Daily Check-In for 1/23 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 38 Old 01-23-2008, 08:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know what's wrong with me, but I just went to read GratefulBambina's birth story and I got myself all worked up. I want my baby in my arms already! I don't want to have to keep worrying about what's going on in there! He hasn't been moving much the past couple of weeks, and my placenta is grade three -- the doctor says that so long as we get two movements in the biophysical, everything's fine, but I know his movement has decreased, and this morning we only got two movements after a full half-hour, my shifting position multiple times, drinking OJ, etc. -- and he was awake, too -- breathing the whole time. I'm 40 weeks (last time I birthed at 4 am on my EDD, so technically more pg than ever before...) and I really, really want this baby to be born NOW. I kept saying I wasn't giving birth until the 24th, but given how long labor was with #1, since I have no signs of labor now, I don't think tomorrow is a possibility anymore. I've been sitting at my desk reading MDC and playing Solitaire -- I can't get any work done -- I keep singing made up songs under my breath (old habit) and when I pay attention to what I'm saying it's always something along the lines of "dear baby, please be born soon, please be born healthy, come on out, we want to meet you, be healthy, be born, etc."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 38 Old 01-23-2008, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie6282 View Post
My midwife has never done an internal exam on me. I mean never.
This isn't abnormal at all, in my limited experience. I only had one internal this whole pregnancy, and it was right as I was getting the urge to push! Last pregnancy I had two---one when I got to the birth center (6cm) and one as I got the urge to push. My midwife this time offered only once, and it was just for my peace of mind at 41 weeks--I declined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by To-Fu View Post
We officially have some bloody show! There was definitely some red snot stuff on the TP just now (sorry for the TMI). I don't know what it means, though... and even though I know it's normal, it's still scary to see blood on the TP during pregnancy. One Web site I looked at says, "It can appear minutes, hours or even days before labor begins."

Great. Minutes, hours, or even days. But at least things are happening, right?

I also feel kind of sick. I can't tell if I'm constipated and am having stomach issues or if these are lower-uterus cramps (my whole belly isn't getting hard... just the bottom part hurts). It feels kind of like an awful period.

Is this normal? Am I on my way? Yikes!
Wa-hoo!!! You're describing what my contractions felt like for this labor---hopefully this is it for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post
great news at the mw's- baby is no longer posterior!!!
FANTASTIC news!!!

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#33 of 38 Old 01-23-2008, 10:00 PM

HardCoreMom, yay!!!!!!! This is great news. I know you've been really worried about getting the baby in the right position for birthing. I hope you're feeling lots better now. I've been thinking about you today!

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#34 of 38 Old 01-23-2008, 10:17 PM

HCM: yay! i had a good feeling about the baby moving into the "perfect" position.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#35 of 38 Old 01-24-2008, 02:17 AM

i can't stop thinking about you guys!

eloise/erika- i hope you're holding your baby by now!
jess- i hopehopehope things got moving on their own. really, my heart is going out to you right now.
same goes for mb122- hope you were able to somehow avoid that induction. it's really yucky to have a deadline like that hanging over your head.
dov's mom- any more progress with the "chunks" today? it *sounds* promising...
and to-fu!-- what's up with you, lady?!? are you having ctx yet?
angelab- i hope things go well with your dp coming back- were you feeling nervous about that before? ELVs- it sounds like your time is close!
and mamafern, dear mamafern... i am sending you lots of peaceful vibes tonight. i know you are so eager to get that baby out, and your life has been nothing but stress since you moved into your mom's. i hope that once the floorguys leave, your body will release all of its held-up tension, and you will have a wonderful l&d. it certainly sounds like you're walking around just ready for her to fall out! sending you my best...

things here are good, for the first night in a long time. i am really relaxed. i could feel lots of ctx as i was exercising, and they didn't scare me. i feel so much more peaceful about going into labor now. i am ready to begin the wait, confident in my body and in the baby's timing. i wouldn't mind another day or two, just to get some more rest. but we'll see.

hope everyone has a wonderful night. i look forward to hearing about new babies in the morning.

later,
hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#36 of 38 Old 01-24-2008, 02:44 AM

im going to bed once the kiddos are bathed and asleep.. im going to wake up at 5am and take my castor oil and verbena smoothie and go back to sleep.. then hopefully this time tomorrow (actually way earlier) ill have my sweet baby in my arms. i will probably update tomorrow but if not.. thats where i am... im excited and a bit scared.. don't know why..

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#37 of 38 Old 01-24-2008, 03:07 AM

good luck mamafern!!!
#38 of 38 Old 01-24-2008, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern View Post
im going to bed once the kiddos are bathed and asleep.. im going to wake up at 5am and take my castor oil and verbena smoothie and go back to sleep.. then hopefully this time tomorrow (actually way earlier) ill have my sweet baby in my arms. i will probably update tomorrow but if not.. thats where i am... im excited and a bit scared.. don't know why..
So exciting! You can do this. We're all rooting for you.

Keep us updated.

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page