Daily Check In for 01/21 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 33 Old 01-21-2008, 04:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Okay, so I told myself if no one started it I'll do it for today. It's 2:52 a.m. and I'm MAD at myself for not being able to fall asleep yet. Dd#2 will be awakening soon perhaps for a middle of the night feed. I haven't been able to fall asleep yet. Not sure why. I am feeling tired.

Dh is going back to work tomorrow after being off for one week. My mom is going to pick up dd#1 in the morning to take her for the day. She'll do this until I finish 6 wks pp.

Sigh.

I guess I can't sleep because sometimes I feel like I haven't had a minute to myself all day. I feel tired because bfing is on such a challenging learning curve. It's exhausting at times. That's okay though. But I'm tired.

I just don't feel "in my body". Relaxed. Hmmm I didn't get my nightly footrub from dh! Perhaps that's what it is! Think I should go wake him up?

Hang in there "slow cooker" mamas. You're turn is coming......

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#2 of 33 Old 01-21-2008, 05:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well it's just about 1am for me and I am wide awake. I all of sudden just HAD to clean. I feel like everything needs to be clean at all times. Like I can't stand to see one mess. So I waited for the kids to go to bed (we are late nighters) and then I took the other end of the house by storm. It felt good and I am glad I did it. I just want to have this baby. I know I just keep saying the same thing over and over again every day.......With my DD she was exactly on time and my DS was 8 days early and now here I sit at 3 days past my due date. And I know that I am close and that soon this will all be over......I guess it's just so nice to say all this to someone. And I know we are all feeling the same way.

I just really hope ONE of us is having a baby tonight........
#3 of 33 Old 01-21-2008, 06:17 AM

I really meant to go to sleep early tonight. I even felt sleepy and started to drift off a bit around 11 or 12. Obviously, that didn't happen and I've finally given up at 3. Last night I got the living room in pretty good shape, tonight I'll concentrate on my bedroom or maybe the kitchen. I'm one day past my due date.

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#4 of 33 Old 01-21-2008, 06:48 AM

So yesterday was the baby shower, and it was great! I saw all my friends and family. The best part was that I didn't have to travel anywhere as it was held at home. Now I just need to really get serious and prepare for baby's arrival. There is still alot to do and get. Now that I know what I need. I was asleep but now I am not tired, I am just hungry Starving really. I have about a week to go before my due date comes.
#5 of 33 Old 01-21-2008, 09:31 AM

I'm up - again...dd2 has probably been up 5-6 times to nurse so far tonight, and I'm exhausted. But my milk's in (painful!), and she's nursing well - no cracked nipples this time around...yay!

OK, off to try and get a little sleep.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#6 of 33 Old 01-21-2008, 10:12 AM

38+3 today. I was sleeping great for once last night and then I had a horrible dream where I had a beautiful labor and birth and then I noticed she was kitten and I didn't know where she was and DH left her outside and she fell of a table and died. A tiny kitten. Sooo I woke up at 4 after that and couldn't feel her move until around 7, so I freaked about that for a while

No news other than quiet baby and more MP. Hope everyone is doing well

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif
#7 of 33 Old 01-21-2008, 10:37 AM

Hi all, its 8:30am in my part of the world. Sleeping was not good last night! I am ready any time for this baby to come but am trying to be happy in the place I am in! We will make it. I keep telling my self! I think... I am off to see the chiropractor thank god for that!!

*My body is indeed beautifully and wonderfully made
*I deserve to have the birth I desire
*I trust my body
*I trust my labor
*I feel the love of others around me
#8 of 33 Old 01-21-2008, 11:09 AM

hi all.
nothing to report here. still freaking out about my posterior baby. i'm not uncomfortable, but i'm too worried to sleep. it is all i think about, day or night.

just want to get in to see my mw on wednesday. she called me yesterday with the name and number of a good doula, if i think it would be worth calling someone for support. i want to hold off till after i get a good read on how the head is positioned, i think. i don't know. maybe having a doula lined up would help me feel more prepared for labor should it happen before wednesday. i just don't feel like it will, and i've never gone this early before, anyway.

so unhappy. i don't want to go into labor. slinking away now...
hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#9 of 33 Old 01-21-2008, 11:47 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post
just want to get in to see my mw on wednesday. she called me yesterday with the name and number of a good doula, if i think it would be worth calling someone for support. i want to hold off till after i get a good read on how the head is positioned, i think. i don't know. maybe having a doula lined up would help me feel more prepared for labor should it happen before wednesday. i just don't feel like it will, and i've never gone this early before, anyway.
hcm
A doula sounds like a good idea, especially if you will feel calmer knowing that you have an extra support person.

