Daily checkin for 1/22 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 39 Old 01-22-2008, 04:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
well today is my due date and i went to sleep several hours ago, but started dreaming about contractions and woke up because i was really having them. they are probably about six minutes apart. now that i realize that i am having them i can't go back to sleep. i'm also worried that they will go away, now that i have consciously noticed them. i know i should go back to sleep, but i'm kind of excited...i hope i haven't jinxed myself by saying something.
#2 of 39 Old 01-22-2008, 04:16 AM

wow!!!!

How exciting I hope so bad that this is it for you kehliouise......and on your due date too....

Yes you should go rest even though I would be having a hard time also....

Keep us posted!
#3 of 39 Old 01-22-2008, 04:32 AM

kehliouise, how exciting!! Keep us updated.

I'm 39+3 today and baby seems just as stuck as ever. I keep reminding myself that no one has been pregnant forever...

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#4 of 39 Old 01-22-2008, 04:41 AM - Thread Starter

still can't sleep. i have started timing contractions...they are about 55 seconds long a piece and somewhere around five minutes apart. i also had a tiny bit of brownish color on toilet paper when i went to the bathroom. anyone have any suggestions on how to get this heartburn to go away? (other than go ahead and throw up....which i know i will do in a few hours if i'm in real labor.) i totally threw up during early labor with ds rather than having diareaha.
#5 of 39 Old 01-22-2008, 05:49 AM

kehliouise : For the heartburn, cold water and iced Sprite help me when it gets bad.

I thought I was going into labor a little bit ago. I was having this weird pain that made it hard to breathe. It didn't feel like the beginning of my other labors but I figured that maybe it was different since I wasn't also having back labor. After about 5 minutes though, the pain stopped and I finally realized where I knew that pain from. My midwife had to turn my youngest during labor and that was the worst pain I'd ever felt, I thought she was trying to kill me. Right after I was able to push my son out, no problem. Anyway, this felt like that so I guess she was just turning. Now, what I'm hoping is that the baby has turned into a good position and that she didn't flip upside down or something. I'm also hoping that I'll finally go into labor now.

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#6 of 39 Old 01-22-2008, 06:27 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
: Oooh mamas, it's happening....... :

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#7 of 39 Old 01-22-2008, 08:06 AM

Best wishes, kehlilouise! Happy laboring!

I'm 40+2 today. Kind of surprised to be hanging around still, since DS was born at 39+6 and I kind of expected the same. Now every day I wonder, should I plan something for supper? How do I entertain DS today when I thought I'd be in the hospital or home with a NB with DH on leave from work? I know I'm not that far over my EDD though. I just need to relax.

Affirmations:
Baby will come when the time is right.

The power and intensity of your contractions cannot be stronger than you are, because they ARE you.
(thanks to one of the birthing bead mamas)

I have prepared by body, mind, and spirit for my baby's safe and healthy birth.
#8 of 39 Old 01-22-2008, 08:29 AM

Kehlilouise- best of luck today!

I had nice and "regular" contrax yesterday- painless, just pressure ones (15 minutes apart) but I'm trying to remind myself that they are prelabor . . . I WILL NOT be pregnant forever (and neither will you To-Fu!!!!!). So I'm ready to get this day started, I need to get the boys off to school and then I'm going for another long walk, which seems to stir things up. I'm excited to see what this week brings!

Wife to my Denali-climbing DH
Mom to DD born Jan. 08 and DS born Oct. 09, and "baby sister" due Oct 2013!
House mom to ten boys, ages 8-11 at a group home! Yes, I must be nuts!
#9 of 39 Old 01-22-2008, 08:50 AM

I think I had a contraction about 15 minutes ago. It's really hard to tell... my whole belly was hard as a rock and I felt some discomfort in my side that was like... a stitch? I don't know how to explain it... maybe like how I would feel after going for a run.

I DTD with my guy earlier and happened to notice a slight brownish tinge on the TP a while later... could it just be DTD-related spotting, or is something maybe happening...?

