Daily Check in for 1/25 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 03:39 AM - Thread Starter
 
amandamac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: panhandle
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello, Everyone,

I didn't think this was possible, but my water just broke 12:30am. I am sitting on an overnight pad, but should probably get back to the toilet. I haven't had any contractions, except for two, a few days ago...this is a really big surprise!!!

~Amanda&BabyMac
amandamac is offline  
#2 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 04:20 AM
 
hadassah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yay! Good luck! How exciting....keep us posted....
hadassah is offline  
#3 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 04:29 AM
 
baschabad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ooh! Lucky!
My due date was yesterday... I can't wait to have my- oh my gosh! I think it just hit me. I'm going to have a BABY?!?
Yay! A family of three!
... am I doing the right thing? Yikes! There's no turning back now!
baschabad is offline  
#4 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 04:38 AM
 
carmelnap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 170
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thats exciting amandamac...woot!!! another baby on the way!

As for me, well i have been having consistent contractions since yesterday afternoon, after following the midwife's advice of taking a shower and getting some sleep, they have not gone away. Still consistent and they still hurt. It looks like I am in early labor..... anyway back to trying to get some sleep.
carmelnap is offline  
#5 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 04:55 AM
 
To-Fu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: On the base ship
Posts: 4,481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Carmelnap, how far apart are your contractions?

Amandamac, how exciting! Let us know how it goes.

I'm still here, having irregular but painful contractions somewhere in the vicinity of every 15-20 mins. I had a bit more bloody show today, but nothing for a while. I'm scared this will go on for weeks. Not sure I could handle that.

My due date is Saturday. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
To-Fu is offline  
#6 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 06:11 AM
 
muttix2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,827
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
amandamac :

carmelnap More : for you! I hope today is your day

Nothing going on here. I had a crazy urge to scrub the kids' bathroom floor which I just finished doing after numerous breaks. I felt a little uncomfortable while doing it but no actual contractions started.

Mama to two boys and a girl.
muttix2 is offline  
#7 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 06:20 AM
 
ollineeba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Doing better than I deserve..
Posts: 5,549
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Amandamac- That is exciting! Good luck to you and update us later when you can!


Well, I'm now two days past the later of my two due dates. Still feeling pretty good, just a bit uncomfortable at times. Strong crampy-like braxton hicks, but that's it.
I was sort of expecting to go past my due date since I was 10 days 'late' with dd.. but it's such a waiting game, never knowing when it's going to happen!
This pg-induced insomnia is rough, though.. I'm going to be so tired in the morning. Ugh.
Labor vibes to all our mamas! I can't believe it's the 25th already.. wow!

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
ollineeba is offline  
#8 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 06:52 AM - Thread Starter
 
amandamac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: panhandle
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I spent about 2 hours on the toilet leaking...what an odd feeling, but somehow refreshing. I am having contractions, they are intense when they come, but are still far apart. So long as I breathe and relax, they don't hurt.

I just finished last minute preparations, and wanted to give a quick update.

Thank you so much for all of your kind words and encouragement. This will be my first, and at home. It is a little scarry, and exciting at the same time!

I better get my butt in bed, while I still can :-)


~Amanda&BabyMac
amandamac is offline  
#9 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 07:09 AM - Thread Starter
 
amandamac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: panhandle
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
that won't be happening, way too painful. Had to wake DH up to help me get out of bed. He is resting, so that's good...will need his strength later.
amandamac is offline  
#10 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 07:24 AM
 
Ruthiegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Feet in the mud, head in the clouds
Posts: 3,636
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamac View Post
that won't be happening, way too painful. Had to wake DH up to help me get out of bed. He is resting, so that's good...will need his strength later.
Sounds like things are moving right along. It is a wonderful day to have a baby!

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

Ruthiegirl is offline  
#11 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 07:31 AM
 
Ruthiegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Feet in the mud, head in the clouds
Posts: 3,636
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by To-Fu View Post

I'm still here, having irregular but painful contractions somewhere in the vicinity of every 15-20 mins. I had a bit more bloody show today, but nothing for a while. I'm scared this will go on for weeks. Not sure I could handle that.

