Daily Check-In for 1/18 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-18-2008, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
glad to see you back, to-fu- i was starting to wonder.

and happy maternity leave, carmelnap! it sounds like you had a great send-off.

mb122- i am glad you've been able to make peace with the posterior position. mine swings between completely posterior and LOP, which i guess is the better kind of posterior to be in, but i'm just not feeling relaxed about labor. in fact, i am dreading it. it's such a change for me- just days ago, i was feeling strong and empowered and ready. now i want to hide with the covers over my head, which i know is the worst possible mindset to have upon entering labor. i hope that i can sort through things before then (or better yet, that he moves OA).

dahlsk- i was SO sick in the last week, and certain that i couldn't manage labor if it came before i got better. lots of people suggested that your body knows its under stress, and won't let you go into labor until you are stronger and ready. so far, it's been the case for me (i'm feeling a LOT better, not 100%)... i hope you feel better soon, and that the same holds true for you in terms of the baby waiting.

hypnomama- i've been thinking of you and that scrumptious shake. hopefully it got things going and you're holding a baby tonight. i'm sure we'll hear from you soon.

did you get the ok for the Pit, poolside, or you gonna keep waiting?

and of course, i'm thinking of mamabear and seadoula, as i'm certain you guys are in labor today/tonight. hope all is going/went well!

i'm starting to think we need to start a new roll call list of the ladies who are still around. it feels like there's babies coming out all over.

hope i have a while longer,
hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2008, 10:52 PM

I'm the only woman that can drink 4 oz of castor oil total and have NOTHING happen.

No puking, no diarrhea, NADA.

What the heck?

The milkshake tasted pretty decent, you could barely taste the castor oil and the consistency was completely masked. However, it was heavy and left me feeling pretty.. ugh.

The second dose was oj and a tsp of baking soda. That worked out much better for me. Just incase anyone else finds themselves in this predicament.

I'm really praying that my digestion is just super slow for some reason because it makes no sense that NOTHING happened after drinking 4 oz of castor oil.

Damn body, work.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:54 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Hardcoremom -- I like reading your post tonight. You sound as though you are feeling more positive.

After having a long and difficult day yesterday, I slumped into a warm bath and got a decent night's sleep. Kept myself really busy today with the kiddos, saw the midwife, and met a friend who birthed last week. I got to hold a newborn! Oh my, he was so tiny! I had this crazy moment when I realized that I have one of these little people growing in me!

And now I am really, really ready to meet this new baby. I kicked in my energy tonight, cleaned up the house, vacuumed, scrubbed both bathrooms, made dinner for the family, bathed the kids...can we say nesting? I am hoping that all that work will finally get things moving tonight.

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

Old 01-18-2008, 11:03 PM - Thread Starter

oh, lordy, hypnomama. nothing at all? maybe it's just not time. still, i'm sorry. i know you've been wanting to get this show on the road for a looooong time now.

and ruthiegirl- thanks, but honestly, i'm having a hard night. trying to be a nice "thread hostess," but i'm feeling incredibly pessimistic about labor right now, and not exactly wanting to, um... can i say it?... have a baby. i'm trusting that i'm just riding on the waves of late pregnancy hormones, but i'm seriously very depressed and anxious, filled with all of these negative thoughts and fears, feeling like it's too late to do anything constructive to fix the situation (of a posterior baby).

you sound awfully nesty, ruthiegirl. if you're ready, then i hope it's time for you!

have a good night. i'm off to exercise. that always helps me feel better. be back in a few hours...

hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

Old 01-18-2008, 11:08 PM

hypnomama.. sounds like baby is just not ready

well i saw my midwife. im 4 CM dilated! not sure why im not in labor but i guess once i do go into it, it should be quicker than not. we did the sweep and stretch and she said baby is very low now, so its just a matter of my cervix thinning a bit more..she said its still got a lot of stretch to it.

nothing else new.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 01-19-2008, 12:20 AM

38+4 for me today and like some others, there's only a whole bunch of nothing going on. Well... a few mild contractions throughout the day, but really nada.

Sounds like we've got a few mamas for whom today is the day! Congrats! Strong healthy baby vibes!

Personally, I'm about where HCM is with being annoyed and not really feeling like having a baby today. I don't have the posterior birth deal going on, (I wish you all the luck with that!) but my house is so messy, and work is such a pain, and hubby seems like he's trying to tip me to my boiling point. I really want to clean the house, but a) I'm exausted from today and b) they finally got my shower working and I've been looking forward to a warm bath for almost 2 weeks now. Tomorrow will be a new day. I will get up and get my house together, and baby can take all the time she wants. (Can you tell I'm trying to convince not only you guys, but myself too?)
Old 01-19-2008, 12:50 AM

Well, it's 6:50 here, and mw and student midwives are on their way over, and my mom has made it up as well as the friend we had asked over for dinner. The house is feeling pretty full, but I'm okay here in the bedroom for a while. Except that I don't want to sit down or lay down.

I took a long bath, then DS had the WORST meltdown I've ever seen. He is having some severe anxiety over this baby! I got out of the tub and got him calmed down, and got some dinner started. Once I got up, though, I started feeling downward pressure and much more intense contractions, so I called in the troops. I'm still feeling like it will be a while, but better to have them here, I guess. Just not sure where everyone will hang out while this watched pot simmers....

Wish me luck!

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
Old 01-19-2008, 01:04 AM

HCM, nothing.

Well, baby is 41 + 5 today and has until Sunday before we start talking medical induction on Monday. Hopefully it will get ready before then.

I suspect it is more my body then baby not being ready.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:11 AM

Hello, Jan Mamas,

Sending lots of birthing vibes to all, and extra for Hypnomama.

Tomorrow is my nephew's birthday, and my husband really wants our baby to be born then. He said, you are going to go into to labor soon. He is very intuitive, but I think he is wrong this time, and that doesn't happen very often. I have no signs of labor, so I might be right for once:-)
I'm thinking the 29th...10 more days seems like forever though, but of course we just want the baby to come when he/she is ready.

~A&Bmac
Old 01-19-2008, 03:47 AM

anyone having a baby tonight?

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 01-19-2008, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern View Post
anyone having a baby tonight?
One can always hope!

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
Old 01-20-2008, 12:36 AM

sounds like simplehome was our birthy mama! yay!!

Quote:

User Tag List