Daily Check-In for 1/24 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 46 Old 01-24-2008, 07:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello to all the slow-cookers and hangers-on! I'm 39+5 and more uncomfortable by the minute.

I'm still up, as usual. Losing lots of my mucous plug all day and starting to have contractions about 15-20 minutes apart, varying in intensity from uncomfortable to "Wow, that kind of really hurts." Waiting for things to fall into a pattern... I'll probably call the midwife at a more reasonable hour to let her know things seem to be moving. I still have no idea what kind of a time line this puts me on, though.

I was super active and nesty today, cleaning the house (still doing that, in fact), getting groceries, and doing laundry at the laundry mat. Gotta clean the bathroom now... if I labor or have to throw up in there, it has to be spotless.

I wonder when I'll be in real labor. Could it be as soon as today? Aiiieee! I wish I knew what to expect.

How's everyone else doing?

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#2 of 46 Old 01-24-2008, 07:38 AM

Yippie!!!! I think I'm in labor too.

We went to a neighbors for Italian food ("come on up" she said "it made me go into labor"). When I got home I realized I had bloody show. Around 2 I lost my mucus plug and I've been having longer, stronger contractions ever since. They're about 5 minutes apart.

Needless to say I can't sleep! I've taken a shower and am trying to wait before I wake up the rest of the house and my midwife. I'm still an hour from where I'll give birth (my mw has birthing cabins-I live in rural AR). Maybe I'll try to sleep but I'm so excited (and contractions are intense!). I guess this is just the beginning.

I hope the rest of you have a beautiful day. Good luck To-Fu. May the full moon bring on more babies!

I'll keep ya posted....Katie :

Katie : mama to Cedar (1/08) lovin my DH
#3 of 46 Old 01-24-2008, 08:08 AM

Yay! Happy labor vibes to both of you mamas, and anyone else who needs/wants them!

...like me! I'm 40+4 today. I have an appt with my CNM this morning, and we're anxious to hear what she says. I know she's not super induction-happy, but the topic may come up.
#4 of 46 Old 01-24-2008, 08:47 AM

To-Fu and katimae@eritter.ne :

I'm 40+4 today. I'm in the midst of cleaning the apartment in the hopes that all the activity will get things started. So far all that has happened is the baby has moved back up closer to my ribs. Maybe she's lost.

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#5 of 46 Old 01-24-2008, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter

I cleaned the heck out of my bathroom, which caused the contractions to slow down and come more irregularly, but they're still hanging around... just way more spaced out and unpredictable.

I wonder how close I am...

P.S. katimae@eritter.ne, I had Italian food tonight as well! Hmmm...

#6 of 46 Old 01-24-2008, 09:21 AM

Hey ladies!!! Good labor vibes to everyone. As for me I just don't know what exactly I am supposed to feel. But as I was walking down 3 filights of stairs to the basesment from my apartment I felt tightness? pain? maybe a crampy ctx feeling???? I then felt another one walking back up that made wonder what that was. But when I sit or lay down I don't feel anything. And i certainly have not had any bloody show Well I have an appt. with my midwife this morning and then after that I am going to clean the bathroom. (I currently share an apartment with my sister who is soon moving out and my SO will be moving in...Thank God) Unfortunately she was supposed to clean it for me, but she is not so I will have to do it myself, can't ever wait on other people to ever do anything for you or you will be waiting forever.....

Anyway I just wish something would happen, my eldest sister is coming up for week starting saturday and my mom is supposed to take off 2 weeks to help me when I get home with the baby but I don't want her to take off the room time and not get to be of full help.... Come on KJ, come make you appearance, mommy and daddy really want to meet you.

Oh I am definitely asking my midwife to be checked, I really need to know if anything is happening down there.
#7 of 46 Old 01-24-2008, 09:21 AM

i went to bed and started having CX around 11:00 i think but prettty much slept through them. its 4am now and ive been having about 40 second long ones (manageable but def. painful) every 5-8 minutes... yay! i can't sleep now though!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#8 of 46 Old 01-24-2008, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern View Post
i went to bed and started having CX around 11:00 i think but prettty much slept through them. its 4am now and ive been having about 40 second long ones (manageable but def. painful) every 5-8 minutes... yay! i can't sleep now though!
Yessss! How awesome would that be if you could do this without the castor oil and all that stuff?!

Go, you! Can't wait to hear more.

#9 of 46 Old 01-24-2008, 09:46 AM

At least someone is going to have a baby in there arms pretty soon! Can't wait for the updates.
#10 of 46 Old 01-24-2008, 09:53 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Well, all I am off here shortly for my C-sec

Wish us well and please think of me today. I really thought I would be OK if it came down to this and I am not.

I wish all of you well and hope there are several babies by the time I check back in!

belly.gifSAHM, carseat geek, cattle raising woman to 5 girls (15, 10, 8, 6, 2) wild.gifand a stork-suprise.gif due in July!
#11 of 46 Old 01-24-2008, 09:53 AM

MamaFern :

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#12 of 46 Old 01-24-2008, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessmcg View Post

Wish us well and please think of me today. I really thought I would be OK if it came down to this and I am not.