My due date is Saturday. Maybe I'll get lucky.
Oh Tofu, I hope my griping and complaining about prodromal labor haven't spooked you. My midwife and I talked about my labor process. She said prodromal labor is quite common for women having their 3rd and 4th babies, but doesn't happen often for first time mamas. Your uterus is in much better shape than mine!

Sending you peace and good labor vibes. It sounds like your body is doing a good job of starting the labor process. I hope you see some good progress today.

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

Ruthiegirl is offline  
#12 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 07:42 AM
 
Ruthiegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Feet in the mud, head in the clouds
Posts: 3,636
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmelnap View Post

As for me, well i have been having consistent contractions since yesterday afternoon, after following the midwife's advice of taking a shower and getting some sleep, they have not gone away. Still consistent and they still hurt. It looks like I am in early labor..... anyway back to trying to get some sleep.
Sounds like good news!

Hope you are sleeping well and getting the rest you need.

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

Ruthiegirl is offline  
#13 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 07:49 AM
 
Ruthiegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Feet in the mud, head in the clouds
Posts: 3,636
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I guess I should update on me a bit too. Up early this morning after a great night's sleep. Seriously weird for me...I slept from 10 to 4:30 am without getting up once. Of course, my poor bladder was screaming in pain this morning when I finally hobbled to the toilet, but it was worth it to get some sleep.

Contractions started up again all ready. : I had some crazy fast ones last night that scared me a bit. One on top of the other on top of another. I hopped in the tub and they slowed and stopped. For a while there I thought we were having a baby, but no such luck.

This has to be the weirdest labor ever.

But I am in a great mood today. It is dh's birthday, my due date (!), and we have loads of friends coming over tonight for a potluck. There is a stack of organically raised spare ribs marinating in the fridge and I made a huuuuuuuge chocolate cake yesterday.

Spicy ribs and cake sound like the perfect recipe for gastronomical induction. :

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

Ruthiegirl is offline  
#14 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 08:03 AM
 
crbyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 767
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Alright, AmandaMac, it looks like it's you and me, baby! This is our day! I woke up at precicely 12:00 midnight to my first contraction. They have been coming regularly every 10 minutes since. I have been trying to sleep, but decided to crank up the water heater and have something to eat before it's too late. I am listening to my hypnosis cd in bed and it is really helping me to relax and get some rest. Looks like the "action" with DH really helped move things along last night. I can't believe we'll have babies in our arms soon!

Hurray!

Christina, loving being a Mama to three and serving as a Co-Leader of the Holistic Moms Network, Tri-City Area, CA Chapter.

crbyard is offline  
#15 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter
 
amandamac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: panhandle
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Crbyard ,

Good luck, I can't wait to hear your good news!

I have read the Hypnobirth book by Mongan, but never got around to listening to the CD, so you are awesome, happy relaxation and meditation!

I am breathing/relaxing through my contractions. They are not painful, just intense. I feel a lot of downward pressure, so we'll see how fast BabyMac wants to come...it could be another 24 hours.

To-Fu, it sounds like things are progressing for you, too! We could be holding our babies really soon, yay!


~Amanda&BabyMac
amandamac is offline  
#16 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 08:19 AM
 
To-Fu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: On the base ship
Posts: 4,481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Haven't seen any MP in a while and contractions are coming anywhere between 8 minutes and 17 minutes apart. They were in a holding pattern while I was relaxing on the couch, but spaced out again when I got up and moved around. Bah!

Hope you other laboring mamas are progressing. (I don't even know if I can say I'm in labor yet...)

So excited for mamafern!

