Daily Check-In for 1/23 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 38 Old 01-23-2008, 03:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Three days past my due date. I've never been this pregnant in my life. I am so glad this is my last pregnancy.

How is everyone else? Full moon babies?

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#2 of 38 Old 01-23-2008, 04:14 AM

Mutix2: I thought for sure I would have to be the first one to start today's thread. I was too hoping for a full moon baby, as I am 40 weeks on friday. However, none of mine have come before 40+, so I'll be patient. Still battleing this STUPID sinus infection. It has now spread to my jaw socket and is actually getting pretty painful. I really don't know what to do. You'd have to almost kill me to take an antibiotic, but I'm almost to that point. I am so sleep deprived, I can't even believe it! I have done EVERYTHING!! I am really being tested right now. I'm also bummed b/c my UC plans are a little shaky now, after finding out that I have this blood clotting disorder. My kids are sick and have been for a week, and it looks like my DH is coming down with it too! UGGGH! I just want to cry....again! RANT OFFICIALLY OVER....proceed with the Daily check-In for 1/23!!

AFFIRMATION: I am as strong as whatever comes my way. My body is healthy and WILL recover. I love my Baby and know he or she knows that whatever stress I'm going through is not his or her fault. I know despite my frustration, my baby feels SAFE!
#3 of 38 Old 01-23-2008, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anudi01 View Post
Still battleing this STUPID sinus infection. It has now spread to my jaw socket and is actually getting pretty painful. I really don't know what to do. You'd have to almost kill me to take an antibiotic, but I'm almost to that point. I am so sleep deprived, I can't even believe it! I have done EVERYTHING!! I am really being tested right now. I'm also bummed b/c my UC plans are a little shaky now, after finding out that I have this blood clotting disorder. My kids are sick and have been for a week, and it looks like my DH is coming down with it too! UGGGH! I just want to cry....again! RANT OFFICIALLY OVER....proceed with the Daily check-In for 1/23!!
*Hugs*
I'm so sorry you all are sick! I hope you feel better soon.

Yuri had his 2 week check-up today. He is 2 oz over his birth weight and has grown ½ inch! He also rolled on his side for them. I don't think they believed me when I said he smiles and laughs in his sleep, but I have witnesses!
I know I've already had my baby, but I need to post some affirmations. It's 3am here and DD is still awake. She's in the bedroom with DH. She's talking now, which is a nice change from screaming, but definately still awake.

*My DD WILL learn how to sleep through the night again.*
*My dishes will get done, sometime.*
*Adversity builds character.*

ETA: I went to check on DH and DD and they're finally both asleep. 4am. We have to be up in 2 hours. Hooray.
#4 of 38 Old 01-23-2008, 07:08 AM

Still here, still pregnant. 39+4. I was really hoping the full moon would somehow draw my baby out, but no dice.

All ambiguous (but still exciting) signs of possible labor have totally disappeared and I am back to feeling like I will be pregnant forever. Baby seems pretty happy where he's at with no sign of budging.

Bah.

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#5 of 38 Old 01-23-2008, 07:18 AM

It's my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been working so hard to get this full-moon baby . . . went walking lots yesterday and went for one more long walk in the moonlight last night. Woke up about 2am in my usual "can't sleep" mode- frustrated about lots of things, worried that this baby wouldn't come this week (when my midwife of choice was on call), irritated at all the people around me, etc. I tossed and turned until around 3:30, at which point I felt a strange sensation and then leaped out of bed realizing there was something gushing out of me!

Then I proceeded to stand in the bathroom like an idiot, watching a puddle form on the floor! HA! So anyway, called the midwife as directed- told me to rest and call her later in the morning so I could do lots of work at home.

I've been in bed trying to sleep but of course painful contrax started (as opposed to the tight ones I've had for two days), so that wasn't working. I just took a shower and am eating some cereal, then am attempting to lay down until 6:15, when we have to wake our boys up . . . try to decide what to tell them and then proceed to arrange coverage for our cottage!

Wow, I can't believe this day has finally arrived! It's not what I expected, already- this gushing, leaking fluid thing is sort of nasty- like involuntary peeing! Speaking of . . .

Can't wait to come back and update with news of baby!

(TO-FU- sending you vibes- we have the same due date so I'm looking for you to be one of the 300,000 women birthing with me today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Wife to my Denali-climbing DH
Mom to DD born Jan. 08 and DS born Oct. 09, and "baby sister" due Oct 2013!
House mom to ten boys, ages 8-11 at a group home! Yes, I must be nuts!
#6 of 38 Old 01-23-2008, 07:26 AM

eloise24, how exciting!!! I'm envious, and can't wait to hear more. ELV coming your way!

