Daily Check-In 1/30 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 29 Old 01-30-2008, 03:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My first time starting the check-in thread! I know it's just barely the 30th, but I'm excited!

So.. I *think* I'm in early labor. Finally. Today I am 41 weeks. Had a ton of mucous plug earlier (sorry TMI!) and now fairly regular, painful contractions. Only about 6-8ish mins apart, but man do they hurt. So as much as I didn't want an overnight labor again, it looks like that might be what's happening.

Hope everyone else is doing well! I'm off to sit on my birth ball

(eeek.. I hope I didn't jinx myself by starting this thread! Watch it all fizzle out now.. )

~e, wife to my sweet T , mama to my turtleman (12) , sunshine (9 ), and monkey (6)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 29 Old 01-30-2008, 03:51 AM

No early labor for me . I am quite restless :. I have a dull lower backache, so great, probably the beginnings of a posterior labor. My dd turned pretty early on, though, so I have hope. I am feeling better with my sinus infection, but still pretty stuffy. Walked a lot again last night, had some crampiness going, but it fizzled. This baby is quite content. It's okay, I guess. I just really don't want to have to go in for an NST. They are just so annoying and stressful. My father says thursday is not a good day for him, because he'll be out of town that day, thanks Dad! My husband says he's in a good place to leave work for a while as all his projects are mostly wrapped up. So, I guess that just leaves me and baby. GAWD! Do people just not realize how much pressure they put on a pregnant Mama. Thank goodness I don't have a home phone. We just use our cells, and for the most part everyone calls DH. At least I don't have to answer the phone a billion times a day. And when I call anyone, they answer like..."HeLLLLLO???????" I'm just like, "Yeah, no baby, yet, but..."

Anyway, have a good one Mamas! How many of us are actually left cooking, I wonder?
#3 of 29 Old 01-30-2008, 06:39 AM

ollineeba :

anudi01 I know what you mean about pressure. My dh scheduled his vacation according to my due date, the due date that came and went on the 20th. So 1/3 of his vacation is over and no baby yet. Pressure.

I'm not feeling any closer to labor. All I want to do is sleep and eat.

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#4 of 29 Old 01-30-2008, 10:14 AM

I'm here...and OH SO TIRED!!! I'd soooo love to be sleeping now, but instead was woken up by the worst heartburn ever. My whole body hurts from this heartburn.
I know I'm usually really good about "oh the baby will come when she wants, lets not make her come out", but seriously....OUT NOW BABY!!! NO JOKE! My mom is leaving town in 3 days after being here for almost 3 weeks. I really want her to be here for the birth & to get some baby lovin time but we're running out of time now I had acupuncture yesterday & I've been having contrax for the past couple of days but no baby yet. Maybe now that I'm REALLY over being pregnant she'll come out... I'm sick of saying "maybe tonight or tomorrow," I want it to be NOW already!
Did I mention how ridiculously tired I am
Sorry for all the crazy ranting...
LOVE YOU MAMAS!! Can't be too much longer for us now
#5 of 29 Old 01-30-2008, 10:51 AM

i walked 10 miles yesterday. it felt really good. i can't sit still- too upset.

no signs of any progress.

off to the mw today. praying for my cervix to be within reach so she can try a sweep.

all i think about was my induction with my first. it was the most awful, dehumanizing, painfully destructive, terrorizing experience of my life, and my baby didn't get to come home for 5 months afterward. i am so scared being induced again; it was so wrong.

hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#6 of 29 Old 01-30-2008, 11:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm trying to be patient also. but really. come out.

yesterday i was having a ton of squeezing in the afternoon- it didn't come and go, just constant painful squeezing. i called the MW and she said it sounds like early labor and to come in to be checked and check on baby who wasn't moving much. we share a car so dh drove home as fast as he could and was all excited and talking about meeting his daughter soon and kissing her little feet. we got there and i was 1 cm dilated, 50% effaced, same as when she checked me at 36 weeks . on the plus side baby sounded fine. anyway she sent me home and told me to have a glass of wine and a bath (which i did and slept GREAT last night!) and said not to expect a January baby but sleep and eat well just in case. I felt bad for poor dh who was so excited and felt kinda dumb since this is my 3rd baby and you'd think i'd know what is going on. but i don't

Squeezing is back this morning, i guess i'll try to ignore it until it gets crazy painful.

hcm- thinking of you today, hope baby gets settled and ready to come naturally!