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
To-Fu is offline  
#17 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 09:09 AM
 
rosie29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Green Bay, WI
Posts: 1,383
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats and ELV to the laboring mamas!
rosie29 is offline  
#18 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 09:32 AM
 
Dov'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 1,728
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm still getting irregular painful contractions. I don't know how frequent they were at night, but I know it certainly feels like I was up dozens of times! Though since sitting down at the computer 20 minutes ago, I've had exactly 1, so I'm not too excited about progress... Still losing mucus, so hopefully something is happening in there.
Dov'sMom is offline  
#19 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 09:49 AM
 
anudi01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 857
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ELV to all you contracting mucus plug losing Mamas! Congrats to all you headed to active laborland!

I however have met up with my due date, and believe it or not, I'm begging this baby to stay put for another couple of days.

As you all have probably heard my whinning over the last week or so, I have been battleing a HORRENDOUS sinus infection, which just seems to keep morphing. I have done everything to make this sucker go away. NO SUCH LUCK! I use the Neti pot twice a day, been taking about 1 gram of Vitamin C daily, GSE twice a day for the infection, probiotics, gargle with salt water (so it doesn't move to my throat, sitting over the misty vaporizer to breath and moisten nasal passages, chiropractic treatments, and cranial sacral therapy!!! Overkill maybe???

This thing has moved and is now affecting my jaw and teeth. YEOW! I would take laboring 100 times over this ANY DAY!! Hopefully today is the day I start recovering, then I'll be READY!!!

Kids are better, but just have a lingering cough, and hubby is good to go! Mama just needs to get better. I know this baby definately knows it too. I keep having contractions, loose stools, and then I PRAY this baby stays put. I tell him or her, to just wait a little longer. He's listening too, b/c contractions will just stop. On the pregnancy side...I have no complaints! I actually feel GREAT! No aches and pains, nothing.

Anyway, sorry to take over.

Warm thoughts to all you Mamas. You have been a vital support for me this pregnacy. I cyber-love you all! And I so can't believe I just said that

Have a good day.
anudi01 is offline  
#20 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 11:23 AM
 
Tiffany_PartyOf5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,072
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was due yesterday and Im sooo ready to be done.. dh and I dtd this morning in hopes of getting something started lol.. which was totally unappealing to me lol.. but hey, Im tired of being pregnant lol.. and Im HUGE.. After lunch, the kids and I are heading to the mall to speed walk LOL... And since mom is in town (and is going to be taking kids to Orlando with her if I go into labor today or tomorrow morning lol... but is def. taking the biggest kid regardless of if I go into labor or not lol), dh, the kids, and i are meeting her at our most favorite Mexican restaurant (fave restaurant period lol) for dinner after she and dh get off work lol..

Sooo Im hoping for a baby this weekend lol. If I go past tomorrow, I will be the most pregnant I have ever been LOL.. My longest pregnancy was 40w2d with Alex.
Tiffany_PartyOf5 is offline  
#21 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 12:07 PM
 
HardCoreMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in the woods of NW CT
Posts: 935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
geez, there's so much activity here this morning!

amanda, that is SO exciting! i hope things are going well in labor right now.

and the same goes for you, crbyard! today is a fine day to have a baby.

ruthiegirl, i had a night like that a few days ago- i slept for soooo long, i was a little frightened when i woke up, that something was wrong. but i think it was my body collecting its strength. with all of that prodromal stress you've been under lately, it's no wonder that your body would stop you for an evening to recharge. maybe it means things will start happening more quickly now.

to-fu, i'm sorry you've been in this pattern, too. i'm sure you've gotten lots of advice, but maybe you could walk a bit? i found that in my prodromal experiences, it helped the contractions to be more effective until the point that my water broke... and then there was no turning back. but then again, i didn't have any bloody show until the actual labor day, so maybe my advice means nothing in your situation. still, you have my sympathy and encouragement!

anudi, i, too suffered sinus torture through my whole week 39. i could not breathe without moaning in pain, and swallowing was nearly impossible. i don't remember feeling so sick in at least a decade. i really hope you feel better very soon. like: now. during my time sick in this thread, lots of people encouraged me that the baby would hold off as long as my body wasn't strong enough to labor, but you gotta believe i was nervous about it. so, um, yeah. i will send all of my healing vibes to you today.

