My first check-in 1/26/08 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 21 Old 01-26-2008, 07:22 AM - Thread Starter
 
Ivan's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Heartbroken over Circumcision
Posts: 1,574
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have not participated in the daily check ins before. I am 40w1d and just had a scary experience. Baby let me sleep on my stomach for 3 hours w/o protest! I woke up at 3am and tried to get her to move...nothing. I called the midwife, who asked me to come to the hospital and that it was all probably okay. Called my doula, thank goodness she lives 4 blocks away. Right when she pulled up at 3:30 am, the baby moved

So ready to have this baby. I have no patience and am so scared to have her stay in longer. I just want to hold her. I am inspired by all the happy birth stories.

We are trying for :

SAHM to Ivan 6/10/05 who says  signcirc1.gifand Matilda 1/31/08 who says saynovax.gif:::

Ivan's Mom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 of 21 Old 01-26-2008, 10:01 AM
 
rosie29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Green Bay, WI
Posts: 1,210
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ivan's Mom...scary! Glad everything's OK.

Well, physically, I feel great, but mentally, we're all just ready to have this baby and tired of waiting. It is kind of emotionally draining.
rosie29 is offline  
#3 of 21 Old 01-26-2008, 11:49 AM
 
muttix2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,769
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ivan's Mom I'm glad everything is ok! I had a similar experience not too long ago except it was my back that I slept on. I was just beginning to freak out when the baby finally moved.

Well, i went to my midwife yesterday and we talked out my situation. We decided that I might be a week behind (iffy dates on my last period) so she didn't strip my membranes, we're waiting until the next appointment for that when I'll be almost 42 weeks by my original edd and almost 41 with my "adjusted" edd She gave me a blue cohosh mixture that I took one dose of last night but nothing happened. Then I looked it up, freaked out over the connection to heart disease/attacks in newborns and I've decided not to take it anymore. I'd looked it up before this but I didn't remember that. I feel a LOT more relaxed with an "extra" week. I have to get a sono sometime next week to make sure the baby is ok but as long as she's fine (which I believe she is ) I still have two weeks before I'll be forced to go to the hospital for induction. I didn't even realize I was carrying such negativity around, I felt so much lighter after my appointment. I also found out that baby is now in a great position to be born! I feel great today I'm going to take a walk and maybe even dtd with dh (something I'd given up as it is highly uncomfortable) to try and get something started today. But no rush I'm 40+6 or 39+6 today

Mama to two boys and a girl.
muttix2 is offline  
#4 of 21 Old 01-26-2008, 01:40 PM
 
HardCoreMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: in the woods of NW CT
Posts: 933
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thanks for cranking up the check-in this morning, ivan's mom. i am relieved to hear that everything is ok. and how did you ever manage to sleep on your stomach?!? i feel like i would just roll off to one side at this point!

muttix- i'm happy to hear your change in spirits. it sounds like you've got a new lease on pregnancy right now. i bet the positivity helps put your in a better physical position to labor, too.

seaturtle- hooray for falling goop! it sounds like today is your day! (and i think we share a due date, no?) good luck getting all of your stuff done- don't forget to save some energy for the work ahead. keep us posted if you can. ELVs!

anyone hear from ruthiegirl or rabbitt? or tiffanypartyof5? or any of the rest of us who are left? i'm starting to feel kind of alone in my late-january pregnancy. but i'm still not in any hurry (though when it comes time to push, maybe i'll wish this kid hadn't gestated so long!). trying to be zen and trusting, feeling confident in our timing together.

i'm going to try to divide up my exercise routine into 1 hour during the day and 1 hour at night. i get really tired by the end of 5-6 miles on the treadmill, and i fear that were i to kickstart labor after that 2 hour stretch at night, i'd be really tired. but on days that i don't get all of my exercise, i really feel weak and limpish the next day. anyway, i ramble... i'll look for more check-ins throughout the day.

peace,
hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

 

HardCoreMom is offline  
#5 of 21 Old 01-26-2008, 03:51 PM
 
Mamazon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Spokane Wa
Posts: 585
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
40+1 here... still waiting.. tonight is a showing of the business of being born in my area.. I'm planning on going if no baby shows up by then,,, maybe he will want to after I see the show..

Had some good low pressure yesterday that made it hard to walk anywhere.. all I wanted to do was sit.. and then random contractions started to get good but fizzled out.. SO onto another day..

