VBAC mamas - How'd you do?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-11-2008, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter
g&a

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know there were quite a few VBAC mamas in this DDC (me included). Just wondering how it went.

We did it! It was close, though. We were induced a month early for low amniotic fluid. It was a fantastic birth in spite of the hospital.

g.

Canadian mama to A (C/S May 2004) and R (induced VBAC Dec 2007) expecting #3 in July.  Currently obsessing over permaculture, photography and beekeeping.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 02-12-2008, 02:14 PM

We were planning our second VBAC and ended up with a c/s. dd spent a week in the NICU for meconium aspiration and it was really rough
I hope the other moms planning VBACs were able to achieve them! My VBAC with my second child was such an empowering, thrilling experience.

~e, wife to my sweet T , mama to my turtleman (12) , sunshine (9 ), and monkey (6)
#3 of 4 Old 02-12-2008, 02:48 PM

I had a UC this time!! It was not unexpected but not planned either! This was my 3rd vbac and perfect
Angela
#4 of 4 Old 02-12-2008, 08:05 PM

Homebirth this time and it was AMAZING! I really couldn't have asked for things to go better (well...maybe the breastfeeding). She was only 4oz lighter than ds' likely inflated birthweight - proof positive that a prophylactic cesarean from suspected fetal macrosomia is medically unnecessary. There's absolutely no reason why ds needed to be a primary c/s.

That part's actually a little bitter sweet for me. I much prefer the recovery from a vaginal birth - even with my odd little tear.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page