Daily Check-In for 1/17 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 48 Old 01-17-2008, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 38+5 today and (of course) still awake at 6:30a. Just 9 days left until my EDD, and I have an extremely squirmy baby. He keeps twisting and turning and ramming his little butt and feet everywhere. Is anyone else struck by how strong our babies seem while they're in there? I'm really kind of impressed, given the limited space.

Having more issues with my mom and trying to stay calm about it. I really don't want my labor and my baby's birth to be tarnished by the stress she's causing (unlike my entire pregnancy). Trying to stay positive and focus on the baby. I can't wait to meet him! It's hard to grapple with the fact that it could be any minute or (more realistically) up to ~3 more weeks. Ugh!

How's everyone else doing?

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#2 of 48 Old 01-17-2008, 08:43 AM

Well I am surprisingly well, it is the 2nd to last day before I start my maternity leave, so I can't wait. . My little baby is moving so much, but I half the time I feel like there is absolutely no more space in there for her to grow but I am small, I can still close my lands end winter coat. I am excited to meet my baby and would welcome her anytime, but no signs so far of my body preparing for labor, except I dropped a little bit, i don't feel like the baby is going to drop out of me at any second. Oh well: Be patient is what I keep telling myself, she will come when she is ready!!!

Anyway I hope everyone has a good day. I am off to work.....
#3 of 48 Old 01-17-2008, 08:44 AM

To-Fu. Hope you get some peace in that relationship.

40w4d. I have been awake all night almost because when I lay down I have contractions ever 10-15 mins but when I'm up they go all inconsistent. I suspect I'm in very early labor. Maybe the next day or so it will pick up. Still no baby cork or anything. I have to go in for my BPP and NST this morning and I'm worried that since the baby and I have been up all night he's just going to want to sleep through the whole thing which is not what they want to see. *sigh* Anyway, I think I'll have the DH stay home from work today and when the tests are over come home and try to sleep (unless they come up with a seriously good reason for wanting to induce me which hopefully won't happen).
#4 of 48 Old 01-17-2008, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter

Chavaleh, sounds like positive things are really starting to happen! Here's to hoping the baby will put a good show on for the official people when the time comes.

carmelnap, congrats on your impending maternity leave!

Here's a question for the more experienced mamas: What do the contractions of early labor feel like? Are the comparable to menstrual cramps at all? Or like bad BH?

#5 of 48 Old 01-17-2008, 09:19 AM

Early signs of sinus infection over here. YUK! I DO NOT NEED THIS!

Chavaleh: Good Luck with your appointment. Hopefully things will progress today.

carmelnap: Have a great day. Working until the end was key for me for my first pregnancy. I felt really good all the way through, because I was busy? Distracted?

To-Fu: I don't find it to be like menstral cramps at all...
I know sooo many people say this, but for me it wasn't the case. It's funny, this is my third and I haven't had many contractions at all, except for yesterday. That's when I said, "Oh yeah, that's what these feel like." I swear I have pregnancy amnesia EVERY time. But anyway, on to try and answer your question...

Sometimes I have ready strong contractions that are primarily felt only in my uterus as a whole. In early labor for me, these don't hurt, it just feels like my uterus is squeezing my baby REALLY tight. Like a huge hug. However, occasionally I will have more cervical contractions, where I feel it more aound the mouth of my uterus, and therefore pressure in my vagina. These are quite a bit more noticeable I should say. It almost feels like a pull with a burn.

Anyway, on to try my neti pot!!!
#6 of 48 Old 01-17-2008, 09:40 AM

Good Morning!

38 wks tomorrow- trying to get over this stupid flu. The kids and DH are much better, that helps Baby's been quieter but still bumps me pretty often. I ordered a bunch of diaper laundry/baby bath stuff from Northern Essence- I'm so excited. I heart packages of baby stuff.

Hope every gets/stays healthy and best labor wishes to those in LL.

To-fu- Like PP said the real ones feel to me like the entire uterus SQUEEZING, in any position you get in. BH are more. Changey. I also get baby amnesia

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif
#7 of 48 Old 01-17-2008, 10:30 AM

I'm here at 41w4days I think. Sick with another cold. Both kids are sick as well. I want the babe to come out but I don't want him to come out when we are all sick...but considering we have all been sick since November I am not sure when a good time would be....maybe March?

