How long did u bleed after baby? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 02-12-2008, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok I am 45 days post partum with baby #5 - i have never bled past 32 days and this time the bleeding is still going strong after 45 days...anyone in the same boat.?..i am so sick of this bleeding...i have had to take iron twice daily because the blood loss has effected my hemoglobin...i m sure cuz i am feelin dizzy and my hemo globin was not that high to begin with.

Momma to GG (dd - 14 yrs old), Active (ds - 10 yrs old), Toon (dd - 8 years old), Olive (ds - 5 years old), Princess (dd - 4 years old) and babyboy.gif Keemo (ds - 24 days old)

#2 of 15 Old 02-12-2008, 12:33 PM

Believe it or not I stopped bleeding the next day!!!! Me and my midwife were completely shocked!! I did have a couple times that I bled but it stopped right away. With my other two kiddos the first one I bled for 6 weeks and the second I bled for 4 weeks.

I am not sure how long you should bleed for maybe call your midwife and ask or check in with her?

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
#3 of 15 Old 02-12-2008, 01:23 PM

I'm at 4 weeks right now, and it's mostly gone but still faintly there.

Mama to Ella (1/15/08) and Django (03/20/11) - remembering 2 angel.gif
#4 of 15 Old 02-12-2008, 01:30 PM

I'm on day 18 PP and I'm still bleeding off and on, but it's slowed significantly. Some days I don't bleed at all, other days it's just brown. Yesterday I cleaned the downstairs and it was red again (I'm assuming it's from the activity). Every time I put on a panty liner instead of this jumbo-diaper-with-wings, there is inevitably blood. Go figure. :

Very envious of zahirakids!

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#5 of 15 Old 02-12-2008, 01:38 PM

3-4 weeks and then light spotting during the 7th week.
#6 of 15 Old 02-12-2008, 03:35 PM

I bled heavily for the first 2 weeks, and then it would come and go (but still heavy when it came) for about a week and then just spotting, a bit heavier if I was really active. I haven't had any since 35d pp.

OP-are you pushing yourself? (hard question I'm sure with a new babe) Is it a constant flow, or does it come and go? Are you feeling any cramping?

Happy Mommy to one amazing girl (6y) and one sweet boy (2y), and wife to DH since 7/03 : :
#7 of 15 Old 02-12-2008, 06:22 PM

I'm five weeks pp today and still bleeding a little. Its soooooo annoying : I did not bleed this long with my other two. Mine is off and on and pretty light but enough that I need to wear a panty-liner all the time.

Mama to Boy (10) Other Boy (7) and Girl (4)   mdcblog5.gif in my profile!

#8 of 15 Old 02-12-2008, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillybean View Post
I'm five weeks pp today and still bleeding a little. Its soooooo annoying : I did not bleed this long with my other two. Mine is off and on and pretty light but enough that I need to wear a panty-liner all the time.
: Annoys the heck out of me. It'll seem like it's stopped for a couple of days and then it's back. Asked my mw about it too and she didn't seem the least bit concerned. I don't think it lasted this long after ds, but I really can't remember.
#9 of 15 Old 02-12-2008, 08:38 PM

I am 5wpp tomorrow,still bleeding on and off, but usually very light, almost nothing. A few days ago it was heavier, redder, but then it stops...very annoying but I am not really worried about it. it just reminds me to still take it easy, not to do too much. It is very easy to do too much, so in a sense, I am glad it gives me sort of permission to sit down and relax.

I am not wearing any pads, just using old panties and changing several times a day. I got a rash from wearing pads and it comes back if I even try to put on a pad, I have never had this problem with pads before. I wish I had bought some cloth pads *sigh*

Also, I have gotten a few pimples down there, usually where the panty line is...what the heck is that from? I have been trying to stay really clean down there, maybe it is partially hormonal...anyone else getting these? what can I do about them? (don't have any right now, and I really don't want to get anymore)

mama tocoolshine.gif  andbikenew.gif3rdtri.gifdue in November

#10 of 15 Old 02-12-2008, 10:49 PM

I am glad you started this thread b/c I was wondering how long myself.
I'm only 3wks pp, but can't remember. I have two other kids to take care of also, so I think that makes it a little harder to take it easy.
Chris
#11 of 15 Old 02-12-2008, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_y_sol View Post
I am not wearing any pads, just using old panties and changing several times a day. I got a rash from wearing pads and it comes back if I even try to put on a pad, I have never had this problem with pads before. I wish I had bought some cloth pads *sigh*
my sister uses folded up bandanas for cloth pads.

i'm still bleeding, one month later. i barely bled the first 3 weeks, if at all, and now the last 2 days i've been bleeding pretty good. go figure.

treehugger.gif river and mountain mama to two amazing dust.gif girls, homebirth.jpg 8.25.05 and h20homebirth.gif 1.13.08, and married to my soulmate of 18 yrs partners.gif

#12 of 15 Old 02-12-2008, 11:27 PM

I bled solid for about 2 1/2 weeks then spotted for a week. I have stopped now for 3 days but have gotten some slimy discharge. I know I could have stopped by the second week but I was up walking around too much with my mom here and trying to grocery shop and what-not. I just couldn't stay in bed or stay on the couch. I felt fine and felt I had to help my husband and my mom help me! LOL.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#13 of 15 Old 02-13-2008, 02:03 AM

4wks PP today...officially done bleeding. Though it has been VERY faint for about a week. If I went to 45 days and it was still heavy i would be concerned, but I'm a first timer. Talk to your MW if you're worried.
#14 of 15 Old 02-13-2008, 11:25 AM

Thank goodness, Its not just me I am sitting at 4.5 weeks PP, and go a few days with nothing, then WHAMO bright red like day 3 again for 2-3 days. Then it starts to go brownish and stop again. I don't remember it this dramatic with DD, but that was 2 years ago, maybe I've forgotten. This is so annoying, you don't know what to take with you when you leave the house. For the most part I've been using pantyliners, and the last few days, super regulars Oh well, week 6 is in view.....

Penny(34), DH Leon(36) DD Abi (4) DS Jacob (2)
#15 of 15 Old 02-14-2008, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I finally went and got checked ,,,, my uterus is back to normal ,,,, now it could be abnormal bleeding cuz im on the minipill or that i i did too much or both according to the doc --- she prescribed a blood thinner to help but i dont know whethr or not i shud take it -- then she said i mite continue to bleed for three mnths then it will stop and i wont bleed at all - not even a period - since i am on that minipill.

i am so annoyed - i didnt want to take the pill or put the IUD in but those are my only choices and we dont like withdrawal and condoms are gross so now i get to bleed for three months???

Momma to GG (dd - 14 yrs old), Active (ds - 10 yrs old), Toon (dd - 8 years old), Olive (ds - 5 years old), Princess (dd - 4 years old) and babyboy.gif Keemo (ds - 24 days old)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page