Daily Check-In for 1/16 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 01:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nothing. no signs, which i'm glad about at the moment. add me to the list of those with sick kids. my youngest woke up with a fever and is def. sick with something. i'm sure it will spread to my oldest in no time. maybe the baby will wait until this weekend and everyone will feel a bit better by then.
#32 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 02:11 PM

mykidletsandme and simplehome,
Since we are are post date and approaching that magic 42 week number and inductions.. I have to ask, did any of you think of castor oil?

I just opened that conversation with my midwife yesterday and today Im super impatient.. I just want to get it over with already, it was nothing I had ever planned and I'm not looking forward to it. I just worry more about its effects on the baby the further along I get, so each day seems like more risk.. but my appt isnt till tomorrow.

Anyone have some words of wisdom?
#33 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahirakids View Post
I am sick...I was up all night long throwing up and had severe severe stomach cramps. They finally got a little better by 5 a.m. My dh and I are completely wiped out and to top it off we could not get a hold of my midwife only my doula we ll tried the midwifes pager,home phone and email but nothing...

She is coming today for our 39 week visit...

Off to try and rest some....
Oh, my gosh I would be SO upset if I couldn't get a hold of my midwife!!!!! I'm glad you're feeling better.
#34 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 02:56 PM

As for me... today would be a perfect day to have a baby. It's my grandfathers birthday... and he died before I was born so I'm really hoping and wishing. But I honestly don't feel like it's the day.

I have a midwife appointment tomorrow as well, and she said she'd check progress and strip me if I wanted, although I'm not sure about being stripped. I had it done before and although I went into labor after 3 days both times, I was awful crampy for those 3 days.

I thought it was IT again last night, but as soon as I actually grabbed a watch, they stopped and now I'm only contracting once an hour or so.

Hypnomama: I've heard castor oil works for about 60% of those that take it after your EDD, so it's worth a try. Some say it can cause meconium staining from baby.... but no one has ever brought proof when they argue that. (And since I haven't tried it myself, I haven't looked it up either) I'm not sure if I could do it... I gag way too easily and I'm afraid it would cause the nausea and vomiting in me.
#35 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 03:17 PM

for all the sick mamas out there. Get better NOW!

I'm 38+6 today. Had a mw appointment yesterday. We talked about the slowing fetal movement and my high sugar levels lately (I'm gestational diabetic), and they sent me for a NST and a consult with an OB. He gave me two options: go on insulin for the remainder of my pregnancy, or deliver the baby this week. We chose to deliver the baby this week. I know most of you ladies aren't keen on inductions, but I've been really worried about this baby the whole pregnancy. Something just hasn't been sitting well in my heart about his health and well being. The induction is scheduled for tomorrow morning.

So, today is officially my last day of being pregnant EVER. It feels a little weird, a little unreal, and a lot nerve-wrecking all at the same time.

So, I'm off to take dd for a bike ride. Enjoy your day, ladies!
#36 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 03:18 PM

my kidlets and me, simplehome, and everyone else approaching 42-- i really admire you guys for your patience (even though i know you probably feel like you've run out of it). know that we're all pulling for you.

just got back from the mw's, which was fine. she also took a good listen to my chest, to confirm that i do NOT have pneumonia (like grandma does, who is in horrible shape back at her home). but i confessed that i hadn't been feeling the baby move as well as i've been used to, and she thought it would be good to get a NST and read on the fluid levels. so we did that, and everything looked really great. the ultrasound tech also confirmed that like my previous 2 boys, this kid has gigantic feet, one of which he has stretched out and propped directly up against the top of my uterus (i could have told her that!). i guess the tech thought it was a pretty comical position to be in, that he is clearly making himself comfortable.

that's fine with me. i'm in no hurry. let him stay all comfy and cozy for now.

and why is it that i have a new and extremely soft, comfortable mattress, that i toss and turn on all night long, but that i can barely stay conscious for 20 minutes on a stiff, poorly angled, cold, hospital cot?

thinking of everyone today- enjoying your updates, ladies!

hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#37 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 04:44 PM

there are so many of us saying, "today would be the perfect day, or friday would be the perfect day." i have been doing this since 37 weeks. i was thinking friday would be the perfect day as well because my mother has a three day weekend from work. dh also does not have to work saturday or sunday.

i told my sister today that i would walk with her and my nephew in the MLK day parade on monday. she is the sponsor for the float that her company does. she had wanted us to walk. i told her we would because i thought ds would think it was fun. now that i am thinking about it it will probably be cold and a really long walk. i hope it isn't too bad.
#38 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 06:36 PM

We have snow flurries and my poor snow deprived children are out running around in it like it's a winter wonderland. Of course the neighbor is on his porch taking pictures of his kids amidst the flurries so I guess they aren't so odd. The last time they saw any snow was I think four years ago and that was barely enough to scrape a snowball together.
#39 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 07:26 PM

Don't have time to read the thread right now. Will try later this evening.

Nothing happening here. Had a Dr's appointment today but he just checks blood pressure, babies heartbeat, position etc so I have no idea where I am "at".

Feeling pretty grumpy at the moment. I am ready for this baby to come. So.....come on out baby!!
#40 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama_Bear View Post
for all the sick mamas out there. Get better NOW!

