Daily check-in for 1/28 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 29 Old 01-28-2008, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Hey! Where is everybody?!? Snuggling with beautiful babies or getting some sleep I hope.

I am hanging around for another day, though I am hope to have a baby soon. Contractions are getting stronger with lots of pressure on my cervix and that lovely stretchy/burning feeling. Progress, right? I hope so! I am done, done, done with prodromal labor.

ELV to all who are still with me.

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#2 of 29 Old 01-28-2008, 08:24 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm still with ya I just snowed here a few hours ago. Not much, just enough to stick to the ground. Maybe now she'll some out since for so long the only thing I was concerned about was her trying to be born when we couldn't drive to the MW I'm pretty sure that's not gonna happen though.
This little one is just STUBBORN like her parents.
#3 of 29 Old 01-28-2008, 08:52 AM

Good morning! Sending peaceful labor vibes to those of you still waiting!

Baby Shannon and I are adjusting nicely. My milk came in yesterday and thankfully she wanted/was ready to eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours, so I didn't end up in TOO much pain. Definately feel full and tender, but not dying or anything. It brings tears to my eyes every time I think about how precious this little girl is and how she has learned to eat already! Makes me proud of myself, too!

Today we have to head out to the birth center for our check-up, check in on my stitches & how they are healing, etc. I'm so thankful for my amazing midwife and can't wait to give her a huge hug of thanks for giving me/letting me give myself the labor I wanted!

Hopefully!!!!! I can sit down and read all the birth announcements today, from the last 5 days!

Wife to my Denali-climbing DH
Mom to DD born Jan. 08 and DS born Oct. 09, and "baby sister" due Oct 2013!
House mom to ten boys, ages 8-11 at a group home! Yes, I must be nuts!
#4 of 29 Old 01-28-2008, 09:02 AM

Erika,
I'm so glad to hear things are going well. I'm trying hard not to be jealous.

I'm 41+1 and morale is at an all-time low around this house, especially after our "false alarm" hospital visit Sat nite/early Sunday. I know once we get to the other side and have the baby, all will be forgotten, but for now it just seems like we'll never get there.
#5 of 29 Old 01-28-2008, 09:32 AM

40+1 today according to my adjusted due date (I'm just putting the "old" one out of my mind as of now, it just makes me antsy thinking that I "could" be 41+1.)

I spent yesterday running errands for a few hours and though I had lots of back pain from pressure, it wasn't contractions or anything like that. I was really hoping the constant walking/standing would send me into labor but it didn't. On a nicer note, I found some fabric I had leftover from when I made diapers for my boys. We don't have the money right now to get PUL so I'd just bought a few yards of fleece from Joann's when they had their big sale but I found a couple leftover yards of PUL in our "storage room" (a.k.a. new baby's room) closet when I was cleaning it out. They aren't girly colors but it doesn't matter, they will make some nice, thin, leak-proof dipes for the baby! I also found some flannel and fleece so that's cool. I'm actually going to drag the sewing machine out today and sew some diapers. Maybe this baby is just waiting for me to get that done so she doesn't have to deal with a naked bottom!

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#6 of 29 Old 01-28-2008, 09:52 AM

39+3 here. this is the longest i've ever been pregnant. since we're not planning anymore children i'm reminding myself to enjoy my last days of pregnancy.

new baby diaps! how fun muttix2. nothing better than those tiny fleecey newborn ones

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif
#7 of 29 Old 01-28-2008, 11:39 AM

hiya mamas.

i was doing some meditation and visualization in bed last night, when i felt the familiar rise and fall of a real, live contraction. it was almost like i brought it on myself! a little freaked out, i stopped concentrating and tried to think about something else (i didn't exactly want labor to start at midnight, since my last labor was really precipitous once it was for real) , but 12 minutes later, i had another one. and then another, in 12 minutes. it was almost 1am before i was able to stop recognizing them and fall asleep.

