Daily Check In 01/31 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 01-31-2008, 04:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good morning Mamas, it's my turn today to start the thread.

HCM - OMG I hope this is it for you!!!!! How exciting!!!!! :

MamaFern -

I actually have a lot to say but I'm so tired right now that I'm just going to go to bed and see ya'll in the morning! Have a great day everyone! I think of yous often.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#2 of 16 Old 01-31-2008, 07:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
As of today, I'm 41+1 and SO ready to have this baby! I've been on line every night reading the daily check ins but by the time I want to respond, the server is down. So, it's almost 5 am here and I can't sleep so I thought I'd hop on and see how many new babies have arrived and give an update.

Not too many of us left! Hopefully our time will be soon! I'm starting to think we're going to be having Febrauary babies!

Well, I've tried castor oil and finally had some contrax for an hour and 1/2 but they stopped. The next night I tried Black & Blue Cohosh, had contrax but only while I was taking the cohosh and as soon as I stopped taking it, the contax stopped. I went to my MW appt Tuesday - she didn't think I'd make it to that appt but guess what, I was there! She checked the baby and she's healthy and happy and obviously content with NOT coming out. I'm still only dialated to 4 but I'm 90% effaced. My MW doesn't like for her patients to go past 41 weeks but as long as the baby's healthy and fine, I've asked her to give me time and she agreed. So, I'm going in tomorrow (Friday) for a NTS and as long as the baby looks good, she's giving me until Monday. If no baby by Monday, we're scheduling an induction. I had an induction w/ my son and it was horrible but then again, my body was not ready AT all, it was a convenience thing for my doc (obviously have switched doc's), etc. Plus I had an epidural and it took forever, breast feeding did not go well, the whole nine. Thank goodness my son was born healthy with no complications. However, I REALLY want to feel what it's like to go into labor, no interventions, no pain medication, etc. So I'm really hoping she comes on her own before Monday! I just can't wait to hold her and love her up!

Good luck to everyone else!
#3 of 16 Old 01-31-2008, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
No news from HCM?

40+6 here and still hanging out.

I feel great this morning! Got a good night's sleep and have been feeling a little more relaxed about going over due. I saw the new midwife with my OB/midwife group and she was terrific. She agreed that I am not a case for induction, induction is unnecessary at this point and the rest of the group is a little intervention happy. She is planning to start her own practice in a few years! Hooray!! We really need a better choice of birthing options out here.

It gave me a boost in confidence to have someone trust my instincts. She agreed to let me go a little longer as long as I do another NST. I'll do that tomorrow and then hopefully get cleared for another 4 days to sit and gestate. After that, she can't shelter me from the induction pressure and I am going to have to make a hard choice. Please, please come on out baby. I do not want to be induced!

I am headed to the YMCA for a swim and we are planning a walk with the kids later. Got to get this labor going!

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#4 of 16 Old 01-31-2008, 11:34 AM

I bet Hardcoremom is off having her baby!..........lucky.......

Well I had contractions again last night that were stronger and around 7 min apart for a few hours and then of course went away. I went on a walk yesterday hoping for anything really so I guess getting a few good ctx is better than nothing

Trying my hardest to be up beat......by my last period I am 41 wks 6 days and by my ovulation date I am 40 wks 4 days.......

Very easy to get down in the dumps......because now it looks like I will have a feb baby......which ok...fine...just please come out!
#5 of 16 Old 01-31-2008, 11:41 AM

Good morning all, 40+5 today. Nothing's happening, grrrrr. I went walking again yesterday and felt very tight while making my laps around the mall, but nothing once I stopped. Guess I'll be doing that again. I also have a mw appt. later this morning, so I really hope I get some encouraging news.

More phone calls yesterday, too! Don't worry people, I will call when the baby arrives!!!!!!
#6 of 16 Old 01-31-2008, 12:19 PM

40+13 today...nothing happening...just hanging out. Getting a little sick of talking about the baby coming. Starting to feel interested in hibernating and just shutting down on the whole topic. Baby may never come.

Livin' the good life here in Connecticut with my DH hug2.gif and our three fabulous boys grouphug.gif(4/3/06, 2/4/08 and 5/20/10) Hoping to try for Sweet Baby #4 in December! blowkiss.gif

#7 of 16 Old 01-31-2008, 12:29 PM

40+13 today...nothing happening...just hanging out. Getting a little sick of talking about the baby coming. Starting to feel interested in hibernating and just shutting down on the whole topic. Baby may never come.

