Daily Check-In for 1/16 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 06:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, here it is... 4:30 in the morning and I'm still up, as usual. Thought I'd get our daily thread going.

I'm 38+4 today and still nothing is happening. I read into every intestinal gurgle and strange sensation, but really? This bean seems stuck. I know it's fine and I shouldn't worry--the longer he bakes, the better, and he'll let me know when he's ready. But I know we're also all at that point where we're just kind of waiting for our babies and it's hard to be patient.

So, my mantra/affirmation for today is just that: I will be patient and let my baby lead the way.

How's everyone else doing?

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#2 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 06:46 AM

It looks like today may be the day! I've been having contractions 5-6 minutes apart since about 3:30, bloody show last night and this morning.

This is my first baby, but I am feeling very strong and ready to do this.

Hopefully I'll be posting a baby announcement today or tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing well!
#3 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter

a22lamia, how exciting! I'm sure we'll all be anxiously awaiting your next update.

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#4 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a22lamia View Post
It looks like today may be the day! I've been having contractions 5-6 minutes apart since about 3:30, bloody show last night and this morning.

:

It seems as though dh is nesting. He cleaned the living room and about halfway through I went out there to keep him company. He then rearranged some furniture and took down our tree (which we usually take down on the 7th but we've been too lazy/busy to get to it) and even got me involved which was a huge feat as I've been nothing but lazy the past few days. Only problem is that now he's burnt out and ready to sleep and I'm wide awake. I'm probably going to go through more books or something in a few minutes.

My edd is the 20th, my youngest was born two days before his edd, that means I might have a baby in two days!!! Even if not, my oldest was born on his due date so maybe I'll have a baby in four days!!! (Please, please, PLEASE don't let me go "late", little unborn baby!)

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#5 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by To-Fu View Post
So, my mantra/affirmation for today is just that: I will be patient and let my baby lead the way.
Sounds good. I'm aiming for the same thing. Hard to be patient with all these birth announcements though!

#6 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 08:30 AM

Hope your day goes well AMY!

MUTTIX2- My husband was nesting this past weekened, too! I wonder if they should add it in baby books as a sign of impending labor, ha!

I'm around 38 ish weeks- started feeling stronger braxton hicks (finally!!!) that I really knew were bhs yesterday! That made me feel so good, can't wait to get today started . . . oops, better go wake up my boys! can't wait to see who is born today!

Wife to my Denali-climbing DH
Mom to DD born Jan. 08 and DS born Oct. 09, and "baby sister" due Oct 2013!
House mom to ten boys, ages 8-11 at a group home! Yes, I must be nuts!
#7 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 08:37 AM

I am sick...I was up all night long throwing up and had severe severe stomach cramps. They finally got a little better by 5 a.m. My dh and I are completely wiped out and to top it off we could not get a hold of my midwife only my doula we ll tried the midwifes pager,home phone and email but nothing...

She is coming today for our 39 week visit...

Off to try and rest some....

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
#8 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 08:43 AM

Well, ladies, this is it! Be careful what you wish for, I guess! After complaining that my pink tp led to nowhere, I started having contractions around 9pm last night. Now (it's about 3:30am) they're about 2-3 minutes apart so I'm thinking about waking up dh and ds and getting ready to head to the hospital!
#9 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJamie View Post
Well, ladies, this is it! Be careful what you wish for, I guess! After complaining that my pink tp led to nowhere, I started having contractions around 9pm last night. Now (it's about 3:30am) they're about 2-3 minutes apart so I'm thinking about waking up dh and ds and getting ready to head to the hospital!
:

#10 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 09:17 AM

yay! good vibes to you and baby!

all of us here have the flu and no one is sleeping because everyone is so achy and stuffed and cranky. my new years resolution was to not whine. but. whine

we're going to rest all day and i see the mw at 2

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif
#11 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 09:30 AM

good luck mamas!

i'm 39+1 today. i hope baby waits at least a few more days. ds woke up with a fever and a constant cough. poor kiddo. dh has duty today so he won't be home until tomorrow. gotta get the 4yo to preschool in an hour ....