Alicia mama to 3 boys 6 and under.
#8 of 48 Old 01-17-2008, 10:30 AM

i'm tired of coughing up this bloody gunk, but at least i seem to be getting healthier again.

last night, i realized something from my ultrasound yesterday: my baby is very posterior. and i don't know if it's just end-of-trimester hormones or what, but it's gotten me really, really worried. i've never had a posterior baby before. (this is making my mind race with all of the elements of this pregnancy that were unexpected or not what i wanted.) i am terrified of an extended back labor. my last one went in 92 minutes, start to finish, and that's what i've been hoping for again. none of my midwives has ever mentioned anything about a posterior baby, and i am really freaking scared, as i haven't learned to trust this baby to do anything my way.

so that's my little drama crisis of the morning. i'm thinking of calling the mw's, just to talk to one of them about it. i tried the whole "puppy bow" in bed this morning, but i don't know if this kid will move on my efforts, or if i'd need someone else's help to budge him at this point, or if i should just hold my breath and hope for the best. which is my least favorite option...

poop...

hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#9 of 48 Old 01-17-2008, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by To-Fu View Post

Here's a question for the more experienced mamas: What do the contractions of early labor feel like? Are the comparable to menstrual cramps at all? Or like bad BH?
I find they feel more like bad BH. Like a really tight squeezing around my belly. I haven't felt anything like menstrual cramps in any of my 3 pregnancies. hth

Quote:
Originally Posted by anudi01 View Post
Early signs of sinus infection over here. YUK! I DO NOT NEED THIS!

Anyway, on to try my neti pot!!!
Hope the neti pot brings you some relief. I just bought one and thankfully haven't had to use it yet. Do you find it helps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanyMama View Post
Good Morning!

38 wks tomorrow- trying to get over this stupid flu.
Hope you are feeling better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymomma View Post
I'm here at 41w4days I think. Sick with another cold. Both kids are sick as well. I want the babe to come out but I don't want him to come out when we are all sick...but considering we have all been sick since November I am not sure when a good time would be....maybe March?
Hope everyone is well soon and that baby gets to come out to a nice healthy home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post
i'm tired of coughing up this bloody gunk, but at least i seem to be getting healthier again.

last night, i realized something from my ultrasound yesterday: my baby is very posterior. and i don't know if it's just end-of-trimester hormones or what, but it's gotten me really, really worried. i've never had a posterior baby before. (this is making my mind race with all of the elements of this pregnancy that were unexpected or not what i wanted.) i am terrified of an extended back labor. my last one went in 92 minutes, start to finish, and that's what i've been hoping for again. none of my midwives has ever mentioned anything about a posterior baby, and i am really freaking scared, as i haven't learned to trust this baby to do anything my way.

so that's my little drama crisis of the morning. i'm thinking of calling the mw's, just to talk to one of them about it. i tried the whole "puppy bow" in bed this morning, but i don't know if this kid will move on my efforts, or if i'd need someone else's help to budge him at this point, or if i should just hold my breath and hope for the best. which is my least favorite option...

poop...

hcm
Hope the baby gets into the right position asap.

Still here. Not much happening. Lots of contractions in the evening again and they even seemed a bit regular...but alas....nothing.

Weird symptom: Anyone have sore joints in places other than the obvious ones like hips and back? My wrists and finger joints are killing me. Is that weird or what?
#10 of 48 Old 01-17-2008, 11:44 AM

39+2 here.

my two year old is going on day two of a fever and horrible cough. we were up all night & i had to forcefully give him some tylenol because he was just miserable - he was not happy about that, but then we both got some descent sleep.

my dh will be nowhere near a phone all day, so hoping today is a pretty mello day, lol.

i've been having a feeling this labor/delivery will be different from the other two ... i'm just hoping not in a bad way. i'm still curious as to why i feel baby's hiccups up so high, when she's supposedly head down. and i haven't dropped this time, where i did weeks ago with the other two .... time will tell!

Jenn, wife to John
Mama to Kayleigh (6), Ethan (4), Norah (1), & Charlotte coming 11.09
#11 of 48 Old 01-17-2008, 12:08 PM

39w1d

My first labor started with what felt like severe menstrual cramps that came very regularly. Then again, none of my contractions felt the slightest bit like BH, probably b/c DS was posterior so the discomfort was all in my lower back and the bottom of the uterus - where your uterus is when you're cramping...

