The new "Slow-cooker" mamas thread.. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 01-19-2008, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The old one is somewhere on the 2nd page and i think a lot of mamas posting on there have birthed their sweet ones by now, so i thought i would start a new one.... it seems like there are still lots of mamas waiting, but that they are mostly in the 38/39th week now..
so "overdue" or as i like to call us.. "slow cooker" mamas come out.. come out!

im 41+1 today. feeling like it could be never, or very very soon.
im at 4cm and losing lots of mucous plug today..had tons of contractions (mostly painless) last night.. maybe today, maybe tomorow?~!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#2 of 26 Old 01-19-2008, 03:34 PM

MamaFern, sounds like you are almost there!

I am 39wks4days, and I have a pretty good feeling BabyMac will be a slow- cooker, too!

Warmest Wishes for healthy baby and quick labor!

~Amanda&BabyMac
#3 of 26 Old 01-19-2008, 03:39 PM

Aye Aye-42+1 today & in the same boat w/mucous plug/show & contractions all night. This is my 3rd & I feel so clueless for this being my 3rd time. I guess I want to be this serene fountain of motherly birth wisdom, but I just feel like I don't know what's going on or why it's taking so long. I think my baby is stubbornly posterior. I made dh set up the birth pool last night & called my sister to come down from New Hampshire to watch the other kids & now we are just "hanging around". The nice thing is dh & I are doing a TON of napping today. Maybe we'll need it tonight : Good luck to any other "slow cookers" (i like that!) out there!
#4 of 26 Old 01-19-2008, 04:13 PM

41 + 3

Feeling crampy and achey, but really positive for the moment.
#5 of 26 Old 01-19-2008, 04:48 PM

40+3 today. Was induced at 41+2 with DS. Planning a HBAC- am feeling healthy. Lots of evening CTX that got regular last night, then stopped. Would be surprised if I went before 41 wks. It's everyone around me that's antsy!!!

Emily, WOHM to Joshua (05) River (08) HBAC,  Rylee (09) HBAC and Levi (coming 8/11) planning another HBAC 

#6 of 26 Old 01-19-2008, 06:56 PM

Not sure if I should join in.. I'm 40 weeks tomorrow, so technically not past my due date yet, but I was a 'slow-cooker' last time with dd, so I'm expecting that again!

~e, wife to my sweet T , mama to my turtleman (12) , sunshine (9 ), and monkey (6)
#7 of 26 Old 01-19-2008, 10:06 PM

Went 40wk 4d with DS, 41+5 with DD, so I am expecting to go around there again. Somehow I am still "Praying for a 40 week (or sooner) surprise, but in the end, I know they come when they come. I'm just trying to get at least one productive thing done everyday, so at least I feel like I have things to do.

We are all sick in the house though, except for DH...so I guess Baby should wait a bit. It truly is agonizing, isn't it?

I feel bad about something though. I find myself looking to see if anyone had there baby, but a little reluctant to post a congratulatory message. It's not that I'm not totally excited for them, it's just that I feel really anxious and (a little envious???)

I'm in such limbo. Not here, nor there. But...it's all good. On a good note, I have had a little extra bounce in my step the last day or so. Hardly any pain or discomfort really. I guess I should go clean the guest bathroom...

...or the kid's playroom, garage, kitchen cabinets, refridgerator. Okay, maybe I have a little too much to do to be on MDC. Of course I am girating on my birthing ball as I type, trying to get my suspected posterior babe, ROA!!!

Have a good night ladies. Hope you all get some good sleep.
#8 of 26 Old 01-23-2008, 08:32 PM

How y'all doing today? Just wanted to officially take myself off the over due list & put myself onto the done list! So, whose the "most slowest" now?
#9 of 26 Old 01-23-2008, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

im still here.. probably having the baby by castor oil induction tomorrow though

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#10 of 26 Old 01-23-2008, 09:41 PM

40 + 2 here! I am having contractions and had my membranes stripped and some EPO inserted. We are worried about it taking my MW too long to get too me due to the weather and Im ready and have already started dilating. I was 4cm earlier today and 50-60% effaced so I think Im ready anyways.
Angela
#11 of 26 Old 01-23-2008, 09:50 PM

Count me in. I haven't posted here since the first trimester I think. But, now I'm officially a slow cooker at 40w 5d. I'm 2-3 cm dialated and 75% effaced as of my app't today. I had my membranes stripped. I'm trying every old wives tale I have heard to bring on labor. My doctor seems to think I will go soon.
#12 of 26 Old 01-23-2008, 09:54 PM

I'm still here, too..
Either 40w3d or 40w today, depending on which date I go by (not that it really matters!). I think it will be a few more days.. and I'm okay with that since we are in the middle of completing our move and have a lot going on right now..
But I'm getting anxious to meet her

~e, wife to my sweet T , mama to my turtleman (12) , sunshine (9 ), and monkey (6)
#13 of 26 Old 01-24-2008, 02:44 AM

I'm here.. slowly baking still lol.. I don't want to go much longer.. I fear my NB will not fit into his cloth diapers... at least the NB ones.. they seem so tiny and I have big babies.. good thing i have a lot of smalls..

SO I sit and wait and walk as much as my body allows without it screaming at me at night.. I know his head is engaged ( hence all my pelvic and butt pain) and I was still 2cm and really ripe ( I didn't realize I was a fruit )
so alas doc says.. "anyday now" really??? *dripping with sarcasm*
#14 of 26 Old 01-24-2008, 09:21 AM

Ha! I've been avoiding this thread b/c I thought it really WAS about cooking...as in food!

