculously though, last night neither of them snored So I let them stay...
#29 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHatBrat View Post
Can I just have a sign... some pink on the TP PLEASE??? Anything?
that has me chuckling to myself. i'm not wishing to go into labor anytime immediately, but i obsessively scan the toilet bowl every time i pee, in case there's any MP in there. it's a little embarrassing, to be frank.

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#30 of 59 Old 01-15-2008, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post
that has me chuckling to myself. i'm not wishing to go into labor anytime immediately, but i obsessively scan the toilet bowl every time i pee, in case there's any MP in there. it's a little embarrassing, to be frank.
lol. well, i was so paranoid this pregnancy, after my mc last time, i was checking for blood up until i'd say 32 weeks? now i've been checking for it again, but for another reason since 37 weeks. i need somethign to obsess over, lol!

Jenn, wife to John
Mama to Kayleigh (6), Ethan (4), Norah (1), & Charlotte coming 11.09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page