I really don't want to get my hopes up. It could be nothing or it could just mean labor is a couple weeks away. I haven't had another contraction yet, but I guess I'm overly hopeful b/c of the full moon and b/c this is the first sign that Baby isn't going to stay stuck in there forever.

Going to try to get some sleep soon and hope to be woken up by something labor-related.

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#10 of 39 Old 01-22-2008, 09:43 AM

eeeee! more babies are coming! happy laboring, mamas

I have a busy day, dentist appt this morning, then preschool group for ds, freecycle pickups this afternoon (baby clothes, yay!), then lunch and a MW appt. I'm hoping she'll hang in until I get all that done.

Can't wait to read updates later-

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif
#11 of 39 Old 01-22-2008, 10:12 AM

So I am 39 wks 2 days now. The baby is still pretty high, so I don't know when she will be making her appearance. But I guess I am just going to do what I have to do. That means today I am going to go pick up prescriptions, put in new ones, go to the bank, pick up some thank you cards for the baby shower gifts I received. And just relax.....

Good labor vibes to everybody and hopefully we will have some more babies born soon
#12 of 39 Old 01-22-2008, 10:28 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Oh boy! Sounds like babies are on their way! ELV to those who want them.

My baby is coming soon. I am in a shocking amount of discomfort, working through day 12 of prodromal labor. I had multiple, STRONG! contractions last night and am feeling worn out, grouchy and exhausted this morning. Contractions are getting stronger, though they continue to be sporadic. I think prodromal labor just might be the most evil thing I have ever experienced.

And my poor mother -- if she calls me again, I might have to bite her head off. She made it very clear that she doesn't want to be here for the birth and has no plans to come see this new baby. What she didn't make clear, is that she plans to call every hour till this baby is born. :

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#13 of 39 Old 01-22-2008, 11:52 AM

hey, kehliouise, that's pretty promising progress there! and you haven't been on for 6 hours or so, so you're either sleeping, or i'm guessing that labor is rocking! (or you've realized- unlike me- that sometimes it's good to turn the computer off just for reality's sake )

to-fu: brown spotting is more likely associated with an "oil change" or vaginal exam at this point in pregnancy, but you really never know. i'm sure you'll be watching it closely (i can't keep my eyes off every toilet paper swipe- searching obsessively for any tinge of pink.)...

yesterday i noticed things felt different for me, and i even had a few rumbling contractions. the baby has changed position to who-knows-what, so i don't know what to think about a posterior position anymore- hopefully i'll get a good read at my mw appointment tomorrow. he's also really, really low, and i have that sort of "anytime now, i'm gonna toot and he's gonna fly out" feeling, except that i still don't feel like labor is imminent, if that makes any sense. at 40+1, this is still kinda early for me. but ya never know.

MIL moves back in tonight. feeling mixed about that. i think i would feel a lot better if i knew baby was anterior and i could face labor with confidence.

i am also sleeping like a maniac. sure, i get up to pee every few hours, but i sleep like the dead the rest of the night- i even passed out on the sofa with the kids making a huge racket in the room with me for a few hours yesterday. i must have clocked 12 hours combined overnight. it feels good! kinda weird, but i'm not gonna knock it.

okay, that's my ramble. gotta eat some food. i am so glad DH is working from home till the baby comes.

good luck to anyone laboring or close-to-laboring today! (kehliouise!)

later,
hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#14 of 39 Old 01-22-2008, 12:20 PM

Still here.

Still PG.

Depending who you ask, i'm either due today, or thursday.

I think i lost my Plug yesterday, but i've never done that before, so i couldn't tell you if thats what it was or not LOL!

other than that, we have a scheduled induction saturday. W00t.
#15 of 39 Old 01-22-2008, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthiegirl View Post
And my poor mother -- if she calls me again, I might have to bite her head off. She made it very clear that she doesn't want to be here for the birth and has no plans to come see this new baby. What she didn't make clear, is that she plans to call every hour till this baby is born. :
This is why I didn't give my parents any updates last time until my water broke two days into labor and I was in the cab on the way to the hospital. My sister in law had had a miserable first birth with my parents calling what she says was every hour and what they say was every few hours for updates, and I wasn't interested in dealing with it. Even so, I screamed every time my DH picked up the phone at the hospital and it was them -- they claim they only called every couple of hours, but I was only there 4 hours before giving birth and they called at least three times -- and besides, when you're in labor, time passes funny.