I haven't been feeling much big movement for a few days, so we did a biophysical profile today, which was fine (though it took a while for baby to move) but I'm still not so comfortable with the level of movement I'm getting. My cold is almost gone, which means baby is allowed to come at its pleasure!

I'm working until I give birth, in part because I don't want to lose any of my maternity leave with the baby and a sneaky voice in the back of my head says in part because we really need the money and I don't know if I can bring myself to go back to work with two babies at home.
#12 of 48 Old 01-17-2008, 12:31 PM

Good morning, mamas! I just spoke with the hospital and my midwife. My induction has been bumped until tomorrow. I'm so frustrated I just started to cry. I haven't been able to sleep since we scheduled the induction Tuesday. I've got a non-stress test at 9am this morning.

To Fu I hope you are able to find peace with your mom, even if it's only in your head to get you through labour and delivery.

carmelnap I can't believe you can still close your coat! Is it a maternity coat? I haven't been able to do that since September! And it's been a coooold winter so far. :

Chavaleh hope this is it for you!

anudi01 I had to laugh at your pregnancy amnesia comment - it's SO true! I can't remember what labour was really like, just that it hurt. I think my mind blocked it all to trick me into having another one.

beanymama and happymomma Hope you all feel better soon!

HardCoreMom I think my baby's posterior, too. My daughter was posterior, but I had a relatively quick labour (five hours from water breaking to delivery). It was painful, because there wasn't any relief inbetween contractions. I stood in the shower with the hottest water possible pouring on my back. That REALLY helped. Also, dh massaged the palm and heel of my hand very hard. I have no idea why that worked, but it helped as well. I hope your baby turns soon. And hurry up and get better already!

HollysMom I get the weird hand pain, too. Carpal tunnel syndrome is common in pregnancy. I think that the hand and finger pain is related to that. It's not pleasant, hey?

impromptukiss I've felt the hiccups up high, too. I've convinced myself that it's because the baby's whole body moves when he hiccups, and I'm feeling the other body parts bumping up against me.

Dov'sMom I am in awe of you (and anyone else who is) still working. I stopped working at 34 weeks. I was DONE. Good for you, mama!
#13 of 48 Old 01-17-2008, 12:53 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Good morning, I feel wonderful this morning. We went to bed early last night and DTD, then I woke up about 4:30 and could not go back to sleep, so we got up at a little after 5 and dh decided to go into work a little early so we had a nice shower together, then actually got to spent 30 min with out kids this morning! I made coffee and blueberry muffins before school and got dd#1 out the door. All we have today is story time.

Now onto the stressful part. I have had my last 2 babies early (38 and 36.5 weeks) so we kinda planned the same for this one. DH planned his Jan work plans so he could take a week or so off anytime in Jan. Well, now my EDD is sat and it does not appear that I am anywhere close. I am trying to VBAC, but they are not very comfortable (and i am not sure if I am) going to far past my EDD. Right now my c-sec is scheduled for the 24th, but i am thinking about pushing it back until the 29th or 31. The problem with that being that DH has several projects he can not miss in Feb (pushed everything for jan and feb to Feb), including a training he is putting on for software he helped write the 3-5th. I really don't know if I will be ready to stay home by myself for 3 days with 4 kids and a few day old baby. Plus we have found it is really helpful for him and the other girls to bond if he is able to take that time off and babymoon together.

Plus to add to that I depend/use my MIL to watch my girls often. She lives an hour away, but in town, where the Dr is, where we shop, etc. I often just leave my girls and spend the afternoon getting all my things done and everyone loves it. Well my SIL who is 21 is having some kind of nervous breakdown/depression/bi polar - some type of mental problem (this has all happened in the last 2 weeks) , so she is home from college and basically on 24 hour suicide watch at their house. Mil and FIL are totally stressed over it (as you can imagine). MIL is basically not sleeping, because she is watching SIL all night, because she gets up and wonders around all night long, plus she can do nothing during the day because she is babysitting SIL. So I am not real comfortable leaving my girls right now (which is making MIL sad because she thinks we don't trust her to keep them safe), and SIL even more upset, because "people are treating her differently". Plus she is supposed to come stay at our house for the couple of days we are in the hospital. We talked to them yesterday and they think they just want to bring SIL down with them to stay here - it would be good for her. This scares the CRAP out of DH and I. I am not comfortable having that in my space right now, plus I worry about the girls being taken good enough care of my girls, house animals, plus SIL. My other SIL lives a couple of mile from us, but has a 6 month old and gets stressed out watching my 3 plus hers for more than a few hours, so I have no idea what we are going to do :cry

