moms of one month olds or so.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-30-2008, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Those of us with one month olds.....
Hows it going?

The last month has been awesome. I'm amazed at how quickly I have become accustomed to being a mom of ...TWO! This adjustment is so much easier than the first time...

But GEEZ! My tiny man is growing SO FAST. WHY??? It's not fair.
He was so tiny...just a bit over 5 pounds..17 inches long...and in one month, his growth is off the charts crazy....he weighs 8.5 pounds and is 20.5 inches long....
Ya, I know, there are some newborns on here born bigger than that...my DD was 8-10 and 21 when she was born!!! But it's so different when they are born tiny and then grow......and grow..and grow...

I was putting a load of wash awy and his little preemie clothes were in it..and I started sobbing (hi hormones!) because he'll never wear them again....and now, he is nearly out of the newborn size......by next week he'll have to be in smalls....that's 2 whole sets of clothes he'll have grown out of...CD's that covered his whole torso 4 weeks ago are perfect now....a few are starting to get tight.....

WHY is my baby growing? Doesn't he realize he's making momma cry?

but really..it's been awesome, he's so wonderful, I'm so happy....

others?

CPST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 01-30-2008, 06:37 PM

Its still an adjustment here. I feel like we're still in the 1-2 week stage, mainly because I have less help now
BUT! Rhiannon is getting the hang of nursing in her side, she appears to be growing and she smiles OMG, thats heaven and a half
Kiki is getting used to her sister and she's calmed down alot
Ah...my kingdom for a sling that my baby actually likes
Oh..and I've had to bleach pretty much every single load of laundry due to mildew. I've managed to forget to put clothes in the dryer on a pretty regular basis

waiting on the power of the three wolf moon. 
#3 of 3 Old 01-30-2008, 08:57 PM

Still adjusting here too, but I agree with you Jess, this time around is so much easier! Things aren't that bad, not as hard as I was thinking they would be the first week postpartum. Dh went back to work when Nico was 1 week. I was an emotional mess that first week, lots of crying, worrying and anxiety. That cloud has passed, thank goodness.

Nico is a great nurser, pretty darn good sleeper (10:30pm to 3am, then nursing, diaper change, then sleeping until 7 or 8am)and a much mellower baby than dd. DD was intense, maybe part of that was due to my inexperience and low confidence as a mother, but Nico is so chill. We have taken him to the beach several times, and he is just so happy to be with us.

Dd has been acting out a bit, she is in a nonstop battle to never wear panties, but she loves to love Nico...he gets 100 kisses a day, dd loves to wake him up by smothering him with kisses.

Yeah, it has been awesome, I feel so blessed to have him in our family. I think he is our last, a family of 4 is perfect for us. I am in a good place right now...who knows what challenges lie ahead...

mama tocoolshine.gif  andbikenew.gif3rdtri.gifdue in November

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page