Livin' the good life here in Connecticut with my DH hug2.gif and our three fabulous boys grouphug.gif(4/3/06, 2/4/08 and 5/20/10) Hoping to try for Sweet Baby #4 in December! blowkiss.gif

#8 of 16 Old 01-31-2008, 12:42 PM

#9 of 16 Old 01-31-2008, 12:51 PM

Hi Everyone -

Haven't posted here yet, but I'm 40 +1 today

Had some contractions last night for a few hours, went to bed hoping they would wake up, but the only thing waking me up was my carpal tunnel and numb fingers from all my swelling.

I'm feeling sad today about my youngest, he's 20 months old, and I'm worried about how he will react to Mama having a new baby. Plus I feel like I'm replacing him with a new baby. I know I'm not really doing that, and I know I have more than enough love for everyone, but those are the feelings I'm having. Hoping to have this baby in the next two days as my doc goes out of town this weekend!

Good luck to everyone else waiting.....

Steph
#10 of 16 Old 01-31-2008, 01:14 PM

I'm so sorry to all of you who are still waiting for your little ones. I felt that horrible desire to hibernate away from EVERYONE until my baby came, too. Sending wonderful birthing vibes for babies to come soon!

Wife to my Denali-climbing DH
Mom to DD born Jan. 08 and DS born Oct. 09, and "baby sister" due Oct 2013!
House mom to ten boys, ages 8-11 at a group home! Yes, I must be nuts!
#11 of 16 Old 01-31-2008, 01:20 PM

i'm at 40+4 today. i've been contracting for regularly at times, and irregulary other times for days now. i've also been having bloody show. yet, i'm still here. hoping baby will join us soon. i'm thinking i'll have a february baby.
#12 of 16 Old 01-31-2008, 02:11 PM

Oh geez, still waiting.

Carliegirl, I think it's great that you and I are at the same spot. At least we're late together! My MW is going to strip my membranes again tomorrow. Has yours' done that yet? She did this once already on Tuesday and yesterday I lost my mucous plug, so I think apparently it had some effect. Maybe a second time will make a bigger difference. As for your questions from the other day: I'm having a boy, his name will be Sebastian (whenever he decides to meet the world!)
#13 of 16 Old 01-31-2008, 02:57 PM

Still here. 40w6d. Feeling pretty uncomfortable and a bit nauseous...good signs? Who knows. I have had nothing in the way of losing my mucous plug or bloody show. I didn't with either of my girls, my water just broke and labor started shortly after. I am so confused I am not sure what my body is doing. Unless something really changes it looks like we are going to have a February baby. I still can't believe it.

ELV to everyone having a baby today and to everyone still waiting.
#14 of 16 Old 01-31-2008, 02:59 PM

angie....my midwife hasn't stripped me. As far as I know she doesn't do that. *sigh* She also doesn't do internals at all so I don't know how "far along" I am. I've checked myself and I'm guessing that I'm partially effaced and a little dilated but I have no experience judging so its really hard to tell. Nothing to do but wait.

#15 of 16 Old 01-31-2008, 04:09 PM

41 + 3 today. I was pretty down last night and woke up feeling the same way, until I saw some mucus plug...!! What a surprise that was. I keep feeling like I haven't had any 'signs' from my body that things were changing, but now I have a little bit of hope again.

I had the NST and u/s yesterday. Everything looks ok, but I hated having to do it. I don't know what it is that makes it so stressful for me... I think it triggers the bad memories from my miscarriage last year where I ended up with a D&C after waiting weeks and weeks to miscarry naturally. I didn't have any ultrasound or doppler this whole pregnancy until yesterday. I need to be more relaxed about all this!!

Anyway, the plan is that I go to labor & delivery Friday afternoon and Monday afternoon for prostaglandin gel to dilate my cervix. (I was 1 cm yesterday, with baby still at -2 station.) Then induction with pitocin by Tuesday. My midwife says starting on Friday (tomorrow! yikes!) will be more gentle and prepare my body better. That means 2 hours of monitoring after they put the gel in. So I'm hoping baby comes today!!! I took 8 hours of 'labor tincture' (cohosh etc.) yesterday and will do it again today.
#16 of 16 Old 01-31-2008, 04:53 PM

Well, I had a mw check up today and she said I am between a 1 and a 2 and about 30-40% effaced. So, a little progress, but I still have to try and be patient. It looks like a NST on Monday for me and then another NST and u/s if I go to next Thursday, and if still nothing then, I get to be induced Friday night (cervidil Fri, pit Sat). I REALLY do not want to be induced, so I hope that things keep progressing on their own before then. I didn't think this would be a Feb. baby, oh well...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page