Hang in there mama our time will come!!

we'll look back and miss the belly's and movements and wish we were still pregnant before too long.
Mamazon is offline  
#6 of 21 Old 01-26-2008, 04:43 PM
 
Hollysmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,848
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan's Mom View Post
I have not participated in the daily check ins before. I am 40w1d and just had a scary experience. Baby let me sleep on my stomach for 3 hours w/o protest! I woke up at 3am and tried to get her to move...nothing. I called the midwife, who asked me to come to the hospital and that it was all probably okay. Called my doula, thank goodness she lives 4 blocks away. Right when she pulled up at 3:30 am, the baby moved

So ready to have this baby. I have no patience and am so scared to have her stay in longer. I just want to hold her. I am inspired by all the happy birth stories.

We are trying for :
So glad everything is okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie29 View Post
Well, physically, I feel great, but mentally, we're all just ready to have this baby and tired of waiting. It is kind of emotionally draining.
I know what you mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttix2 View Post
Well, i went to my midwife yesterday and we talked out my situation. We decided that I might be a week behind (iffy dates on my last period) so she didn't strip my membranes, we're waiting until the next appointment for that when I'll be almost 42 weeks by my original edd and almost 41 with my "adjusted" edd She gave me a blue cohosh mixture that I took one dose of last night but nothing happened. Then I looked it up, freaked out over the connection to heart disease/attacks in newborns and I've decided not to take it anymore. I'd looked it up before this but I didn't remember that. I feel a LOT more relaxed with an "extra" week. I have to get a sono sometime next week to make sure the baby is ok but as long as she's fine (which I believe she is ) I still have two weeks before I'll be forced to go to the hospital for induction. I didn't even realize I was carrying such negativity around, I felt so much lighter after my appointment. I also found out that baby is now in a great position to be born! I feel great today I'm going to take a walk and maybe even dtd with dh (something I'd given up as it is highly uncomfortable) to try and get something started today. But no rush I'm 40+6 or 39+6 today
Glad you are feeling better about everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaturtle View Post
Well, I'm hoping that today is my day!

I woke up to some contractions during the night, but I went back to sleep. I was wide awake at 7:30 this morning (very unusual for me if I don't have an alarm going off). I felt like I had peed just a little bit, but it didn't smell like it. Then there was a slight gurgling sound and a little bit more fluid came out. I'm not sure if it was my waters, or if it was just very watery, clear mucus. Anyway. I ate some cereal, got in the shower, and my entire mucus plug fell out! YAY!!!! I've had a couple of contractions since then, but no patterns, and they aren't painful, just a touch uncomfortable.

I was just given up hope of ever not being pregnant!

So, I'm hoping that labor starts some time this afternoon. I have a few errands I'm about to go take care of, and then I get to hang out and wait for baby to show up!!!
Really hope today is your day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post
anyone hear from ruthiegirl or rabbitt? or tiffanypartyof5? or any of the rest of us who are left? i'm starting to feel kind of alone in my late-january pregnancy. but i'm still not in any hurry (though when it comes time to push, maybe i'll wish this kid hadn't gestated so long!). trying to be zen and trusting, feeling confident in our timing together.

i'm going to try to divide up my exercise routine into 1 hour during the day and 1 hour at night. i get really tired by the end of 5-6 miles on the treadmill, and i fear that were i to kickstart labor after that 2 hour stretch at night, i'd be really tired. but on days that i don't get all of my exercise, i really feel weak and limpish the next day. anyway, i ramble... i'll look for more check-ins throughout the day.

peace,
hcm
I can't believe you are so good about keeping up with your exercise. Good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamazon View Post
40+1 here... still waiting.. tonight is a showing of the business of being born in my area.. I'm planning on going if no baby shows up by then,,, maybe he will want to after I see the show..

Had some good low pressure yesterday that made it hard to walk anywhere.. all I wanted to do was sit.. and then random contractions started to get good but fizzled out.. SO onto another day..

Hang in there mama our time will come!!

we'll look back and miss the belly's and movements and wish we were still pregnant before too long.
Hope you don't make it to the movie

40w1d - still here. Nothing exciting happening. Hang in there ladies!!
Hollysmom is offline  
#7 of 21 Old 01-26-2008, 05:23 PM
 
MamaFern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: surrounded by snowy mountains
Posts: 7,543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
im thinking about you all!

baby, still yet nameless is doing soo well. my milk is already in and she is a great nurser. she has night and day a bit backwards though... at night she doesn't want to sleep at all..till about 5am. she wants to nurse, burp, stare at me, play with her hands, snuggle..but if i try to sleep she cries. im sure it will all sort itself out. otherwise she is so content and peaceful. except for bum changes.she hates that.. im pretty much recovered ..im hardly bleeding and have no pain at all down there..i dont think i even got very streched out believe it or not. but i am having some major tooth pain again..this time wisdom tooth..it sucks! im in pain but its not birth related.sigh.

