Daily Check-In for 1/24 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-24-2008, 08:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh yay MamaFern! Wishing you a perfect birth! Good luck! Can't wait to hear about your new little one!

40+6 today. I'm doing well over here. Not much happening really. No contractions to speak of today. Yesterday and today feeling really tired suddenly. Not sure what that's about. Took a nice long nap with DS today. Still waiting....hoping something happens sometime.

Livin' the good life here in Connecticut with my DH hug2.gif and our three fabulous boys grouphug.gif(4/3/06, 2/4/08 and 5/20/10) Hoping to try for Sweet Baby #4 in December! blowkiss.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2008, 08:33 PM

Yay! I am so glad to see so many of you with some encouraging activity! Today is my dd's 2nd birthday and we went out for Victorian Tea. She has been looking forward to eating cake for weeks now. Pretty much, birthday = yummy cake for her

We just got back from the Tea house and I have gobs and gobs of mucus plug making its way out. No bloody show yet, though. I am hoping that the baby holds off her debut until dd has left the stage. Sharing a birthday would be kind of special, but mostly a bummer, I think. With dd, I lost my mucus plug the same day I went into labor. With this one, I keep losing a little here and there over the past couple of weeks. Today's has been the most dramatic, however, so maybe there is hope of some further dilation progress!

I want to be on the labor train with you ladies soon! Keep us updated!

Christina, loving being a Mama to three and serving as a Co-Leader of the Holistic Moms Network, Tri-City Area, CA Chapter.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:00 PM

I can't wait to hear the good news from everyone in labor right now!!!

I think BabyMac isn't going to come anytime soon, so I am just going to relax. My DH is so excited, he wants to try and help things along. I told him we could try this weekend :-)

BabyMac has been active everynight from about 4pm until 10ish. Is this normal? I feel like he/she is a little acrobat inside.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbyard View Post
Yay! I am so glad to see so many of you with some encouraging activity! Today is my dd's 2nd birthday and we went out for Victorian Tea. She has been looking forward to eating cake for weeks now. Pretty much, birthday = yummy cake for her

We just got back from the Tea house and I have gobs and gobs of mucus plug making its way out. No bloody show yet, though. I am hoping that the baby holds off her debut until dd has left the stage. Sharing a birthday would be kind of special, but mostly a bummer, I think. With dd, I lost my mucus plug the same day I went into labor. With this one, I keep losing a little here and there over the past couple of weeks. Today's has been the most dramatic, however, so maybe there is hope of some further dilation progress!

I want to be on the labor train with you ladies soon! Keep us updated!
3 out of 6 of us have birthdays the same week, and while there were a couple of times when I wanted my own birthday, it was mostly great fun -- "birthday season" we called it.

My mother had all c-sections, and after her attempted VBAC with me she was warned that if she labored for more than 1-2 hours she ran a high risk of uterine rupture (probably wrong, but possible, because her cuts weren't great). She went into labor with my sister on my birthday and DIDN'T GO TO THE HOSPITAL until 11:30 so that we wouldn't share a birthday. Can you imagine sitting through contractions, knowing they weren't getting you any closer to a baby (even if she was wrong, that was what she "knew"), knowing that every contraction you risked dying, just so your kids didn't share a birthday? Talk about dedication...
Old 01-24-2008, 11:38 PM

It looks like some us will soon be holding babies in our arms!

So I saw my midwife today, and my sister who is also my birth coach came along. I asked her to check me and I was definitely 1 - stretchy 2 cm dilated, 60% effaced. Yay!!! But boy does that exam hurt! : Now I know she said I would experience some crampiness but all throughout the day I don't think I did. Until I went to babies r us to buy some stuff I didn't get at my baby shower and then I started feeling ctx??? But I didn't pay attention to them, actually I kind of ignored them. But now that I am at home, I am like ow those really hurt. So I guess I should time them or something. What I really want to do is have glass of wine and try and get something to eat and sleep.

On another note. Here is something funny. I went to babies r us because I didn't get a sterilizer at my shower, so I went and bought one, but then I came home only to find out that some one had bought one online and had it shipped to me. So now I have to go back to babies r us and return the one I just bought......
Old 01-25-2008, 12:14 AM - Thread Starter

Well, here I am at 9p after a looooooong sleep and things are still exactly the same.

Time to forage for food.

Sending lots of positive vibes out to those mamas who are having a hard time and ELVs to those who need it.

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
Old 01-25-2008, 12:26 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post

it's nice to hear a longer update from you, ruthiegirl, i've noticed you've been quieter than normal. i hear ya on the prodromal thing- i had it for about a week the last time. i swear, by the end, i was walking 8 miles a day, just trying to keep things going (on top of my normal exercise routine!). but when labor finally "stuck," it was extremely fast. so maybe you'll have the same sort of thing. i sympathize with any discouragement you may be feeling, though.
Thanks. This has been a long couple of weeks. I am finishing up day 14 of nearly round-the-clock contractions. Been a long, strange trip. I was able to sleep for a few solid hours last night, woke up to very painful, strong ctx, and then went back to sleep for a few hours. That is how it has been every night for 2 weeks!