I have been thinking about you all night. I met with a friend yesterday who is a doula and labor support guru. We talked a long time about my prodromal labor -- I have been having deep, long contractions for about 10 days now. She felt my belly and my baby is posterior too. I knew something was different about this pregnancy, but didn't want to hear the baby is posterior.

She was soothing and calmed me a bit. I have always had very fast, uncomplicated labors. This one may prove itself to be longer and a bit more work or it may be just as fast or even faster. The one thing she stressed over and over is that posterior babies follow NO rules. Each and every posterior birth she has seen has been different and that no assumptions can be made. It is what it is.

My recipe till this baby come -- lots of good food and drink, lots of rest, keep my body moving and afternoons spent on the floor with my butt in the air and my face down.

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#10 of 33 Old 01-21-2008, 12:42 PM

Well, I thought Saturday was it. I woke up feeling weird. I felt like everything in the house had to be done NOW. I walked all over Target and Home Depot. I had contractions that went all day that made it down to less than 10 minutes by midnight. And then I told hubby I'd try to go to bed and if they got closer together after that, and if I couldn't sleep through them, then we were going in. Of course, I hit the bed like a brick and slept till noon. Sunday... no contractions at all. Today doesn't feel like the day either. Maybe that means it IS the day though. Tomorrow's the full moon though, we'll see if that helps.

I got the house picked up relatively well though over the weekend. Got the last few things done in the nursery. I ordered a Poster that is the final piece to that room, and then it will be 100% complete. I'll have to take pictures. It's all jungle themed and super cute. We even got a fan with blades shaped like leaves.
#11 of 33 Old 01-21-2008, 01:45 PM

im feeling silly today...don't know why

last night i went with my mom, my two kiddos, her 1 year old foster baby, her friend and her 3 youngsters to watch my dad kinda guy play hockey. it was fun for the kids..im not much of a hockey fan myself, but i got to knit and chat..then i slept well, woke dp up in the middle of the night to "do it" im still having tons of contractions, still no bloody show...midwife is coming over with some lemon verbena oil today, so that should get things going quite nicely.

baby will now be an Aquarius, not a Capricorn.. i dont know much about Aquarius except that its an air sigh, i always thought it was a water sign, what with the two waves and all..

any thoughts on astrology?

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#12 of 33 Old 01-21-2008, 02:50 PM

I thought aquarius was a water sign too. I have an aquarius so you would think I would know! Ok just googled and found this http://www.astrology.com/allaboutyou...naquarius.html
I found it interesting since it described quite well my ds2 who was born on a cusp. I also found some stuff that accurately describes my dp who is a taurus and my fiery aries self! We clash and drive each other nuts but appreciate the differences and see how we compliment each other. We just have to work very very hard!
My youngest ds was born on my birthday and is just as fiery as I am!!! He is really going to start looking before he leaps! He is bold and I love it but man he really makes my heart pound, can we say accident prone!

Anyways, Im still pregnant! I thought last night would be the night but alas I managed to fall asleep and rest well on the couch. I just love sleeping on the sofa, its so comfy! I just kinda get sucked in!
I started having contractions that actually hurt a bit and they became regular but they didnt keep me awake past 3:00.