 

 

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

 

MamaFern is offline  
#8 of 21 Old 01-26-2008, 05:24 PM
 
HardCoreMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: in the woods of NW CT
Posts: 933
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
back at ya, mama

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

 

HardCoreMom is offline  
#9 of 21 Old 01-26-2008, 05:45 PM
 
ollineeba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Doing better than I deserve..
Posts: 5,376
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm STILL here. I'm 40w3d (or maybe 40w6d, thank goodness our midwife is using the later date!).
I'm having a lot of spaced out contractions, but they aren't forming a pattern yet and I know it's not the real deal..
SO it looks like there are a few of us left, huh?
Hopefully it won't be too much longer for all of us!

~e, wife to my sweet T , mama to my turtleman (12) , sunshine (9 ), and monkey (6)
ollineeba is offline  
#10 of 21 Old 01-26-2008, 05:54 PM
 
Ruthiegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Feet in the mud, head in the clouds
Posts: 3,635
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post

anyone hear from ruthiegirl or rabbitt? or tiffanypartyof5? or any of the rest of us who are left? i'm starting to feel kind of alone in my late-january pregnancy. but i'm still not in any hurry (though when it comes time to push, maybe i'll wish this kid hadn't gestated so long!). trying to be zen and trusting, feeling confident in our timing together.
Hello! I am still here. Just feeling really, really crummy today. I have the start of a head cold and woke up feeling reeeeeeeally tired. I had some tea and went back to bed for a few more hours. Better now, but still feeling worn out.

I am headed to the kitchen for some food and then maybe a movie on the couch.

Love, peace and good healing to those who have had their babies. I am so ready to meet this new one! Patience, patience, patience....

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

Ruthiegirl is offline  
#11 of 21 Old 01-26-2008, 06:03 PM
 
hadassah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 413
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone.....

Well here I am again and no baby......and today I promise I am going to try not to wine because it seems like that is all I have been doing these past few days.

This morning I made a belly cast....in my bathroom sitting on the toilet in front of a mirror....by myself.....not sure what the heck I was doing but I think it turned out quite nice for doing it by myself and for the first time......

I think it just may have been what I needed to do for myself to feel better today....
I am thinking about braving the cold and going for a walk today......

Seaturtle: I think you are really about to be in labor! Good Luck!

I'm thinking about all of you all day.....remember we are all in this together
hadassah is offline  
#12 of 21 Old 01-26-2008, 06:43 PM
 
HardCoreMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: in the woods of NW CT
Posts: 933
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadassah View Post
I'm thinking about all of you all day.....remember we are all in this together
big hugs all around!

as our numbers get smaller, i feel closer to all of you!

hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

 

HardCoreMom is offline  
#13 of 21 Old 01-26-2008, 06:55 PM
 
ollineeba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Doing better than I deserve..
Posts: 5,376
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post
big hugs all around!

as our numbers get smaller, i feel closer to all of you!

hcm
Our numbers really are getting smaller, aren't they? I was shocked to see how few people checked in today.

~e, wife to my sweet T , mama to my turtleman (12) , sunshine (9 ), and monkey (6)
ollineeba is offline  
#14 of 21 Old 01-26-2008, 07:10 PM
 
PoolSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 189
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Eh i'm here too..

I had a SCHEDULED induction set for 5am.

I was told to call at 4am, to see if they had room..

OF COURSE they had NO ROOM..

So i got the 'we'll call you when we have room'..

which will probably be NEVER.

*@#()$*@#($)*#$@R%*($@#($)!@$

Ugh
:
PoolSide is offline  
#15 of 21 Old 01-26-2008, 07:21 PM
 
ollineeba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Doing better than I deserve..
Posts: 5,376
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
PoolSide- that sounds frustrating Hopefully you'll be going in soon or your little one will decide that she can't wait!

