Daily Check In- 1/29 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 01-29-2008, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It's almost 8- I can't believe no one has done this yet! I hope that means more babies are here or almost here.

39+4. I had really painful contractions all night long, I thought they would fade away or get stronger but they just stayed the same (and still are!) so I just tried to sleep. Maybe they'll go somewhere today

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 18 Old 01-29-2008, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Katie Lynn
January 28th, 2008 at 5:13 am
8 pounds, 8.6 ounces
19 inches long

w00t!
#3 of 18 Old 01-29-2008, 12:23 PM

poolside, that's wonderful news. i love the name katie.

no update here.
cramming my body as full of EPO and prostaglandins as possible.
spent more than 4 hours on the treadmill yesterday.
will probably top that today.

sad.
that's all.

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#4 of 18 Old 01-29-2008, 12:45 PM

Hi, 40+3 today. Sadly, nothing to report. I can't believe HCM that you are spending so much time on the treatmill! I was impressed with myself that it was warm enough yesterday to walk 2 miles outside. How much EPO are you taking?
#5 of 18 Old 01-29-2008, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlsk View Post
How much EPO are you taking?
i'm kinda faking it. i am taking 2 at breakfast, 2 at dinner, 3 inserted overnight, and some oil rubbed around "in there" when i can.

hope i'm not overdoing it, but i'm pretty desperate right now.

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#6 of 18 Old 01-29-2008, 01:02 PM

I do not move! : Maybe I will today to get things going. All I want to do is complain and eat cake.

SAHM to Ivan 6/10/05 who says  signcirc1.gifand Matilda 1/31/08 who says saynovax.gif:::

#7 of 18 Old 01-29-2008, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolSide View Post
Katie Lynn
8 pounds, 8.6 ounces
19 inches long

w00t!
Congratulations!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan's Mom View Post
I do not move! : Maybe I will today to get things going. All I want to do is complain and eat cake.
Me too!

I feel like crap today. I woke up in the middle of the night to dh putting up the rest of the baby things which was nice. I also woke up twice from dreams where I was in labor, one where I saw my mucous plug in the toilet and another where I was actually having contractions. Then when I had to get up with the kids this morning I just felt horrible. I'm in a pissy mood and don't want to talk, be touched, etc. Yet if dh or the kids were to ignore me, I know I'd be pissed about that. I wish this baby would just come out already!!! : I guess my moment of peace is gone and the bad mood is back. 40+2 today.

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#8 of 18 Old 01-29-2008, 03:05 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Katie Lynn
8 pounds, 8.6 ounces
19 inches long
Congratulations!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post
poolside, that's wonderful news. i love the name katie.

no update here.
cramming my body as full of EPO and prostaglandins as possible.
spent more than 4 hours on the treadmill yesterday.
will probably top that today.

sad.
that's all.

Soon, HCM. I hope your time comes soon. And 4 hours of walking?!? Oi!

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#9 of 18 Old 01-29-2008, 03:13 PM

good morning everyone. i'm 41+1 today. have to go in for an NST/u/s tomorrow - i really wanted to avoid that!! anyone know if there's any point in declining the tests at this stage? i have two wonderful midwives who i trust so i'm thinking i should just do it even though it's stressful for me.

hcm - i know how you feel about the deadline!! half the time i am upset and stressed out, half the time i'm ok with whatever might happen. maybe you can try some relaxation instead of the treadmill? i've been told to walk, but not too long. i've been doing about an hour a day. if you can do an hour of meditation/relaxing instead, it might help your body to open up. i am trying to do that and have been going to acupuncture - it feels wonderful to relax and take the time to dream about holding baby soon. try some yoga, squatting, take a bath, meditate, try some visualizations, maybe massage or acupressure... something that works for you.
#10 of 18 Old 01-29-2008, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
40+4 days

I am just back from my NST. All is fine. My blood pressure is great, no swelling, no sugars, no proteins, nada. Baby looks great too. Lots of movement, plenty of fluid and heart rate is excellent.

My Dr still tried to schedule an induction for tomorrow morning! I asked 'why?' when everything seems so perfect and healthy. He had no answer except that most women want inductions by this point, so he figured I would want one too.

Dude! I did not want to be induced the first time he asked, nor the second and not third. I do not want to be induced!

Poor guy does not realize that I will birth in my bathtub before I show up for an induction. Silly doctors. The midwife associated with the practice is just as bad!

Damn. If I have another baby, I swear I am moving to a more midwife friendly state. I just can't get a lay midwife out here in the boonies and am stuck with the next best thing. UC is looking good though.

House cleaning today. I hope pushing the vacuum around helps get labor going. If not, I'll jump my husband later.

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#11 of 18 Old 01-29-2008, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttix2 View Post
Congratulations!!