dov'smom- hope you're hanging in there ok, too. it sounds like you're in good company with the coming-and-going ctx, but i am sure they're getting you somewhere!


things here are fine. i'm pretty comfortable as long as i keep active- my treadmill is my best friend right now. passing ctx, but nothing very exciting and absolutely no MP or bloody show. i am feeling very thankful that the baby is anterior and that i am feeling strong and healthy. trying not to let any stress get to me- ignoring phone calls or e-mails or comments i hear from people about being overdue. shove it, peeps! baby will come when baby is ready! at least that's how i feel this week!

gotta have another NST and fluid check today.

wishing everyone HEALTH, ELVs, and a happy day.
hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

 

HardCoreMom is offline  
#22 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 12:13 PM
 
PoolSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
40w1d.

NUTS i tell you! I wanna be soooooooooo done! DONE!

You hear that baby sister?!? Mommy wants to be done!

Back labor started up again last night. Nothing better than watching some crime shows at 4am. Ugh, i'm sleepy today.

I have an end in sight. If she doesn't want to make it out today, tomorrow morning 5am, i get to start the pit drip. Oh joyous fun!
PoolSide is offline  
#23 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 12:30 PM
 
Hollysmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamac View Post
Hello, Everyone,

I didn't think this was possible, but my water just broke 12:30am. I am sitting on an overnight pad, but should probably get back to the toilet. I haven't had any contractions, except for two, a few days ago...this is a really big surprise!!!

~Amanda&BabyMac
ELV to you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baschabad View Post
Ooh! Lucky!
My due date was yesterday... I can't wait to have my- oh my gosh! I think it just hit me. I'm going to have a BABY?!?
Yay! A family of three!
... am I doing the right thing? Yikes! There's no turning back now!
Can't wait to hear the good news!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmelnap View Post
As for me, well i have been having consistent contractions since yesterday afternoon, after following the midwife's advice of taking a shower and getting some sleep, they have not gone away. Still consistent and they still hurt. It looks like I am in early labor..... anyway back to trying to get some sleep.
Hope the baby gets here soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthiegirl View Post
I guess I should update on me a bit too. Up early this morning after a great night's sleep. Seriously weird for me...I slept from 10 to 4:30 am without getting up once. Of course, my poor bladder was screaming in pain this morning when I finally hobbled to the toilet, but it was worth it to get some sleep.

Contractions started up again all ready. : I had some crazy fast ones last night that scared me a bit. One on top of the other on top of another. I hopped in the tub and they slowed and stopped. For a while there I thought we were having a baby, but no such luck.

This has to be the weirdest labor ever.

But I am in a great mood today. It is dh's birthday, my due date (!), and we have loads of friends coming over tonight for a potluck. There is a stack of organically raised spare ribs marinating in the fridge and I made a huuuuuuuge chocolate cake yesterday.

Spicy ribs and cake sound like the perfect recipe for gastronomical induction. :
Sounds like you and I are having very similar experiences. This is my third and it feels like I have been in some sort of early labor for weeks. Today is my due date and my Dad's birthday. Hang in there, it is going to be our day soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbyard View Post
Alright, AmandaMac, it looks like it's you and me, baby! This is our day! I woke up at precicely 12:00 midnight to my first contraction. They have been coming regularly every 10 minutes since. I have been trying to sleep, but decided to crank up the water heater and have something to eat before it's too late. I am listening to my hypnosis cd in bed and it is really helping me to relax and get some rest. Looks like the "action" with DH really helped move things along last night. I can't believe we'll have babies in our arms soon!

Hurray!
ELV sent your way!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by To-Fu View Post
Haven't seen any MP in a while and contractions are coming anywhere between 8 minutes and 17 minutes apart. They were in a holding pattern while I was relaxing on the couch, but spaced out again when I got up and moved around. Bah!

Hope you other laboring mamas are progressing. (I don't even know if I can say I'm in labor yet...)