~e, wife to my sweet T , mama to my turtleman (12) , sunshine (9 ), and monkey (6)
ollineeba is offline  
#16 of 21 Old 01-26-2008, 07:22 PM
 
dahlsk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 221
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone, today is my official due date, so I've been comically hyper aware of any twinge I've been feeling, just in case... But nothing really to report here. I guess this starts the 2 week countdown for me as well, I really hope this babe arrives promptly and I don't have to worry about induction.
dahlsk is offline  
#17 of 21 Old 01-26-2008, 07:39 PM
 
BeanyMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 1,389
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
still here also. 39+1. i woke up at 2am thinking this was it and couldn't sleep again. contractions are constantly coming but not getting stronger or closer together. I've taken a walk, a warm bath, dtd, rrl- she's happy like this for now

i've never had false labor before, this pregnancy is making up for the ease of the others it seems!

good labor vibes to those who need it tonight!!

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif
BeanyMama is offline  
#18 of 21 Old 01-26-2008, 10:02 PM
 
Dov'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 1,695
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Painful contractions overnight and all day. Between 3-5 minutes apart; less if I'm walking (which I can't bear to do) or nursing. Officially, my docs want me to come in when the contrax are 7 minutes apart; I'm going to call them soon for the first time -- I'm glad I didn't listen to that advice, because if I'd been in the hospital all day, there's no way I wouldn't be on an epidural by now.
Dov'sMom is offline  
#19 of 21 Old 01-26-2008, 11:18 PM
 
ollineeba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Doing better than I deserve..
Posts: 5,376
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
dov's mom- wow, sounds like you're really progressing! update us when you get a chance!

~e, wife to my sweet T , mama to my turtleman (12) , sunshine (9 ), and monkey (6)
ollineeba is offline  
#20 of 21 Old 01-26-2008, 11:24 PM
 
MAMARabbitt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland & loving it!
Posts: 523
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm still here. 40+5
I went to the midwife this morning since they canceled on me yesterday for a baseball game :
My blood pressure is really high & I have some protein in my urine so I'm supposed to eat a half a chicken & 6 eggs today & the same tomorrow to try & lower it. If it gets any higher or stays high I'm gonna have to go to the hospital instead of the birthing center I guess it's not sooo bad, as long as my baby & I are healthy & happy in the end.
I've been feeling a little down & all DP wants to do is play on the computer & get irked at me when I ask him if he wants to play a game with me instead. I wish I wasn't so hormonal, it would make this all a lot easier to deal with
MAMARabbitt is offline  
#21 of 21 Old 01-26-2008, 11:27 PM
 
Tiffany_PartyOf5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,061
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How scary! My first baby was the one who refused to move much and scared me a million times during my pregnancy.. now hes my wild child LOL

Today Im 40w2d.. I am now the most pregnant Ive ever been... seriously.. my longest pregnancy, I had Alex at 40w2d at 11:59 AM. People keep saying to me "Oh wow. You look like you're due soon. When's your due date?" and I just reply "2 days ago" and then every single person has said "So, when's your c-section scheduled for?" Grrr.r..... I reply every time "Oh no! Im not having a c-section. I will go to 42w and then if Im still pregnant, I will have a tests done to be sure babys okay on the inside and will stay pregnant until he decides to come out on his own or a test shows up with bad results"... they all look at me like Im nuts but Im sorry. Id really rather NOT have major abdominal surgery just because Ive past some weird date pulled out of the air lol..

My mom took my older 2 (4 yr old and 2 yr old) to Orlando today yippee!! They were both crying to go with her so she took em lol. They will be back early early Monday morning (unless I go into labor, then shes coming back here to get Alex and going back to Orlando for 2 days).

Soo I got a lot of last minute baby shopping done and most of the grocery shopping done since I only had 1 kid today lol..

I really didnt need anything for Nathan but I really love to shop and its been a long time since Ive bought anything for him LOL.. but I went a little overboard and dh will not know how much I spent lol..

I got... Trumpette Johnny socks, Trumpette Little Mickey socks, a really cute onesie that says "Chicks Dig Me", I got 2 turtle onesies from Old Navy, a long sleeved pants romper style outfit from Old Navy with a turtle on it, I got a turtle carters outfit, a sailboat carters outfit, a turtle onesie from Babies R Us, a turtle collared nice shirt, some turtle overalls, and turtle shorts LOL.. can ya tell I love turtles? LOL.. we are doing a turtle theme for Nathan so I just went nuts when I saw all the turtle stuff since we have had a hard time finding stuff LOL... Oh and I got him some church shoes from the boutique store.. I just went crazy and it felt good LOL. I love to shop lol. oh and I got Alex some Quiksilver swim trunks that were super adorable!
Tiffany_PartyOf5 is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off