Me too!

I feel like crap today. I woke up in the middle of the night to dh putting up the rest of the baby things which was nice. I also woke up twice from dreams where I was in labor, one where I saw my mucous plug in the toilet and another where I was actually having contractions. Then when I had to get up with the kids this morning I just felt horrible. I'm in a pissy mood and don't want to talk, be touched, etc. Yet if dh or the kids were to ignore me, I know I'd be pissed about that. I wish this baby would just come out already!!! : I guess my moment of peace is gone and the bad mood is back. 40+2 today.

I am so right there with you. I spent all of breakfast yesterday crying into my cereal. Poor DH isn't sure what to do with me. I feel slightly better today. Just more resigned, not necessarily cheerful. Wish I could find an energy boost and a magical spring of patience!

Not much going on here...just hanging out...hoping for contractions...feeling some minor cervical cramping but nothing else. The most labor action I'm getting lately is in my dreams at night. *sigh*

40+11 today.

Livin' the good life here in Connecticut with my DH hug2.gif and our three fabulous boys grouphug.gif(4/3/06, 2/4/08 and 5/20/10) Hoping to try for Sweet Baby #4 in December! blowkiss.gif

#12 of 18 Old 01-29-2008, 05:15 PM

40+11 today.

Carliegirl, looks like you and I playing the same waiting game. Ugh.

My MW stripped my membranes today, which wasn't as bad feeling as I thought it would be. However, I'm only 1 cm dilated and she said my cervix is still pretty hard. Great. I might really be pregnant forever at this rate! I just don't want it to come to having to be induced because it gets too late.
#13 of 18 Old 01-29-2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Katie Lynn
8 pounds, 8.6 ounces
19 inches long

w00t!
Congratulations!! What wonderful news I hope you have a great babymoon!

~e, wife to my sweet T , mama to my turtleman (12) , sunshine (9 ), and monkey (6)
#14 of 18 Old 01-29-2008, 08:20 PM

i did a few miles on the treadmill, and then i bundled up and went out for the ~6mi hike i used to take everyday up until late november, when it got too cold and i got too pregnant. go figure, i'd decide to do it again when i was 10 months pregnant, in late january. the pregnant mind can be a bizarre thing. i think i'm just really desperate. the exercise feels good, though.

anyone out there with ELVs to spare... i could use them.

i requested another appt with the mw tomorrow to see if my cervix has changed any. if there's any progress, i'm gonna ask for a sweep. then i go back on thursday for another appt and NST. if nothing's happening by friday, i am thinking i might try acupuncture (never tried it before).

anything but the Pit. anything but the Pit. anything but the Pit...

hcm

#15 of 18 Old 01-29-2008, 08:50 PM

And we have mucous plug!! Woo-hoo!!
Totally disgusting.. because there was a ton of it, but yay! That's progress!
~Eileen, still pg at 40w6d

~e, wife to my sweet T , mama to my turtleman (12) , sunshine (9 ), and monkey (6)
#16 of 18 Old 01-29-2008, 09:07 PM

awww, i'm so jealous!

congrats! happy birthing!

#17 of 18 Old 01-29-2008, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post
if nothing's happening by friday, i am thinking i might try acupuncture (never tried it before).
i had never done acupuncture until last week. you might consider trying it sooner than later - multiple treatments seem to help and it gives you a chance to 'respond' to it. hopefully you can find someone who specializes in pregnancy. you can also try acupressure pretty easily yourself - my acupuncturist gave me a handout which is summarized on this webpage (the material is from the same source). there are several easy pressure points that help induce labor - she said to hold each point for about a minute or so and rotate points for a total of about 20 minutes each day - doing more would be fine too but you can bruise yourself if you push tooo hard:
http://www.childbirthsolutions.com/a...sure/index.php
#18 of 18 Old 01-30-2008, 01:48 AM

I'm still here.. had appt today.. progress ....3cm 80% and she was able to move his head.. she thinks she will be seeing my by the weekend. She asked if I wanted to be induced after next week. I said yes... BUT no pit.. I want them to break waters first and see if that works.. it did with my DD so I don't see why it wouldn't work this time.. and I gained 2lbs since last week and I am thinking it is ALL BABY.. I have not had an appetite much so where did I gain it from??? She also wants me to come back Thur for a NST/AFI just to check even though everthing was fine today with BP and HB. I did have some swelling last night but it went away after I put my feet up.

We've had HORRIBLE snow storm the past few days and supposed to get around round this Thur school has been closed all week and that never happens so you know it is bad... I am thinking that is why he is not coming out.. too cold.. : Guess I have a really warm womb. My feeling is he wants to be a Superbowl Baby... we'll see.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page