Tonight I had the strongest ctx I have had so far. Many more than usual and few that really knocked the wind out of me. Labor? Maybe, hard to tell after all these false starts. My dh is sweetly carrying on without freaking out on me too much. I don't know what I would do if this was my first baby. Thankfully, we have been through this a few times before.

Anyway, not to gripe too much about me. I know I am very fortunate in that I conceive easily and have had very healthy pregnancies and deliveries. I have to remind myself that this is temporary. Though temporary seems like a mighty looooooooong time.

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

Old 01-25-2008, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by To-Fu View Post
Well, here I am at 9p after a looooooong sleep and things are still exactly the same.

Time to forage for food.

Sending lots of positive vibes out to those mamas who are having a hard time and ELVs to those who need it.

I am definitely sending those positive vibes to you To-Fu:
Old 01-25-2008, 12:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthiegirl View Post
Thanks. This has been a long couple of weeks. I am finishing up day 14 of nearly round-the-clock contractions. Been a long, strange trip. I was able to sleep for a few solid hours last night, woke up to very painful, strong ctx, and then went back to sleep for a few hours. That is how it has been every night for 2 weeks!
Ahhh! How are you still sane?! This is my worst nightmare. I'm so impatient, too... and I've only been having the same irregular-but-painful contractions for 24 hours. No change. Two more weeks? Holy crap, I can't imagine.

Hope you get some "real" labor soon!!

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
Old 01-25-2008, 12:42 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow mamas! Congratulations poisonedpenny. I am thinking of you MamaFern, Tofu, Katimae, Jess.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
Old 01-25-2008, 12:56 AM

Well, today is my due date and Im still very pregnant lol.. Im ready to be done!!
Old 01-25-2008, 01:15 AM

tofu, ruthie- you guys are rock solid awesome for getting on with your laborin' selves. i'm sorry things aren't moving faster. really sorry. i applaud your patience and fortitude.

mamafern- things picking up at all for ya?

nothing much to report here. a few painful ctx through the day. still no mp or bloody show, so i refuse to let dh get excited. since labor went so fast last time, he's really eager to throw me in the car to get to the hospital, which is 60 minutes away from us.

it has been really good having MIL here. i get to nap everyday, and she does all the dishes. not a bad arrangement. i'm getting all the time i need to come and go as i please, and she watches the kids when i need some time. it's been really great to help me relax, exercise, and collect myself for what is to come. whenever that is...

hope you guys have a good night.
look forward to hearing who is holding babies in the morning.

hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

Old 01-25-2008, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonedpenny View Post
Well, I did not need to worry about inducing labor at all.

Full moon did it's trick and I went into the hospital at 2:30 AM and had the baby at 12:12 the next day. Luckily I even had my doc as he just happened to be there with a C-section.

Claire Evelyn is here!
Congratulations!!

~e, wife to my sweet T , mama to my turtleman (12) , sunshine (9 ), and monkey (6)
Old 01-25-2008, 01:53 AM

Jess.. I'm sorry your birth isn't what you wanted, but I hope you have a speedy recovery and you're snuggling with your new little one right now.

~e, wife to my sweet T , mama to my turtleman (12) , sunshine (9 ), and monkey (6)
Old 01-25-2008, 02:47 AM

still pregnant here.. tomorrow I will be 40 wks.. I can manage I went 13 days over with my first so what is another few days? I decided to change my outlook and be ++ about it.. this may be my last pregnancy so I am embracing it.. I can deal with the pain and it's all worth it in the end with the baby.. I just hope he is not HUGE like my first was.. he came out looking like he was 3 months old and he was not a GD baby. I've always passed the tests with flying colors..

I didn't get my hope up too high when I started to lose my plug.. your body can regenerate it so gobs can come out and keep coming out and still be late/overdue... so until I feel some hard ctx that do not fizzle out I'm still in denial about being in labor...

we'll see what this weekend brings.. I am planning on going to see the show. The Business of Being Born and if I go into labor I know I will be surrounded by a lot of MW and other women!
Old 01-25-2008, 03:29 AM

DovMom --

Good to know your perspective on the birthday clustering. It will definitely be birthday season around here in January. I am glad that the baby has held off for the day, though. We're looking good for at least a day apart. I am still shedding some serious mucous. I am biding my time until DH gets out of the shower so that we can have a little romp before bedtime. Can't hurt, right?

Christina, loving being a Mama to three and serving as a Co-Leader of the Holistic Moms Network, Tri-City Area, CA Chapter.

User Tag List