I guess because they know I didn't tell them last time, this time they figured they'd be more proactive. My father keeps calling me "just to say hello" -- like twice a day -- even though he NEVER calls me (always expects me to call him). As it happens, there are no signs of labor yet, but they don't realize that I'm very good at appearing to say one thing when I mean another. Last time I was on the phone with my sister 5 or 6 times during active labor (she was having some trouble with a paper that was due that day) and she never guessed. So calling "just to say hello" is not going to give them any more information than I want it to!
#16 of 39 Old 01-22-2008, 12:53 PM

kehliouise- Have a great day! I hope this is it for you!

Im still pregnant! My due date was either yesterday or the 19th. I get pretty good contrax in the evenings but they go away when I lay down to sleep.

Happy laboring to you all, whether the dreaded predomal or the more intense!
Angela
#17 of 39 Old 01-22-2008, 01:04 PM

No labor for me. I'm quickly tiring of having people ask myself or dh if I'm in labor. The best one is "Why haven't you had that baby yet?" Oh, it is because I don't want to. I've decided that I'd like to be pregnant forever. : I'm annoyed today

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#18 of 39 Old 01-22-2008, 02:59 PM

Still here. Baby was *really* quiet this AM. Luckily, I had an appt. and a NST. Baby was still very quiet during part of the NST, but picked up toward the end. It was (still is) worrying me a bit. We'll see how things go this afternoon.

OB said I'm a stretchy 3 cm now, and still 50-60% effaced. She did a membrane sweep, but it didn't hurt, so I'm not sure how vigorously she did it .

If the baby doesn't come by Thursday AM, I'm scheduled for an induction that day. That's as far as I could negotiate being "high-risk" (GD on insulin). I'm measuring big and I know I'm carrying a big baby at this point. I just wish this little one decides to come soon. Now would be good .

I plan on walking today, but am feeling really discouraged.
#19 of 39 Old 01-22-2008, 03:02 PM

I had two contractions last night, and nothing today. BabyMac is still active, so I think he/she will be swimming around for a little while longer.

I can't wait to hear the good news from some of you, it sounds like things are getting started, yippee!

~Amanda&BabyMac

ps. I second the recommendation to drink cold water for a heart burn. Sometimes yogurt works for me, too!
#20 of 39 Old 01-22-2008, 04:01 PM

ok I feel like I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.....I am SO CRANKY!

I am just so tired of being pregnant.....it is taking every oz of will power I have to think on a positive note. I try to keep myself busy all day so I won't think about it so much. I am just so tired of being uncomfortable.

I am sorry about the rant......

I am in such a bad mood.:
#21 of 39 Old 01-22-2008, 04:16 PM

:41+5...

well, its carpet day..day 1. im in a cranky mood.. my mother loves to give me a running commentary on how i look everyday..10 times a day. this morning it was "oh you have that puffy look and baby is a lot lower" i am so sick of hearing about my fat pregnant body. like i KNOW. i know. okay? reminders are NOT necessary :

my 5 year old had a huge meltdown and made me chase him around the house..and my 2 year old is being very charming.
i would like to crawl back into bed and sleep all day, but no such luck.

maybe tomorow will be a better day.

oh and happy due dates mamas... ELV's to those in need of it today. i look forward to reading your birth stories! since im never going to have one

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#22 of 39 Old 01-22-2008, 04:30 PM

It's just me and the little one today. Nice and quiet!

My milk came in right on schedule, 47 hours after birth, just like with DS. The only difference, though, is that he was born in the morning and this one was at night, so it was right as we were going to sleep.....ugh. She nursed every hour (both sides, sometimes three!) that first milky night, relishing her newfound liquid gold!! (and it IS gold, which I don't remember from last time).