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif
#7 of 29 Old 01-30-2008, 12:13 PM

Good morning, 40+4 today. I'm not to 41w yet, but am definitely feeling anxious about getting this process started. Too many people keep calling me expecting to get baby news. I mean, does everyone who goes 1 day past due expect an induction? I just wish he would come out!!! I went walking at the mall last night, as it was -10 here, and felt optimistic as I had to go so much more slowly than the day before. Definite pressure down there, he must have dropped. But once I stopped walking, it was all over and now I feel nothing. Well, I guess I'd better get walking again today!
#8 of 29 Old 01-30-2008, 12:20 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
40 +5!

Oh mamas, what a long week it has been. After the NST yesterday and ANOTHER recommendation for induction, I came home and cleaned like crazy, drank a gallon of RRL tea, dtd with dh, took a long hot bath, and had a small glass of beer to help me chill out. I went to bed tired and crampy, but NOT in labor.

Big sigh. I am ready to be done. My mom's early morning phone call every day is making me crazy. No, no baby yet. Stop calling. Seriously.

HCM -- your story of induction gives me the sweats. It is cases like yours that is keeping me fighting for my birthing rights and refusing recommendation after recommendation for induction. The midwife, the OB -- they are all pushing for it. :

I am headed out for along walk, a trip to the library and dd's piano lesson. I need something to do! All this waiting is making me crazy.

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#9 of 29 Old 01-30-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollineeba View Post

So.. I *think* I'm in early labor. Finally. Today I am 41 weeks. Had a ton of mucous plug earlier (sorry TMI!) and now fairly regular, painful contractions. Only about 6-8ish mins apart, but man do they hurt. So as much as I didn't want an overnight labor again, it looks like that might be what's happening.

(eeek.. I hope I didn't jinx myself by starting this thread! Watch it all fizzle out now.. )

ollineeba! This sounds like wonderful news. I have my fingers crossed that today is your day. ELV to you!

#10 of 29 Old 01-30-2008, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollineeba View Post
My first time starting the check-in thread! I know it's just barely the 30th, but I'm excited!

Hope today is your day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthiegirl View Post
40 +5!

Oh mamas, what a long week it has been. After the NST yesterday and ANOTHER recommendation for induction, I came home and cleaned like crazy, drank a gallon of RRL tea, dtd with dh, took a long hot bath, and had a small glass of beer to help me chill out. I went to bed tired and crampy, but NOT in labor.

Big sigh. I am ready to be done. My mom's early morning phone call every day is making me crazy. No, no baby yet. Stop calling. Seriously.

HCM -- your story of induction gives me the sweats. It is cases like yours that is keeping me fighting for my birthing rights and refusing recommendation after recommendation for induction. The midwife, the OB -- they are all pushing for it. :

I am headed out for along walk, a trip to the library and dd's piano lesson. I need something to do! All this waiting is making me crazy.
Hang in there.

Well I haven't been on MDC for a few days, but I am still here...sigh.....40w5d today. Went for an nst yesterday. Baby looks fine. Went to the Dr right after and he asked me if I wanted to be induced. Of course I said no and he was fine. He is a really good OB, very laid back etc. He said he had a patient last month who went to 42w5d and he seemed fine with it. I go for another nst on Friday if this baby hasn't come by then (please please please come) and as long as everything still looks okay I will just keep waiting. The one thing I have to say is I have never had an ultrasound past 19 weeks or so and it was really neat to see the baby. In those early ones it just kind of looks like an alien, but yesterday I could see the face and the baby was actually blinking...very cool. The technician was really good. When I told her that we did not know the sex, nor did we want to she turned the screen away when she had to look "down there".

I wonder how many of us will be here in February? I have strict instructions from dh not to go into labor on Sunday (so you know that is going to be the day )

Take care ladies
#11 of 29 Old 01-30-2008, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollysMom View Post

I wonder how many of us will be here in February? I have strict instructions from dh not to go into labor on Sunday (so you know that is going to be the day )

I have the same instructions...from dh, my FIL, and all the neighbors who are planning a massive super bowl party. I am guessing that I will go into labor about 8 minutes into the first quarter.

#12 of 29 Old 01-30-2008, 01:09 PM

MAMARabbitt When I had bad heartburn the only thing that helped was Tums and lots of them. I just got a bottle of the regular ones and popped a couple anytime I felt the burn. I get pica during pregnancy and actually began craving the chalky taste of them. Anyway, it is something you might want to try. I hope labor starts for you soon. :

HardCoreMom You are proving that your username is correct. 10 miles?!? I can barely stumble to the bathroom and back! I hope you go into labor soon! :

BeanyMama This is my fourth pregnancy, third baby (1st was m/c) and I still have no idea what to expect so I'm right there with you. Hopefully that squeezing will turn into labor! :

dahlsk I've been wondering the same thing. Whenever anyone knows that I'm past my dates the first question is, "Is something wrong???" They just can't wrap their heads around the fact that I didn't jump for a c/s as soon as I was one day past my edd. Here's hoping the walking starts something off today! :

Ruthiegirl Same : for you!

