still here..still pregnant - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-27-2008, 05:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello,

Ok, on Friday at 12am when I posted that my water broke, it really wasn't my bag of waters, but was mucus plug, or the first layer, according to our midwife. I am planning to have an unassisted birth, with a lay-midwife as back up. However, all day yesterday, I was (hubby, too) freaking out, because I thought I was under the gun to get the baby out (48 hrs). We also suspected meconium, but what I'm seeing, and what I showed the midwife, could just be some funky mucus (doesn't smell, and I'm not running a fever, we check every hour). We have been tracking BabyMac's heart beat, too. My contractions have been steady, and even though I had contractions 2-3 minutes apart, for 2 hours, mainly, because I was stimulating my nipples for 3 hours straight (ready for breast feeding), praying that BabyMac would come out, but labor completely stalled. I had gone with about 2 hours of sleep in the past 40+ hours. We called the midwife yesterday, to come and check my progress, and determine plan B. Anyway, what a relief when she tested some of the most recent water that was gushing from me, and confirmed it wasn't amniotic fluid. Also, she did a VE, which indicated that I was only in early labor...3-5cms, and 75% effaced. I can't believe the contractions that I was having were only pre-labor, wholly crap!!!

Anyway, its 2am on Sunday, I was able to sleep for a few hours waking up every 30 minutes with a contraction, and then back to sleep. The one's I am having now are a lot more intense, and are lasting longer. With a little sleep they are not as intimating as what I went through yesterday, plus, I'm not freaking out, which helps!

Sorry for the birth story like post, but thought I would give an update. Congratulations to the mommies who had there babies in the past few days! I will be joining you soon

Warmest thoughts always!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 01-27-2008, 05:41 AM

Glad to see your update- I was wondering how you were doing!
Hopefully things will progress for you soon.. a long pre-labor is no fun at all. Hope you can get some rest, too!

~e, wife to my sweet T , mama to my turtleman (12) , sunshine (9 ), and monkey (6)
#3 of 6 Old 01-27-2008, 11:48 AM

Sounds like a scary 40 hours! Glad to hear that things are ok. Try your hardest to get as much sleep between contractions as you can. I labored for two days with my oldest and didn't sleep and I was falling asleep during transition and pushing, I was so tired. It was not fun to say the least. As soon as I feel a contraction with this one I'm going to bed! Good luck!

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#4 of 6 Old 01-27-2008, 01:57 PM

Wow....40 hours! That sound just slightly stressful......you poor thing. But it sounds like due to you still having really good conrtractions, when the time does come to give birth, it will be short because you are doing so much of the work now.

Hang in there and continue to try to get as much rest as you can mama.....you are doing such a great job!
#5 of 6 Old 01-27-2008, 08:27 PM

Wishing you the best and hope you can continue to get as much rest as possible! At least the end is almost near and you'll be holding your little one soon!
#6 of 6 Old 01-28-2008, 03:41 PM

I've been checking my email as often as I can for updates...glad to hear everything is OK, I'm still praying for you.

This little one has awesome parents with great patience. You're doing amazing, Amanda. You can totally do this!

Mama to Ella (1/15/08) and Django (03/20/11) - remembering 2 angel.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page