3 months ago, we had tons of people always willing to watch our kids (more than we wanted) MIL is almost always available and my mom and dad lived about an hour away and my dad works from home so he could too. Now my parents just moved 12 hours away to be closer to my grandparents (had an opportunity they could not turn down) and we have no one

Sorry this got long and ranty - I have none IRL to talk about this to

Good luck to those that need ELV and welcome and enjoy to all the new babies!

belly.gifSAHM, carseat geek, cattle raising woman to 5 girls (15, 10, 8, 6, 2) wild.gifand a stork-suprise.gif due in July!
#14 of 48 Old 01-17-2008, 01:02 PM

Still gestating! Got more than 3 hours of sleep last night, so I feel a bit more well-rested today. DS "slept in" until just before 6AM, so we've been up for 2 hours and the sun is just starting to come up. Could have been worse!

DH went to the climbing gym this morning, since we were up early anyway and he won't get the chance for a while (they open at 6AM T&Th, and hopefully we'll have a baby by Tuesday!) I hope that helps his spirits. He's just not himself lately, and doesn't really know why. He NEVER gets headaches, but he's had one every morning for about a month and feels cold all of the time. Pretty tired, too.

I spent the late evening telling myself that I was going to make it my #1 priority today to come out of my fog and have enough attention span to play with DS. He is NOT the kid of person who wants to play by himself, and has always insisted on having me as a play partner. I'm hoping that in another 1.5 year or so that this sibling will help him out a bit there. I'm still feeling foggy and disconnected today, though, but we've made granola so far, and luckily he wants to play in the tub, so he's happy right now.

Soooooooo many babies born the past few days! I'm both at peace with still being pregnant, and also getting a little nervous. Luckily the jealousy has not set in yet!

I'm trying to keep us home from a lot of the kiddo activities we would normally do because EVERYONE around us seems to be sick and we are WELL! I'd like to keep it that way. After the sun comes up and warms things a bit, I think we're going to go hiking today, just the two of us. Hopefully the place we're heading won't have too much snow, because DS' snow boots don't fit anymore and he'll be in rain boots with thick socks. The elevation isn't that high, but given the fact that we still have snow in our yard from the snow on Monday....who knows? It'll be an adventure for him, at least, and a distraction for me.

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#15 of 48 Old 01-17-2008, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama_Bear View Post
Good morning, mamas! I just spoke with the hospital and my midwife. My induction has been bumped until tomorrow. I'm so frustrated I just started to cry. I haven't been able to sleep since we scheduled the induction Tuesday. I've got a non-stress test at 9am this morning.
Oh, Mama Bear, I hear your frustration (I answered your pm before I checked here)...I haven't heard from the hospital yet this morning, so it might not be the day for us, either.

Well, I'm at 42 weeks today and still nothing other than occasional, painful (but not the real thing) contractions. Argh.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#16 of 48 Old 01-17-2008, 02:10 PM

jessmcg-- I hope everything works out for you!!! Sorry that things are so stressful.

I know no one wants an induction... here's hoping that everything works out for you ladies faced with a deadline.

To-Fu-- I feel the same way you do. What's early labor gonna feel like??? Ahhhh I'm so curious but it seems that it's different for everyone. Personally, i get a lot of bh... some I notice and others just happen without me giving it much attention. For me I either feel tightening and/or mild to moderate menstrual-like cramps. I found this site http://birthingnaturally.net/ that has some pretty good info for first time moms. They do a good job of explaining different stages of labor.

hcm-- hopefully your baby turns! My doula said if my baby was posterior I would have to get on my hands and knees, she'd straddle me and push all around on my back. Hopefully something will work for you. I've heard a lot of babies turn during labor.

I was nesting like crazy these past few days... I organized my entire kitchen yesterday. I can't believe i did that-- i live in an old house and w/ old cupboards that go all the way to the ceiling + i'm only 5'2 so I had to climb on a mini-ladder the whole time.

Today i'm tired, haha, so the nesting has taken a break. The thought of doing any cleaning makes me want to go curl up in bed.