and that was the end of the contractions. no mucous plug. no bloody show. nada. and i'm wishing i had that hour of sleep back that i lay there, wondering if i hadn't just mentally induced labor. (i can be so weird sometimes.)

i keep feeling like i'm on the brink of labor at the end of every day, but by the morning, i feel like nothing is different than any other day. this feeling won't last forever, right?

off to the mw's this morning- it will be interesting to see what they say, since i've received different "deadline" dates from different mw's, and i want the real, honest scoop. i've sworn to give this kid all the time he needs, but if it comes down to getting Pit pushed on me, i'm gonna try some natural methods. i can't imagine if getting to that, but i look forward to a very sincere conversation about things at my appt. and i'll likely have another NST and u/s.

i should probably finish up those lingering thank-you notes from christmas. maybe this baby is just waiting for me to show a little gratitude.

catcha ladies later! i'm thinking of each of you!
hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#8 of 29 Old 01-28-2008, 11:40 AM

Waiting, waiting, waiting! I am so huge and my hips are so sore. No patience. No labor signs. Hoping she comes along before next MW appointment. They will hook me back up to the NST again.

SAHM to Ivan 6/10/05 who says  signcirc1.gifand Matilda 1/31/08 who says saynovax.gif:::

#9 of 29 Old 01-28-2008, 11:47 AM

Hi all, 40w2d for me and no signs of anything, boo hoo. I'm at home now on my leave, but just got a phone call from my school saying, "Where are you? Your leave doesn't start until you have the baby." Ummm, wrong! I love when there's no communication between offices to arrange these things. And there are/were 11 pregnant women in my school this year, you'd think HR would come over and give us the leave info in a group to save time instead of having all of us calling them all the time individually and therefore getting inconsistent information. Anyway, enough ranting. I need to focus on encouraging this little guy to get here!
#10 of 29 Old 01-28-2008, 12:19 PM

Mamas who have had a NST...can you tell me what that's all about? Is it basically a simple u/s? How long does it take? Last week my CNM talked about possibly having one this week. I have an appt tomorrow and I wonder if they'd do it then or if I'd need to schedule it seperately and come back.
#11 of 29 Old 01-28-2008, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie29 View Post
Mamas who have had a NST...can you tell me what that's all about? Is it basically a simple u/s? How long does it take? Last week my CNM talked about possibly having one this week. I have an appt tomorrow and I wonder if they'd do it then or if I'd need to schedule it seperately and come back.
I'm supposed to have one on Thursday, when I will be 8 days past my EDD.
I had one 3 yrs ago when I was a week past my EDD with dd- they hooked me up to the monitors and measured contractions & baby's heartbeat until they had a nice long strip. They also did an ultrasound to check fluid level. I enjoyed seeing her chubby little cheeks
That's all I remember, but it did seem to take a while. We're planning to have my mom watch our kids on Thurs. just in case it takes a long time again.

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#12 of 29 Old 01-28-2008, 02:05 PM

sending labor vibes to those past their due dates!

I'm nak right now contemplating a nap and it's only 9am here. Today is DH's back to work day so I'm on my own. Which included getting DS ready for school and a nice walk in the rain on the way home with my DD (2) and new baby. I'm spent already!

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#13 of 29 Old 01-28-2008, 02:40 PM

Ollineeba, thanks for the info. That's helpful.

s to everyone. I wonder how Amandamac is doing...
#14 of 29 Old 01-28-2008, 04:04 PM

at my appt today, i found out that my cervix is still very posterior. and the baby whose head was really engaged (anterior) last week, has floated back out of my pelvis, and isn't anterior anymore.

i turned down the invitation to schedule an induction. i have until next monday to get this kid out on my own. after that, i don't know what will happen. i had an induction for postdate with my first, and it was a hellish experience that kicked off his 5-month hospitalization. so i'm not feeling happy vibes right now.

at the NST, the baby was noticeably quieter. while he was practicing breathing well (in the u/s), his heartrate was much lower than it was on friday, at my last NST.

i go back on thursday for another NST, u/s, and consult with the mw.

for all of my efforts since the beginning of this pregnancy, i can't believe my body isn't more ready. i am very depressed at the prospect of induction right now (DH is adamant that i not think about that). can i possibly get this kid out on my own in 1 week?

off to down RRL and EPO and walk on the treadmill for the rest of the day. i guess.

hcm

P.S. i have been dodging everyone's ELVs for a few weeks. i take it all back.