#7 of 38 Old 01-23-2008, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter

anudi01 Sorry to beat you to the punch I was awake and bored I hope you feel better soon. I've heard good things about neti pots, I've never used one myself but you might want to look into it before going for the antibiotics (I hate taking antibiotics too and plan to buy a neti pot next time I get a sinus infection or bad cold).

eloise24 :

Dh looked at me yesterday and said "Today is the day". Well, it wasn't. When I pointed that out he said that today will be the day. I believe he's just trying to pacify me I'm planning on taking a long walk with the kids today, it will tire them out and maybe help the baby realize that today would be a lovely day to be born.

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#8 of 38 Old 01-23-2008, 08:50 AM

So here I am, obviously can't sleep. No signs of labor...40+5...My midwife has never done an internal exam on me. I mean never. Granted I started with an MD and went to a midwife around 16 weeks, but she's never even looked at me internally. Is that normal? She's pretty "natural" but I'm starting to think it's odd she's never said a word about doing an actual physical exam. It's always just questions about how I'm feeling and then measuring the belly and listening to the heartbeat and placenta.

anudi01-I second the Neti Pot. I discovered them this winter and they are AMAZING. Kind of gross when you are sick because all the mucus comes gushing out of your nose and kind of makes you want to puke, but if you start to do it regularly after the infection clears up too, your nose is always clear and you rarely get any congestion at all.
#9 of 38 Old 01-23-2008, 09:36 AM

So I am here still too. 39+4.... No signs of anything. he only time i fel ny kind of tightness is when i walk. although there is really no more room in my belly because when this baby stretches omg there is like one spot where it feels like a knife is being used to cut open ny stomach from the inside. I just wish I knew what to expect.....

eloise24:for an Easy labor.
#10 of 38 Old 01-23-2008, 11:07 AM

good luck erika!

i'm off to the mw's, hoping to hear the baby is anterior now. no sign of labor anytime soon, though, and i'm ok with that. still have never gone this early.

hcm

mamafern?

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#11 of 38 Old 01-23-2008, 11:27 AM

Hello,

No baby for me today. Glad to hear one mama, eloise24,
is going to have her baby, what a cool birthday 123...:-)

angie6282 - I don't think it's odd that your midwife hasn't performed any internal exams. I only allowed for one with my midwife to test and make sure what I was dealing with was in fact a yeast infection and nothing else. I do not plan to have any internals at all for the rest of my pregnancy, or during labor. This is my personal preference, and something I make very clear to anyone that will be caring for me during the initial interview. You may consider asking her what her plans are for checking you when you go into labor, if it is something you want.

To-Fu and MamaFern, I got the link to my belly pic's to work. You'll have to click on my photo album, once you are there.

http://www.ewish.com/X/?babymac08
#12 of 38 Old 01-23-2008, 11:55 AM

well either 40w1d or 39w6d depending on who you ask. Not sure it matters at this point however.

Nothing going on here yet.

Saturday will be my day, if nothing happens between now and then.

wooo...

i'm tired. Hungry, and want to make some waffles, but the kids are still sleeping!!

drinking water, and eating some grilled cheese crackers lol!
#13 of 38 Old 01-23-2008, 12:17 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm rooting for you laboury mamas! :

Send your good vibes for my nursing struggles, would ya? Thanks.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#14 of 38 Old 01-23-2008, 12:40 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Good luck eloise24!!!! Can't wait to read an update.

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#15 of 38 Old 01-23-2008, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
eloise24 - good luck, lots of ELV to you!
Emese'sMom - I hope your nursing struggles get worked out soon.

Ugg, I really thought I would have had this baby by now, I have NEVER been this preg before 40+4. I am really heart broken and struggling the last 2 days. My repeat C is scheduled for tomorrow. I was really thinking/hoping/praying/wishing this whole preg to have this baby UBAC, and now I will not get the chance (unless by some miracle I go into labor and have the baby in the next 24 hours). I talked to the Dr and DH in depth in Monday and basically if I cancel or refuse the C tomorrow, they will drop me as a client and write a nasty note about me and how I am not a good patient and fight all suggested medical advice. Which is fine by me, except they are the only OBs within a 2-3 hour drive, and IF I do need them, I don't want the anger and judgment to get in the way of my care - and I LOVE the hospital (as far as hospitals go). So I have no signs of imminent labor, and am trying to resign myself to the fact of another C

So, one way or another I will have a baby by this time tomorrow!

