post-partum exercise accountability thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 01-23-2008, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i've read that we should start doing kegels and tummy clenches right after labor, so i've been doing those.

walks around the block with ds in the moby wrap make the witching hour more pleasant for everyone. i started with very small walks just over one week post-partum. now i'm 2 weeks, 5 days pp and a slow, easy 30 minute walk is very doable.

ds hates to be put down, and when i can get away with putting him down there are thousands of tasks needing my attention. however, the other day i did about five minutes of yoga/stretching and felt amazing afterwards.

anyone else working on their fitness??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 01-23-2008, 02:53 PM

Goodness I'm a weenie. Right now fitness to me is squeezing in another one hour nap at some point. I can't imagine going for a walk. I'll have to start that week after next though.
#3 of 11 Old 01-23-2008, 05:06 PM

The freezing temps have kept me indoors.

At 4 weeks pp I attemted to go to the mall just to walk around. I ended up feeding him twice, finding that his diaper leaked, and becoming over heated. I havent tried since. I would imagine all that swaying I do does something!

I am almost 6 weeks pp. I did join weight watchers at 3 weeks pp and have lost over 10 pounds. I would like to walk someday, it is just too cold to take him out.
#4 of 11 Old 01-23-2008, 05:14 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Kegels are pretty much all I do. Sometimes when I remember I pull my abs in towards my spine. I'm supposed to be working on posture as well, but often find myself hunched over for nursing. Bad, I know.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#5 of 11 Old 01-23-2008, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emese'sMom View Post
Kegels are pretty much all I do. Sometimes when I remember I pull my abs in towards my spine. I'm supposed to be working on posture as well, but often find myself hunched over for nursing. Bad, I know.
same.
tmi, but i remember to do the kegels cuz i have a horrible cough and no pelvic floor control right now.
my posture is of the super nurser, so i'm working on that also.
my midwife with dd1 said that it was important to wait until 6 wks pp to really do any exercising or ab work, so i'm sticking with that this time as well.
kegels kegels kegels.
we're allowing for the 40 days of incarnation, so we're not going out for awhile, but i look forward to talking walks - as well as cross-country skiing - with the little ones in the very near future.

treehugger.gif river and mountain mama to two amazing dust.gif girls, homebirth.jpg 8.25.05 and h20homebirth.gif 1.13.08, and married to my soulmate of 18 yrs partners.gif

#6 of 11 Old 01-23-2008, 05:33 PM

I've been doing kegels and I think chasing after a toddler while caring for a newborn and cleaning house has to count for something, right?

Mama to DS (3/7/06)om.gif, DSD  hearts.gif(11/17/02), DD (1/16/08 )energy.gif ,  DS2 (5/30/10) sleepytime.gif and Baby Quinn angel.gif (R.I.P 3/22/13)

#7 of 11 Old 01-23-2008, 05:34 PM

Kegels here, too. I'm eager to get going with my walking/weights regimen again, but my MW wants me to wait. She's coming by this afternoon for another checkup, so I'll ask her again when I can get started...
#8 of 11 Old 01-23-2008, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronsmom View Post
I've been doing kegels and I think chasing after a toddler while caring for a newborn and cleaning house has to count for something, right?

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#9 of 11 Old 01-24-2008, 12:51 AM

Lurking from Feb DDC....I have been exercising very regularly throughout my pregnancy and I honestly contribute exercise to my sanity! I hate to think of going 6 weeks without going to the gym for the classes etc...I plan to start walking right away and am hoping I can talk my midwife into letting me begin sooner than 6 weeks! At least maybe going to the gym to do the elliptical machine!
#10 of 11 Old 01-24-2008, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matey View Post
The freezing temps have kept me indoors.
I would like to walk someday, it is just too cold to take him out.
Us, too. And my DD NEEDS to get out and let out some energy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronsmom View Post
:
#11 of 11 Old 02-18-2008, 03:48 AM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page