I'm thinking this baby is waiting for all these little tasks to be completed...
#17 of 48 Old 01-17-2008, 02:14 PM

hey mamas,

im feeling okay.. super sad for gratefulbambina who lost her baby last night
its so intense how close birth and death are to each other.. i dont know how i would manage losing a child.

i slept really well last night. i went to a mdc mama knit that we do every 2 weeks here in the city and drank caffeinated chai tea and didn't think i would sleep at all, but i was so tired once i actually put my head on my pillow, i don't think i even got up to pee in the night.

still feeling crampy, but not really much else. tomorow is 41 weeks.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#18 of 48 Old 01-17-2008, 02:16 PM

yeah, i am really, really aching for gratefulbambina/carrie today. it puts everything else in perspective. i'm having a hard time feeling excited about anything right now.

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#19 of 48 Old 01-17-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post
yeah, i am really, really aching for gratefulbambina/carrie today. it puts everything else in perspective. i'm having a hard time feeling excited about anything right now.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#20 of 48 Old 01-17-2008, 02:18 PM

Hi Mamas,
Spent most of the morning crying for gratefulbambina. I can't imagine going through that and it scares me greatly as I approach 42 weeks. Im just super emotional about it all and wish this baby could just hurry up and arrive.

I have a biophysical profile today and then a midwife appt. But it looks like StrawHatBrat is in labor, so I have no idea if Ill get to see my midwife. Which, although I am super happy she is in labor and so relieved we arent in labor at the same time, this is a kinda big appt and I was so hoping to get my membranes swept and deal with the big talk about when I run out of time as well as get a plan on taking castor oil and whatnot. I hope she has a short labor

Today just feels like a downer day where I want to lock myself in the house and consume lotsa chocolate. Ive been trying really hard to stay positive but today I just dont know if Im going to be able to win that battle.

Come out baby. Seriously.
#21 of 48 Old 01-17-2008, 02:31 PM

39 +2 today.
Got up and made biscuits from scratch with my 3 and 4yo. They enjoyed it...Trying to make myself spend special time with them right now since I expect the next one any minute.
I will go into the midwife sometime tomorrow if I don't go today. I am feeling down and somewhat disappointed to not have a baby yet. I keep thinking everyday I don't have it is a day I don't have help afterwards as my mom is leaving next thursday. EVERYONE thought I'd go early b/c I did with #1 and #2. Well, not happening.
Saturday is my birthday, maybe I will have a little baby as my present.

So tired even though I slept fine last night.
I think I am getting that darn cold that has been making rounds in my house since before Thanksgiving. I agree with whoever it was that said the baby won't come till March if it is waiting for everyone to be well around here.
#22 of 48 Old 01-17-2008, 02:45 PM

so sad for grateful_bambina. such devastating news.

nothing happening here. baby is sluggish this AM. may go in to be monitored this afternoon if things don't feel "normal". my induction is scheduled for next thursday, but i'm contemplating switching it to monday. we'll see. at least my midwife sister could be there if i went with monday.
#23 of 48 Old 01-17-2008, 02:45 PM

I am having a crappy morning too. Nothing to go into detail about but I have 5 days until my due date and I am starting to get impatient. I am feeling not so friendly about dp being here again too. He might not even make it for the birth anyways. It snowed here last night and my mw was worried that I would go into labor last night but no such luck, just kidding! She is a ways away in the country so the roads would have been pretty hard for her. Maybe today would be a good day!

Im going to feel my heart aching all day for Greatful Bambina and it really puts my petty problems into perspective and I think I will try to get out with the kids to do something fun and enjoy what I have. Im so sad for her.

Angela
#24 of 48 Old 01-17-2008, 03:10 PM

i am sitting here on the computer typing but i am supposed to be driving to a midwife appointment right now, but i just can't seem to motivate myself to get out the door. i would have to go with ds to the appointment by myself. which means he goes crazy and the appointment usually only lasts like 15 minutes. i have to drive like two hours to get there and then two hours to get home. i want dh to go too but he has a meeting this afternoon. four hours of driving for 15 minutes of appointment! i just don't feel good this morning either. i sort of feel like vomiting. i'm having like hot flashes too. i tried to get a later appointment with the midwife but she called and told me to come now, she doesn't have any later appointments. yuck. thats great. i guess i'll go.
#25 of 48 Old 01-17-2008, 05:32 PM

Hello. So sad to hear the news about grateful_bambina. It really puts this all into perspective.