On a positive note, I think we actually decided on a name. DH and I both gave up our favorite name and have 98% decided on Olivia.

My girls have a 1/2 day of school today, so I am going to go to town adn run some last min errands and see if walking all over in the 5 degree weather will bring this baby out, especially now that she has a name!

belly.gifSAHM, carseat geek, cattle raising woman to 5 girls (15, 10, 8, 6, 2) wild.gifand a stork-suprise.gif due in July!
#16 of 38 Old 01-23-2008, 01:22 PM

: i so wanted this baby to come on its own, but im going to give in and take the "labor coctail" today or tomorrow. i know its not so bad... i took it with my daughter, but there is still this feeling of failure, like my body doesn't know what to do.. but hopefully that means that tomorrow by this time i will be holding my little girl. *sigh*

ELV's to you eloise24!

jessmcg: im sorry mama its not fair.

ETA: the carpet guys are back again today. the house stinks and im sure im going to get cancer from it and poison the baby.. im planning on as soon as she is born, putting every woolen thing ive knit on her and going outside so we dont have to breathe it in.. good plan, no?

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#17 of 38 Old 01-23-2008, 01:58 PM

Angie -- totally normal. Last time, my first VE was in the hospital when the midwife was trying to decide whether to recommend an epidural because of how long I'd been in labor (50 hours in, no sleep in 65 hours). She recommended yes, but then did another exam when I started to vocalize and changed her mind because baby was on his way out!

This time I'm 40 weeks today and I just had my first VE -- mostly because if I'm still pregnant at 41 weeks, I want to know whether there was progress or if I should start getting aggressive with labor stimulation to prevent induction. Very ripe and 2+ cm dilated, the doctor says. Of course, it could have been that way for weeks already, but I just started passing chunks of mucus (not so much, not bloody) this morning, so I'm kind of hoping that it's progress. I decided months ago that I was giving birth on the 24th, but considering how last labor went, if I haven't started yet, then that's not happening!
#18 of 38 Old 01-23-2008, 02:34 PM

We officially have some bloody show! There was definitely some red snot stuff on the TP just now (sorry for the TMI). I don't know what it means, though... and even though I know it's normal, it's still scary to see blood on the TP during pregnancy. One Web site I looked at says, "It can appear minutes, hours or even days before labor begins."

Great. Minutes, hours, or even days. But at least things are happening, right?

I also feel kind of sick. I can't tell if I'm constipated and am having stomach issues or if these are lower-uterus cramps (my whole belly isn't getting hard... just the bottom part hurts). It feels kind of like an awful period.

Is this normal? Am I on my way? Yikes!

#19 of 38 Old 01-23-2008, 02:44 PM

Hi everyone, I've been enjoying reading everyone's stories, but haven't been very good about posting myself. But I'm finally home and on leave, thank goodness, so I wanted to wish all the laboring mamas good luck! I'm due Saturday with my 1st, and am now feeling like I am ready for this to happen. I've been dealing with a nasty head cold for the last week, but am getting to the tail end of it (I hope!). And yesterday was a horrible day, as I had awful gas pains all day long. Has anyone else dealt with that? It's the 3rd time so far, and the last 2 times I had it all day long. I must have spent most of the day bent over or on my hands and knees to get some sort of relief.

Happy birthing everyone!
dahlsk
#20 of 38 Old 01-23-2008, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlsk View Post
And yesterday was a horrible day, as I had awful gas pains all day long. Has anyone else dealt with that? It's the 3rd time so far, and the last 2 times I had it all day long. I must have spent most of the day bent over or on my hands and knees to get some sort of relief.
I'm feeling the same thing, mama! Has the hands-and-knees thing helped? Maybe I should try it.

Hang in there!

#21 of 38 Old 01-23-2008, 02:49 PM

sounds promising to-fu! i bet this is it for you!

nothing here. induction scheduled for tomorrow. i was really hoping to go into labor before then, but nothing is happening. my longest pregnancy before now was 39 weeks. i can't believe i've made it this long!

i just walked 2.5 miles this AM. i'll try a walk again later if the weather looks okay.

i'm scared of an induction...and i'm trying to get my head wrapped around it all.
#22 of 38 Old 01-23-2008, 02:56 PM

dahlsk,
Yes, when I have gas I try to find a postion that will help. Sometimes the pain is so intense, I just try to relax. I take probiotics to help aid my digestion, and that has really helped me.

