I want to do it again!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-25-2008, 12:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I want another home birth. Too soon to be thinking about that, I know. But I already know I want to do it again. Super long labor and all.

It's a hard feeling to explain, but I feel like a completely different woman. My home birth captured the strength a woman has but that I didn't even know existed in me. It was primal and beautiful. Somehow, now... I feel like I touched something of all the generations before me. And I KNOW when my babies have their babies I'll tell them how this experience changed me.

I had 3 very good hospital births. But this was just so different and amazing. And I can't wait until I can try it again.
#2 of 10 Old 01-25-2008, 12:47 AM

I loved my home births too! Although I don't have hospital births to compare to....

I was saying I wanted another one after this one too, but now I think I've changed my mind after a day of listening to screaming LOL

SAM, momma to 3 beautiful babies: Tristan (5), Gabriel (4) , & Brighton (2)

#3 of 10 Old 01-25-2008, 01:25 AM

Im glad you had an amazing birth... My last baby was our first homebirth and the day he was born I kept saying no more no more (both previous babys were hospitals with epis and very little pain lol) and then about a week later it was okay one more would be great because id love another homebirth lol... and this time im sitting here due today and waiting for my first unassisted birth... if he ever decides to come lol
#4 of 10 Old 01-25-2008, 02:43 AM

I know what you mean about wanting to do it again. Its so amazing, so empowering to be able to give birth the way you want.
I felt so great after I had Rhiannon, and it almost made me want to have another baby.
Almost.
As great of an experience it was, I would rather not go through that pain again

waiting on the power of the three wolf moon. 
#5 of 10 Old 01-25-2008, 06:29 AM

Your title made me laugh. DH told me he'd doesn't want the next one to be too far apart in age from this one (who we haven't even birthed yet, mind you).. I looked at him like he was nuts I can't think about the next one yet, I haven't even had this one!

But I'm glad you had such an awesome birth- the fact that you want to do it again, especially having such a fresh memory, speaks volumes!

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#6 of 10 Old 01-25-2008, 06:46 AM

I'm happy you had the opportunity to have a homebirth.

Warmest wishes for you and family :-)
#7 of 10 Old 01-25-2008, 12:10 PM

Me too!

You really captured how I feel with your post . . . home birthing was such a transformative experience for me.

Stay-at-home mom to 2 beautiful.busy.boisterous boys b. 08.17.05 & 12.29.08
Nirvana is . . . the living happiness of a soul which is conscious of itself and conscious of having found its own abode in the heart of the Eternal. --Gandhi
#8 of 10 Old 01-25-2008, 09:20 PM

I am so glad you had an amazing birth!!! It gives me alot of encouragement!
Angela
#9 of 10 Old 01-25-2008, 09:59 PM

its funny, this is my 3rd homebirth, but somehow its perfectness makes the other two seem so just "ok" that i would like to it again some day too.. but 3 is good too

im so glad you had such an empowering birth. its life changing..thats for sure.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#10 of 10 Old 01-26-2008, 12:03 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHatBrat View Post
It's a hard feeling to explain, but I feel like a completely different woman. My home birth captured the strength a woman has but that I didn't even know existed in me. It was primal and beautiful. Somehow, now... I feel like I touched something of all the generations before me.
Yeah I had that "feeling all the women" thing with my first birth (even though it was traumatic). That is a VERY VERY cool feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverdoingitagain View Post
I know what you mean about wanting to do it again. Its so amazing, so empowering to be able to give birth the way you want. I felt so great after I had Rhiannon, and it almost made me want to have another baby. Almost.
I KWYM

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page