Daily Check In 2/10 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 02-10-2008, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good morning all,

This weekend we were visiting dh's family out of town. It was the first time we were back at his parents' place since his father's death. It was bittersweet. The lovely thing was that his siblings and their spouses/babies/children all came together with us, and we had a grand ole time! Of course, we were all dewy eyed over the fact that his father would have loved to have seen all the kids together. : But it was lovely to be together.

I am enjoying dd#2 so much. Dd#1 has been a bit more cranky than usual not getting quite enough sleep due to our trip. She and I are bucking a little more than usual because she's just not listening. Oh well. I remind myself to be PATIENT. That helps.

Anybody else find themselves on a bit of an emotional rollercoaster? I find one minute I am literally giggling to myself ferverently because dd#2 is so cute, then feeling GUILTY and sad that dd#1 and I have friction. Such a rollercoaster, these feelings of parenting. Oh well, I know it's normal.

How are we all doing? I hope people are getting some sleep, feedings are going well, and that mothers are being mothered some.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#2 of 12 Old 02-10-2008, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter

And since I'm already here chatting, I will add that I AM SO HUNGRY but I can't seem to find the right food to satisfy me. KWIM? Does anybody else feel that this postpartum? I've felt this way for at least a week now. Hmmm.....
(off to raid the fridge)

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#3 of 12 Old 02-10-2008, 08:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I found that postpartum the only thing that filled that craving for me was grains and whole ones at that...

If I were you I would make up a pot of quinoa and split peas, some millet and some oatmeal and consider your self fed for a few days....

I found the combination of high protein/high carbs was great especially as my wee one nursed constantly and I had a huge supply of milk

hth
-Lori
#4 of 12 Old 02-10-2008, 11:41 AM

I felt starving like that for the first week, but now things have calmed down a bit! Now I am having a hard time getting enough liquids and proteins. I don't like most proteins and hate water. I guess it will become a self-discipline thing- you know, do the right thing because I HAVE to not because I want to?

Weekends are super long here- our boys are home all weekend. So I spent two hours in the middle of the night crying last night. Whaaaa, I hate my job, just want to be with baby, etc. I know deep down I don't hate my job, but it is hard to have to divide my time now. I know things will get easier and I am trying to remind myself that hormones aren't helping any.

Today is a bit calmer. We were supposed to go to church, which I was super excited about (we only have enough vans at work to take the kids every other week). But then one puked all over the bedroom and we are having major attitude issues with another. Sooo, we're just staying home. Which has turned out nice. It will be a quiet day, at home! Yippeeee!

Wife to my Denali-climbing DH
Mom to DD born Jan. 08 and DS born Oct. 09, and "baby sister" due Oct 2013!
House mom to ten boys, ages 8-11 at a group home! Yes, I must be nuts!
#5 of 12 Old 02-10-2008, 11:58 AM

ugh. rough night. the boys were "all up in my junk," says DH- they don't keep their feet out of his crotch all night long, and it bugs the you-know-what out of him (understandably). so DH is tired and grumpy today.

i didn't sleep well. help me out, ladies, but whenever my baby sleeps for very long, i get nervous. not about his safety, but that he should be nursing instead. so usually, i give him a diaper change, cause he's always wet anyway, and that wakes him up enough for him to want to eat. but last night, he didn't want to eat when i changed his diapers, and he wasn't wetting very heavily overnight. this is my third baby, and i should be a lot more chill about things, but i still feel like at 10 days old, he should be nursing a lot overnight. i need to remind myself that he's fine, and that i shouldn't force things, but it's that dang maternal instinct to feed... sigh. so i was awake, trying to nurse a sleeping baby. i'm supposed to be grateful for the chance to sleep instead, right?

gonna eat some bfast now. hope everyone has a good day.

hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#6 of 12 Old 02-10-2008, 12:13 PM

Morning ladies.

My Mom's in town so I'm not able to get on and check in very often, glad to hear babies are doing well and I hope all the little bumps smooth out and everyone gets well rested (hahahaaa...)

The beach was beautiful, it was nice to go and stare at it and feel the connection from the ocean to my little insides. Amazing. More plug, but nothing exciting to report. I took a walk this am and we're going muesuming again today, the busyness has been a great distraction from dwelling on not having her out yet, maybe she's just waiting for a little peace from her Mama

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif
#7 of 12 Old 02-10-2008, 03:32 PM

Beanymama, Wishing peaceful labor vibes for you and your babe.
#8 of 12 Old 02-10-2008, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaturtle View Post
Hey BeanyMama! I'm going to go ahead and call it... I think tomorrow will be your day! I hope I'm wrong. I hope it's tonight! You and Hadassa have me coming to the board avery day hoping that the last of the January babies have arrived, and it looks like yours is going to be our very last one! I think that's pretty neat! You baby gets the be the cool, totally fashionably late child! *huge grins*
I couldn't agree more.

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#9 of 12 Old 02-10-2008, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy27 View Post
I found the combination of high protein/high carbs was great especially as my wee one nursed constantly and I had a huge supply of milk
Interesting because that is exactly what I've been eating...thx

#10 of 12 Old 02-10-2008, 08:54 PM

you guys are so great- i hope you're right!!!

#11 of 12 Old 02-11-2008, 02:21 AM

Hi girls........

I miss you all. Right now I am just bawling my eyes out because I don't understand why my birth had to go the way it did....and here I am sitting at home without my sweet little boy and it just seems so wrong. Most of the time we have to take turns going to see him because of our little ones at home and rigth now it's DH's turn.

I know most of what I am feeling is just the hormones catching up with me....this just sucks so bad....

and yes it could be SO much worse.....I just miss him and am feeling dissapointed, and PO'd at my mom who made life so stressful towards the end of my pregnancy-still is.....and what else? ummm yeah just really down........

So where else to I turn? to you my girls who have been there for me this whole time and I know you all care and also have a very good clue as to what I am feeling....

BeanyMama I am thinking about you and rooting for you......I hope your birth comes soon and is everything you want and dream of.
#12 of 12 Old 02-11-2008, 10:17 AM

I'm praying he comes home SOON and is in your arms. xoxo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page