HollysMom I have to get a NST next week sometime (or this week but the new girl at my midwife's never called me to set it up so I don't know and I'm not scheduling it myself) and that is the one good thing I see coming out of it. Seeing the baby at such an advanced stage will probably be cool. Anyway, : for you too

My youngest is going to make me pull my hair out. He sneaks and poops on the floor. I don't understand it, he knows that what he is doing is wrong. He knows that poop goes in the toilet. And yet he will sneak off and poop on the floor instead of using the toilet. Then I have to search the apartment for his lovely "surprises". I am going crazy dealing with wiping poop off the floor, I mean, he is 3 this shouldn't be a problem!!! I've decided that I'm going to put him back in diapers and try again with the potty training later. I just can't handle any more poop on the floor.

#13 of 29 Old 01-30-2008, 01:30 PM

Hi ladies,
So I'm 40+12 today. I had an emotionally really hard night last night, which continued into this morning. I'm feeling so much pressure to have this baby and of course I have no control over it, which seems to be so frustrating to everyone around me. Everyone keeps asking if I'm doing "everything I can" to get the baby out. Which of course, I'm doing, (stripping the membranes, walking, sex, nipple stimulation, homeopathics, acupuncture, tea, spicy food, etc.) but doesn't seem to affect anything at all. My poor mother has been here for 2 weeks now and has nothing to do as I'm still working because I need all my sick days for when the baby eventually does come as teachers don't get maternity leave. So she's just sitting at my house, cleaning things over and over, buying more and more groceries, just killing time, hoping and praying the baby comes before she has to leave next weekend. And I'm so sick of everyone asking "Still no baby?" every time they see me. I just want to curl up in a cave and be alone. I cried and cried last night because I'm starting to worry something is wrong with my body or the baby or my body doesn't know what to do to birth this baby. I know logically everything is fine as my MW has examined me and baby is in position and healthy, embryonic fluid level is great, placenta sounds good, etc. but emotionally I'm a wreck today.

Sorry, I just needed to vent all those feelings.

Ollineeba-good birthing vibes to you!
#14 of 29 Old 01-30-2008, 02:28 PM

Oh angie6282....I totally feel your pain! I have been pretty weepy lately too. And even when I'm not crying I can't exactly work up a cheery outlook. I'm so ready to be done. 40+12 here too. Its good to know that your midwife says everything looks healthy...mine does too. I'm hoping this means labor will just come on me suddenly and end up fast and intense. Wouldn't it be cool if we had our babies on the same day? I feel like we're twins! What are you having? Do you know? We are waiting till the baby is born to see but we kind of think its a girl.

No real sign of impending labor for me. Had some contractions last night while reading in bed but nothing massive and it tapered off when I went to sleep. Nothing this morning. No mucus plug, no obvious progress. Oh well. Must keep on. Planning on a February baby now.

Livin' the good life here in Connecticut with my DH hug2.gif and our three fabulous boys grouphug.gif(4/3/06, 2/4/08 and 5/20/10) Hoping to try for Sweet Baby #4 in December! blowkiss.gif

#15 of 29 Old 01-30-2008, 02:49 PM

Livin' the good life here in Connecticut with my DH hug2.gif and our three fabulous boys grouphug.gif(4/3/06, 2/4/08 and 5/20/10) Hoping to try for Sweet Baby #4 in December! blowkiss.gif

#16 of 29 Old 01-30-2008, 04:26 PM

so i had a different mw today, who not only felt my cervix ("right there"), but she also felt the baby's head ("right there"), and said that i'm already a 3 and 80% effaced. what a difference from 2 days ago, when i was posterior and tight as a fist!

breathing deeply again, letting go, and trusting. like it's supposed to be.

thanks everyone for the good vibes.
i certainly won't need medical induction- i'm cramping like crazy now, and feeling lots of those early labor tingles. woot!

hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#17 of 29 Old 01-30-2008, 05:52 PM

HCM, that's great news! I go in to see the mw tomorrow, hope I have some progress to report like you did. Good luck!!!
#18 of 29 Old 01-30-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreMom View Post
so i had a different mw today, who not only felt my cervix ("right there"), but she also felt the baby's head ("right there"), and said that i'm already a 3 and 80% effaced. what a difference from 2 days ago, when i was posterior and tight as a fist!

breathing deeply again, letting go, and trusting. like it's supposed to be.

