The Mamas Still Cookin' in the Last Week of January Thread! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 01-28-2008, 01:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey ladies-

I know we've had lots of these sorts of threads bouncing around this month, but so many of the moms on those threads are now holding their babes- I thought it would be appropriate to have another thread just for us, seeing as there are only 4 days more for us to be January Mommies.

So. Represent!

-hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#2 of 22 Old 01-28-2008, 01:52 AM

I'm here MAMA! We had the same due date, maybe we'll actually deliver on the same day...hopefully soon
#3 of 22 Old 01-28-2008, 02:41 AM

Well, you think we'll make it to February? Maybe our babes just want to be REALLY strong aquariuses. Who knows... Today I'm 41+2... Don't feel anything different than I have the last few weeks.
#4 of 22 Old 01-28-2008, 04:07 AM

I'm here too......

Wow I never thought that my body might actually wait until FEBURARY to deliver! I really liked the idea of Janurary....and to think that it's only four days away, wow!

I have had the same contractions-period cramps all night which was not so great until just a short while ago......we lost our power as of 8pm tonight and just now got it back a few hours later. I had started to freak a little being home alone with my kids(my husband works nights) and having these mild contractions.....in the dark....as my house started getting cold....and my cellphone down to 2 bars of juice. I called my midwife who told me to just go to bed early and not to worry I could still have my homebirthAlthough she added I would probably skip having a water birth....which made me very sad.....I think because there would be no way to keep the water warm. Anyways what is funny is that earlier before my husband had even left for work I went on a walk, yes me :big pregnant lady trudging through the knee high snow trying to go into labor.....then the power outage.....and I'm thinking...Jessica-this is exactly what would happen to you and you know it!

So now I feel like I can go to bed and sleep peacefully-so goodnight you lovely mamas......
#5 of 22 Old 01-28-2008, 07:24 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I am still here!

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#6 of 22 Old 01-28-2008, 09:13 AM

Me too. 41+1 today. MW appt tomorrow. I'm leaning towards having my membranes stripped then.
#7 of 22 Old 01-28-2008, 09:22 AM

I'm here too. My adjusted due date makes me 40+1 today. January is the month that my youngest was born and when I first got pregnant I worried about having the baby on or within a few days of his birthday. As that passed what seems like eons ago, I guess that is no longer a problem. I didn't even realize that there are only four more days until February... My first baby (ended in m/c at almost 10 weeks) was due in February... Later in the month than I would possibly give birth to this one but still... Seems kind of, I don't know, nice? Weird? A mixture of both? To have this, my last baby, in the month that I was due with my first baby. Of course, I still have four days so I may give birth before then but it is a thought that keeps me from going insane from the waiting!

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#8 of 22 Old 01-28-2008, 09:56 AM

: still cooking!

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif
#9 of 22 Old 01-28-2008, 11:44 AM

Waiting with very sore hips! 40w+3d

SAHM to Ivan 6/10/05 who says  signcirc1.gifand Matilda 1/31/08 who says saynovax.gif:::

#10 of 22 Old 01-28-2008, 11:49 AM

still here! 40w2d
#11 of 22 Old 01-28-2008, 12:20 PM

STILL here.. I will be pregnant forever
I am 40w5d right now. Have a NST/biophysicial scheduled for Thurs, when I will be 8 days past my EDD. If all looks good, I'll keep on baking for.. who knows how long. I'm going to drink a ton of water the day before just to help make sure fluid levels look good.
I had a whole bunch of contrax yesterday morning that were 2-5 mins apart for about 45 mins. They were uncomfortable, but ended up fizzling out.
I don't mind being pg, I'm still feeling okay.. It's the waiting game and the never knowing when it's going to happen that's getting to me!

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#12 of 22 Old 01-28-2008, 12:31 PM

I haven't posted much, but I'm still here and pregnant. Tomorrow is my actual "due date". I was 9 days overdue with ds, and was thinking that wouldn't be the case this time for some reason...we'll see. I am feeling lots of pelvic pressure but what's new? I think February is a very real possibility for us.
#13 of 22 Old 01-28-2008, 02:52 PM

I'm still here and still cookin' at 41 + 3. I had an app't today. I'm a definite 3 cm, 75% effaced and my bag of waters is bulging. I lost my mucus plug last week. I had my membranes stripped today. I've been a little crampy since then, so we'll see.