I've been cramping off and on for two weeks now, dilated to one, zero station, and 95% effaced. I'll see my midwife again tomorrow. My due date is saturday but the family came early since I seemed to be progressing. Now that everyone's here I haven't had any cramping in days and we're all sitting around looking at each other trying not to step on each others toes. This gets really interesting since 4 of us and 7 dogs are trying to move around a 14x16 living room. Aaaahhh it's getting crazy. Think I'll take DH upstairs for some good afternoon romp and see if we can kickstart this labor. Come on baby....

By the way....A few months ago I was searching around the MDC and heard about RRL tea. I've been drinking two cups a day for about two months, but remember reading something about drinking a really strong brew of it as you go into labor. It's suppose to speed up labor and help with bleeding afterwards? Does anyone know how much tea to brew up. I think it was a double dose? Just thought I'd ask.

peace, love, and hopefully labor...
Katie

Katie : mama to Cedar (1/08) lovin my DH
#26 of 48 Old 01-17-2008, 05:57 PM

39 weeks 2 days
I've been feeling really strange lately, nauseated, headachy & lucid or dizzy. I went to the midwife & she said all my vitals are fine. The baby is in perfect position & had a growth spurt. So now she's not a "runt" anymore the MW said. I still feel funny though. Is this normal? I've never been this pregnant before so I don't know...
#27 of 48 Old 01-17-2008, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypnoMama View Post
Hi Mamas,
Spent most of the morning crying for gratefulbambina. I can't imagine going through that and it scares me greatly as I approach 42 weeks. Im just super emotional about it all and wish this baby could just hurry up and arrive.
Ditto. I had a NST this morning (I'm 42 weeks today), and baby's heartbeat is low normal (about 123 bpm), but he/she wasn't moving around much, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but....well, I'm just anxious to have baby in arms and out of me. I still might be induced this afternoon - we're expecting a call from the hospital this afternoon to see if there's room.

Gratefulbambina - words cannot express how sorry I am at your loss.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#28 of 48 Old 01-17-2008, 07:03 PM

38+3

Well, I wrote a check-in earlier today, but it seems I didn't bother posting it. Well, it just goes along with the rest of the day today. I'm in a totally crappy mood. I didn't get hardly any sleep, and everything is just annoying me beyond what it should. A few inconsistent contractions, but nothing really to report.

Dov'sMom - Like you I'm still at work. Every day gets harder and harder, but I'm here until the end. I'm glad to hear that someone's going to be getting out of work though soon. Congrats! You must be ecstatic.

To-Fu - The best way to describe the contractions I'm feeling now are like if I ate WAY too much, and then a linebacker picked me up under my belly and squeezed me vigorously. Uncomfortable and slightly painful in an "Ugh! Not so tight!" kind of way. But, I can easily walk and talk and proceed as normal.
#29 of 48 Old 01-17-2008, 07:39 PM

For those of you still working- I loved working when I was pregnant with my 3 boys. I worked until I had them all. I called in "in Labor" with my first and third. It was fun getting all the attention since I was waiting tables and running banquets and events at the country club. It was fun for everyone else to share the excitement too. The excercise was great too. I feel like a slug now!

last time I was pregnant I worked with this tall handsome young stud that had a major crush on me and my big belly! It was fun to teach him how to be helpful and kind to the pregnant lady but he had no shortage of compliments, He called me his sugar mama! Boy he was hot!! It was funny that all the girls his age (8 years younger then me at the time, they were 21 and I was 29)) were jealous of the pregnant married lady because Ryan had the hots for me, hee hee!

Anyways have fun at work, Im bored!!!
Angela
#30 of 48 Old 01-17-2008, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonedpenny View Post
To-Fu - The best way to describe the contractions I'm feeling now are like if I ate WAY too much, and then a linebacker picked me up under my belly and squeezed me vigorously. Uncomfortable and slightly painful in an "Ugh! Not so tight!" kind of way. But, I can easily walk and talk and proceed as normal.
Ha! This is my favorite description so far.

Thanks, mamas, for all your answers/links/tips. I guess I'm just really anxious to meet my little guy and I want to KNOW when I'm in labor. Aeeeiiii!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page