Jenn, wife to John
Mama to Kayleigh (6), Ethan (4), Norah (1), & Charlotte coming 11.09
#12 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 10:06 AM

wow, amy and mamajamie- good luck ladies!

muttix and zahirakids- hope you start to feel better. seriously. being sick right now is so awful, and i'm sorry.

i actually lost some mp last night (eek!). didn't see it at all with #1, and didn't see it till laborday with #2. certainly not ready for #3 to come yet, but at 39+2, i guess i can't be too insistent upon that.

just don't know what we'll do with the kids, now that grandma is some sick, too. i'm really hoping we all have a few more days. i still feel pretty wretched. but i'm off to my mw's this morning for a check-in, and everytime i leave the house i start to get all contraction-y. guess we'll see.

my best to all of you! will checkya later,
hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#13 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 10:13 AM

To: a22lamia and MamaJamie...Woo Hoo! So exciting for you! Happy Labor Vibes to you.

To all those who are ill, I'm right there with you. I woke up with a nasty sore throat this morning. Drinking some good tea, lots of EmergenC and trying to heed it off. Nothing in the labor department, but I guess I should be greatful and wait for the illnesses to subside and the crib mattress to arrive.

Have a restful one today ladies.
#14 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 10:14 AM

38 weeks & 6 days here. Had contractions all day yesterday until around 4 & then they died out. I had discharge every time I wiped yesterday I think it was part of my plug and then last night there was a tiny hint of pink so I'm hoping its any time now.

Has aaronsmom checked in?
#15 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 10:17 AM

Here with yet another cold. Now both of my kids are sick (again). If anyone has any suggestions on how to get and STAY healthy I would love to hear them. We eat well, take vitamins, I have been washing sheets, changing toothbrushes, cleaning, opening the house up to air out the germs, you name it and it just never ends! Being sick since the beginning of November is making me lose my mind. Plus, I am worried about the little man, once he decides to come.

So, yeah, still here, still sick and still pregnant. Due date was the 6th so that makes me what? 10 days late? In any case. Here I am.

a22lamia- Easy labor vibes!!!! How exciting!

zahirakids- that sounds positively awful! Oh, I hope you get better ASAP.

MamaJamie- WOW! YAY! Can't wait for the baby update. Easy labor vibes mama!

BeanyMama- :hu I am sorry you are sick. The flu is miserable, that is for sure! I hope it passes through quickly.

Wonder if aaronsmom had her baby? Thinking of you!

Alicia mama to 3 boys 6 and under.
#16 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 10:28 AM

Still here, still nothing going on. Humbug.

We're supposed to get some kind of 'winter weather' this afternoon/evening/night. Very exciting for us down here. I'm supposed to go in to the obgyn early tomorrow morning for another round of BPP/NST tests but it's on the north side of the county which may or may not get worse weather. So I guess we'll see. And when I say 'worse weather' I mean sleet/ice that might or might not stick to overpasses and roads rather than just being in the air. We're so silly.

Quick healing wishes to all those who are feeling badly! Smooth laboring to those who are in that groove.
#17 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 10:53 AM

I like your affirmation ToFu! I think I will say that to myself through out today as well.

I see my MW today too and there isnt much to report really.

Im so sorry about the sickies going around. What bad timing. I dont remember so many people being sick around us with my last winter babies. We were sick a couple of weeks ago with the nasty stomach bug and then all of us are fighting off the cold thats going around now but its been pretty mild so far.

Heres to a happy, peaceful day of rest and healing for those of us waiting and excellent labor vibes to those in laborland!
Angela
#18 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 10:59 AM

Good morning... 38+2 here! Last night, I woke up quite a few times with contractions and cramping...
Had a wee little bloody show this morning... so excited!!
#19 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 11:03 AM

Still nothing but today, fortunately or unfortunately, we're heading into the hospital today for an ultrasound and since I'm 41+3, and we're getting another storm on Friday and our support is here now, and the doc is getting impatient, and I'm kind of ready, so kid lost it's chance to choose, my turn now and everything points to today. Sad that it didn't start on it's own, but I guess it's time. I'll start with cervidil and hopefully like last time that'll kick me into gear. Maybe I'll have news tomorrow!