thanks everyone for the good vibes.
i certainly won't need medical induction- i'm cramping like crazy now, and feeling lots of those early labor tingles. woot!

hcm
that's where I was yesterday at my appt 3cm 80% and right there.. and I gained 2 lbs from last week.. it's all baby.... ack!.. cramping all day and woke up at 5am with my back pain.. still crampy today so we'll see what today brings. I'm going to try to sew some fleece soakers and keep my mind off things. I have a NST/AFI tomorrow and I keep telling everyone he is holding out for Sunday If he is not here by then I have *eviction* papers for Mon morning. My doc knows I want to go as natural as possible so they are going to break my water.. I told her I don't need pit just my water broken and I am good to go.. DD was born 3.5 hours after they broke my water with her.. so at least there is a light at the end I can see a little.. Doc thinks she will see me before then and I do too.. only reason why I really said yes to induction.. I know I will go before than.
#19 of 29 Old 01-30-2008, 07:30 PM

:

rue bee is a week old tomorrow :..im having a bit of the baby blues.. not about her, but im so weepy and sensitive in general... im ready to go home but we have another week to go. im just trying to stay sane and know that our little home is waiting patiently for us. my milk is slow to come in, baby isn't really pooping much (unless i hold her over the sink and ec her) and im worried about her being too skinny and tiny ak. motherhood..

nursey baby....

im thinking of you all..with babies in and out.

fern

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#20 of 29 Old 01-30-2008, 08:24 PM

UGH why did I do that?? I went over to the Feb boards... and looked at all the babies being born BEFORE MINE!! : Not fair!!!
#21 of 29 Old 01-30-2008, 08:58 PM

would you guys believe that i'm having ctx? 3-6 minutes apart. not painful, but it's certainly early labor. incredible! i've never really gotten to experience early labor before. it's kinda cool.

oh wait. they are painful.

#22 of 29 Old 01-30-2008, 10:08 PM

Yeah Hardcoremom

What great news......I guess maybe now I need to walk: 10 miles?

Please keep us posted-looks like this is it!
#23 of 29 Old 01-30-2008, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamazon View Post
UGH why did I do that?? I went over to the Feb boards... and looked at all the babies being born BEFORE MINE!! : Not fair!!!
Yep, not fair at all. :

Quote:
would you guys believe that i'm having ctx? 3-6 minutes apart. not painful, but it's certainly early labor. incredible! i've never really gotten to experience early labor before. it's kinda cool.

Yay!

#24 of 29 Old 01-30-2008, 10:32 PM

ELVs to all the pregnant moms out there. I had a grand total of 3 hours of sleep last night, not all in one stretch (of course not!), so I'm a little bleary today. Off to make dinner, but wanted to check in with everyone first.

I hope you are all holding little beauties in your arms soon.

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

#25 of 29 Old 01-30-2008, 11:03 PM

Quote:

: : : : :

#26 of 29 Old 01-30-2008, 11:29 PM

YEah HCM!! I hope this is it for you..

I'
m cranky crabby and uncomfortable.. what's new?? LOL>. seriously by lower back hurts and I cannot get comfortable at all.. something is going on.. some minor contractions but this has been going on around the evening for about 2wks now and then fizzle out. So until they REALLT hurt I'm still in denial.
#27 of 29 Old 01-31-2008, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern View Post
im having a bit of the baby blues.. not about her, but im so weepy and sensitive in general...
Add me to the weepy list. The babe has been so EASY and wonderful, but DS has been such a monster (especially towards me), added to crazy hormones...ugh. I started sobbing today when the trash company told me that there wouldn't be a make-up day for trash collection this week (missed due to snow/ice), but that we could put out double next week. Oh, brother...

I'm just crying at the drop of a hat, and am having a very hard time being "present" for DS, who needs me. I know it will get better, but I'm having trouble not mourning the days with the new little one that I feel like I'm missing (emotionally, anyway).

----------------

Yay for all those in labor today!!

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#28 of 29 Old 01-31-2008, 04:36 AM

hey hardcoremom.....anything new?
#29 of 29 Old 01-31-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplehome View Post
Add me to the weepy list. The babe has been so EASY and wonderful, but DS has been such a monster (especially towards me), added to crazy hormones...ugh. I started sobbing today when the trash company told me that there wouldn't be a make-up day for trash collection this week (missed due to snow/ice), but that we could put out double next week. Oh, brother...

I'm just crying at the drop of a hat, and am having a very hard time being "present" for DS, who needs me. I know it will get better, but I'm having trouble not mourning the days with the new little one that I feel like I'm missing (emotionally, anyway).

----------------

Yay for all those in labor today!!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page