Daily Check in for 1/25 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 06:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
geez, i'm so happy to hear from mamafern. that makes my day.

tofu? amanda? crbyard? ruthiegirl? any updates? i've been thinking of you.

my NST and u/s were just fine. nothing more to report here. mild ctx, i think, but nothing at all worth even thinking about.

looking for more updates!
hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 07:17 PM

Still hanging in there. Not a whole lot to report today. About the same as yesterday. Maybe a few more contractions? Still nothing very close together or painful. Oh well...40+6 and holding. Midwife appointment in the morning.

Livin' the good life here in Connecticut with my DH hug2.gif and our three fabulous boys grouphug.gif(4/3/06, 2/4/08 and 5/20/10) Hoping to try for Sweet Baby #4 in December! blowkiss.gif

#33 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 08:52 PM

I'm having another tough day........feeling like I need to have a really good cry or something. Feeling very alone. I have been really stressing about my house, I feel like I just cannot give birth in anything close to messy-so I have been doing laundry all day and trying to pick up after my kids which is just about pointless....but my bathroom is clean and so is the floor ion the kitchen which I have been wanting to do all week. My bedroom is still quite a mess so I will have to tackle that.

All the while of course waiting to go into labor. I just want to give birth. My midwife says that the baby's head is so far down there which makes sense, I can barley walk. I am 41 weeks today and there is nothing going on in there except some movement now and then.

I am happy for everyone out there that is birthing or just plain upbeat about all this....please send some of those vibes this way please
#34 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 08:57 PM

Speaking of cleaning, I gave birth on our bathroom floor, and with the huge GUSH when she was born, of course there was a bit of splatter. There was also a puddle that went under the sink base (stone tile floor, and the sink base is 5" up off of the ground on feet). The midwives cleaned everything up, but there are one or two little splatters on the walls still, and the grout under the sink base could use a good cleaning.

I cannot bring myself to erase these last little pieces of the birth. How weird is that? I have a feeling that I'll still be looking at those splatters and dirty grout a year from now, remembering fondly the day she was born on my bathroom floor.

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#35 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 08:59 PM

big hugs to you, hadassah. i know your time will come soon.

i hope you either get a chance to catch up on cleaning the place to your liking or resting and breathing deeply by yourself- whichever feels better at the time. hormones suck.

how are you feeling for 41 weeks?

hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#36 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 09:51 PM - Thread Starter

Hello, Jan Mamas,

Hope all is well with you all. I have been having contractions, pretty intense anywhere from 5 to 7 minutes apart. Our midwife came by and will come back tonight when things pick up. I am passing meconium, which is too bad, but we know BabyMac will be OK. I can't wait to get this over with and meet our little bundle-of-joy.

Happy labor vibes to all!

~Amanda&BabyMac
#37 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplehome View Post
Did I ever tell you guys that we named her? Her name is Elsa.

We're in toddler h*ll over here. Poor kiddo is having middle-of-the-night tantrums like I've never seen before....the exact reason that he gives at the time vary, but it all comes down to "I don't want us to have a baby at our house, mama". Sigh. This WILL get better, yes? This "babymoon" has been horrid, nothing like I had hoped or imagined. This is our last child, and I feel so melancholy over the loss. When I'm alone with her, at least I can enjoy my personal bliss, but I'm feeling very alone in that right now.

Seeing people posting about how in love their toddlers are just makes me wonder if we've done something wrong.

I TOTALLY hear you! DD has been having a REALLY hard time sleeping. Lots of late night tantrums. I posted a couple days ago about her being up until 4am. Last night is the FIRST night since we've been home that she's went to bed at a decent time and stayed asleep all night. It may have helped that I took her to the children's museum and let her run wild for a few hours.

DD is totally in love with DS. She really is. But she's also having to adjust to the fact that DS is here to stay. It's a big adjustment and she'll get through it. So will your LO. And so will you and me.
#38 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 10:00 PM

ELV's to you labouring mamas!!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#39 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 10:55 PM

Wow, I feel so incredibly unsupported right now...
Thank goodness for my mom & DP or I would be even worse off
#40 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 11:22 PM

40+2

I went to my MW check up appt today for a non stress test and baby is healthy and doing fine. She went ahead and swept my membranes which I was not expecting to hurt as bad as it did. But she got me dialated from a 2 to a 4!

Later in the day I went to the bathroom and think I might have lost my mucus plug - not sure since I don't know what it looks like, I've only read about what it might look like. But I've been really crampy and I don't think I've had any real contrax. I just want things to get going - I'm starting to think she's never coming out! I can't wait to see her and love her up!

I've also started having anxiety about once she gets here, I won't have the "just me and Bradley (our son) time" again and it makes me sad. I know we will all have fun together and we can still do things just me and him but it's just so weird to try to imagine having another little one around. But exciting at the same time!

Good luck to all of you having babies right now - keep up posted and can't wait to see pics!
#41 of 43 Old 01-26-2008, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMARabbitt View Post
rabbitt, did something happen at your mw appointment?

it's not like you to sound so down.

#42 of 43 Old 01-26-2008, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMARabbitt View Post

We're here for you!

~e, wife to my sweet T , mama to my turtleman (12) , sunshine (9 ), and monkey (6)
#43 of 43 Old 01-26-2008, 01:33 AM

I haven't stopped in for a few days - so exciting to hear about all the labouring moms! I'm sure we'll have some more new babies soon...

And congrats to those who have had babies since I was last here...when I get a bit more time, I'm going to check out all your birth stories (and write mine...that's been on the "to do" list for a while now...)

Sleep is getting better, baby Madeleine is a champion nurser, so things are mostly great. We're at my parents' place for a week while hubby works nearby, so I have lots of help (thanks, Mom!). Our 22 month old is being a little challenging lately, and waking up more at night. (yawn)

Gotta go spell off dh getting ds to sleep.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page