Proud mama to three bouncing unschooled boys:, Ian5/02, Connor9/04, and Andrew1/08!:::: Milk Donors!familybed2.gifwaterbirth.jpghomeschool.gifselectivevax.gifdizzy.gif

#20 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 11:31 AM

39/4 today. Not much going on today. Baby moved a lot lower in the past two days. I have a cold still so baby can stay in for a few more days

Good labor vibes to all
#21 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 11:59 AM

I haven't posted on any of these daily check-in threads yet, but I would REALLY love to go into labor some time soon and have a baby tonight or tomorrow! My due date is in a week give or take a few days according to the two opinions, so it's not THAT unlikely, is it? Even though I've had precious few contractions and don't know what a mucus plug looks like yet...
#22 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 12:06 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Good luck to all the laboring moms! Sounds like today might be the day for a few of us.

I am lazying around this morning feeling really crummy. I had another awful night. Heartburn, diarrea, and lots of strong (lean against the wall and groan) contractions. This happened last week too, so I just rode it out for the night and then went to bed around 5am. Contractions have stopped and I am left feeling spent and worn down this morning.

This just be the longest labor ever. :

My lovely dh is working a half day and coming home to take dd to her piano lesson so I hang out all day and chill.

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#23 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 12:41 PM

Woo! to all the moms who are having their babies today. Easy labor and healthy baby vibes! :

Like almost everyone else, dh and I have got a touch of the local bug : I've been loading up on the vitamin C and trying to get to bed earlier. Unfortunately, I'm without a washer and dryer at the moment, so I haven't been able to wash the sheets. We've been trying to get a hasty remodel done on the bathroom and laundry area before the baby gets here. I'm hoping we get the new stackables in today. If not, I may just have to run over to mom's house to get some laundry done.

I'm 38+2 today, and there's no real updates for today yet. Monday was officially dilating day. Yesterday was mp day. I'm wondering what today will bring... if anything. We'll see!
#24 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 12:52 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
to all those that are sick - I am starting to feel better and it seems everyone in the house is feeling well, for the first time in over a month, so maybe that is a sign for the baby to come!

I am 39+4. No real signs, just strong BH here and there and I could feel cervical twinges all day yesterday, so I hope something is happening!

My house has NEVER been this clean and organized the 10 years we have lived here so that is nice and my DH is defiantly nesting, he has been cleaning up and getting rid of things that normal would be huge fights

Good luck and ELV to all those having babies today!

belly.gifSAHM, carseat geek, cattle raising woman to 5 girls (15, 10, 8, 6, 2) wild.gifand a stork-suprise.gif due in July!
#25 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 01:05 PM

Not much going on here...39 wks +1 day.

It's cold and raining outside, a good day to rest!

Sending my get well vibes, and warmest wishes to those in labor!!!

I like Tofu mom's affirmation...I'm not in a hurry, baby decides :-)

~Amanda&BabyMac
#26 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 01:09 PM

Oh my goodness, EVERYONE seems sick! I can't imagine what you're feeling.....here's hoping that all of your babies stay put until you're on the mend!

I'm also on the list of "mw appointment today". As far as I know, this will be my last appointment before they have to drop me (unless they schedule on for next Monday, but I really doubt it---that's the last day they can attend my birth, so except for talking about hospital options (which I imagine we'll do today), there's not much they can do for me at that point.

Hopefully things will happen on their own before then. DH is working from home this morning so that I can go to my appointment by myself. I haven't had any internals yet, and just in case I DO have one, I don't want DS to be there---he's gotten so used to the way appointments go, that something that different might freak him out. I also want to be able to have our conversation without interruption today, since I suspect it will be a more serious one than we've had so far.