Midwife came back yesterday, and we both checked out. My mom left in the evening, right before bedtime. DS was SO upset----we did our bedtime routine like normal, but he then wanted the baby out of the wrap so we could snuggle. I knew she'd wake up and want to nurse if we did this, but I thought I'd try....nope. So she's screaming, keeping DS up. Finally we trade, I nurse her while DH lays in bed with a screaming DS getting PUMMELED, then I go back in to try to help DS go to sleep....

We basically sat on the bed and rocked and sobbed in each others' arms for 45 minutes. It was so sad and so wonderful, all at the same time. He's not my tiny guy anymore, he knows it, and we're both brokenhearted. The hardest part for me is that he is definitely done nursing. I miss nursing him so much, and I know it would help him through these rough days. But he doesn't even want to try. He just cries and says, "I can't nurse anymore! I'm not little and I don't remember how! I want to be little so I can nurse!"

I'm bawling just writing this right now. I know it's just part of life and part of our little ones growing up, but I just envisioned the end to our nursing to be a bit happier---him growing out of it and going on to be a happy, bouncy, well-attached little boy. Not filled with stress and sadness and regret. The last time he latched on was in November, I think, and it ended with him crying, telling me he didn't remember how to nurse. I just don't want that memory at all.

I'm having a really hard time with him right now. I just want him to be happy, and he's just NOT. This is all just classic second child stuff, I know, but someone dig me out here and tell me it does get better, and that I haven't ruined his life or our relationship, please?

One good thing is the he insisted upon sleeping with us last night, and he hasn't wanted to in about a month. I was worried that the baby would keep him up, but she totally didn;t I was up with her twice, each time for about 1-1.5 hours, and while he stirred, he stayed asleep. Morning was another story---he wanted baby to MOVE so that he and I could snuggle, but even after we managed to rearrange, he just didn't want to accept Daddy getting out of bed with him. I really wanted to stay asleep as long as the baby was sleeping, but he managed to wake her up with all of his screaming. Oh well. I got up.

I'm already tired of these boulders that are trying to impersonate my breasts. Nursing is going fabulously well, and DD is handling the fast flow and oversupply much better than DS did (she doesn't even seem to notice!) but I'm now at about a 32K. Yikes.

I feel like I'm recovering pretty well---as soon as DH and DS stepped out the door this morning I had my first BM since birth. That felt really good....I also did the stairs for the first time, because DH forgot to feed the cat before he left. I think I'm really going to get the bleeding to stop much sooner this time because I've been much more serious about taking it easy.

I guess that's all from me. A novel, but I'm just so sad about last night that I needed to get it out. Thanks for "listening"

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#23 of 39 Old 01-22-2008, 04:59 PM

sara, i'm really sorry about what's happening with your ds. i wish i had some -any- advice, but i've never been through a (final) weaning process before, where a kid actually stopped nursing. i bet that the women over on the extended bfing board might have some ideas for special rituals or ceremony-type things you could do with your son to help bring some closure for you both, or at least some ideas for how to handle putting him to sleep. i'm guessing that many of them have had similar issues with their kiddos. sorry i don't have any better ideas. it's hard enough to not be the baby anymore- i can understand how badly your ds wants to nurse and how frustrating that must be that he can't.

my hugs to your whole family,
hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#24 of 39 Old 01-22-2008, 05:38 PM

After reading your post, all I can think is that you are a GREAT mom, and are doing the best you can.

You are sensitive to your sons needs, and even though he is sad, he knows you are there for him, how comforting!

Warmest thoughts for you and DS during this transition.

~Amanda&BabyMac
#25 of 39 Old 01-22-2008, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post
i bet that the women over on the extended bfing board might have some ideas for special rituals or ceremony-type things you could do with your son to help bring some closure for you both, or at least some ideas for how to handle putting him to sleep. i'm guessing that many of them have had similar issues with their kiddos.
That's a good idea. I posted on the CLW board, thinking that this is a weaning issue. I'll see if anyone there has any words of wisdom.