I have had this pattern with all my pregnancies that goes like this, a few weeks before birth I nest, then I dont care about the house passionatly anymore and I get impatient after a week and sick of maintaining and always picking up after somebody.My boobs swell, I loose some mucus plug. Then I get antsy again and have at least one day where I really think "this is it" then it goes away. Then a few days to a week later I wait and then baby is born. However we have a low pressure system coming in, its my due date according to my midwife and its a full moon tomarrow. All of the above have been done and I am seriously ready. I do have to go to the store today so wait until after we do the dreaded shopping. No walmart baby for me (short on money, walmart is the devil, I dont like to even insult the devil like that!!)

So my affirmations
*I will not be pregnant forever and this is a good lesson in patience.
*Baby will probably come at a bit of an inconvenient time but thats life and we can never be truly ready for anything.
*I have friends to call if Im freaked out
*Its ok to call my MW in the middle of the night, even if its early
* I can always call an ambulance and I will know if I need to or not.
*Jaymon will get here as soon as he can and that warm embrace with be heaven!
*I can do this, Ive done it before, its just a birth and will be great!

Angela
#13 of 33 Old 01-21-2008, 03:00 PM

Nothing. Had some stomach issues last night that I was hoping would lead to some activity. Nothing. I'll try and spend a lot of the day in a hands and knees position and see if it helps the baby get into a better position.

This is the day that my OB really wanted to induce me. I really wanted 3 extra days. We'll see if anything happens in that time, otherwise, I'll be induced on Thursday.
#14 of 33 Old 01-21-2008, 03:08 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I am still here too. 40+3 for me, I have NEVER been preg this long. I am facing a repeat c-sec on thursday or next tuesday if I do not go into labor by then, so PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE pray and send ELV. I have felt all along that this baby would be born on today 1/21 (my birthday is 7/27), but I have NO signs of impending labor - this baby is quite happy where she is.

We had a relaxed easy weekend. DH went with me to get groc on sat - something he never does (this is like the 4th time in the 10 years we have been married he has done that). It was quite an experience but nice. then we just relaxed. DH has a bit of the nesting bug himself. he decided to wipe the wall behind the toilet last night because it looked dirty - we live in a 103 year old house on a dirty road - everything is dusty. The more he wiped, the worse it got, he ended up washing all the walls and ceiling of the bathroom .
No school today, so I am hanging out and letting my kids watch movies!

belly.gifSAHM, carseat geek, cattle raising woman to 5 girls (15, 10, 8, 6, 2) wild.gifand a stork-suprise.gif due in July!
#15 of 33 Old 01-21-2008, 03:22 PM

It's my due date & alas, no significant signs of baby having today. I could've sworn I was going to have this baby early. It's ok though, at least I have a chance to practice patience
#16 of 33 Old 01-21-2008, 04:25 PM

Hey ladies.... all around.

Still here. I thought maybe last night was it. Contractions were coming fast and lasting quite a long time, bit alas they disappeared. Having some pretty nice ones today and dd1 said she thought today would be the day....so maybe. I really hope so. I have an ob appointment tomorrow and since my due date is Friday he is going to send me for an ultrasound. Not a huge deal, but just sounds like the beginning of interventions I don't want.
#17 of 33 Old 01-21-2008, 05:44 PM

Still here, still pregnant. 39+2 and not a single sign of impending labor. I know it's still way early and I need to chill out, but... easier said than done.

We have a MW appointment today and my doula is tagging along. It's a balmy 23 degrees outside and I want to go back to bed. Bah.

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#18 of 33 Old 01-21-2008, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessmcg View Post
DH has a bit of the nesting bug himself. he decided to wipe the wall behind the toilet last night because it looked dirty - we live in a 103 year old house on a dirty road - everything is dusty. The more he wiped, the worse it got, he ended up washing all the walls and ceiling of the bathroom
:

Jessmcg, mb122, Hollysmom, MAMArabbit, Mama Fern, Angela B, HCM, Muttix2, hadassah (and anyone else I forgot, excuse me) - here you go: ELV : : :

Well over here we are nursing lots and I'm lounging around with stinky armpits. Maybe time to take a shower? Tomorrow I have to take dd#2 to the midwives' office for the 10 day check up. I guess we'll both need a bath for that. Dd#2 and I spend so much time nursing skin-to-skin that dd#1 asked me, "Mommy, do babies wear clothes?" And she keeps asking me why I'm walking around naked (but for panties) all the time. So funny!

