1/27 Daily Check-In - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 25 Old 01-27-2008, 04:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello. Just thought I'd start by saying that nothing's happening over hear, except INSOMNIA!!

Good Morning to you all. Hope you have a productive day.

I really want a January Baby!!

That's all.
#2 of 25 Old 01-27-2008, 05:19 AM

My body is sore, that kind of sore that you get after a hard full body workout which makes no sense as the only exercise I've gotten lately has been cleaning (and not much of that! ) I guess the baby dropped some more because it is harder to walk too. I'm either 41 or 40 weeks today.

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#3 of 25 Old 01-27-2008, 05:46 AM

40w4d today.. I hope this baby is born in January. My son's birth month is February and I don't really want him to have to share his month. That's probably a little silly, though.
I woke up a little while and just can't get back to sleep, so I thought I would check in here.. this insomnia is killing me! It's a cruel joke to have insomnia at the end of your pregnancy- we need to rest up for labor and then those nighttime nursing sessions- but can't sleep! Ugh.
Hope everyone else is feeling well.

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#4 of 25 Old 01-27-2008, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Morning all! After 2 1/2 weeks of non stop contractions, all is quet here. Weird! The baby has been turning and twisting and rearranging arms and legs, so hopefully s/he has found a comfy position and is ready to be born.

My poor groin is under severe pressure right now. I can feel the head engaged very low. Dh and I have been humming a little tune we like to call 'Cranium in her crotch' which he thinks is hysterically funny and I am beginning to find less funny each passing day.

Come on babies! Come out and meet your patient mamas!

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#5 of 25 Old 01-27-2008, 11:39 AM

I've officially lost count of how over due i am..

Owell.

Still home waiting for my call to come in.

Everything happens for a reason right?!?

Ugh.
:
#6 of 25 Old 01-27-2008, 12:10 PM

Well, I'll give the short version and then head to bed. I was contracting fairly regularly last night, and b/c labor was rather quick with DS, I chose to head to the hospital to be on the safe side. Well, 7 hours later...no change in cervix and contrax were spacing out at times, and not getting stronger. I think the nurse really would have liked me to stay, get my water broken, and go the Pitocin route, but I'm not open to that. The CNM suggested I consider going home, which was what I was planning to do anyhow. I don't need to be a watched pot in the hospital, I can do that here at home. Ugh. So now I feel crummy, only dozed last night instead of real sleep, and I have a DH who is more anxious than every to meet his new little babe. Of course, I'm anxious too, but I don't consider being 41 weeks to be a medical emergency in need of induction. Having contrx here at home but nothing major. Would appreciate your stong labor vibes...bring it on...I'm ready!
#7 of 25 Old 01-27-2008, 12:56 PM

Good morning all and very strong labor vibes to Rosie29! I'm 40w1d and really want a January baby, too. It's funny how we attach ourselves to dates like that, huh? Anyway, no news to report, except that I can't sleep too much these days. With all the night time waking, I'm in bed for 11 hours or so and still napping during the day! Perhaps its also the linger effects of my sinus gunk, which is still coming out almost 2 weeks from when it started? Grrrr...

Anyway, good luck to all, esp. AmandaMac. Hope things progress for you soon!
#8 of 25 Old 01-27-2008, 02:13 PM

: you guys are so rad. those babies are all going to be so healthy and strong. i can't believe, even for such a tiny thing how alert and aware and peaceful our baby is. not yet 3 days old and she is just so here. i can't wait to hear about your little ones, whenever they decide to meet the world.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#9 of 25 Old 01-27-2008, 02:48 PM

I'm still here too..

pampered myself yesterday and walked the mall.. nada.. even went to dinner with the family and my mom.. had some good ones there which seems to be the norm for the past 2 weeks and then nada... but had a couple good ones that actually woke me up but again fizzled..

But it's been snowing nonstop since yesterday so I think the baby thinks it is tooo cold to come out.. : that's my mantra... lol.. at this rate I will have to put all NB clothes and dipes away.. ..
#10 of 25 Old 01-27-2008, 03:03 PM

aw, man, amanda and ruthie and rosie- that stinks. i know you're eager to get your labors on, and i'm sorry it's not working out that way! and poolside- i'm sorry your induction is in limbo. it seems like everyone else's plans are taking priority these days, huh?

things here are quiet. i am crampy and cranky, but not feeling anything happening.

while i'm still pledging patience, part of me wants to have this baby now, just so MIL will go home.:

anyway, no sign of anything yet. back to the mw tomorrow.

hope that one of you get to hold your babies soon,
hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#11 of 25 Old 01-27-2008, 03:49 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thinking of you all :

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#12 of 25 Old 01-27-2008, 03:51 PM

Hi girls....