I'm 40+4 by LMP but only 40 by O. date. Still, we are getting a bit antsy around here. Have an appt with my CNM this morning. Last week I was checked and was 2 cm. Not sure if I'll ask to be checked today. I usually plan on not, then get so curious and want to be checked anyhow.

I've had some mucous; just colorless no pink tinge. Could it be my plug or just ordinary pregnancy mucous?

Good luck, mamas!
#15 of 26 Old 01-24-2008, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie29 View Post
I've had some mucous; just colorless no pink tinge. Could it be my plug or just ordinary pregnancy mucous?
Woo-hoo! Did some research and it looks like it could be my plug working its way out! Apparently it still could be a while but at least something is happening!
#16 of 26 Old 01-24-2008, 09:59 AM

cake still gooey in the middle here too

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif
#17 of 26 Old 01-24-2008, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

i think im fully cooked! finally.

Quote:

#18 of 26 Old 01-24-2008, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern View Post
i think im fully cooked! finally.
Yay! Easy labor vibes to you! Or should I say, be careful taking the cake out of the oven! Don't burn yourself!
#19 of 26 Old 01-24-2008, 06:55 PM

Oh MamaFern! I wish you all the best! May your labor be pefect!

I'm still here...(a lurking finally coming out of the woodwork)...I'm 40 +6 and no real signs of anything progressive besides Baby dropped very low and maybe, maybe some colorless/creamy mucus chunks twice. Have had some contractions at night lately but nothing that gets very serious or sticks around too long. Trying to be patient.

Livin' the good life here in Connecticut with my DH hug2.gif and our three fabulous boys grouphug.gif(4/3/06, 2/4/08 and 5/20/10) Hoping to try for Sweet Baby #4 in December! blowkiss.gif

#20 of 26 Old 01-24-2008, 07:08 PM

Still waiting here too at 40 + 6. I just started losing my mucus plug, so that makes me feel hopeful. I've had a few mild contractions today, but I've been getting those now and again anyway.

I wish you all the best too, Mamafern!
#21 of 26 Old 01-25-2008, 10:47 PM

Well I am joining this thread...40 weeks today. I am now a slow cooker after two early babies (35 and 38 weeks) who would have thought. Come on out babies...
#22 of 26 Old 01-26-2008, 09:58 AM

Well, our OP has had her baby...who is left?

I am 40+6 today and we're all tired of waiting. It is seriously causing a morale problem around our house. We need to get out of the house today and get our minds off waiting.

I think I've lost my mucous plug, or at least parts of it. No bloody show, though. I've had BH contrax for months so I have a feeling I may ignore early labor b/c I'm so used to contrax.

How's everyone else doing?
#23 of 26 Old 01-26-2008, 10:07 AM

I'm at 41 + 1 today. We are having morale problems around here too. Luckily, we've got a few other things going on this weekend, so that should help.

I'm going for a 4 mile walk today and feel really hopeful about that giving me some contractions. I usually get some when I walk. Hopefully, they'll start and keep going. I've lost globs of mucus plug, am 2-3 cm dilated and 75% effaced, so something has got to get things rolling.
#24 of 26 Old 01-27-2008, 03:30 AM

41+1 today. I really want to meet this little guy! My midwife started me on three different homeopathics, plus the 5W herbs, but no change so far. Haven't lost any mucous plug, no bloody show, etc. I feel like I could easily still be pregnant for 2 or more weeks. My mother keeps saying I have to be "sick of being pregnant" and then the baby will come, but I'm not uncomfortable or tired or anything negative. I hope that doesn't mean 2 more weeks! It's just getting so boring...Any other ideas to move things along? My midwife advised against drinking castor oil, she said it's unreliable and causes more intestinal discomfort than any real change in uterine contractions. But everyone else I talk to says to drink it! Guess I should follow the MW advice though...Ok, off to get some rest...
#25 of 26 Old 01-27-2008, 04:20 AM

I figured I would be a slow cooker, but I was officially a slow cooker as of Friday. I was ready for this Baby 2 weeks ago, now I could actually hold off another day or two...haha...once I'm 100% healthy from my sinus infection. Yeah, anyway...this baby probably plans to go to 42 week so it's probably a moot issue.

angie6282: Pregnancy wise, I'm feeling like you. Pretty darn good, so that's another reason i think I'm staying put a little while longer.

My family is starting to get a little annoying. It's like everything is revolving around me. One sort of silver lining is that my DH has a lot of stuff going on starting tomorrow and for the next several days. So, MAYBE, baby will decide to interupt his schedule. Sometimes it works that way, yk?

Anyone else dying to see mucous plug or bloody tissue. I feel ridiculous inspecting the toilet everytime I pee, which is a lot!!!

Still nesting something serious. It's like I cannot get my house clean enough. I guess that's a good sign, but I should be resting, yk. Oyye, I just realized how late it is and I am not even sleepy. EEK, it's going to be an early one tomorrow, when my little ones wake up bright and early.

Good Night slow cookers!
#26 of 26 Old 01-27-2008, 10:34 PM

Yeah I suppose I should check in as a slow cooker.. Im 40w3d today.. grrrrr... and the days pretty much over LOL.. this is the most pregnant Ive ever been and Im ready to see this baby.. Im ready to use all the new clothes and diapers LOL..

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page