One cool thing that I remembered that I want to share:

Right as transition reached its peak and was over, I vomited a TON!! I did this during my last labor, too, so it was no surprise. But THIS time, the clarity that washed over me was amazing! My eyes popped open, I was present and calm, and just waited for the pushing contractions to come. It was one of the coolest moments of my life.

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#26 of 39 Old 01-22-2008, 07:42 PM

So, I had my doc appointment today. 2 cm and 80% effaced. The only time he's working the hospital within the next couple weeks is Friday. He said everything looks good and that I could come in and have my waters broken if I elected to. But, that would be 3 days before my due date. I don't want the pitocin, and I don't want a C-section. But, I also want my doctor to be my birthing doctor. I don't really trust anyone else at the practice to follow my birth plan, and this guy is only partially following it anyway. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I don't like the idea of inducing at all, but I also really don't like the idea of anyone else delivering my baby. I feel like I'm between a rock and a hard place. I posted a thread over in Birth and Beyond asking for the risks and problems associated with having my water broken.
#27 of 39 Old 01-22-2008, 07:59 PM

ugh. if you and the baby aren't ready to deliver, AROM is likely only going to cause problems for you. and docs love to watch the clock after your water breaks. i don't mean to discourage- i have my favorite mw at the practice i go to, but between the risk of not getting my doctor versus the risk of a c/s due to lack of labor progressing (when it was too early to start the clock)... well... i guess i'd just lean more towards letting your body and baby decide when the time is right. especially if this is your first baby (the average 1st pregnancy runs longer than 40 wks), i'd think really carefully before pulling the trigger on an AROM.

of course, this is a decision only you can make, and one that should be respected, if you are well-informed on both sides of the issue. so we won't be knocking ya if you decide to go ahead.

good luck!
hcm
(i had an AROM with my firstborn at 11days past edd, and was *minutes* away from an unnecessary c/s with a cut-happy OB. now i have a mw, and she will let me go till 43 weeks without intervention)

#28 of 39 Old 01-22-2008, 09:03 PM

simplehome you are a wonderful mom for being there for the both of them!

I am finally updating since having our baby! I had baby girl on a Friday night and my mom flew in on Monday and stayed a week and left this morning to fly back home. DH is off for another week before he goes back to work and DS started back to school after the holiday break today too.

:: to all the pregnant mommies still out there!! I know you are all ready to have your babies!

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#29 of 39 Old 01-22-2008, 09:59 PM

Just wanted to wish all the mama's out there that are still pregnant and waiting for your little one to arrive the best of luck and can't wait to hear your birth stories!

Today I'm 39+6, due tomorrow. I had my weekly check-up w/ my mw today. I'm still only 2 cm, same as last week but the baby's head is a lot lower as I feel the pressure every second of the day! My mw wants me to come back in this Friday for a non-stress test to check the baby. Then, if I do not have the baby by next Tuesday, I have another appt scheduled on Tuesday for an ultrasound, non-stress test and she's going to check my cervix. She said she really doesn't like to let her patients go past 41 weeks, however, because I really do not want any intervention, she said she would be patient as long as the baby is safe. She said I should consider letting her break my water if I haven't gone into labour by next Wednesday as I'll be 41 weeks. Of course I want to make sure our baby is healthy and safe but I really do not want to be induced and really hope that she comes on her own! I am getting really excited and can't wait to see our little baby girl!

Congrats to those that are possibly having your baby now - hopefully I'll be joining you soon!!
#30 of 39 Old 01-22-2008, 10:00 PM

i just saw my midwife.. im now 4/5 cm dilated.. baby is kind of higher up now though not that it makes much difference...she will come out sooner or later.

my midwife brought me a bottle of castor oil and the magical lemon verbena oil.. im going to take the "labor coctail" (those two mixed with almond butter and apricot juice and water like a smoothie) when the carpet guys are done and gone. probably tomorow afternoon or the next morning (thursday the 24th)..
she is pretty sure that one dose will do it, so yeah. we shall see.. thursday is going to feel like a year away now.but maybe it will be my birthing day. so thats something to look forward to. and ill only be 41+6
i did the coctail at 42+1 with my daughter and she was born just after midnight the next day..

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page