Still here, pregnant of course. Thought I was maybe going into labor last night, I was having some stronger but not to painful contractions...lots of what felt like period cramps in my thighs and lower back and some in my lower tummy...altogether they were lower and somewhat different then what I have been feeling for the last week and a half but I went to sleep and it all went away. I was so tired so I am glad that I went to sleep and got REALLY good sleep. And now I have somewhat the same cramps but not as strong.....so I am still waiting. Thinking of you all of course......sounds like we are all in the same boat and some of us are starting to get the show on the road

I am brewing some sitz bath tea to soak some pads in and then freeze......I had forgotton to do this.....so it feels good to be DOING something......

I really think if I went for a walk it might help but Mamazon, I also live in Spokane....
#13 of 25 Old 01-27-2008, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadassah View Post
I am brewing some sitz bath tea to soak some pads in and then freeze......I had forgotton to do this.....so it feels good to be DOING something......
that's a good idea. i've run out of things to do. i mended some pants that had a hole in them the other night. i'm RE-lanolizing my wool. just to do it, i guess... i feel better having time on my hands instead of scrambling to do stuff at the last minute.

i just realized that we're getting kinda low on toilet paper. hey! an excuse to go somewhere!

later!

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#14 of 25 Old 01-27-2008, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthiegirl View Post
Morning all! After 2 1/2 weeks of non stop contractions, all is quet here. Weird! The baby has been turning and twisting and rearranging arms and legs, so hopefully s/he has found a comfy position and is ready to be born.

My poor groin is under severe pressure right now. I can feel the head engaged very low. Dh and I have been humming a little tune we like to call 'Cranium in her crotch' which he thinks is hysterically funny and I am beginning to find less funny each passing day.

Come on babies! Come out and meet your patient mamas!
Hey Ruthie--

Amanda's DH here.

I think "Cranium in the Crotch" is hilarious. I'll have to meet your DH sometime, but I appreciate that you are probably tired of it.

Amanda asked me to see how everyone is doing. She is on the couch right now working through her contractions as I update her.

Our midwife came by today. Amanda is having very strong, very sporadic contractions. It looks like she may be less than the 3 cm which she was, yesterday. Very strange.

We're convinced that BabyMac is teaching us a lesson. Mine is in patience, and Amanda's is in faith.

I'll keep everyone posted unless Amanda feels up to logging in. Right now, though. Momma is happy, resting, and we are all sending "ELV" to everyone.
#15 of 25 Old 01-27-2008, 06:06 PM

Hi everyone,

Still here too. 40w2d. Nothing happening other than ongoing irregular contractions and aches and pains.

ELVs to everyone in labor : (hopefully lots of you)
#16 of 25 Old 01-27-2008, 08:15 PM

Hi ladies Just got back from visiting the hospital & preregistering, just in case I have to go there instead of the birth center. I was really surprised at how nice it was there & they seem to be pretty crunchy friendly So I'm a little more at ease about going to the hospital, if I have to.
I'd really like this little one to come out now My mom is only going to be here in town for a little while longer so hopefully the baby knows she needs to come out...
#17 of 25 Old 01-27-2008, 08:47 PM

40+4 today and still pregnant! I've been having cramps all day and I think I've had some contractions but not very painful and nothing regular. So I went to the store this afternoon, hoping some walking would help. Just very uncomfortable but still not much going on. I'm so ready to have this baby!

I have another MW appt on Tuesday, my mw wants to go an ultrasound and non-stress test to make sure the baby is ok. She doesn't want me to go past 41 weeks and I just know she's going to want to induce - I really want the baby to come on her own!

I keep thinking that maybe if me and hubby dtd, it would help, but I'm just so tired and crampy down there, it doesn't sound appealing (unfortuntately) - we'll see, maybe I'll change my mind!

Well, good luck to everyone else - hopefully we'll be having our babies soon!
#18 of 25 Old 01-27-2008, 08:59 PM

thanks for the update, amanda's DH- i'm thinking of her today! hope she's hanging in there ok, and i'm glad she has such great support from you.