~Amanda&BabyMac
#23 of 38 Old 01-23-2008, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamac View Post
To-Fu and MamaFern, I got the link to my belly pic's to work. You'll have to click on my photo album, once you are there.

http://www.ewish.com/X/?babymac08
Adorable! What a fantastic belly.

angie6282, my MW hasn't performed any VEs, either. I think it's totally normal... I have read that while sometimes the info gathered during a VE can be helpful, it isn't always a clear indicator of what's to come, labor-wise. Of course, there are times when it makes more sense to do them, but as long as things are progressing normally I'm OK with the bare minimum.

#24 of 38 Old 01-23-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eloise24 View Post
It's my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been working so hard to get this full-moon baby . . . went walking lots yesterday and went for one more long walk in the moonlight last night. Woke up about 2am in my usual "can't sleep" mode- frustrated about lots of things, worried that this baby wouldn't come this week (when my midwife of choice was on call), irritated at all the people around me, etc. I tossed and turned until around 3:30, at which point I felt a strange sensation and then leaped out of bed realizing there was something gushing out of me!

Then I proceeded to stand in the bathroom like an idiot, watching a puddle form on the floor! HA! So anyway, called the midwife as directed- told me to rest and call her later in the morning so I could do lots of work at home.

I've been in bed trying to sleep but of course painful contrax started (as opposed to the tight ones I've had for two days), so that wasn't working. I just took a shower and am eating some cereal, then am attempting to lay down until 6:15, when we have to wake our boys up . . . try to decide what to tell them and then proceed to arrange coverage for our cottage!

Wow, I can't believe this day has finally arrived! It's not what I expected, already- this gushing, leaking fluid thing is sort of nasty- like involuntary peeing! Speaking of . . .

Can't wait to come back and update with news of baby!
Good luck! Can't wait to hear the good news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emese'sMom View Post
Send your good vibes for my nursing struggles, would ya? Thanks.
Hope the nursing gets easier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern View Post
: i so wanted this baby to come on its own, but im going to give in and take the "labor coctail" today or tomorrow. i know its not so bad... i took it with my daughter, but there is still this feeling of failure, like my body doesn't know what to do.. but hopefully that means that tomorrow by this time i will be holding my little girl. *sigh*
So sorry things haven't gone as you had hoped. Hoping that this helps get that baby out

Quote:
Originally Posted by To-Fu View Post
We officially have some bloody show! There was definitely some red snot stuff on the TP just now (sorry for the TMI). I don't know what it means, though... and even though I know it's normal, it's still scary to see blood on the TP during pregnancy. One Web site I looked at says, "It can appear minutes, hours or even days before labor begins."

Great. Minutes, hours, or even days. But at least things are happening, right?

I also feel kind of sick. I can't tell if I'm constipated and am having stomach issues or if these are lower-uterus cramps (my whole belly isn't getting hard... just the bottom part hurts). It feels kind of like an awful period.

Is this normal? Am I on my way? Yikes!
Sounds like some good signs. Hope today is your day!!!

Still here. I thought yesterday might be the day (but I am starting to think everyday is the day so what do I know). Had an OB appointment yesterday...nothing exciting to report. Toddler "helping" me type. Better go.
#25 of 38 Old 01-23-2008, 03:32 PM

40+2 I usually sleep so hard at night but last night sleep & I didn't seem to find common ground. I was up most of the night feeling a little sick & much like some of the other mamas having lots of gas pains. I REALLY dislike insomnia
There are sooo many of us "overdue". Come on Ladies maybe if we all think labor at the same time it'll happen This is not my usual stance. Really I'm ok with her staying in. I just want the super full feeling to go away & the heartburn too
#26 of 38 Old 01-23-2008, 03:34 PM

Good luck, Eloise! Can't wait to see an update from you

Well, today is my 'official' due date, according to my midwife. By my dates, it was 3 days ago, but I'm happy we went with the later one, especially since this little one is quite snug where she is.
I'm feeling okay and we finally installed the baby's carseat (can't believe we waited this long, but at least it got done! ) so that was exciting.
Nothing going on here.. I think I have at least a few more days.

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#27 of 38 Old 01-23-2008, 03:56 PM

Not in your DDC but I just wanted to let you know that a doctor can't drop you without 30 days notice and they have to refer you to someone else. No one can force you to have surgery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessmcg View Post
eloise24 - good luck, lots of ELV to you!

