finally water just broke - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-12-2008, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey I have a seconds for a quick update.....

Baby is doing very well, he was being weaned off his IV when I was there last a couple of hours ago and so he should be off now. They just want to see that he is eating well and can hold his blood surgar on his own before they send him home. So they are thinking tomorrow but I am going to push for TODAY!!!

I am holding out for my babymoon, I am determined to just let this all be just a bump in the road.

Because I refuse to let them feed him a bottle I have had to go down to the hospital every couple hours so I am BEAT.....no sleep and when I do it's just stressful dreams about my parents

It's very hard right now on our little family because it's like we are torn apart.....the kids have not seen him yet and don't really have a clue as to what is going on except that they hate that mommy is gone all the time.....and I hate it too!

But hoperfully I will log on in a few hours with him in my arms here at home.....that is my prayer.

The entire story is coming soon I promise, thank you so much for all your thoughts and prayers.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2008, 06:12 PM

I'm pulling for you guys to bring baby home TODAY too! Hugs to you all!

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

Old 02-12-2008, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
:

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
Old 02-12-2008, 09:43 PM

glad to hear things are going good-yes, this is just a bump in the road!

mama tocoolshine.gif  andbikenew.gif3rdtri.gifdue in November

Old 02-12-2008, 10:44 PM - Thread Starter

well......it looks like for sure it will be tomorrow late morning which is fine if I can count on it and I believe I can.....My DH and I really pestered the Dr. with tons of questions and went overt aking him home over and over and anyways in the end they finally are giving me a room right there in the NICU where I can actually sleep !!!! Why they did not do this before blows my mind....but now I can have him with me and feed when I want and sleep with him tonight. So I am very excited.

I have to go but tomorrow I will be saying hello to you all but with him in my arms!

Still thinking about you beanymama!
Old 02-13-2008, 02:57 AM

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you!

Mama to two boys and a girl.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:38 PM

I'm so glad to hear he's happy and with Mama!! I've been so slack about logging on- but I was wondering and thinking about you.

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif
Old 02-17-2008, 04:26 AM - Thread Starter

Hi girls....

Well yes I did get to go home that next morning and I have just been trying to recover. It's been such a nightmare........it wasn't until yesterday and today that I have been able to actually lay down during the day! So basically I have been up and going since within a hour of giving birth! I am slightly worried about myself quite honestly......My DH is still home and has applied for "family medical leave" in which if he gets it, he could be home to help me rest for the rest of the month. I really hope he gets it.

Nursing is going really well excpet that baby spits up everything really easy, because of being on a IV for days. So I have to nurse him in spurts, it usually takes me a good hour before he is full again and ready to go to sleep. He is going just about two hours in between feeding with a somewhat longer period at night which is nice. But my feeding goes like this-a couple of min at a time and then gently burp him. I CAN'T WAIT TO JUST PLUG HIM IN AND FEED! I am so tired.......

I am working on my birth story and it's taking some time.......it's been tough because it still is hard to revisit in my mind because of everything that happened. But there are so many people that want to hear it so I am slowly writing it out.

Oh and we finally named him...........Solomon Samuel
Old 02-17-2008, 04:49 AM

Oh what a beautiful name! Solomon. Nice. I am so glad that you are at home with your baby boy now. I really hope that your DH gets that leave. You need it! Take your time with the birth story. Us reading it isn't as important as you dealing with it on your own time. We'll still be here. It's nice to hear that baby is latching really good and nursing frequently since he was on the IV. Good!

Hope you get a nap soon!

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

Old 02-17-2008, 06:04 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
So glad to hear you're home now. Things still sound kind of stressful though. I hope things smooth out for you soon. How are the kids adapting to all this?

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
Old 02-17-2008, 01:58 PM

welcome home! i love the name.

don't worry about the birth story for now, if it makes things any easier. focus on caring for yourself and nursing that little guy. when you do get around to writing it (even if it's weeks from now), we'll be here and eager to hear it- whether it's on our thread on lwab or our own board somewhere, we'll be just as thrilled to read it then as now... just take care and rest up.

hugs,
hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

User Tag List