Precious Moments - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-08-2008, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Let's start a thread about the cute things our newborns and other kiddos are doing.

Yesterday dd#2 smiled at her sister. Dh and she were totally smitten! I was happy to see them enjoying dd#2 because of this and connecting with her. I love it when the babies start to smile. It makes everything sooo worthwhile!

Dd#1 runs around bringing diapers and baby clothes for me and dh to put on her dolls. This morning her big orange squirrel was sporting a size 1 diaper, covering her from foot to neck. She also sticks all her dolls and things into the baby's bouncy seat, bassinette, etc. so usually when I go to put dd#2 down in one of them, I have some clearing out to do. Either I have to evict those dolls/stuffed animals or one of our cats.

What lovely or funny things are your kiddos doing?

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2008, 04:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well my DS6 just loves the baby he loves to rub her belly,get her diapers,put on her socks,he even helps me watch her if I need to put her down for a min.
He also LOVES getting his picture taken with her!!

DD3 has turned into a wild women..She is acting out,not listening, but then has her moments when she wants to help or love the baby I really don't know what to do with her she is transitioning to the Baby really hard.

They do Love holding her the most

Here is Peace at 3 weeks

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
Old 02-08-2008, 05:38 PM

well ds#1 has not been that quick to warm up to his brother..but as i said in another thread he became really concerned about his new little brother when the big bad pediatrician was making him cry. when ds#1 thinks i'm not looking he will go over to his little brother and check him out or touch his hand.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:43 PM

i think everything rue does is so cute.. but especially when she smiles while nursing or sleeping. she hasn't done much awake smiling yet, but i can't wait. she has the deepest cutest dimples in her cheeks!

my other two just adore her and kiss her all day. its very sweet.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 02-09-2008, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahirakids View Post

DD3 has turned into a wild women..She is acting out,not listening, but then has her moments when she wants to help or love the baby I really don't know what to do with her she is transitioning to the Baby really hard.
This sounds VERY much like my dd! Hard, eh? I totally feel you...

mama tocoolshine.gif  andbikenew.gif3rdtri.gifdue in November

Old 02-09-2008, 04:05 PM

the little squeaking and grunting noises she makes have DH and I both fascinated. sometimes I'm not sure if I'm holding a baby or a cartoon!

Mama to Ella (1/15/08) and Django (03/20/11) - remembering 2 angel.gif
Old 02-09-2008, 05:07 PM

i know it's about the equivalent of rejoicing over those early smiles that aren't actually intended (gas?), but last night, as we were sleeping, marty let out the most outrageous, boisterous laugh i've ever heard come out of a baby. i can't wait for him to laugh for real, if he's going to sound like that. it was uproarious. he'll fit right in our family.

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

Old 02-10-2008, 01:45 AM - Thread Starter

OMG hcm, that's so funny! Yep, love those noises babies make, including the grunting squeaking noises. Fern I hear you on the dimples. So cute! Glad to hear your little ones are enjoying your baby so much.

Lately dd has been not listening very well again, but she's been a bit sleep deprived since we went out of town to visit dh's family for a couple of days. Might your dd be a bit sleep deprived zahirakids? Just a thought. Anyhow, otherwise it seems like it's in the range of normal reactions to such a big change, having some difficulty adjusting. It's been tough here too at times. IT'S JUST A STAGE! IT WILL PASS! :

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
Old 02-12-2008, 02:58 AM - Thread Starter

Today my 4 week old munchkin let out a big "KA!" It startled me and made me alert to the fact that yes, one day this kiddo will start babbling, and eventually talking. Time is going to fly by, I know.

Babies are amazing.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:30 AM

Dd loves to hold dd2 - asks me several times a day if she can - well, she was holding her on the couch today when ds climbed up beside her and gave dd2 a kiss on the forehead! I had the presence of mind to grab the camera (even gave dd1's hair a littlr brushing before I took the pictures ) - now I have a sweet picture of my 3 little ones all together....completely unrehearsed!

Bobbi, wife to dh love.gif and mom to dd1 (6-6-04) blahblah.gif, ds (4-1-06) nut.gif, and dd2 (1-18-08) flower.gif. Welcoming our newest ds babyboy.gif (11-24-10)!

Old 02-12-2008, 03:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by my kidlets and me View Post
Dd loves to hold dd2 - asks me several times a day if she can - well, she was holding her on the couch today when ds climbed up beside her and gave dd2 a kiss on the forehead! I had the presence of mind to grab the camera (even gave dd1's hair a littlr brushing before I took the pictures ) - now I have a sweet picture of my 3 little ones all together....completely unrehearsed!
That's so sweet!

User Tag List