I'm scheduled for an induction on Thursday. They will break my water and give me a few hours to walk around and get contrax going before anything. The nurse practicioner was sure I would go into labor on my own before then, but if I don't, she's sure breaking my water will do it. Fingers crossed. I'm so ready for this to be over.

I never thought I would make it this far...
#14 of 22 Old 01-28-2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadassah View Post
I'm here too......

Anyways what is funny is that earlier before my husband had even left for work I went on a walk, yes me :big pregnant lady trudging through the knee high snow trying to go into labor.....then the power outage.....and I'm thinking...Jessica-this is exactly what would happen to you and you know it!
Crazy lady!! I can barely lift my feet to walk let alone in all the snow we got!

I'm still here 40+3 not too overdue but enough that I am so ready... today I have pressure in my bum and it makes sitting and walking uncomfortable.. what am I going to do stand on my head??

Maybe we are all holding out for Superbowl babies... lol... Feb 3rd.. at least that is what I keep telling my family. I only watch the commercials so no big deal to me if he wants that day as his birthday!
#15 of 22 Old 01-28-2008, 04:07 PM

i'm still here. 40+1 today. i contract all the time, baby is super low. but nothing. i'm feeling ready to be done. but trying to let go. i have never had my babies this early. my first went to 41+2, and my second was at 40+3 (but i took castor oil). so i feel as though i may go another week. we'll see.
#16 of 22 Old 01-28-2008, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamazon View Post
Maybe we are all holding out for Superbowl babies... lol... Feb 3rd.. at least that is what I keep telling my family. I only watch the commercials so no big deal to me if he wants that day as his birthday!
I totally forgot about the SB. I love those commercials!

I've had Feb.2nd stuck in my head.. so we'll have to see. It would be fun to curl up on the 3rd and have a few ppl over to watch the SB (not that I really care about football, but it's an excuse for a little party )

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#17 of 22 Old 01-29-2008, 01:47 AM

Hi everyone. I haven't been posting much at all, but I've been trying to keep up with reading what's up. I'm 41 weeks today and I alternate feeling calm and anxious about going late. I have an NST and u/s on Wednesday. I was _so_ hoping to have the baby before then because I have managed to avoid u/s and doppler the whole time so far, so just the thought of the tests stresses me out. Ugh. But it looks like it will be a while longer so I'm trying trying trying to patient... I've been going to acupuncture and the chiropractor to try to help things along. I don't know if it really helps, but the acupuncture is super relaxing and the chiropractor got rid of some of my pelvic pain, so I guess that's good!

Sending positive thoughts to everyone!!
#18 of 22 Old 01-29-2008, 04:51 AM

Hi ladies I've actually never posted here before but I am currently 41 weeks and 3 days, and it's nice to talk to other people in the same boat as me. I really, really, really want to go into labor spontaneously and I'm trying to stay calm about the whole thing. I have to go in for a NST/ultrasound on Wednesday, so we'll see what happens then. I just think my body takes longer to cook a baby than the magical 40 week number...I was 2 weeks late for my mom and my grandmother had 5 children, all of which were 1+ weeks late. Anyway, LABOR DUST for all Other than my family, everyone in my real life is totally unsupportive of natural childbirth....they can't understand why I could possibly still be pregnant. Dumb dumb dumb. Annoying people!
#19 of 22 Old 01-29-2008, 12:07 PM

My edd technically isn't until tommorow- so I'm 39weeks 6days and I've never had a baby before 40weeks 4days so I'm not expecting a Jan. baby. There's still time though- and I'm thinking positive thoughts.
#20 of 22 Old 01-29-2008, 03:30 PM

Looks like I'm gonna have a baby in February. The good news is...I like February's birth flower better! Gotta find a bright side somewhere, right girls? Hang tight mamas...someday we'll have babies!

Livin' the good life here in Connecticut with my DH hug2.gif and our three fabulous boys grouphug.gif(4/3/06, 2/4/08 and 5/20/10) Hoping to try for Sweet Baby #4 in December! blowkiss.gif

#21 of 22 Old 01-29-2008, 05:03 PM

Still here & still pregnant. 40w6d. 2cm and 50% effaced, not that it means anything. Having some crampy contractions, but nothing regular
Hopefully soon..

#22 of 22 Old 01-30-2008, 11:53 AM

Still here 40w5d. I am really still in shock that I may actually have a February baby. Oh well, nobody in our family is a February baby so at least the little one will have it's own birth month.

Hang in there ladies, they can't stay in there forever!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page