Leaking or peeing on myself...ugh. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 01-17-2008, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
At around 1am, I still hadn't gone to bed yet, as I got off work at 11pm and was still kinda going....I went to the bathroom to pee before bed and noticed more very melty mucus plug.

I thought I was done peeing so I start wiping and then more fluid is escaping. I just wiped again and thought nothing of it. Stand up, washing hands, more fluid comes out of me. I think, "I guess my muscles are weaker than I thought and I am peeing myself." I grab a pantiliner and go to lay down. Every slight movement is a small gush or leak of fluid. I hunker down for a lovely night...

Tried to find a comfy spot and just go to sleep. Wake up, about 3am and not only was the pantiliner done for, but I was still producing little gushes... I get up to pee and change underwear...sat on the toilet for 10 minutes just letting it gush/leak at will. Then I grab new underwear, go to laydown...bam more fluid.

I walked into the bathroom highly frustrated and smelled my freshly moistened underwear.....doesn't smell like urine. I wipe myself, and it is slightly yellow/brownish...but doesn't smell like urine.

thus far no ctx. Could this horribleness be leaking fluid?

Cortney Mama to Lyra 1-20-08 and future midwife through Birthingway College of Midwifery
#2 of 16 Old 01-17-2008, 08:31 AM

It really sounds like a leak to me, and not urine at all. Have you talked to your midwife? Maybe you can give her a call in the morning

Hang in there! It sounds like something's starting to happen.

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#3 of 16 Old 01-17-2008, 08:36 AM

That sounds more like your "water" broke/leaking. When I thought my water might have broke my midwife said to put on a pad and see if the pad was wet and hour or two later. (It wasn't!) but it sounds like yours have, especially since it doesn't smell like urine. Call your OB/Midwife and ask them if not sure. But I would say that you will soon have a baby in your arms.....
#4 of 16 Old 01-17-2008, 09:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Sounds like leaking to me too! Keep us updated..... Sending good labour vibes....... :

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#5 of 16 Old 01-17-2008, 09:54 AM

sounds like fluid to me as well
#6 of 16 Old 01-17-2008, 10:33 AM

sure sounds like your fluid leaking to me. (which is exciting!)

and here, i thought i'd found another person to commiserate with on how much we hate peeing ourselves whenever we cough.

hope all goes well! it certainly sounds like things are starting to happen there!

hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#7 of 16 Old 01-17-2008, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I would guess a baby is being born!

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#8 of 16 Old 01-17-2008, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post
sure sounds like your fluid leaking to me. (which is exciting!)

and here, i thought i'd found another person to commiserate with on how much we hate peeing ourselves whenever we cough.

hope all goes well! it certainly sounds like things are starting to happen there!

hcm
I'll commiserate!

I've had an awful cough this week, and I was doing it so often I almost convinced myself I'd sprung a leak.
#9 of 16 Old 01-17-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dov'sMom View Post
I'll commiserate!

I've had an awful cough this week, and I was doing it so often I almost convinced myself I'd sprung a leak.
oh, bless you! i was suddenly feeling very alone in my incriminating statement of self-urination.

i haven't had this problem before, but i have such an awful cough these days, that it seems to shake my whole body. thank goodness for pantiliners!

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#10 of 16 Old 01-17-2008, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

It is now 8:21, have been having very spaced out, but noticably more painful, + some backache contractions. I went pee, pad is wet, huge gobby mucus plug with a good amount of bloody show.

Maybe this is it? I think I am in denial because I am a wee bit afraid of the leaking not leading to more contractions.

Called Doula + Midwife. I am going into the clinic in about an hour to see if it is amniotic fluid...if so then there is kind of a clock that I am on...if not then I guess labor is just impending.

Will inform you of more when I come back from the clinic.

***Yesterday I was thinking it'd be so great to have this baby...but...I could stand to wait...I am a bit in freak out mode now. I still have so much to do. nest. nest. nest!***

Cortney Mama to Lyra 1-20-08 and future midwife through Birthingway College of Midwifery
#11 of 16 Old 01-17-2008, 02:20 PM

i understand your hesitation to wrap your mind completely around the thought that you're actually *in labor*...

but... it sure sounds like you are!

i'll be waiting to read your updates- best of luck.

hcm

#12 of 16 Old 01-17-2008, 02:21 PM

thinking of you mama! gentle birthing vibes..

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#13 of 16 Old 01-17-2008, 11:00 PM

Im so excited to hear about your birth! Hope your night is wonderful!!
Angela
#14 of 16 Old 01-18-2008, 02:40 AM - Thread Starter

Def amniotic fluid, possible meconium though. Also, water has been broken almost 24hours...so I have 2 things kind of leaning toward my going to the hospital....

did an NST this morning, and this evening...both times baby was doing fantastic. Midwife says to get some rest and hopefully I will wake up with some longer, stronger, closer together contractions.

fingers crossed!!!

Will update again soon, hopefully with news of a baby. =D

#15 of 16 Old 01-18-2008, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoula View Post
Def amniotic fluid, possible meconium though. Also, water has been broken almost 24hours...so I have 2 things kind of leaning toward my going to the hospital....

did an NST this morning, and this evening...both times baby was doing fantastic. Midwife says to get some rest and hopefully I will wake up with some longer, stronger, closer together contractions.

fingers crossed!!!

Will update again soon, hopefully with news of a baby. =D

i hope things pick up and your are holding your baby soon!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#16 of 16 Old 01-18-2008, 05:35 PM

You're on our hearts, SeaDoula. Eagerly anticipating news of your LO's arrival! (((hugs)))

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page