So excited for mamafern!
Hope today is your day!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anudi01 View Post
I however have met up with my due date, and believe it or not, I'm begging this baby to stay put for another couple of days.

As you all have probably heard my whinning over the last week or so, I have been battleing a HORRENDOUS sinus infection, which just seems to keep morphing. I have done everything to make this sucker go away. NO SUCH LUCK! I use the Neti pot twice a day, been taking about 1 gram of Vitamin C daily, GSE twice a day for the infection, probiotics, gargle with salt water (so it doesn't move to my throat, sitting over the misty vaporizer to breath and moisten nasal passages, chiropractic treatments, and cranial sacral therapy!!! Overkill maybe???

This thing has moved and is now affecting my jaw and teeth. YEOW! I would take laboring 100 times over this ANY DAY!! Hopefully today is the day I start recovering, then I'll be READY!!!

Kids are better, but just have a lingering cough, and hubby is good to go! Mama just needs to get better. I know this baby definately knows it too. I keep having contractions, loose stools, and then I PRAY this baby stays put. I tell him or her, to just wait a little longer. He's listening too, b/c contractions will just stop. On the pregnancy side...I have no complaints! I actually feel GREAT! No aches and pains, nothing.

Anyway, sorry to take over.

Warm thoughts to all you Mamas. You have been a vital support for me this pregnacy. I cyber-love you all! And I so can't believe I just said that

Have a good day.
I so hope you are feeling better soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany_PartyOf5 View Post
I was due yesterday and Im sooo ready to be done.. dh and I dtd this morning in hopes of getting something started lol.. which was totally unappealing to me lol.. but hey, Im tired of being pregnant lol.. and Im HUGE.. After lunch, the kids and I are heading to the mall to speed walk LOL... And since mom is in town (and is going to be taking kids to Orlando with her if I go into labor today or tomorrow morning lol... but is def. taking the biggest kid regardless of if I go into labor or not lol), dh, the kids, and i are meeting her at our most favorite Mexican restaurant (fave restaurant period lol) for dinner after she and dh get off work lol..

Sooo Im hoping for a baby this weekend lol. If I go past tomorrow, I will be the most pregnant I have ever been LOL.. My longest pregnancy was 40w2d with Alex.
I tried the Mall yesterday...didn't work for me. Hope you have better luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post
things here are fine. i'm pretty comfortable as long as i keep active- my treadmill is my best friend right now. passing ctx, but nothing very exciting and absolutely no MP or bloody show. i am feeling very thankful that the baby is anterior and that i am feeling strong and healthy. trying not to let any stress get to me- ignoring phone calls or e-mails or comments i hear from people about being overdue. shove it, peeps! baby will come when baby is ready! at least that's how i feel this week!

gotta have another NST and fluid check today.

wishing everyone HEALTH, ELVs, and a happy day.
hcm
Good luck at your tests today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolSide View Post
40w1d.

NUTS i tell you! I wanna be soooooooooo done! DONE!

You hear that baby sister?!? Mommy wants to be done!

Back labor started up again last night. Nothing better than watching some crime shows at 4am. Ugh, i'm sleepy today.

I have an end in sight. If she doesn't want to make it out today, tomorrow morning 5am, i get to start the pit drip. Oh joyous fun!
Hoping for a baby for you today

Well, didn't post an update yesterday because I was too frustrated. Today is my due date. Still having tons of contractions and spent most of yesterday throwing up. TMI - sorry. I doubt it was labor related, probably the candy I ate :

Take care ladies and I can't wait to hear about all the new babies!!!
Hollysmom is offline  
#24 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 12:44 PM
 
AngelaB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Des Moines Iowa
Posts: 1,924
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Im still pregnant too. 40 +4. I thought yesterday for sure. My midwife told me yesterday that I was 5-6 cm dilated and I went home and took the castor oil and had some great contrax for hours but they never came closer then 7 minutes appart. I had huge amounts of bloody mucus last night but was able to get some rest and finally fall asleep. I slept the whole night!

