First day on my own - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-31-2008, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Well, dh went back to work today.

We really liked having him home, he works long hours and we miss him lots, so a whole week with him home was nice, plus he loves to cook and is really good about helping out around the house and letting me rest, so I have not had to do hardly anything - now back to reality:

School was delayed, again, but only 1 hour today, and at least they had school. DD#1 was going stir crazy around here the last few days. Since Christmas, we have only had something like 5 days where they started school on time.

Baby had her first check up yesterday and she weighed 8lb 2 oz! I normally have tiny slow growing babies that take about a month to regain their birth weight after a huge loss. Olivia only lost 9 oz and is already over her birth weight and 1 week.

I keep getting these sad moments when I am holding her and cuddling her, knowing that is is most likely my last baby and I will never get to hold and snuggle a tiny baby again. I am trying to enjoy it all I can

My SIL just stopped by to get the 2 middle girls (having a hard time getting used to saying that) to take them to story time, I am not quite up to it and it is my first time alone with the baby!

Well, I am going to get something to eat then try and rest while they are gone and baby is sleeping!

Have a great day ELV to those still waiting and snuggle vibes to those with babies in their arms.

belly.gifSAHM, carseat geek, cattle raising woman to 5 girls (15, 10, 8, 6, 2) wild.gifand a stork-suprise.gif due in July!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2008, 04:39 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow, right back into the swing of things, eh? And I feel #@%$%# about being left alone with my 2.5 y.o. dd#1 who is at grandma's during the day until mid-March. Meanwhile you have three other kiddos plus the newborn! Well, it does take a village.

Glad you enjoyed having dh at home and that he WAS helpful. That's a blessing.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)

User Tag List