One of my two midwives said, THREE WEEKS AGO, that she felt like I'd go on her watch. Well, I've always felt that way too, but then she went out of town and I figured we were both wrong. This baby has hung on so long that she's now back on call, so maybe we WERE right, just a few weeks off!

I had timeable contractions before bed AGAIN last night, and they actually got painful when I laid down for the night. Then they stopped. DS was up a bunch, and then up for the day at 5:30AM. DH was sweet enough to get up with him, though, so that I could lay there for another hour. I had been awake since 2:30AM, and just didn't want to face the world yet.

I'm still in pretty good spirits, though. I guess I just had to get all of the blahs out this past Saturday. The snow (ice?) is still on the ground today, so the roads are pretty bad right around here, but I think they're much better in the rest of the region. A few more hours (of melting), and it would be a GREAT time to have a baby!! Come on, baby!

Oh yeah----all of you who are sick and going to the mw's today, DON'T GET YOUR MIDWIFE SICK!!!!

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#27 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 01:43 PM

:40+5

i was sure i was going to have the baby last night, but things have kind of calmed down a bit. i had a lot of contractions in the night and mad insomnia, but nothing that went anywhere...i didnt tell anyone here, because i didnt want to get hopes up and i didnt call my midwife because i wanted to wait till things changed. im not feeling much now. i guess this is what its going to be like for #3 it sure felt like my cervix was changing though, so if i don't go into labor in a few days ill be surprised. and
it can't be THAT much longer, right? 5 days till i have an aquarius.

on a good note i finished the sweater i was working on. it just needs buttons and i'm going to knit a soaker today (stripes..green and pink). all i can say is Thank goddness for knitting!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#28 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 01:51 PM

41+6 today - I'm a little frustrated, but on the good side, I got a really good night of sleep last night. Dh took the couch (after my 2 nights there), so I didn't get woken up by his snoring.

Nothing happening right now. Contractions have stopped, just like with ds (I had painful, false labour for a week before he was induced). I'm on the list for induction tomorrow (42 weeks) - part of me is very disappointed, part of me is relieved. This has been a very trying week for me...

On the other hand, it looks like a few mamas might be having their babies today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a22lamia View Post

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJamie View Post
Let us know how it goes!

Have a good day everyone - we're off to MIL's for a visit.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#29 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern View Post

i was sure i was going to have the baby last night, but things have kind of calmed down a bit. i had a lot of contractions in the night and mad insomnia, but nothing that went anywhere...i didnt tell anyone here, because i didnt want to get hopes up and i didnt call my midwife because i wanted to wait till things changed. im not feeling much now. i guess this is what its going to be like for #3 it sure felt like my cervix was changing though, so if i don't go into labor in a few days ill be surprised. and
it can't be THAT much longer, right? 5 days till i have an aquarius.
I am having a very similar experience with this baby (number 3 for us too). Insommnia, heavy nighttime contractions and then things stall out. My midwife says this is very common for moms having their third or fourth or fifth...

Or maybe this babe is waiting for the full moon next week. :

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#30 of 47 Old 01-16-2008, 01:56 PM

well we got to sleep in pretty late this morning. it is raining and ds just didn't wake up. i would have loved to sleep longer though. i really could sleep all day.

i just found out that they are turning the water off in my apartment building all day tomorrow. that would be terrible if i went into labor and the water was turned off. i'm supposed to go see the midwife tomorrow but i was sort of hoping i could get out of it. now i figure i might as well go.

my mother is coming to visit this weekend. i'm glad she is because ds keeps asking to see her, but that means i have to really really really clean the house because she is extra critical about my cleaning abilities. as it is right now i'm tired of cleaning. i have kept the house almost spotless for weeks...just incase the baby came, but i'm just tired of trying to keep it clean at this point.

i'm so sorry that everyone is sick. i stayed sick the entire i was pregnant last time and i know it is absolutely miserable, but i can't imagine being sick, pregnant, and having to take care of other kids. i hope everyone gets well soon. you don't think it is contagious over the internet do you??? haha, jk. (but actually reading all the posts is making my throat hurt.)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page