I've been trying to eat lunch for about 3 hrs but with nursing and diaper changes and more nursing etc. it's been a slow go....

Have a good day Mamas....

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#19 of 33 Old 01-21-2008, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emese'sMom View Post
:

Jessmcg, mb122, Hollysmom, MAMArabbit, Mama Fern, Angela B, HCM, Muttix2, hadassah (and anyone else I forgot, excuse me) - here you go: ELV : : :
no no no! not me! not yet! :

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#20 of 33 Old 01-21-2008, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

Oops! Sorry HCM!! I take it back!

#21 of 33 Old 01-21-2008, 06:35 PM

that's ok!

i'm really sorry about your bfing issues, btw. wish i had some constructive advice. i do know that sometimes babies take a little while to get the hang of things. my still-nursling is a champ at the boob, but it was well into our second month before we got things all smoothed over. it sounds like your daughter's growing just fine, though, so that's a wonderful sign.

#22 of 33 Old 01-21-2008, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks. Yeah, I'm expecting things to get easier as time goes on. It's good to know that timelines like "2 months" are within the range of normal for improvements to breastfeeding issues. Instead of feeling like I have to throw in the towel right away ("Oh I can't do this, I'm doomed to failure, I should just give up now! I'm the lowest earthworm on the ground! Loser! Etc!") I know it's just part of the picture. Part of the drama. Thanks.

Glad to hear your nursling is still going strong.

#23 of 33 Old 01-21-2008, 07:07 PM

Checking in...not much going on here, no signs of labor. Washing cosleeper sheets, and nursing pads/bras. I'm feeling pretty lazy, and am reading preg/birth books...I love the stories!

I don't feel like going anywhere, or seeing anybody, just want to be by myself at home.

My hubby really wanted BabyMac to be a Capricorn, his mom and our nephew are both Cap's, and he adores them both! I'm getting my wish for an Aquarius, even though, I know very little about the sign, but just had a feeling when we were first found out about BabyMac that he/she would be born late January...I'm guessing the 29th. Will check out the link provided by AngelaB, thanks :-)

I am a fire sign, my hubby is earth, and BabyMac will be air, all we need is a water sign and we are complete. I figure if BabyMac lights my fire, daddy can throw some dirt/earth on me.

I have also read this is the year of the pig, and in Chinese astrology that is really lucky, and the number 8 is also a sign of good luck...2008, yay!

I know this is silly, but my hubby is a golden pig, and now I can honestly say, I'll be living with two PIGS, ha ha!

Warmest wishes to you all!!

ps. poisonedpenny , I love the poster, I have it in white, and the neat thing is my MIL works for the artist. He is a really great guy!
#24 of 33 Old 01-21-2008, 07:41 PM

I think I felt my first contraction, yippee!!! (((FINALLY SOMETHING)))

I know, it's probably just practice :-)
#25 of 33 Old 01-21-2008, 08:10 PM

congrats! maybe your babe will be born on his/her actual due date!

#26 of 33 Old 01-21-2008, 09:13 PM

Sounds like a lot of us were fooled into thinking that last night might be "the night" .. I had contractions that were quite painful but spaced out pretty consistently all evening. I was able to fall asleep, though, and slept through the night (except for getting up to go to the bathroom, of course) and they were gone this morning. Oh well. I know it will have to be soon.

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#27 of 33 Old 01-21-2008, 10:57 PM

well, I felt a little pop and now I have a little leakage.

hmmmmm

I'll update you all with whether I've had a baby in a day or so.
or first thing tomorrow if it's a false alarm again.

Chris
#28 of 33 Old 01-21-2008, 11:06 PM - Thread Starter

oooh I'll bet we'll have some new babies before long....full moon...

#29 of 33 Old 01-21-2008, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emese'sMom View Post
oooh I'll bet we'll have some new babies before long....full moon...
Oh pleaese let it be me...please.....:
#30 of 33 Old 01-21-2008, 11:36 PM

desert_mommi :

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page