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#15 of 29 Old 01-28-2008, 04:10 PM

i'm at 40+1 today. and thinking i may head into february still pregnant.

Rabbitt, it snowed here too, and that has been one of my fears, that baby will come when it snows. we live up a hill, and it gets really icy. i doubt the labor tub people could get to us, and i would be so bummed to not have the tub. and the midwives would have to somehow get up the hill by walking and carrying all the equipment.
#16 of 29 Old 01-28-2008, 04:30 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
HCM

Have been thinking of you all, still cooking and with newborns

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#17 of 29 Old 01-28-2008, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post
at my appt today, i found out that my cervix is still very posterior. and the baby whose head was really engaged (anterior) last week, has floated back out of my pelvis, and isn't anterior anymore.

i turned down the invitation to schedule an induction. i have until next monday to get this kid out on my own. after that, i don't know what will happen. i had an induction for postdate with my first, and it was a hellish experience that kicked off his 5-month hospitalization. so i'm not feeling happy vibes right now.
Oh, deep breath. I know this isn't the update you were hoping for, but a lot can happen between now and next Monday. Your patience and committment are awesome! This is one lucky baby to have such a great mama.

Come on baby! Come out and meet your amazing mom. :

#18 of 29 Old 01-28-2008, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

I have a NST tomorrow too. Not sure what to make of it. I have never gone this long before, so this is my first time dealng wth all the tense faces at my weekly check-ups.

Even the midwife is starting to look at me with some anxiety. I have twice refused to be induced and have agreed to the NST as a way of postponing the third attempt at getting me to agree to induction. I do not want to be induced. I know this baby will come when s/he is good and ready. Just let me be!

Anyway, dh wants me to ask why it is called a 'non' stress test since it is clearly stressing me out.

I'll update tomorrow, but I really hope they tell me that everything looks fine and I am cleared to continue gestating for another week.

#19 of 29 Old 01-28-2008, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthiegirl View Post
Anyway, dh wants me to ask why it is called a 'non' stress test since it is clearly stressing me out.
My DH made a comment like this, too. I'm just worried about what road I might be heading down if they don't like what they see.
I had one with dd when I was a week late, but everything was perfect. Hopefully it will go well for all of us this week!

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#20 of 29 Old 01-28-2008, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post
P.S. i have been dodging everyone's ELVs for a few weeks. i take it all back.
Hugs, HCM. I know how that feels.

Actually, hugs to everyone. It's so hard to be patient at the end of pregnancy.

Sleep is getting better on our front, although Madeleine has discovered a new talent - spitting up copious amounts of milk on unsuspecting bystanders. She was a real hit with her older cousins until they discovered that she occasionally does this - then suddenly no one wanted to hold her anymore.

Gotta go nurse the munchkin.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#21 of 29 Old 01-28-2008, 07:06 PM

for the stressed-out mamas! It seems that we're all in good company!
#22 of 29 Old 01-28-2008, 07:13 PM

thanks for the hugs, everyone. i have spent my afternoon locked in anxiety.

so does anyone have any wondrous secrets for ripening the cervix?

i already walk 6 mi/day. now i'm ratcheting it up even more.
i just started taking EPO orally. will try vag insertion tonight.
i drink tons of RRL tea.
i know, i know. sex.
i've tried whole (fresh) pineapple in past pregnancies. i'm not supposed to eat it now, and probably won't.

anyone else know how to get my cervix to come forward and actually do what it's supposed to be doing at 41 weeks?

hcm

#23 of 29 Old 01-28-2008, 08:24 PM

hcm- accupuncture can work wonders!! I'd recommend doing it with someone who works with pregnant women (my chiro does it, maybe that's a place to ask for a referal) and just tell them to do the works to get you going. The EPO by mouth and vaginally should help some too.