I feel great now and we are going to go walking when dp gets up. He has been such a huge amount of support and help to me. I love having him here!
Its snowing a little bit now and supposed to get about an inch but thats not bad at all so hopefully my midwife wont have too bad of roads to drive on.

I am so happy for all of you that are finally going into labor!!!! This has been the weirdest labor for me yet and the longest I have been pregnant! Hugs to all of you still waiting. Im right there with ya!

Angela
AngelaB is offline  
#25 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 01:11 PM
 
dahlsk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 222
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good morning to everyone, esp. to today's laboring mamas! Very exciting news My due date is tomorrow, so it would be lovely to have the bean this weekend, but since its my 1st I know I shouldn't get too anxious. Last night, I went to a showing of "The Business of Being Born" in Minneapolis, which was very inspiring. The room was full of mamas, doulas, midwives, etc. I figured that should give me good vibes to make this happen, right? But nothing happening around here. Just glad to be at home and trying to get rid of the end of my sinus crud.
dahlsk is offline  
#26 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 02:01 PM
 
Dov'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 1,728
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reading all these posts about weeks-long prodromal labor is making me depressed. With my first, I started having contractions one night, they got progressively stronger and closer together, and then (after 2 days of labor) I had a baby. So when I started having painful contractions two nights ago, I figured I was going into labor. I don't mind it taking two or three days; but now we're almost two days later, and I'm still not even in labor! And this could go on for weeks...
Dov'sMom is offline  
#27 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 02:34 PM
 
crbyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 767
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Still hanging in there at contractions every 8-10 minutes. I have been lying in bed the whole time, trying to keep them from getting closer together, as my Mom is still on the road to join us for the birth. And, I am trying to ease into the labor land mode. DH is setting up the pool and dd just went off to Nana and Papa's for the duration. Yowch! Here's another one! Definitely more productive when one is vertical and gravity is on the contraction's side! My hypnosis cd allowed me to get some rest during the night between the contractions. I am so glad my friend got me this relaxation cd. It's helping me out quite a bit in my attitude. I guess I had better get serious and commit to the activity of the day. Easy labor vibes to AmandaMac, Tofu and Dov -- can't wait to hear everyone's stories!

Christina, loving being a Mama to three and serving as a Co-Leader of the Holistic Moms Network, Tri-City Area, CA Chapter.

crbyard is offline  
#28 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 03:42 PM
 
MAMARabbitt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland & loving it!
Posts: 528
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been having mild contrax since yesterday & now lots of cramping , so maybe today I've got a MW appt this evening, we'll see what they have to say about it.
LOTS OF BABIES COMING SOON MAMAS
MAMARabbitt is offline  
#29 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 04:28 PM
 
MamaFern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: surrounded by snowy mountains
Posts: 7,600
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hey mamas.. just thought i would pop in from baby bliss land.. it really is worth the wait!

love to you all!

 

 

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

 

MamaFern is offline  
#30 of 43 Old 01-25-2008, 06:25 PM
 
simplehome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: WA
Posts: 1,009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Did I ever tell you guys that we named her? Her name is Elsa.

We're in toddler h*ll over here. Poor kiddo is having middle-of-the-night tantrums like I've never seen before....the exact reason that he gives at the time vary, but it all comes down to "I don't want us to have a baby at our house, mama". Sigh. This WILL get better, yes? This "babymoon" has been horrid, nothing like I had hoped or imagined. This is our last child, and I feel so melancholy over the loss. When I'm alone with her, at least I can enjoy my personal bliss, but I'm feeling very alone in that right now.

Seeing people posting about how in love their toddlers are just makes me wonder if we've done something wrong.

On a happy note, this baby is sleeping like a rock star, so far, especially compared to DS. And nursing has been easy-peasy, with any nipple soreness that I had a thing of the past now on day 7, and breasts that are large, yes, but no longer as hard as boulders. At least I have a pretty huge siler lining in those two facts!

Thinking of all of you who are laboring right now!

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
simplehome is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off