#19 of 25 Old 01-27-2008, 10:17 PM

40w3d here and no baby lol.. we have been grocery shopping since sun up LOL.. okay, Im exagerating but it feels that way since Alex has been super fussy and clingy today. My bigger 2 are still with my mom in Orlando (and come home tomorrow unless I go into labor... wishing and hoping lol). Anyways, about an hour ago I had some really PAINFUL contractions, put ds to bed, went potty and when I wiped, blood tinged mucus and I made sure it was NOT from urine this time since my hospital trip for UTI last weekend LOL. def. dont want to step foot back in one of those places again lol... Anyways, I went to tell dh that it has gotta be the next few days and he said hes not holding his breath lol.. he hopes Im right but hes not getting excited yet lol.. (ouch another contraction).... and then I go to sit at the computer (which is on the floor since our desk is still in Orlando) and I sit indian style (okay, thats probably not politically correct but I dont know how else to explain it?) which I know is best while pregnant anyways... and I feel really yuck down below (okay, sorry TMI) I go back to the bathroom and yep, a HUGE HUGE HUGE wad of mucus plug... Im praying tonight I go into labor LOL. A lady at Sams told me tonights the night so Im hoping she was right LOLOL... but I doubt it.. even if I went into labor right now, Im sure my baby wouldnt make his entrance until tomorrow lolol.. but please before February LOLOL...
#20 of 25 Old 01-27-2008, 10:22 PM

oh and is anyone else tired of the comments about being overdue.. like "so whens your c-section scheduled?" or "when is your induction date?" Grrrr... NO I dont have either of those scheduled because I still have time dammit!!!!! LOL.. Today at Babies R Us (needed a new highchair for ds because hes taken to running around with food in his mouth Grrrr.. oh btw, the Graco wooden highchair.. forget the name.. is AWESOME.. i love it!) the lady checking us out said something about how big I am and asked when Im due.. I told her "3 days ago" and she said "3 days ago?" all confused and everything lol.. I said "yeah, like 3 days before today LOL" and she was like "oh wow. so how far are they gonna let you go before they do a c-section?" and I said "oh no Im not having a c-section.. I will be induced before I go straight for a c-section but Im not even 42 weeks yet" and she actually was like "yeah, i understand that. I sure wouldnt want a c-section or an induction" I was like yeahhhhh finally someone who doesnt think Im completely nuts for not wanting to be cut open because I hit some magical date lol
#21 of 25 Old 01-27-2008, 10:34 PM

wow, tiffany, it sounds like you're really close! good luck with all that fun mucous and bloody show!

me, i'm starting to really, honestly feel sorry for my baby. there is seriously no room for him to move anymore. i have a very long torso, and he's had a lot of room this pregnancy to get comfy, but it's to the point now, where i can't imagine he's having a good time in there anymore. i know it's all warm and familiar, but seriously, how much fun can it be to have your knees shoved into your nose? there's not a lot of mama belly there, if that makes any sense, and i can feel that his is so crammed in there that i wonder if he'll even be small enough to fit into the going home outfit i made him. don't want to guess on size or anything- that doesn't seem quite fair- but geez, this kid is out...of....room....

41 weeks tomorrow and i wonder what the mw's will say. i don't want my membranes swept, but if it comes down to the wire, i'm willing to try almost anything short of Pit. i have a feeling it won't get to that.

anyway, i ramble. time to go exercise. be back in a few hours. happy laboring, amanda! good luck, everyone else...

hcm

#22 of 25 Old 01-27-2008, 10:35 PM

Tiffany- I've gotten those comments, too. I usually just say "well, my dd was 10 days past her due date, so I think this one is just taking her time, too. She'll come when the time is right" and that usually shuts them up

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#23 of 25 Old 01-27-2008, 10:37 PM

I'm having uncomfortable contractions, but they don't seem to be forming any sort of pattern yet. Ugh. Definitely stronger than Braxton Hicks, but not quite that full-blown "I know this is labor" type of contraction.. I wish it would just go one way or the other!

#24 of 25 Old 01-27-2008, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadassah View Post
Hi girls....

Still here, pregnant of course. Thought I was maybe going into labor last night, I was having some stronger but not to painful contractions...lots of what felt like period cramps in my thighs and lower back and some in my lower tummy...altogether they were lower and somewhat different then what I have been feeling for the last week and a half but I went to sleep and it all went away. I was so tired so I am glad that I went to sleep and got REALLY good sleep. And now I have somewhat the same cramps but not as strong.....so I am still waiting. Thinking of you all of course......sounds like we are all in the same boat and some of us are starting to get the show on the road

I really think if I went for a walk it might help but Mamazon, I also live in Spokane....
you know with all this snow.. this one can stay in a little longer.... just a couple days at least... but on the bright side.. DH did say we may end up having a homebirth.. he has lots of tools in his shop...
#25 of 25 Old 01-28-2008, 07:08 PM

Amandamac, I've been thinking about you today. I hope you're doing fine and holding a new babe by now.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page