Ugg, I really thought I would have had this baby by now, I have NEVER been this preg before 40+4. I am really heart broken and struggling the last 2 days. My repeat C is scheduled for tomorrow. I was really thinking/hoping/praying/wishing this whole preg to have this baby UBAC, and now I will not get the chance (unless by some miracle I go into labor and have the baby in the next 24 hours). I talked to the Dr and DH in depth in Monday and basically if I cancel or refuse the C tomorrow, they will drop me as a client and write a nasty note about me and how I am not a good patient and fight all suggested medical advice. Which is fine by me, except they are the only OBs within a 2-3 hour drive, and IF I do need them, I don't want the anger and judgment to get in the way of my care - and I LOVE the hospital (as far as hospitals go). So I have no signs of imminent labor, and am trying to resign myself to the fact of another C

So, one way or another I will have a baby by this time tomorrow!

On a positive note, I think we actually decided on a name. DH and I both gave up our favorite name and have 98% decided on Olivia.

My girls have a 1/2 day of school today, so I am going to go to town adn run some last min errands and see if walking all over in the 5 degree weather will bring this baby out, especially now that she has a name!
#28 of 38 Old 01-23-2008, 04:23 PM

wow- it sounds like this is the day for a lot of us! good luck, everyone! i'm sending you ELVs and watching to see how everything unfolds.

great news at the mw's- baby is no longer posterior!!! so now, i'm actually uncrossing my legs and breathing deeply, ready to welcome labor whenever things are ready. making the return to confidence and zen...

baby will come when he is ready, and i too will be ready and strong.

thinking of everyone,
hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#29 of 38 Old 01-23-2008, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eloise24 View Post
OMG that's totally how I felt with my 1st. Nobody told me how messy it would be for hours... just sloppy.... I remember being shocked and just wanting to constantly sit on the toilet to "clean it up". haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie6282 View Post
My midwife has never done an internal exam on me. I mean never.
I think that's fine. I'm sure you could ask if you really wanted one. With my 1st I had them check when I did the GBS test (like 35 weeks) and I was at 1cm and 50%. I got real crampy and didn't have any more checks and honestly it meant nothing since my ds wasn't born until 41 weeks.

This time when I was asked if if I wanted to be checked I said "No thanks!". Unless you are collecting data for a research project it's rather pointless just to check for checks sake (unless you are in labor or overdue for example).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessmcg View Post

Ugg, I really thought I would have had this baby by now, I have NEVER been this preg before 40+4. I am really heart broken and struggling the last 2 days. My repeat C is scheduled for tomorrow. I was really thinking/hoping/praying/wishing this whole preg to have this baby UBAC, and now I will not get the chance (unless by some miracle I go into labor and have the baby in the next 24 hours).
Ditto to Emese'sMom and Jessmcg I'm totally feeling for you. I'll be sending major labor vibes your way. I can't believe the way they (the docs) are treating you. I swear with these hormones I'd go postal on them. Have you had a n/s test? Why the worry if you go a few more days? You aren't even 41 yet... How frustrating! I'm really really sending any contractions I have strait over to you. Promise.

Speaking of which I'm 40+1 - I think I jinxed myself yesterday because I kept saying how great I felt .. I could honestly go another couple of months, haha! Then last night the baby must of really dropped (i know it did once last week already) because today I can barely walk. My pelvis is killing me! It's unreal.
Still not ready to go into labor though... Every day that passes I get more done. I'd like to get closer to February for some reason...

: totally blessed mother of 2
#30 of 38 Old 01-23-2008, 07:03 PM

Last night I was up at about 3 am and considered logging on here but I knew that I would never get back to sleep after I did so I layed down and watched "Howls Moving Castle". I love that movie, love it!!

I couldnt sleep because my lower back hurt so bad. I did get a nap after my son Jupiter got offf to school.
I went to see my MW this morning and we discussed the weather since its going to get scary cold and snow a bit and then on friday its supposed to snow more and she said that the during the last snow it took her 2 and a half hours to get into town. I would be fine having this baby on my own, however I would be even better if my dp was here with me and even more at ease if my mw was sleeping at her office in town when I call to have her come over.

So she stripped my membranes today and inserted some evening primrose oil and I called my dp to come on up. Poor guy he is driving 7 hours on about 2 hours of sleep. I feel bad but its the babies fault right!! I just cant put it off any longer, not with all the signs pointing at baby coming soon.

My mw and I agreed that we would try pretty non invasive stuff first and if its not working well its just not working and we would have to wait either way. I am 40 weeks 2 days and 4 cm dilated and 50-60 % effaced. I have been having contractions that are getting progressively more painful so I think today or tomarrow might be the day!!!

I know that somone here talked about castor oil but I cant remember who it was. What were your experiences with it? We talked about trying that in the morning and stripping membranes again and dtd with dp when he gets here.

Anyways, it sounds like there are a few of us that are gonna have babies today or tomarrow!! ELV and happy nursing vibes to all!!!
Angela

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page