I wish all of you well and hope there are several babies by the time I check back in!
jess..im so sorry that you are having to face this. i wish the world worked in a different way sometimes..
love and healing to you..and check in when you can. we will be thinking of you mama!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#13 of 46 Old 01-24-2008, 09:57 AM

happy labor vibes mamas!! Im excited- i love baby updates.

39 wks tomorrow- yesterday i was feeling really sick- i took a bunch of garlic and vit c and today i feel better. woo hoo! contractions were really strong last night for a long time then fizzled away around bedtime. my last bebe came at 39 so I'm hoping this week is it. i'm so ready for her

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif
#14 of 46 Old 01-24-2008, 09:58 AM

i never have before.. but i thought it would be fun.. here is whats going on for me..

start time end time duration frequency

04:50:05 am 04:51:08 am 1 mins, 3 secs 5 mins, 4 secs
04:45:00 am 04:45:59 am 59 secs 6 mins, 14 secs
04:38:46 am 04:40:03 am 1 mins, 17 secs

Quote:

#15 of 46 Old 01-24-2008, 10:55 AM

Hello, January Mamas,

Nothing going on here, as ususal! I do feel like cleaning the bathroom, so that's a plus. The past few days, I've been really Lazzzy!

Sounds like there are several mamas ready to go today, Yippee!!! Happy laboring to MamaFern, To-Fu, and katimae@eritter.ne.

Jessmcg - my thoughts are with you at this time. I am hoping for a quick and safe recovery for both you and baby.

~Amanda&BabyMac
#16 of 46 Old 01-24-2008, 11:00 AM

When DS woke me up at 4 to nurse (he nursed for TWO HOURS. Helloooo! I need my sleep!), I was having sporadic sort-of-painful contractions. Then I majorly overslept. Now I'm trying to decide whether to go to work or not. No bloody show, but I am still passing mucus every now and then. When DS was nursing, I had contractions 5-10 minutes apart, but now they're stop and go again.
#17 of 46 Old 01-24-2008, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern View Post

Hooray!!!! That is so awesome! Wishing you the best and an easy labor. Will be thinking of you today.

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#18 of 46 Old 01-24-2008, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessmcg View Post

Oh, mama. I am sorry you are not having the birth you want.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

#19 of 46 Old 01-24-2008, 11:30 AM

Good morning to all!

I haven't been checking in the past couple of days. I have been a demon bitch and felt like I shouldn't expose you all to my evil, hormonal wrath. I finally had to confess to dh that I am in a lot of pain and I need more help with the kids.

Good man is working from home for the next few days and will be taking some time off next week if we are still pregnant. I am hoping to be holding a baby in a day or two and then dh will be on full leave for a while.

Anyhow, I seem to have shaken off some of the grouchies this morning. Well, some of them at least.

I am still living in prodromal hell. This has been the strangest pregnancy by far. The baby is moving a lot and I can't tell if s/he is still posterior or what. For a while, I could feel a big bum waaaaaay off to my right side which was the bib tip off that the baby was positioned improperly. Now, I think the bum is front and center. At least, I think that is what I am feeling. Hard to know.

ELV to all and wishing everyone a good day.

#20 of 46 Old 01-24-2008, 12:31 PM

contractions are a bit more spaced out but WAY stronger and longer now.. its early morning and everyone is sleeping still, so im just dealing with them alone... its kinda nice... i'm glad i'm not being slammed into hard labour like i thought i would.. yay. having a baby is fun!

Quote:

#21 of 46 Old 01-24-2008, 12:55 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#22 of 46 Old 01-24-2008, 01:00 PM

what an exciting day around here!

mamafern, tofu, and katimae-- i am thrilled for you!

it's nice to hear a longer update from you, ruthiegirl, i've noticed you've been quieter than normal. i hear ya on the prodromal thing- i had it for about a week the last time. i swear, by the end, i was walking 8 miles a day, just trying to keep things going (on top of my normal exercise routine!). but when labor finally "stuck," it was extremely fast. so maybe you'll have the same sort of thing. i sympathize with any discouragement you may be feeling, though.

40+3 here. this was the day of gestation that i went with #2 (even longer with #1). i feel like i've got a while longer to go. but i'm okay with whatever now. the only things i have left to do around here are things i honestly don't want to get around to doing, anyway. i've started drinking RRL tea for the heck of it, and i'm keeping up my exercise, but other than that, i'm not making any efforts to coax him out (though DH might want to try some tricks later, if i let him ). ask me in a week- maybe i'll regret feeling so patient now!

anyway, i will be watching for any updates from you guys.
ELVs all around,
hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#23 of 46 Old 01-24-2008, 01:18 PM

Well I am so glad to see some real action around here! mamafern and tofu what great news......esp you mamafern this would be amazing if your body really did this just before you were going to take the castor oil and such-I'm telling you the mind is so powerful! Tofu I hope this is it for you, it really sounds like it is......