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#24 of 29 Old 01-28-2008, 09:29 PM

Am I the latest left on here? I'm so ready to have this baby. Still comfortable though and that probably means many more days...I'm taking homeopathics to encourage labor, the 5W herbs, and tomorrow morning my midwife is going to strip my membranes. Maybe that will do it. Any other ideas? I had an acupuncture appointment last Friday and that didn't change anything. I'm out of ideas...maybe I just need to wait patiently now.
#25 of 29 Old 01-28-2008, 10:05 PM

I've been taking EPO vag for a few weeks now.. not sure if it's doing anything, since I can't even find my cervix I envy those women who know their bodies well enough to be able to do that!

#26 of 29 Old 01-28-2008, 11:34 PM

Im still here.. been having contractions all day long but no pattern grrr.. this is getting really annoying and Im convinced hes in there to stay LOL.. Ive been cleaning like a mad woman though and my house is coming together nicely.. well, all except 1 room I refuse to tackle LOLOL... today is 40w4d
#27 of 29 Old 01-29-2008, 12:21 AM

after 4+ hours of walking today, baby is only higher in my pelvis, kicking at the top of my pained uterus. i am only thinking the worst. can things really change so drastically in just one week? can my cervix come forward and ripen, and have the baby descend and actually start labor by then? (it's weird, cause last week, the baby was positioned and engaged great, my cervix was right there and already soft and dilated a bit.)

tomorrow, we're going to walk at the mall for the day.

i go between panic and tears. i cannot handle another pitocin induction.

hope everyone else is doing ok.
hcm

#28 of 29 Old 01-29-2008, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadine View Post
i'm at 40+1 today. and thinking i may head into february still pregnant.

Rabbitt, it snowed here too, and that has been one of my fears, that baby will come when it snows. we live up a hill, and it gets really icy. i doubt the labor tub people could get to us, and i would be so bummed to not have the tub. and the midwives would have to somehow get up the hill by walking and carrying all the equipment.
We're supposed to go to a birth center & DP says it would be ok if it was snowing or icy because he's from Minnesota & can drive in the ice. I told him it's not whether he can drive in the snow but whether the other cars can If the other people don't know how to drive in the snow it's still dangerous...
#29 of 29 Old 01-29-2008, 01:15 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've been thinking of you all lately and am sending ELV for those who require. :

We are doing alright on our front, I suppose. I am still pumping breastmilk and bottlefeeding dd#2. When my painful cracks heal up and I've gotten more sleep, I will try bfing again with dd. Also I am waiting to speak with my psychiatrist next week. I am feeling quite tired. Also a little bored being at home all the time and just doing baby stuff. I've been out a few times but find I pay for it later in the day with an energy crash.

Dd#1 has been adorable in her interest in dd#2. She also looks so big now in comparison!!! I do feel like I am on her case all the time trying to get her cooperation, and when she refuses (as is common for a 2.5 y.o.) I calmly, gently guide her to do "it" anyway. She is playing "angry" with me quite a lot. I wish I could be a more energetic connected mommy with her, but I'm just quite tired right now. I do make an effort to connect and play, but sometimes it's just not how she wants. Oh well, it'll get better.

I am a bit nervous about being home with the two kids alone after 6 wks. I need to find a preschool for dd#1 because she's so active and needs stimulation. I CANNOT see how I will cope with her only on 3 hrs of sleep/night, yk? Anybody else with kiddos at home and a newborn who can share some strategies? TIA

Hugs to all

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page