Daily checkin for 1/22 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-22-2008, 11:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HCM - Yeah, this is a hard decision. Either I have an undesirable birth experience (being induced early, and possible complications) or I have an undesirable birth experience. (I get the mw who talks down to me, or the M.D. who yelled at me, or some stranger, all who have not read or approved my birthplan -- which means at this practice that they're not likely to follow it, and in my opinion leaves me open to more possible complications). I really don't know what I'm going to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2008, 11:43 PM

40+4 today and I don't "feel" anything coming soon. Annoyed with people at work saying, "wow, are you still pregnant??" Well, duh, I'm still there and I still have this belly, what do you think!? Feeling annoyed because my mom flew down to AZ from OR to be here on my due date so she wouldn't miss the labor, and now she's been here for almost a week. She can only stay until Feb. 8th. God let's hope I go into labor before then... My midwife seems to be totally unconcerned that I am going late, even though she thinks the baby is already 8+ lbs. She hasn't said a word about inducing me or anything to even "encourage" labor. Hmmm...

Today my mom was joking that maybe I'll be on the front of the National Enquirer with the headline "Woman pregnant forever! Baby refuses to come out!" with a big x-ray picture of the baby holding himself inside me by holding onto the umbilical cord. Made for a funny image, but then made me groan. I really want to meet this baby! I'm trying to be patient and just look at it as more time to get ready for him, but I feel like I've cleaned and organized and reorganized everything at least 10 times. Sorry...just had to vent...I really shouldn't complain. I've had such an easy pregnancy and I'm just now starting to feel a little uncomfortable and get a tiny bit of back pain. I should be counting my blessings. I guess I'm just a tad bit afraid of having a 10+ lb baby if I go for another week or two!
Old 01-22-2008, 11:49 PM

mamafern- i can't tell you how many times i think of you each day. thursday seems like a good day. i wonder if your body isn't holding on just until those strangers get out of the house...

poisonedpenny- there is no way to quantify the value of a good advocate. do you have a supportive dp/dh, who will be there to fight for your birth plan? you've got to remember that YOU are the consumer, and that it's YOUR birth experience, not the industry's. i have also found that bringing in a basket of baked goodies with my birth plan always insures wonderful allegiances with the nurses, who bend over backwards to help keep me happy. a little food and sweetness can go a long way with an overworked hospital staff, and just might get them to actually read your birth plan!

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

Old 01-23-2008, 12:21 AM

Just wanted to send hugs to everyone!!
Angela
Old 01-23-2008, 12:25 AM

Im still here.. lol.. I figure with my mom staying with us for work training here in Jax Thurs-Mon, if I dont go into labor tonight, I want him to stay in until after Monday. My due date is Thursday lol.. and I just KNOW that because I want him to stay put until Monday, now hes just gonna show up Thursday or something AGHHH lol.. which has me stressed out lol.. Im so ready to be done but I want that time for just dh, myself, and the new babe for a day or 2 after the birth.. I really dont want dh, myself, my mom, my 2 boys, my dd, and the new babe all here LOL.. Sooo I guess Im gonna try to be a lazy bum for a week so that I dont have this baby before next Monday lol
Old 01-23-2008, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post
mamafern- i can't tell you how many times i think of you each day. thursday seems like a good day. i wonder if your body isn't holding on just until those strangers get out of the house...
thanks HCM

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 01-23-2008, 01:49 AM

I had three whole contractions yesterday (well, technically earlier today) and was having some brownish-tinged spotting. I called the midwife who said not to worry about the spotting, which was reassuring. She said there's no way to tell if it's mucous plug or just a jostled cervix after DTD. Everything has returned to normal. No signs of any labor and the discharge went away (probably just DTD residue).

Bah.

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
Old 01-23-2008, 01:54 AM

well, folks, i'm calling it a night. exercised, showered, ready for bed. i have an appt with the mw tomorrow. i think i'm going to ask for an internal, to see exactly how the head is engaged right now. guess we'll see- i REALLY would benefit from knowing the baby isn't posterior anymore. it would do so much to ease my mind-- it just might send me straight into labor!

MIL is back, and everything is great with that.

holding my breath for an anterior baby, and then, maybe, just maybe, i'll feel ready to go into labor.

have a restful night, everyone.
hcm

p.s. anyone else feel like we still need a "who's still cooking?" thread?

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

Old 01-23-2008, 09:20 PM

Hey ladies...just actually coming out of the woodwork finally and posting today for the first time. I'm five days "overdue" at this point and working on holding steady. Was really hoping the full moon would do the trick but no such luck. Baby has dropped quite low but that's about all I've got in the way of "signs." I've checked my own cervix just to see if I could tell (my midwife doesn't do effacement/dilation checking) and I think that maybe I'm effacing and perhaps just starting to dilate. I'm afraid I don't know much about what I'm feeling though so I don't trust my judgement too well. I have been occasionally having contraction and once in a while they speed up or even get slightly uncomfortable but nothing to speak of in the last day or two.*sigh* Patience is a virtue. Patience is a virtue. Patience is a virtue.

Livin' the good life here in Connecticut with my DH hug2.gif and our three fabulous boys grouphug.gif(4/3/06, 2/4/08 and 5/20/10) Hoping to try for Sweet Baby #4 in December! blowkiss.gif

User Tag List