I on the other hand am STILL WAITING:

It has been very hard the last couple of days.....I can barely sleep because of my hips. I feel like crying at the drop of a pin because I feel so uncomfortable. I have lost most of my urge to nest because it really feels like I am going to be pregnant forever. It's funny because you know how you always say that at the end? I think it's expected of us to say that we feel like we are going to be pregnant forever.....anyways this time I really mean it! I have never felt this pregnant. I think I am very depressed. I keep my phone turned off because I don't want to talk to anyone, I don't like going anywhere because I am so big and just getting in and out of the car is so much work, and everywhere I go people just stare like I am some weird person that sticks out!

I don't even want to talk to my MW about all this because I know she is just going to tell me everything I already know.....So I feel like I am shutting down. I can't believe this.....I actually bought everything to do a belly cast yesterday thinking that maybe the would lift my spirits....and I was just reading AngelaB's post about how she did her herself because I think that is what I will end up doing because there is no one to help unless I can have my husband do it and he wouldn't be able to until the weekend......

I am just so down these days......
#24 of 46 Old 01-24-2008, 02:04 PM

Aaargh. Contractions seem to have stopped entirely -- or at least, they've gone down so far in intensity that I only notice a contraction when I'm doing nothing.

I slept in until 8 this morning b/c DS was up from 4-6 nursing (lots of contractions then! ) and then I started off working from home because if this was it I didn't want to have to commute home to labor. Then I had no contractions at all between 8:30 and 9:00 so I changed my mind and when in to the office -- got here at 10:30; 1 (maybe 2) contractions since then. No bloody show. Last time I never felt a single painful contraction until labor, so I guess the chance of starting and stopping like this didn't seem real to me.

I want my baby! I want to know that it is safe. I want to see its face. I want to hold it and love it.

On another note -- I'd been barely feeling the baby move at all for a couple of weeks (doc said it was fine because the biophysicals were okay, even though she had to wait the full 1/2 hour to get movements both times). This morning, all of a sudden, it's moving all over the place again. Reaction to contractions?

DS1 was so affectionate last night and this morning; I'm feeling kind of sad about bringing home a new baby and having to curb his enthusiastic climbing all over me all night. The past two days I left after he was awake already, and, for the first time, instead of crying hysterically when I left, he clung to me briefly, then let me hand him off to MIL, and he waved "bye-bye" with just a little tearing in his eyes. My baby boy is growing up! But he's still such a little baby, and I wish so badly I could be home with him through his babyhood. At least I'll have the next couple of months off...
#25 of 46 Old 01-24-2008, 03:42 PM

MAMAFERNYay! You'll have a wonderful birthing, I've been sending you lots of happy thoughts the past few days

HCMWe have the same due date & I'm in the same boat with ya. Not really trying much but exercise to coax the little one out & hoping that I don't end up regretting it. I don't want her to feel like I don't want her in there but I really do want to hold her already

JESS I'm sad you're having to go through another C section when you don't really want it that way. At least you'll have a happy healthy baby on the other side. We're all sending you lots of love : l
#26 of 46 Old 01-24-2008, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter

The cleaning frenzy I went on in the wee hours of the morning made my contractions much more mild and infrequent, but they came back (of course) once I lay down to go to sleep. They've been around every 20 minutes, not super regular, but much more intense. Ow!

Do some women really do this for a week or more? Yow! I hope things get moving sooner rather than later.

Still losing mucous plug. Tired. Hopeful.

ELV to all who need it!

#27 of 46 Old 01-24-2008, 04:19 PM

tofu..

my contractions are still about the same time and length (5 mins apart..40-60 seconds long) but they are gaining in intensity. i have to really breathe through them. sitting on the birth ball helps..
we have been doing some cleaning and getting the pool set up and stuff.. i feel like its taking forever for things to get going but they havn't slowed at all, so i know im going in the right direction...my midwife is in clinic right now and says to give her a "big heads up" but at this point i dont know how im going to do that.. it feels like nothing has changed since i spoke yto her this am.. but they have, you know?!~ im in that totally indecisive having a baby head space. im a bit worried that all of a sudden im going to want to push or something.. i started at 5cm..so these contractions have likely done something. baby isnt moving much either, but enough to keep me comforted.

Quote:

#28 of 46 Old 01-24-2008, 05:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thinking of you!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
#29 of 46 Old 01-24-2008, 05:42 PM

Well, I did not need to worry about inducing labor at all.

Full moon did it's trick and I went into the hospital at 2:30 AM and had the baby at 12:12 the next day. Luckily I even had my doc as he just happened to be there with a C-section.

Claire Evelyn is here!
#30 of 46 Old 01-24-2008, 07:02 PM

that is so great mama!! yay! welcome evelyn!

well, i'm still here..things are going slowly but it feels just right. my midwife came and checked me..said get to the pool filled up and set stuff up...im still about 5cm but my cervix is totally effaced and thinned..she said its just a matter of me really going into active labour. the contractions hurt..a lot. but they are still like 5 minutes apart. part of me is impatient and part of me is scared, so i guess ill have to battle it out with myself.

Quote:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page