I'm 38+6 today. Had a mw appointment yesterday. We talked about the slowing fetal movement and my high sugar levels lately (I'm gestational diabetic), and they sent me for a NST and a consult with an OB. He gave me two options: go on insulin for the remainder of my pregnancy, or deliver the baby this week. We chose to deliver the baby this week. I know most of you ladies aren't keen on inductions, but I've been really worried about this baby the whole pregnancy. Something just hasn't been sitting well in my heart about his health and well being. The induction is scheduled for tomorrow morning.

So, today is officially my last day of being pregnant EVER. It feels a little weird, a little unreal, and a lot nerve-wrecking all at the same time.

So, I'm off to take dd for a bike ride. Enjoy your day, ladies!
and Good Luck! Can't wait to here the good news!!!
#41 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 08:44 PM

Wow, so many mammas ready or past ready to have their babies! I can't wait to see how many come tonight or tomorrow!

Wife to my Denali-climbing DH
Mom to DD born Jan. 08 and DS born Oct. 09, and "baby sister" due Oct 2013!
House mom to ten boys, ages 8-11 at a group home! Yes, I must be nuts!
#42 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 09:37 PM

4 new birth announcements! *sigh*

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#43 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 10:19 PM

Got some good news at my mw appointment today---I didn't realize that the 42 week mark is the legal limit for BIRTH CENTER births in WA, but not for homebirths. So my midwife team is comfortable going to about 42+3, which gives me three more days than I thought (through next Thursday instead of next Monday). I agreed to a NST today, and baby looked just great. I'll go in for another one on Monday, if I'm still pregnant. Here's hoping I won't be!

Another cool thing---the student midwives turn over the first of the year, so I have two brand new ones working with my mw's. They're great and all, but the ones who just left had a year more experience, and just had more confidence---their presence would have been more calming at a birth. BUT----this weekend one of the student mw's is going out of town, so a student from another practice is covering for her, and she's a CPM in Canada who is just studying here to gain certification in the US. She has a GREAT vibe, and so much experience. I'd be thrilled to give birth this weekend and for her to be there. I really like the new student as well, but.....you know.

DS has been a pill all day----he woke up at 5:30 this morning, and it certainly shows. I think I might need to go get dinner in his body before DH gets home, just to avoid a meltdown....

Feeling REALLY crampy this afternoon, but not really having contractions. We'll see if it goes anywhere....

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#44 of 47 Old 01-17-2008, 12:49 AM

Thought it would be fun to share the email I got from my IL's today....I know they're just excited and MEAN well, but as the rest of you who were ready WEEKS ago to have this baby, and have stopped answering your phones will understand, I do not find this funny in the slightest (btw, they've taken to calling the baby Zingzong, because I mentioned ONCE that DS had asked for that to be baby's name ):

We, the undersigned, hereby petition the Baby (hereafter "Zingzong")
to expedite her arrival. As members of her family, we officially
declare that Zingzong has not sufficiently considered the implications
of her delay on our persons.

WHEREAS Zingzong has generated more than a modicum of elation;

WHEREAS Zingzong's presence in our midst is long overdue;

WHEREAS it presents an unconscionable distraction to persistently
ponder when the phone will conclude the preposterous prevarication;

WHEREAS the undersigned yearn to engage in light-hearted recreation
with Zingzong;

We hereby declare a unified and unwavering desire for Zingzong to
cease her stalling tactics and complete her journey into our waiting
arms!

Signed by,

Grandpa Bxxx
Grandma Jxxx
Uncle Mxxx
Aunt Kxxx
Uncle Jxxx
Uncle Axxx
Great Grandpa Jxxx
Great Grandma Cxxx

I hate to say it, but they have just solidified our decision to send out a birth announcement email linking to the pictures on our website, then turning off all phones for a week after the birth.

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#45 of 47 Old 01-17-2008, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplehome View Post
I hate to say it, but they have just solidified our decision to send out a birth announcement email linking to the pictures on our website, then turning off all phones for a week after the birth.
You know what....that would completely annoy me too. :

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#46 of 47 Old 01-17-2008, 01:54 AM

simplehome - that would annoy me, too. But since it's not me, I'm sitting here chuckling out loud to myself. I'm so glad it's not me!

The phone has been ringing here non-stop all evening. I know everyone means so well, they've all called to wish us their best and ask if we need anything. I don't want to talk to anyone anymore! I think I'm going to turn off my ringer, too.

My MIL called today and asked if I wanted her to come out and help me pass the time away today. This woman really doesn't like me, has told my husband that she still resents me for taking her boy out of the nest (at 23. That was 7 years ago.). She's been an incredibly toxic presence in our lives for years. Perhaps she's trying to turn over a new leaf. But unfortunately, I'm not in the mood to be gracious and kind about it. She just called again and asked if we wanted her to come to the hospital tomorrow for the induction and help us during labour and show us some support. I can't really think of anything that could possibly be worse. I wish hubby would have answered the phone, because I had to field the call. I told her we were planning a really fun date day, but thanks for the offer. She didn't understand that we wouldn't be at the hospital the entire time, but I really didn't feel like explaining to her how prostaglandin gel and my cervix works. *sigh* I wish I wasn't feeling so bitchy. Then I could laugh about it.
#47 of 47 Old 01-17-2008, 02:10 AM

mama bear- i am so sorry about MIL. that's the last thing you should have to think about at a time like this. i hope that you can just shut any thoughts of her out of your mind and focus on what's really important.

i'll be thinking of you tomorrow. what time do you go in?

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page